PDA

View Full Version : Which marathon should i have???

xlemonx
01-20-2009, 02:42 AM
_awesome_ I was thinking of hosting a marathon with my 2 great friends.So i need some tips,advice,and suggestions.I will put a list up of potential games-
Halo1,2,and 3-72hours problably normal or heroic
Fable 1 and 2-72hours-one player
left for dead-24hours-two players
guitar hero 3,aerosmith,and world tour
COD3,COD4,and COD WaW[story]
Gears of war 1 and 2[1or2players]might do some online
fallout 3 and marvels alliance
Maybe a PSP game??
Bad Company
LEGO indiana jones,LEGO batman,and LEGO starwars2
Medal of Honor airborn-all achievments
Maybe Bioshock[i wouldnt play most of the time]i hate bioshock
Mirros Edge
simpsons the game
devil may cry 3&4
Time shift & the darkness
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
post what you think we should play=

Well probly do The lego series _awesome_

Kilgard
01-20-2009, 04:47 AM

I for one hate rockband/guitar hero marathons, They're fun games to play but watching them is like setting up a playlist and watching the visualizer. Not to mention every one is either doing, or has done this marathon. But clearly that's only my opinion because there are people who love watching others play the games.

A Devil May cry marathon may be interesting to watch if you add in the first two games.

MSico
01-20-2009, 09:48 AM

I for one hate rockband/guitar hero marathons, They're fun games to play but watching them is like setting up a playlist and watching the visualizer. Not to mention every one is either doing, or has done this marathon. But clearly that's only my opinion because there are people who love watching others play the games.

Those people are idiots. Please do anything, ANYTHING but a Guitar Hero and Rock Band marathon. It's one thing to watch your friends who are in the room play Guitar Hero, but watching someone playing it while streaming online is like watching a feed of Wii Sports, except even worse-- it just makes you wonder why you aren't playing it instead of watching someone else do it online.

Do you have any classic consoles? The best idea I saw you had listed were Halo or LEGO, although you're going to have a much more limited audience for Halo.

KeymasterPL
01-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I think that doing the Lego series would be cool. Its something that no one has done before. It would be interesting, but since the Lego games aren't too long you would probably have to get basically everything or do another game after.

MSico
01-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Well, one group did LEGO, but it was a fairly small turnout unfortunately.

localretard
01-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I think a fallout marathon would be cool.

Since the main misconception of Fallout is that there are only 3 games...I will list what could be played.

Fallout 1 (win/mac), Fallout 2 (win/mac), Fallout 3 (win/ps3/360), Fallout: Tactics (win), Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (ps2/xbox)

Then as a surprise whip out Fallout: Warfare.

xlemonx
01-20-2009, 10:35 PM
OK
1)i dont own any classic systems
2)I dont like fallout that much and only 3
3)Were doing all the lego games wich are like 3hours each
4)quit posting about GH and rock band
TY for thoes who gave good advice
keep on talking

Oh were big fans of FPS
and some RPG like halo,COD,and fable

MSico
01-20-2009, 11:30 PM
They all seem like good ideas. I don't think anyone has seen a marathon with some of the games you mentioned, like Mirror's Edge, Time Shift, or The Darkness.

It would be cool to see a marathon with lots of free running style games, like Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia series, Assassin's Creed, etc.

bobo_dude16
01-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Halo1,2,and 3-72hours problably normal or heroic
Fable 1 and 2-72hours-one player
left for dead-24hours-two players

does it really take you THAT long to beat those games?