PDA

View Full Version : Gutenburg's Adventure

Blackduck
01-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Description:

Yes, it's this time again! One of my flash games is nearing completion, but this time it's something big! It's a sidescroller RPG game where you play as Gutenburg on his quest to invent typography(woodblock printing in English), but first, he has to get his invention patented! So he has to venture on a quest to the top of a mountain where the pattent office is located. Here is a demo video I have made for the game, which shows the basic concept and how the game is played. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=oW_hmKPi-y0.

Beta testers:

I will also be needing some beta testers for this game, so feel free to post in here if you are willing to participate! You will also(highly likely, but not confirmed) be getting a special flash that allows you to create your own maps, so I can release a beta testers map pack along with the game's release! But you need to have at least 50posts and have been on the site for a month to prove that you are active, and will give me feedback when needed.

Demo related information:

I'm basically showing you how the game is programmed to just be able to drag symbols in the timeline and they all work. First I start off with just placing the gravity, along with Gutenburg and some grass, that shows you that this is all that is needed to make the game work, and is the basic concept. Then I add a snail and a slime into the game and a the level up system along with an HP bar. After that, it's just basically putting more enemies along with spikes to show that they hurt you, along with their animation. You also level up during this progress.Then I add some frozen water, which hurts you when you're inside it, and also makes you jump less, eventually replaced with normal water, which is basically the same thing, but it doesn't hurt you and is a different color. Next, I add a bit of platforms and walls to jump up, which shows you that the game's gravity is fully functional along with walls and platforms.Lastly, I add ice floor. Which when walked on, will slowly increase you speed by a bit and make you continue to slide, even if the arrow key to move is released.

Sponsors:

I'm fairly new to this flash stuff, which means I am currently not sponsored. So if you, or somebody you know is willing to sponsor me, send me an e-mail at neptune_productions@hotmail.com and you will recieve an automatic beta slot, but you have to be at least a decent sponsor, because I'm not a charity case(at least now yet)!

Special thanks:

Lastly, I'd like to give a very big special thanks to Brandon Duncan, who has sate beside me while I made this game for at least 12hours of it, and has helped me make the graphics for this game, along with all the in game audio, which you will only be able to enjoy if you've signed up for a beta testing slot, and have succesfully gotten one!

-Blackduck, hope to see you post under me!

MSico
01-20-2009, 11:57 PM
This looks pro, Blackduck!

CommentatorGuy
01-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Very cool.

I would like to beta test! pleeeeaaassseeeee =)

<3

bobo_dude16
01-21-2009, 07:17 PM
sweet man! i would like to test too if ya need me!

eternalflame34
01-21-2009, 07:38 PM
It's about time somebody made a game starring Gutenberg. Anyways this looks pretty cool, I'd love to help beta test. (Panda cameo?! _ninja_ )

ditto493
01-22-2009, 07:36 PM
That is pretty cool, but I don't think I have enough posts yet, but I have been on the forum for a bit more than a month. So could I probably test it after ten more posts.

By testing do you mean play the game and tell you what we think of them, or do you mean try to build a level. And where would we have to go to play it when it's completed.

whitemage730
01-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm up for testing! this looks raw! woot! this game is full of win. _triforce_

01-22-2009, 09:48 PM
I want to test I have over 50 post and tomorrow I would have officially been here for a month.

Blackduck
01-22-2009, 10:22 PM
By testing do you mean play the game and tell you what we think of them, or do you mean try to build a level. And where would we have to go to play it when it's completed.

The answer to that would be both. You will get to play the game itself, then sometime I'll be releasing a level maker(if everything goes according to plan) so the game will come with a beta testers map pack upon release.

zach2m1
01-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Lol well I already signed up to test this game :D

ditto493
01-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Ok after a few more posts I'd like to test the game by playing it and maby even design a few levels.

kmmgreen5
01-25-2009, 11:43 PM
lol yes sign me up for this

SuperPaperNess
01-25-2009, 11:43 PM
I would love to do it Blackduck. That would be awesome. :mrgreen:

Kilgard
01-25-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm game if you want me test it Black, I pretty much have nothing to do for the next 2 months so I'll gladly try to break the game :D

Blackduck
01-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Alright guys, today is the last day you can sign up for testing! You have until ~5:00PM Pacific Standard Time to post saying you're willing to test before you lose this chance! You still have a 30% chance of making it if you sign up!

iHeart_Absol
01-26-2009, 06:56 PM
I'll have a go then =D