PDA

View Full Version : Currently Reading

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

iHeart_Absol
01-28-2009, 10:48 PM
I just finished The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls and I am about to read Memoirs of a Geisha. Both are for class but I L-O-V-E them!!!

Kilgard
01-28-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm actually reading Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain for like the third time, Every time I question why I decided to be a chef this book makes it allllll better :D

zach2m1
01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Well I am not a big reader. Actually I don't read a lot and my parents give me heck for that. Well I can't just get into reading that much though. Well I have bin reading the Harry Potter books and The Hardy Boys and some history books about the most evil women and men in history I also like conspiracies storys aswell but right now I am reading Harry Potter and the half blood prince.

SuperPaperNess
01-28-2009, 11:00 PM
I never read. :P The only time I do read is when I need to at school.

the1stpkmnfan
01-28-2009, 11:02 PM
I havent read that many books lately. I usely read Nintendo Power, but Im still awaiting next month for the March voume to come out.

recently, I've only read my Pokemon anime book for yall that one day last week.

MSico
01-28-2009, 11:04 PM
I bought like 14 of these things from Barnes and Noble, and I think I talked about them in another topic... but they're collected unabridged works by different authors. Right now I have Jules Verne, H. G. Wells, Victor Hugo, and Oscar Wilde... the rest are in the mail :P

iHeart_Absol
01-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Haha open your worlds to new horizons! Getting lost in a book is the best thing ever!

Kilgard
01-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Haha open your worlds to new horizons! Getting lost in a book is the best thing ever!

yeah zach, They're like MGS4 but you don't have to walk to the next chapter >.> ohhhhh

iHeart_Absol
01-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Kilgard, go read a book... D<

Rust
01-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Gorillaz: Rise of the Ogre..

again..

Gwellin
01-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Lets see. I'm reading Twitter, and the forum, and the text in A Link to the Past...

I know, it's sad.

I have been wanting to read iWoz again, and The Art of War (Sun Tzu) which a friend gave me a while ago. Oh, and I'll definitely read the instruction booklets to any new games I get.

dryuriev7777
01-28-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm very slowly getting through Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. It's certainly...um...interesting...

Cross-Warrior
01-29-2009, 12:09 AM
The Bible, and ill be reading that for the rest of my life!

SuperPaperNess
01-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Good for you Cross! *High five*

Ferenc
01-29-2009, 08:22 PM
I am reading World War Z... again. After that I plan on ordering Arcade Mania since I can't get that in any of the local bookstores.

whitemage730
01-29-2009, 08:30 PM

Dude, same here!
But I just finished reading Breaking Dawn last night... (the last installment in the Twilight series) and I didn't really like how it ended.
MAJOR SPOILER
[spoiler:9n1dnsqh]C&#39;mon... It was set up and everything. If Caius wanted to kill them, why didn&#39;t he just do it?! That fight should&#39;ve happened, and the Cullens and friends should&#39;ve prevailed, with maybe a few casualities, like Harry Potter... not that I really liked the ending to Harry Potter either... Actually, i didn&#39;t really mind how the battle turned out, I just thought the epilogue was dumb...(In HP, not Breaking Dawn.)[/spoiler:9n1dnsqh]

Hope i didn't offend anyone...

iHeart_Absol
01-29-2009, 11:05 PM
I HATED the ending to Harry Potter....got on my nerves and such....

And I never really liked Twilight =/ Not into vampires sorry.

Ninboycl
01-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Re-Reading TMOHS Volume 1 since I just got it as a present.
The Universe In a Nutshell - Steven Hawking
The Theory of Everything - Steven Hawking
Re-Reading The Celestine Prophesy, and its subsequent books.
A couple different Physics Thesis's, one of which is:
Wave Phenomena in Phononic Crystals - Alexey Sukhovich *for my science fair project*
The Field, The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe - Lynne McTaggart

As you can see, my book diet is made completely of Physic's papers, and manga. xD
*I read and own every Harry Potter book, along with a LOT of Piers Anthony books, all of the Xanth Series and Killabyte, to name a few. I also have a bunch of Stephen King and Tom Clancy books.*

SuperPaperNess
01-30-2009, 04:02 AM
I'm reading "A Midsummer Night's Dream" for English class, but that's it.

zach2m1
01-30-2009, 02:22 PM
I actually never read a shakespear book. But I will probably for english class this simester.

iHeart_Absol
01-30-2009, 03:46 PM

Exodus ftw :)

Aeronautical
02-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I just finished Great Expectations. Now I'm trying to read this HUGE book of Azumanga strips. Ugh, it's like a phone book ><

Megimano
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm starting to read some old Nova comics!

bobo_dude16
02-02-2009, 07:30 PM
im reading 'how to stalk phil'

i mean....

'how to stalk chase'

yea this it _dead_

Ferenc
02-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Bone #9 and after that I'll be reading Black Summer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Summer)

Aeronautical
02-02-2009, 08:35 PM
I never got into Twilight. Vampires are just....eh

zach2m1
02-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Well it looks like I can't read harry potter cause we are currently reading a novel in English called mice and men so far its an ok book. But I would prefer to finish up the harry potter series ><

bobo_dude16
02-02-2009, 09:37 PM
harry potter is so not-religious but sooo good ><

iHeart_Absol
02-05-2009, 09:08 PM
I am reading the computer screen.

Bakanekokao
03-15-2009, 07:35 AM
manga-
Naruto (admits shame XD)
Shiki
Bokke-san

books-
Dante's inferno (almost finished)
Alice in wonderland (school)
A confederacy of dunces (rereading, best book i've read in a while Quote: "Do not molest us with your letter anymore." XD)

SuperPaperNess
03-15-2009, 09:17 AM
I actually bought a book :o at our school book fair... it's called Every Soul A Star, it's pretty good.

CodeZTM
03-15-2009, 10:40 AM
I've been cuddling every night with my college chemistry text, trying to stay afloat in a horrible little world of college examinations. _awesome_

But if mean books that I actually like? Reading "The Big Shuffle" by Pedersen, which is so far very entertaining. :D

Haruka
03-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Currently reading your minds :D

MattTBK
03-16-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm reading a few books at the moment, I just started Anthem by Ayn Rand on friday, but the marathon interrupted my reading or else I'd be finished it. I've also been reading the Sword of truth series again for the 3rd time, and I'm on Faith of the Fallen (THE best book in the series). Finally, I am also reading the God delusion by Richard Dawkins.

Trombonus
03-17-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm currently reading the Transformers G1 Profile books made by Dreamwave productions. 400+ characters, each with individual personalities and back stories. Heaven. _awesome_

iHeart_Absol
03-17-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm reading these forums....WHAT? HOW?

Bakanekokao
03-17-2009, 04:32 PM
well technically the fourms...

But the series or book(s) I'm currently reading are:
After school nightmare
jinzou shojo
and naruto (well only at school)

books:
Speak
A confederacy of dunces

diddyknux
03-19-2009, 05:24 PM
tvtropes.org

Seriously, I find that stuff addicting. Also, Zelda: TP and OoS.

TheUserless
03-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Im reading Delta Force: The Army's Elite Counter Terrorist Unit. I just recently finished Stephen Kings IT which is great long but great.

nmufred
03-19-2009, 05:49 PM

Dude, same here!
But I just finished reading Breaking Dawn last night... (the last installment in the Twilight series) and I didn't really like how it ended.
MAJOR SPOILER
[spoiler:y8mju6bs]C&#39;mon... It was set up and everything. If Caius wanted to kill them, why didn&#39;t he just do it?! That fight should&#39;ve happened, and the Cullens and friends should&#39;ve prevailed, with maybe a few casualities, like Harry Potter... not that I really liked the ending to Harry Potter either... Actually, i didn&#39;t really mind how the battle turned out, I just thought the epilogue was dumb...(In HP, not Breaking Dawn.)[/spoiler:y8mju6bs]

Hope i didn't offend anyone...

When I do have the drive to read, I'm working through the Twilight series myself, midway through book 3, Eclipse. The reason I "quoted" you whitemage730 is because I appreciate you putting the spoiler alert, since I'm obviously not finished yet. Thank you.

Boo_24_7
03-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Right now I'm reading Dead Until Dark, which I have to say has quite a few similarities to the Twilight books.

MattTBK
03-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm reading Ways of the Shadow by Brent weeks. Surprisingly good book, although it could be structured a bit better.

supaspenc
03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh yeah I totally read the forums at least once a day, but seriously I have been reading more books on the Red Wall series by Brian Jacques. Its really a pretty decent series I think hes up to 20 books in the series all linking in story and time line. I like seeing the characters develop as they grow and over come each obstacle. I just finished Salamandastron its pure awesome.

Aeronautical
03-23-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm reading Twilight right now for English class. I haven't actually started it yet, but I need to read the first few by next Tuesday to get enough points ><

03-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Listen!

http://www.postimage.org/Pq2xAlUi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

and...............

Macbeth............... :|

MattTBK
03-23-2009, 05:33 PM
God I read too many books. I'm just starting Atlus Shrugged by Ayn Rand at the moment. I also have to finish the God Delusion.

Halladay32
03-23-2009, 05:42 PM
"Wolf Island" by Darren Shan...for the last three months :P This is because of stupid school books that I have to read for my English class - so technically, I'm reading "Pacific Edge" by some random author that I don't care for

MSico
03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Atlus Shrugged by Ayn Rand

SOOOO GOOD :o I need to pick that one back up...

zach2m1
03-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Well right now I am in between two books. Romeo and Juliet for school and I am also reading the original 1954 novel I am Legend. Man the movie and this are both great but they are a bit different from each other I am going to let you figure out how.

SuperPaperNess
03-23-2009, 11:06 PM
I am also reading the original 1954 novel I am Legend.
I bet that one doesn't have Will Smith in it. :P

Cel
03-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Stephen King - Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower). Very, very thick, and a little bit boring ... But I've realized that keeping on reading is worth it!

Letifer
03-24-2009, 04:21 AM
For the moment I'm reading "Kort skjol"(It's swedish, It means "short skirt".) by Christina Wahldén because of school work. It's pretty good, but kinda sad. All I can say it's about a girl who get raped...

iHeart_Absol
03-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Waaaaah! Too much school stuff to read DX I want to read one of my favorite books, Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams. I have been forced to read Persepolis though. It's not a bad book, but it is sooo different. I haven't read a "graphic novel" before, except for things like comic books and manga, but they aren't considered in this case.

RobZombie
03-24-2009, 01:20 PM
I am also reading the original 1954 novel I am Legend. Man the movie and this are both great but they are a bit different from each other I am going to let you figure out how.
I love that book probally my favorite book of all time well that and 1984 and The Stand but ya the book and the movie are so Diffrent it kinda pissed me off because the movie could have been so much better if it stuck to the story in the book

zach2m1
03-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Yea I was kinda disappointed with the Movie a Bit but I have to say that both novel and the movie is amazing!

03-24-2009, 08:52 PM
......... I'm scared that i have to watch a play and movie bout Macbeth for class................. why am i even reading the book if i'm in 7th grade :?: :?

And i finished Listen now i am reading the Marly and Me book.......

whitemage730
03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
......... I'm scared that i have to watch a play and movie bout Macbeth for class................. why am i even reading the book if i'm in 7th grade :?: :?

I never saw that movie... it's the Jennifer Anniston and Owen Wlison one, right? I wanted to see it. Tell me how the book is. :D

Halladay32
03-24-2009, 09:38 PM

MacBeth isn't that difficult to understand - just be thankful you don't have to read A Midsummer Night's Dream -.- (If you don't understand it however, CliffsNotes are a godsend)
And the play and movie will most likely have overdramatic actors, so at least that's entertaining :)

Nuclear_Oat
03-24-2009, 09:45 PM
I've just recently read the entire Alex Riders series, it was meh OK I only kept reading it because when I read one book in a series I got to read them all.

Though at the moment I am reading Tom Sawyer, of all the books I've read you would think I would have read this by now >_>

First time reading it :3

SuperPaperNess
03-25-2009, 11:50 PM
just be thankful you don't have to read A Midsummer Night's Dream
Haha, I just finished reading that for school about a month ago. o_0

RobZombie
03-26-2009, 12:28 AM
I had to read macbeth back when I was in High School lol I though it was pretty awsome not as good as Hamlet but still it was really good

"Something wicked this way comes" I freaking love that quote also love the book by Ray Bradbury if you have never heard of it check it out its one of my favorite books

untuxable
03-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Just finished reading:
Ghost Recon
Endwar
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
Artemis Fowl: the Time Paradox
3 or 4 of the second Warriors series (it's about cats, not gladiators)

Currently Reading:
To Kill a Mockingbird

Nuclear_Oat
03-27-2009, 08:41 PM
I never really tried to read those books taken from videogames, are they good in your opinion?

MSico
03-28-2009, 10:52 AM
The Mass Effect books are amazing. :)

SeriousKano
03-30-2009, 04:11 PM
World War Z - An Oral History of the Zombie War

I just started but with 350 pages this is the longest book I read in English.

Aeronautical
03-30-2009, 05:10 PM
The Book of Three for English class. It's actually the 1st book in that series, which always confused me X3

WiiFanBoy
03-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Im currently reading Brisingr

SuperPaperNess
03-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Once again for English class, we're reading The Diary of Anne Frank.

Secretkey
03-31-2009, 06:05 AM
I just finished the 6th book of the Artemis Fowl-series. Regarding my age I am a bit too old for it, but I don't feel that way, so who cares? I pretty much liked it, but book Nr. 3 is still my favourite!

iHeart_Absol
04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I just finished the 6th book of the Artemis Fowl-series. Regarding my age I am a bit too old for it, but I don't feel that way, so who cares? I pretty much liked it, but book Nr. 3 is still my favourite!

Oh wow that series is still going? >_> I must have tried to read that in 5th grade but I never finished all but the first book. It was ok I guess, but I got into Harry Potter more.

zach2m1
04-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Well we finished Romeo and Juliet and I have to say that is a very sad story. (even though it was meant to be) Well I guess the next book is what ever my english teacher decides for me to read. And then do another essay about that book..... :lol:

Tanexion
04-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Well we finished Romeo and Juliet and I have to say that is a very sad story. (even though it was meant to be) Well I guess the next book is what ever my english teacher decides for me to read. And then do another essay about that book..... :lol:
Yea I guess it was sad...I wouldn't really know because when we read it in my senior English class, a friend of mine and I would constantly whisper dumb comments to each other about whatever book we were reading. Then when it was her turn or my turn to read, we'd randomly burst into uncontrollable snickering mid-sentence. Senior English was AWESOME!!

MSico
04-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Sad? More like melodramatic. :? teenagers...

*breaks hip, then uses cane to activate Life Alert*

TheUserless
04-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I just started reading The Journey To The West from the 4 or 5 chapters I have read so far its a really great book and I understand why so much stuff has been based on this book.

04-04-2009, 01:15 AM
I finished that whole series a long time ago in 5th or 6th grade
(1-2 years ago :P)

Secretkey
04-04-2009, 01:32 AM
I see - the 6th book was released about 2 months ago here.

By the way, even in Germany we had to read cretain books in English class. For example Death of a Salesman, A streetcar named Desire, Brave New World and Romeo and Juliet :)

RobZombie
04-04-2009, 01:34 AM

I wonder if Anne Frank would be mad that people all over the world have read her diary, isnt that stuff suppose to be private lol

SuperPaperNess
04-04-2009, 10:01 AM

I wonder if Anne Frank would be mad that people all over the world have read her diary, isnt that stuff suppose to be private lol
They never published the private stuff, it's just a story explaining the events occurring during that time.

iHeart_Absol
04-04-2009, 10:50 PM
I know I cheated and watched the movie first, but I am now reading Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer on the side of everything else I am forced to read. It's a quirky story with a deep meaning behind it.

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. must be the best name for a dog ever. XD

For my Modern Lit. class I am reading The Things They Carried. So far it's an annoying book, only because it goes everywhere with no flow at all. My teacher said it would be a lot better as I continue reading so I hope so.

BlueBlazer
04-05-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm reading Watchmen again. It's so awesome. I need to go see the movie again as well.

Nuclear_Oat
04-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I am reading too much manga to mention, and I am also reading Huckleberry Fin.

the1stpkmnfan
04-05-2009, 10:02 PM
I have a Book Report assignment in my English class, that began last Thursday, so I have to read a book. :P

I got this book from the library, and it's called "Driver's Ed". I thought it would be perfect to me, but Im close to the end of the first chapter already.

And I have to do the plot structure on my papers I got from my teacher. Wont this be a fun assignment.

04-06-2009, 02:52 AM
edit

Boo_24_7
04-15-2009, 05:03 PM
The Andromeda Strain by Micheal Crichton, which I'm almost done with, then I'll start Eaters of the Dead, also by Micheal Awesome.

LadyReiha
04-21-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm currently reading this:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EKXG9DffL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

excellent Manga ^-^

zach2m1
04-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Well after watching the movies I decided to go through the Harry Potter series once again. Right now I am about half way through The Philosoper's Stone. And I have to say it is nice going through books a second time.

Mega_Mario
04-22-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm currently reading The Complete Sherlock Holmes Volume II and Animal Farm.

The latter is for a class, the former is my choice.

zach2m1
04-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Animal Farm? Oh sweet I am reading that to for English! I like it quiet a bit so far. My dad told me a lot about the Russian revolution so I can defiantly see the resemblance!

the1stpkmnfan
04-22-2009, 04:16 PM
For my english class:

To Kill a Mocking Bird...

For my English BOOK REPORT (going on at the same time):

Drivers Ed (this one is way more interesting)

Mega_Mario
04-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Zach :Heh, I'm only about to start Chapter 4, but it does seem like a great book.

I think Ninboy said he was reading that a while ago, pkmnfan.

zach2m1
04-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Woah Mario this is weird because my English class is ALSO on chapter four. Now this can't get any more weird. :?

DrewStern
04-22-2009, 06:03 PM
reading the first narnia cuz i have to read 4 book series this summer.

Narnia
Twilight
Montgomery
Chasing Vermeer

diddyknux
04-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Stephen King's It. I've seen the movie and have wanted to read the actual book for awhile now. It has a lot more background info than the movie, but I guess when you're limited to a set number of hours, you have to try and cut corners. I have until May 13th, my last day of school, to read about 1000 pages.

DrewStern
04-29-2009, 06:04 PM
i know what u did last summer...

Mega_Mario
04-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Woah Mario this is weird because my English class is ALSO on chapter four. Now this can't get any more weird. :?
That is strange... Well, I just finished the book. Chapter 8 is very sad.
So, I guess I'm not Currently Reading Animal Farm anymore, unless I review it before a test...

Brineboy
04-29-2009, 07:45 PM
That is strange... Well, I just finished the book. Chapter 8 is very sad.
So, I guess I'm not Currently Reading Animal Farm anymore, unless I review it before a test...

Know what else is strange my english class just finished reading that aswell and now are moving on to Lord of the Flies. We were supposed to watch the movie of animal farm but we apparently dont have enough time to before the end of year.

Red Devil82
05-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Just started reading 'The Road' by Cormac McCarthy.

It's good to read a book again; had not done it in over a year. :oops:

Aeronautical
05-01-2009, 06:38 PM
My mom just got my a huge hardback copy of the Hobbit I'm going to read soon. She offered to get my a paperback to bring to school, but I'm more than happy to haul it around.

Boo_24_7
05-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Starting reading Airframe about a week ago. Pretty awesome book.

SeriousKano
05-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Just finished The Catcher in the Rye. Reading recommended. The best book I've read for a while.

Aeronautical
05-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm looking through World's Worst Airplanes right now. I wish I had a flying house boat...

the1stpkmnfan
05-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Finally finished Mocking Bird part 1 (Ch.1-11) and my book for my report: Driver's Ed. It was a nice book, but Im glad it's over.

killerwombat
05-07-2009, 06:05 PM
I was reading to kill a mocking bird - I got about 40 pages in - but then we were assigned to read The Diary of Anne Frank. It is as boring as watching a documentary on the history of chairs. For 90 pages it only talks about her having a crush on this guy in the shelter their hiding in. After I get finished with it, I am going to finish Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I got about half way through it before I was assigned to read another book for school.

Rain
05-08-2009, 03:02 PM
"Wuthering Heights"
By: Emily Brontë

Yeah, it's an old fashioned book, but I have to do a personal study for Higher English and this a good book to study for it.

CodeZTM
05-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm happy to be done with college so now I can go back to reading my own material. I'm going to delve a little into some obscure foreign literature and try to increase my knowledge on differing cultural values that foreign novelists put into their work as compared to ours in America.

I think th'at's going to be my senior thesis paper. >.>

At the very least I want to get some basis on Dumas and Solzhenistyn. Tolstoy is another one I was considering, but I really need to read some Doestoevsky especially because its going to be one of the main authors I'm studying for next semester's foreign literature.

But then I just read over all that and I feel like I should just pick up some Patterson or Koontz or Grisham and be happy about my own culture and save myself the pages of notes I'd be taking alongside reading and just enjoy myself. I've really fallen behind on keeping up with Koontz, especially because I should just enjoy literature for the face value. *blush*

But being an English ED major now... It's just a lot of fun to delve into the world of Literature and analyze everything.

Oh, what am I reading now though? I'm reading Great Expectations, one of my very favorite novels of all time. :)

Nite_Stryke7
05-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Well I'm always reading something I hate for school but on the side I've been working through the Eragon series. I'm on Eldest right now.

DrewStern
05-09-2009, 10:04 AM
im reading Twilight, its for a contest.

Tachyon
05-09-2009, 10:42 AM
I`m reading The Last olympian By Rick Riordan

DrewStern
05-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Done with Twilight, on to New Moon!

PKMN4Ever
05-11-2009, 10:14 PM
I recently just finished The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, which is one of my favorite books :D

the1stpkmnfan
05-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Aw, The Outsiders was one of my favorite books to read from 8th Grade. I especially like the movie, since I saw it twice. :D But the book is just as good.

TwilightWarrior
05-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Aw, The Outsiders was one of my favorite books to read from 8th Grade. I especially like the movie, since I saw it twice. :D But the book is just as good.
You did that too? So did we just recently. It was a pretty good book, and the movie wasn't half bad. Although I think everyone just watched it and took it like a period off. :lol: Right now I'm reading two books(A new record for me. _awesome_ ): Call of the Wild and That was then, this is now. Call of the Wild: I'm sorry, but I'm really bored with this book. It just doesn't interest me. The downside is I have to read this for English, and do a whole bunch of work on it with a group of guys I don't even like. :( TWT,TIN: It's good so far. I like the little Outsiders character cross-over. I have to read this for Reading, which won't be too bad. My reading teacher is really nice to me, but I really don't like everyone else. But oh well...*Goes back to reading*

puregamer123
05-12-2009, 03:00 AM
I never read unless im forced to do so. At the moment i have to read a book for a school project. The book is called "peer gynt". It's a very old book, and I wouln't reccomend reading it unless you are into old books:P

SonikkuMan
05-17-2009, 03:01 AM
I started reading The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I figured that if the anime is based off it, then the book would have more details. Can't wait for the 4th book to come to America.

highkaizer
05-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Right now I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula, it's not what I thought it would be but I'm liking it so far.

After that, I'm going to start reading the Thirteenth Tale, which a good friend of mine highly recommended.

05-19-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm actually reading the outsiders in class with my class what a coincidence :P

SuperPaperNess
05-19-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm actually reading the outsiders in class with my class what a coincidence :P
Nice. I remember reading The Outsiders in class last year, it's really good.

jsatter13
05-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Currently, I'm reading the Pendragon series. I'm on the 10th one right now, and its SO epic :D

Its a great series, I recommend it to anyone.

bobo_dude16
05-21-2009, 06:59 PM
I just finished Touching Spirit Bear. I forget who the author is, but the book was absolutely amazing you will love it i give it a 9/10!

the1stpkmnfan
05-21-2009, 07:50 PM
I remember reading TSB. I think I'd recommend that to SDB. :P

Back in 6th grade, I really didnt understand it a bit. We read this book during 6th grade, so yeah. When I continued reading it for our class assignments, I got use to it when the story got interesting.

Boo_24_7
05-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Digital Fortress by Dan Brown.

Oculin
05-27-2009, 02:10 AM
It's very hard to get me intrested in reading blooks...I did read Dracula in school whcih was cool, if only for all the refrences Castlevania made and im like "Quincey morris...JOHNATHAN MORRIS! Oh that is amazing" lol I don't remember if there was any refrence to Belmonts in it...I got fairly sick at the time in school and we werent allowed to take the books home so i missed chunks of the book. I have a resident evil book ive had for over a year...haven't started reaing it still...

Tachyon
05-27-2009, 09:52 PM
I`m now reading ``the cross-warr-- i mean crossroads''

Kratos
05-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, definitely one of the greatest books I've ever read. I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. Can't wait to see the movie.

Ferenc
05-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Science texbook...
EEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMSSS SSSSSSS
:(

Tachyon
05-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Science texbook...
Fun! :D XD
Ugh, I need a book for a silly book assignment, any ideas? (for a 13 year old who loves reading!)

bobo_dude16
05-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Science texbook...
Ugh, I need a book for a silly book assignment, any ideas? (for a 13 year old who loves reading!)
Gregor the Overlander or Touching Spirit Bear

Tachyon
05-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Touching Spirit Bear sounds good! Tomorrow I`m going to my local bookstore, they know my style so i`ll ask for TSB, Thanks Bobo!

Tachyon
05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks guys! *sigh* this community never ceases to amaze me! :D

jsatter13
05-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Science texbook...
I highly suggest the Pendragon series. I'm 14 and I got hooked on the series after reading 2 pages.

Yeah, its THAT good.

iHeart_Absol
05-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Well, I recently read The Kite Runner for school. It's a very deep book and I fell in love with it. It's definitely worth checking out.

I'm out of school now. No more highschool for me! I'll try to find a book I am interested in to read over my break.

Tachyon
05-31-2009, 12:10 PM
I am going to read Gregor the overlander for the assignment! but before that i`m going to read Daniel X

Zaerox Gamma
05-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Don't ask why, but I just finished The Catcher in the Rye. I see so much of Holden in myself that it's...almost not a good thing.

MattTBK
06-03-2009, 07:18 PM
I totally agree with you, Catcher in the Rye is an amazing book, and I see a lot of my self in Holden too, I just love how in-depth you can read in to the book to see things that I know J.D Salinger didn't mean at all. : ). I had to write a 4 page essay on it about the central themes portrayed in the novel, it was a lot of fun to write.

Now at the moment I'm reading the path of daggers by Robert Jordan and I am reading through the entire wheel of time series again just so I can be refreshed on all the little details by November 22nd when Brandon Sanderson is releasing the 12th book in the series which I dearly hope is going to be well done.

I am also going to start reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand in a few days, because after reading Anthem I was totally hooked on her books I completely recommend Anthem to anyone if you want to read a real thought-provoking novel about humanism.

Note: I am an absolute fantasy nut when it comes to reading, but amazingly and sadly, I have never read the lord of the rings books :O I've been meaning to but I always forget to get the books whenever I stop by the library or the book store.

Trinton07
06-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Well right now I'm re-reading the On the Run series by Gordan Korman, I read it first when I was in like 5th grade, but I still like it and since its pretty short, defiently short for a series at least, I fealt like reading it again.

BlueBlazer
06-06-2009, 09:39 AM
The Divine Comedy Volume 1: Hell.

06-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Currently I am reading, for the third time, Tuesday's with morrie. I will be reading something else that someone on the forum will like, but I will not mention names.

Trombonus
06-15-2009, 01:28 PM
I am currently reading through the Beast Wars Omnibus, which includes two full printed stories and an expansive database on all the characters. Was a fantastic find and if you like Beast wars then you should definitely pick it up!

Boo_24_7
06-15-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm reading Goosebumps :)

Ruju
06-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Catcher in the Rye ^-^ In 7th grade half the school read it and I heard a lot of people liked it. My class read Malcolm X instead, which was good, but Rye is a classic. I finally started it, and like it so far. I think my thoughts tend to repeat themselves like Holden's. Can't wait to finish.

erw64
06-18-2009, 07:40 PM
i read the warcraft books

lil_miss_batty
06-18-2009, 10:07 PM
right now i'm reading "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" it's lulz and actually well written. the things they changed that is _awesome_

Fullsilverwolf
06-22-2009, 09:30 PM
I just finished reading "Of mice and men." It was for summer reading. (Though it was really good, I thought)

06-22-2009, 10:18 PM
I just finished reading "Of mice and men." It was for summer reading. (Though it was really good, I thought)

"of mice and men" I found to be very good. I don't know why but it's just one of those books that sticks inside your head right?

Ruju
06-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Finished Catcher in the Rye. I realized very quickly that it wasn't the type of book to have an epic ending like Harry Potter, so I wondered how it would finish. It wasn't too bad, but still kind of sudden. I'd like to know more about Holden.

championj
06-25-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm currently reading Anthony Bourdain's book A Cook's Tour. Very well written and if you enjoy cooking, pick it up.

pikminsquad2148
06-26-2009, 05:50 AM
I readind Pendragon soon after that I'll begin readin the Hobbit

iHeart_Absol
06-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Right now I am reading through The Chronicles Of Narnia. The book I am on is The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. If you liked the movie, I suggest you go through and read all of the books. It explains a lot.

ChickenLeg
06-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Though I haven't read it yet, I just requested a copy of the original novel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Hound_(novel)l) of The Fox and the Hound. Hoping it's good.

Sonic62
06-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Besides the forums and text in games? _awesome_

Shannon
07-02-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm going to start reading Half-Blood Prince again soon in time for the movie.

_awesome_

Boo_24_7
07-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Now that I'm done with Goosebumps, I going to be reading The Terminal Man, Sphere, Disclosure(All by Michael Crichton) and Deception Point(Dan Brown)

TMax13
07-06-2009, 07:31 PM
I am reading tsg forums since i have nothing better to do when i get home.I am usually watching UStream,playing on the internet,and playing videogames.

ChickenLeg
07-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I am reading tsg forums since i have nothing better to do when i get home.
http://horribleville.com/comics/20060430.jpg

MSico
07-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Brian Greene (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Greene), The Fabric of the Cosmos (http://www.amazon.com/Fabric-Cosmos-Space-Texture-Reality/dp/0375412883). This is beyond any doubt the best book I have ever read (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fabric_of_the_Cosmos). He covers (a lot) more than Hawking does in ABHOT, and does it with more understandable examples.

quakmastr
07-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I just came back from Barnes & Noble and I am about to crack open a freshly picked copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Can't wait to see how it is!

ChickenLeg
07-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh God, The Fox and the Hound!

It's... words cannot describe the awesome.

Masamune
07-17-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm reading the Star Wars Trilogy Novelisations. It differs a little, but it's still good.

whoawhereami
07-20-2009, 06:47 AM
I'm reading the Picture of Dorian Gray. Too much Uncyclopedia and its worship of Oscar Wilde led me to do it. XD Also MacBeth, but summer homework doesn't count. XP

phistoh
07-22-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm reading "The Poincare Conjecture: In Search of the Shape of the Universe" by O'Shea at the moment. It's really interesting if you like maths.

Shiron
07-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Currently reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Pretty good stuff, but so far, I liked the actual novels better than these short stories.

Zephean
07-22-2009, 05:48 PM
For the first time in years, I'm reading a book that hasn't been forced on me by school. I'm reading "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggers.

Zorro in Arkham
07-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Empire by Orson Scott Card

averber
07-23-2009, 02:28 AM
Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson, and rereading Dune by Frank Herbert. I should read more.

Razlu
07-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Its not really on a highschool/college lvl but im reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series its pretty good

Zeek
07-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Tell no one by Harlan Coben. This book is pretty cool, It's a nice mystery book with plenty of twists in it.

SpectacleG
07-24-2009, 10:58 PM
"Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan. Book One of the Wheel of Time series. I'm ashamed to call myself a fantasy fan even though I have not read these books yet.

SelecaoIX
07-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Middlesex, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, and Blindness.

zach2m1
07-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Now due to the new Harry Potter movie out and all, I decided to get back into reading the Harry Potter series. Now about a year ago I was into it, like I read the first three then I was on the fourth book. So the only time I decided to read it was when, well at school. And so I read it when ever we had S.T.A.R.T (Something to do with reading idk lol) and so by the end of the year I didn't finish reading it. And so that was the last time I picked up the book, until now! So as you can tell by this huge paragraph I am continuing the Harry Potter series.

SilverShadows
07-25-2009, 12:21 AM
I just finished rereading Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I'm a fan of the Dark Hunter series, so I'm working on getting all of the books, so I decided to start rereading from scratch.

iKrys
07-25-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm a dork and am reading the Resident Evil series :P I'm on the third book atm.

Trombonus
07-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Been reading the Beast Wars Omnibus for a while now, and only have a few pages left to go. I also read the Transformers: War Within Omnibus and started reading Harry Potter: The Deathly Hollows.

Don
07-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Lately I can't stop reading and rereading the released paperbacks of the Codex: Alera series by Jim Butcher. I probably should pick up his other series, The Dresden Files, as I imagine I'd enjoy those as well.

imdragonreborn
07-25-2009, 02:39 PM
"Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan. Book One of the Wheel of Time series. I'm ashamed to call myself a fantasy fan even though I have not read these books yet.

As long as you've read most of the Malazan Books of the Fallen by Steven Erikson ;)

Sadly RJ's deceased and his last book still hasn't been produced. And around The Path of Daggers the series starts milking the fans, but hopefully the last book, when it comes out, will conclude a lot of stuff.

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
07-25-2009, 08:46 PM
fanfiction

MiniKitty
07-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi. It's required summer reading, and I'm finding it really boring. D:
Once I finish this I'll probably read The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. I've had it for a while but have been too busy to read it.

MikeOfTheCross
07-25-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm actually reading a couple of books currently. "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. The "Emperor" series by Conn Iggulden. And kind of running threw the Harry Potter series.

MattTBK
07-26-2009, 03:50 PM

As long as you've read most of the Malazan Books of the Fallen by Steven Erikson ;)

Sadly RJ's deceased and his last book still hasn't been produced. And around The Path of Daggers the series starts milking the fans, but hopefully the last book, when it comes out, will conclude a lot of stuff.

The entire series is great it's just later on in the series he starts writing the books a little differently. They are still amazing books.

Also your username is based on the series but you don't know anything about the rest of the series.

The last book was barely even started when Robert jordan passed away. He left all of his notes to his wife, and his wife chose Brandon Sanderson (The author of the mistborn trilogy, which is what I'm currently reading) to continue the last book. Brandon and RJ's wife decided that the book which was supposed to be called a memory of light was going to be far too long for a single book so they decided to split it up into a trilogy with the first one being called the gathering storm, and It is being released in November.

Nashzilla
07-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Right now I'm reading "The Devil and Miss Prym" by Paulo Coehlo, my favorite author

Amras89
07-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Current book I have next to my bed is the Half-Blood Prince because I wanted to read it before I saw the movie lol. But it didn't turn out that way. I will finish though.

SpeedStrike7
07-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Reading new harry potter book, friend loaned it to me for a couple of weeks :D

TowerCat
07-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Twelve Kingdoms: Sea of Shadow by Fuyumi Ono
Watched the anime and kinda fell for it. Already bought the other two books that were released.

Halladay32
08-01-2009, 10:54 PM
"Dark Calling" by Darren Shan.

BlueBlazer
08-02-2009, 02:58 PM
I just read The Ishbane Conspiracy. It was a fantastic book. I'm now reading D.Gray-Man volume 3.

Mastertoku
08-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Pratchett's Guards! Guards!. One of the few I haven't yet read.

Minutes
08-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Reading right now Brisingir, half way through the book =o

championj
08-05-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm now reading Sirio: The Story of My Life and Le Cirque by Sirio Maccioni and Peter Elliot

untuxable
08-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Just finished Siddartha, The Testament, and Brisingr. Now beginnning LOTR: The Two Towers.
Oh, and several Dilbert comic strip compilations, but I don't think those count.

Fullsilverwolf
08-07-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm in the last few pages of the Glass Menagerie. To be honest, I didn't understand it. :?
Though it is pretty good :P

otter
08-11-2009, 08:43 PM
The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu.
The first novel ever! :O
It's really interesting. Genji's pretty fickle though >_>

basher
08-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Downtown Owl by Chuck Klosterman

Masamune
08-14-2009, 06:29 AM
The Swords of Corum by Michael Moorcock. Basically, the first Corum trilogy. After this I plan on reading Dark Moon by David Gemmell.

Trombonus
08-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Well, I just got the national dex in Diamond, so I'm reading the National Pokedex for Diamond and Pearl to find all the new Pokemon. :D

flamepenguin3
08-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Right now I'm reading 1776. I also recently finished John Adams. If you're into history (like I am) both are really good books!

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
08-21-2009, 10:25 PM
more fanfiction

jsatter13
08-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Small Steps, by Louis Sachar.

Its a bit of a spin-off continuation of the book Holes, but its not really all that related to it. If you like Louis Sachar as a writer, this book is worth a good read.

MiniKitty
08-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal by Eric Schlosser. I chose this book for my AP Geography summer reading assignment because it sounded interesting. If you read it then basically you'll never want to touch fast food again. DX

DesertRose
08-22-2009, 03:03 PM
In the middle of The Time Traveler's Wife, which is pretty good so far. I'm want to see the movie but I'm afraid they messed it up. DX

lionheart91
08-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Almost done with Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and after i'll be reading Chronicles of Narnia: The Horse and His Boy.

Marche100
08-28-2009, 08:10 AM
I just finished reading Batman: The Long Halloween, which is a collection of 14 Batman comics in an arc. It was pretty good, but just like every Batman thing, it was just another variation of how Harvey Dent became Two-Face and featured the same old villians like the Joker. But then again, I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

I guess next I'll start reading a real book since I'll need one for school. I don't know what that is yet though. :roll:

iKrys
08-28-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm reading Tricks, new book out by Ellen Hopkins :)

TheFinnGamer
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm reading the current book from Terry Pratchett, but I don't know the english name...

cow
09-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm all out of books to read right now, but the last thing I read was Notes from Underground by Dostoyevsky, and really enjoyed it. His novels have never been a let down. I hated Crime and Punishment at first, but liked it after a re-read a year or so later.

Boo_24_7
09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm reading Rising Sun right now and after that I'm reading Congo.

And hoping to find The Great Train Robbery so I can read that.

DarkSonic
09-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Right now I'm reading "John" by Cynthia Lennon. It's a really good book.
Cynthia writes about what is was like being John's GirlFriend, Wife, and Ex-Wife.
It's a must have for Beatles Fans.

Minutes
09-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm reading a book called the Taggerung made by Brian Jacques~

otter
09-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I need to finish reading 2010 Odyssey Two.
the sequel to 2001, and the prequel to 2061, if it want obvious.

MiniKitty
09-12-2009, 10:04 AM
We're starting Pygmalion in English class. I really wish I had more free time to read books that I actually want to read. I have quite a list forming.

Sonic62
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
The scans in Metroid Prime. _awesome_

CodeZTM
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Serebii.net for HG/SS news. _awesome_

I'm also reading my Business Calculus book. Boy what a fine read it is! It's like we've become inseparable. >.>

Nashzilla
09-15-2009, 08:17 PM
i just finished No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy...a great read, i hadn't seen the movie because i wanted to read the book first. highly recommended.

Kennyan
09-16-2009, 04:44 AM
I just got The Lost Symbol today and will begin reading it within a few hours probably

Halladay32
09-17-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm currently trying to decipher my Molecular Biology notes o_O
The lectures are so frenzied that I have to just jot down words as quickly as possible - the problem with that is that I usually have no clue as to what I have written down x_x And I mean, the terms used in Biology would give the appearance of gibberish even if they were written in the most elegant calligraphy, so this is turning out to be quite the challenge _dead_

In my spare time, I am not reading anything for pleasure. And I probably won't until the last novel in the Demonata series is released :)

AtrumLevitas
09-17-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm currently reading the warning label on a vat of toxic waste _awesome_

Naw, I read that earlier. What I'm reading now is the forums ;)

MiniKitty
09-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Human Geography: People, Place, and Culture.

I have a test in AP Geography tomorrow on the first chapter of this...I better finish it soon.

otter
09-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Literature about the spread of communism in Asia.

Marche100
09-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Just saturday, with my own money, and not for school, for the enjoyment of reading, I picked up a copy of Tom Sawyer for 5 bucks. I know it's generally a book you read in school and most kids just read the books because they have to, but I'm enjoying it. I'm about 12 chapters in, and I have to say, the thing I like most about it is seeing Tom Sawyer's interaction with other kids. He has very different ways of talking to certain people. Anyways...

I also got a copy of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, since I heard a few weeks ago about the series, and remembered that it's supposed to be super good. I haven't been reading it as much as Tom Sawyer, but it's good, although very very fast paced (which I'm not so much into). The action in it is great though, so that sort of makes up for the fast pacing of the plot.

That's all for now...

Masamune
09-24-2009, 10:18 AM
I just started reading Dark Moon by David Gemmell. He does seriously good fantasy, I reccomend him if you're into it. Annoying thing is, this was meant to be a trilogy, but the author died before he could right the other two. T_T

SpeedStrike7
09-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Reading the bottom left hand corner of my tv saying someone just killed me on Call od Duty:MW xD

cow
09-29-2009, 07:03 PM
A memoir called The Orphaned Anything's by Stephen Christian (Anberlin frontman).

Scruff
09-29-2009, 09:43 PM
I finally started reading a book on C# that I got about a year ago, since I can try out C# on Windows and then convert that to Objective-C pretty easily. I also found out recently that my school library has 15 to 20 Full Metal Alchemist manga comics, so I'm going to look at those once the first one comes back. :)

E.VIA
09-30-2009, 09:07 PM
The Odyssey!

-chucks book against the wall-

TheFinnGamer
10-04-2009, 09:40 AM
reading When dogs cry by Markus Zusak

Masamune
10-04-2009, 12:54 PM
I just started The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant; The Unbeliever. It's pretty good, a trilogy omnibus. Awesome so far... _awesome_

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
10-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Hamster training guides

MiniKitty
10-12-2009, 02:09 PM
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I'm just starting it, so I'm not sure how much I'm going to like it. I'm hoping it'll surprise me. ^^

Diana3
10-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Hamster training guides

Like tricks? That's awesome! *wants to see hamsters doing tricks*

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
10-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Hamster training guides

Like tricks? That's awesome! *wants to see hamsters doing tricks*

not exactly. More like as in how to raise them, what to feed them, how to take care of them. And getting them used to you. But I guess the whole walking from hand-to-hand could be considered a trick

StopDropAndBear
10-12-2009, 06:23 PM
The Glass Castle, it's a memoir my uncle recommended. I'm not usually big on non-fiction, but it's interesting so far.

SeriousKano
10-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Fatherland. I'm already half way through.

CodeZTM
10-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I've been reading my economics book. _awesome_

I just finished a chapter over the facisination growth of economic activities as functions of worker output and capital output. =D

Such deep meaning there....

otter
10-14-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm about to start some psychology medical journals. That stuff really interests me.

Marche100
10-16-2009, 06:57 PM
I've begun to read Stephen King's "It". It's not as scary as I thought it would be, just like the movie. I actually find Pennywise the Traveling Clown sort of funny, not scary. It's sorta like reversal. A clown that's supposed to be scary is funny, and one that's supposed to be funny is scary. It's weird.

Masamune
10-29-2009, 11:38 AM
I've taken a break from Thomas Covenant in order to continue with the Corum books, primarily The Bull and the Spear. Very good read, up to the standard of the previous books well enough. I also finally picked up volume 2 of B.Ichi so I can't wait to get stuck into that! :)

GrimsChild
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Calvin & Hobbes.

Might be starting reading anything by Haruki Murakami soon.

Boo_24_7
10-29-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm reading Ishmael _awesome_

Wasurenai
10-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Calvin & Hobbes.

Might be starting reading anything by Haruki Murakami soon.

Haruki Murakami is one of my fav. japanese authors. <33

Current trying to finish reading Albert Einstein's biography. Should have done a long time ago but something always gets in the way.

iKrys
10-31-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm actually reading the second RE book :P The one that goes with RE2 anyways....think it's really the fourth book in the series.

Cracklestar
11-01-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm reading Ender's Shadow at the moment. Fantastic book, just as good as Ender's Game.

pikminsquad2148
11-01-2009, 05:16 PM
[spoiler:1bz18tra]http://library2.risingshadow.net/images/books/17764.jpg[/spoiler:1bz18tra]Best Book Series Ever. PERIOD.

Chirragarn
11-02-2009, 01:00 AM
The Lakota Way. Reading it for college, but it actually is a pretty good book that teaches about some good virtues, honor, humility, respect, etc etc. Also meeting the author on the 4th!

Panda
11-02-2009, 04:31 AM
I should be getting the first three volumes of the comic Empowered in the mail today. Earlier in the year I borrowed the first volume from a friend, and though extremely perverted, it is one of the funniest pieces of written entertainment I have seen yet.

Besides that, I'm currently browsing through various news sites and journal articles to hopefully use in my review paper. Fun stuff.

Marche100
11-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Since I've nothing else to read I'm reading Stormbreaker. :|

Opario
11-03-2009, 01:33 AM
One of the Myst books and Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson.

irishwinger10
11-04-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm about halfway through Brisingr (third book in the eragon series) :D glad i've finally got time to read it

Minutes
11-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Listening to a remix version of the Tetris A theme

DeaPGalaxy
11-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Roll of thunder hear my cry, it's for school. I read it twice last year and am doing it again this year...

Masamune
11-13-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm currently re-reading Last Human, on of the Red Dwarf novels, after reading Red Dwarf and Better Than Life. I'm just waiting to get Book 5 in the Corum series. >__>

GrimsChild
11-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Listening to a remix version of the Tetris A theme

Eh?

Reading Yokohama Kadashi Kikou

caramelslice
11-13-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm reading a Fire Emblem fanfic. It's been a while since I read fanfics. I'm usually picky with them too.

EDIT: I was reading the reviews for one of the fanfics, and I saw that KatTheBard left some reviews too. I was thinking, "Whoa! Awesome coincidence XD"