PDA

View Full Version : [Game]Conkers bad fur day.

arvuti
03-02-2009, 12:08 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/Conkersbfdbox.jpg
Conker bad fur day is one of the last nintendo 64 games and actually one of the prettiest game on the nintendo 64, but it's also almost the only "M for mature" game for nintendo 64. It's developer by rare, who was a popular developer on nintendo systems.

Story: Story is about a squirrel named Conker who gets drunk with with his friends who are heading for a war, after he is drunk, he goes the wrong road and instead of ending up in home he wakes up in middle of nowhere. Meanwhile a panther king is spilling his milk because his milk table has a missing table leg, ze professor concludes that they need a red squirrel to fix the table, so they want conker dear.

The story is really silly and it really doesnt make sense till the conclusion where plot twists come and go. But it's an great story what is also funny.

http://www.postimage.org/aVCHay9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVCHay9)

While the graphics for bad fur day haven't really aged that well, it's still an pretty game. The art is amaizing. And it really pushes nintendo 64 to it's limits. There are a lot of cinematics what both have quality voice acting and quality lip syncing. And conkers and other characters hand aren't squares like in most nintendo 64 games, but actually have fingers, it's not that big change but it's still a nice touch.

Conker bad fur day has 9 unique levels. Few of them are regular platforming, but one chapter (sloprano) is where you will be in a shit world and be fighting a giant poo monster, there will be spooky chapter what is based on van helsing and other zombie movies, there is a "it's war" chapter where it's based strongly from "saving private rayne" and heist what's inspired by "matrix"
Conker bad fur day has a lot of "movie quotes" there are a lot of them so I wont go on detail with them.

The music in conkers bad fur day is also great, there are some cool tunes like "rock solid" or "surf punks". Voice acting is all good but at first it seems that alot of voices are similar, well.
Want to see the voice acting team for bad fur day ?

Chris Seavor ... Conker T. Squirrel / Birdy / Gargoyle / Gregg the Grim Reaper / Counta Conkula 'Batula' Squirrel / Panther King / Beetles / Wayne / Wasps / Mr. King Bee / Franky / Boss / Professor / Ugas / Bugga the Knut / Rock Creatures / Male Villagers / Monk / Squirrel Army / Weasels / Private Rodent / Ron / Reg / Haybot / Boiler / Imps / Jack / Burt / Marvin / Tediz / Mr. Barrel / Baby Fangy / Dragon God / Cash / Carl / Quentin / Buggerlugs The Bull / Guards / Sarge / others (voice)

Louise Ridgeway ... Berri / Mrs. Queen Bee / Sunflower / Jugga / others (voice)

Chris Marlow ... The Great Mighty Poo (voice)

Yes, Chris Seavor voiced almost all the characters ingame, he was also director, art designer, writer and project leader for BFD.
Quite impressive yes.

http://www.postimage.org/aVCKF2J.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVCKF2J)

Gameplay in conkers bad fur day is very "banjo kazooie" and "mario 64 style" you jump around levels. But there are zones called "context sensitive" where conker can take a "one use item", he can take out a slingshot to fire at wasps, knifes to cut down a ropes or wires and so on. It's an neat idea. Conker also includes some third person shooting in chapters "spooky" "it's war" and "heist"

Conkers bad fur day is not for anyone under 17, why ? Because it's full of swearing, (fuck is censored though), there is a lot of gore and also some sexual references(a bee "polinating" a sunflower, a female cog "sucking" male cogs pole" etc). And it also includes a lot of toiler humor.

Conker bad fur day is an great game and must own for everyone who is old enough to play it, and own a nintendo 64.

(if you dont have nintendo 64, you can buy the xbox port what has updated graphics and xbox live multiplayer)

http://www.postimage.org/gx1BpQ3A.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1BpQ3A)

(I didn't include anything about multiplayer, becuase I haven't got a chanche to play it)

Anyways, I am off.

Final score 9/10

MSico
03-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Aren't you 12? :P lol jk

Good review! But just a warning, Conker: Live and Reloaded is a lot more censored than the N64 version (weird, huh?).

arvuti
03-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Aren't you 12? :P lol jk

Good review! But just a warning, Conker: Live and Reloaded is a lot more censored than the N64 version (weird, huh?).

Yeah, I am 12 xD

Also, yes. Conker live and reloaded is more censoredb ecause if it would be less censored, stoers wouldn't sell it(before when BFD was released, it was easier to get away with it)

the1stpkmnfan
03-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I understand if your a gamer for this game, if you like it, and I won't mess with that. Honestly, after I've seen it on YouTube, I was glad I didn't see this game instores when that game came out. I was like about 8-9, maybe, and that would've poisoned my future. Even for today.

If you think it's a good game, then- ok then. Personally, a graphic remake made me think it was even scarier. :o At least it slightlfully reminds me it's made from Rare. Also, the opening of that Nintendo Logo; I felt sorry for it...

zach2m1
03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Lol I remember this game.... ahh good times _awesome_ I remember my mom watching me play this game and she got soo angry with the language XD It was hilarious! Great review! I would never have guessed it was written by a 12 year old XD

the1stpkmnfan
03-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Still, I am shocked to see this game started it all with Rare's rep for Cute and Childish graphics. Nintendo never encouraged this game ever again, until Nintendo Power's Playback of issuve 230. I have it with me, and it's very informative.

I don't think I'll ever actually play this game despite that it'll feel like I'm a back in 2001.

zach2m1
03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
You say cute what about Golden eye and Perfect Dark hmm? :o

03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
i will definatly never ever ever ever play this game...

I hate violence :(

the1stpkmnfan
03-02-2009, 07:41 PM
and don't forget all the Adult stuff...

I can't believe that South Park was involved in developing this game for encouragment and inspiration.

03-02-2009, 08:07 PM
and don't forget all the Adult stuff...

I can't believe that South Park was involved in developing this game for encouragment and inspiration.
yeah that to

the1stpkmnfan
03-02-2009, 08:11 PM
That's really how Rare went down to it's reputation, and I stand by my point. I feel bad that kids saw this game and got their parents ticked about this game. But if matured gamers go for this game, so be it, I'll stay out of it.

03-02-2009, 09:15 PM
obviously the highest rated game i play is SSBB :P so this game will never be an option... After all i am scared of blood that is why i wont be here for the holloween marathon :cry: but i will be in the chat thanks to colloquy :D

Sonic62
03-02-2009, 09:20 PM
What happened to the Conker from Diddy Kong Racing?! :o

the1stpkmnfan
03-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Diddy Kong Racing shows Conker in the game version of the 64, yes. But in the remake for the DS in 2007, no. Apparently, those good games for Conker ended after this game.

Sonic62
03-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Diddy Kong Racing shows Conker in the game version of the 64, yes. But in the remake for the DS in 2007, no. Apparently, those good games for Conker ended after this game.
Yep. I know because I have both DKR games. :lol:

MSico
03-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Um... games are allowed to have adult material when they are clearly emblazoned across the front of the box with "Warning: For Mature Audiences Only". :?

Conker was a really fun innovative platformer, with hilarious cutscenes. But it wasn't made for kids. I'm confused by the responses here. South Park isn't made for kids either.

arvuti
03-02-2009, 11:36 PM
What happened to the Conker from Diddy Kong Racing?! :o

Rare first wanted to make a "kiddy conker game" for nintendo 64 too, called twelve tails. But rare descided to make it a mature game. So conker lost his kiddy look, cute voice and became a drunkard who urinates in public.
Fun.

Is there something wrong with me, when I lold when count batula turned conker into bat and you needed to shit on villagers and then carry them to meat grinder so they end up in gory death and batula drinking all their blood(count batula ends up falling there himself too)

Sonic62
03-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Is there something wrong with me, when I lold when count batula turned conker into bat and you needed to [Sh*t] on villagers and then carry them to meat grinder so they end up in gory death and batula drinking all their blood(count batula ends up falling there himself too)
*Runs off to puke* :o

03-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Is there something wrong with me, when I lold when count batula turned conker into bat and you needed to [Sh*t] on villagers and then carry them to meat grinder so they end up in gory death and batula drinking all their blood(count batula ends up falling there himself too)
*Runs off to puke* :o
*also pukes* :o :?

arvuti
03-03-2009, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMr-8BzY ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMr-8BzYt8Q&feature=related)

If this wouldve been Live and reloaded, then it would be perfect. But no, they censored shit and twat :(

Gwellin
03-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I understand that you are trying to describe the game, but you should begin to censor yourself on this forum as well. Despite the automatic filter you probably noticed being applied to your posts I'd rather not see that language here. Thanks.

arvuti
03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Alright, sorry.

Kilgard
03-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Um... games are allowed to have adult material when they are clearly emblazoned across the front of the box with "Warning: For Mature Audiences Only". :?

Conker was a really fun innovative platformer, with hilarious cutscenes. But it wasn't made for kids. I'm confused by the responses here. South Park isn't made for kids either.

Yes, to everyone whining about kids playing this and being scared for life you have noone to blame but your parents for buying it for you. See the nice bright yellow message at the bottom stating "This game is not for anyone under 17 years of age" or maybe the GIANT tilted ERSB "M". They're there for a reason.

As for this being the start of Rares downfall, that dosn't even makes sense. Clearly GTA4 is killing rockstar right? Rare started going down hill when they lost there partnership with Nintendo, which isn't related to Conker at all.

I hate this kind of toilet humer 95% of the time, but this game was well written, it dosn't it take it's self seriously, Has tight controls, Fun gameplay, and so many random pop culture parodies,

If it's not your type of game that's fine, I'm not buying "Catz" but someone is since I see a new animal with a Z on it's name every other week. What is a decently written review is starting to look like one of thous parent groups who think games are evil but have never played the game, I mean I like you guys, but come on you're starting to sound like the people who are saying pokemon leads to "Illegal animal fights"

-end rant

arvuti
03-04-2009, 12:40 PM

Yes, to everyone whining about kids playing this and being scared for life you have noone to blame but your parents for buying it for you. See the nice bright yellow message at the bottom stating "This game is not for anyone under 17 years of age" or maybe the GIANT tilted ERSB "M". They're there for a reason.

As for this being the start of Rares downfall, that dosn't even makes sense. Clearly GTA4 is killing rockstar right? Rare started going down hill when they lost there partnership with Nintendo, which isn't related to Conker at all.

I hate this kind of toilet humer 95% of the time, but this game was well written, it dosn't it take it's self seriously, Has tight controls, Fun gameplay, and so many random pop culture parodies,

If it's not your type of game that's fine, I'm not buying "Catz" but someone is since I see a new animal with a Z on it's name every other week. What is a decently written review is starting to look like one of thous parent groups who think games are evil but have never played the game, I mean I like you guys, but come on you're starting to sound like the people who are saying pokemon leads to "Illegal animal fights"

-end rant

Yeah, I hate most of the rants, but I have to agree with this one.

zach2m1
03-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Well I played this game when I was about 8-9 but I had the conscious to know not to know to take video games to a reality. I knew that it was wrong to use that language. Since I was around that age I never really got the jokes but I knew not to repeat them. I really enjoyed this game for all the same reasons Kilgard said. Conckers bad fur day was a unique and great game. And I am pretty confused why you said this was Rare's downfall though.

Rare made some great teen rated games and mature rated games. This is the same situation that is going on today with GTA4. Parents are freaking out over the violence even though it has a MATURE rating on the front of the game case. Now if you are wondering why my parents let me played those games because the think that I showed enough maturity to play those games. And to keep the violence and language in the game.

Now the parents should really get of games like this. It has been rated by the ESRB rating and it clearly states what is the recommended age is. Now I am not bashing on you guys I am just stating an opinion just like you, me and Kilgard did. It is just my opinion so don't take it the wrong way.

arvuti
03-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Well I played this game when I was about 8-9 but I had the conscious to know not to know to take video games to a reality. I knew that it was wrong to use that language. Since I was around that age I never really got the jokes but I knew not to repeat them. I really enjoyed this game for all the same reasons Kilgard said. Conckers bad fur day was a unique and great game. And I am pretty confused why you said this was Rare's downfall though.

Rare made some great teen rated games and mature rated games. This is the same situation that is going on today with GTA4. Parents are freaking out over the violence even though it has a MATURE rating on the front of the game case. Now if you are wondering why my parents let me played those games because the think that I showed enough maturity to play those games. And to keep the violence and language in the game.

Now the parents should really get of games like this. It has been rated by the ESRB rating and it clearly states what is the recommended age is. Now I am not bashing on you guys I am just stating an opinion just like you, me and Kilgard did. It is just my opinion so don't take it the wrong way.

Again, I agree.

You just have to be mature enough to handle the game.

Also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ia-nqTV0Hs&fmt=18
While it's more about live and reloaded than bad fur day, it's still a funny video(it's offical video what came with preorders of live and reloaded)it's about conker being lost for 4 years and there is a show about him(celebrety squirrel)

(Includes swearing but it's mostly censored)

SeriousKano
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Conker's Bad Fur Day is a masterpiece. Everything, the graphics (best-looking N64 game by far), the soundtrack (a giant pile of feces singing an opera while fighting you - classic!) and even voice acting, the controls (feels even better than Super Mario 64) and of course the story. I doubt that there is a second game that has a similar history.
Taking a childish-looking game to turn it into a fun-fest of parodies (The Matrix, Saving Pvt. Ryan, Alien, Reservoir Dogs, ... ) was a brave and unseen step by Rare.

There is no reason to be offended or disgusted, it's just a game.

BlackExcalibur
03-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Eh, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a masterpiece. At least to me anyway. Yeah, it did have really good graphics and some cool idea but I'm really not a fan of the style of humor used in this game. I much prefer the tongue in cheek humor used in Banjo-Kazooie than this. Just my opinion.

the1stpkmnfan
03-05-2009, 11:24 PM
I couldn't imagine how unique this game was to the other 64 games by Rare. Then, I felt a little glad that it's revamped for Xbox, since it feels just like a proper Xbox game than a 64 game.

I'd be speechless once this game comes out for the Virtual Console. That'll probably be a big no-no from Nintendo.

Sonic62
03-05-2009, 11:59 PM
If they couldn't have Conker in DKR DS, how will they get this on VC?

the1stpkmnfan
03-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I know, but Im giving it a big guess. But the reason it wouldn't reach the VC because if kids or people under 17 see it in the catelog, theyll probably buy and play with without Parental Guidance.

arvuti
03-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I know, but Im giving it a big guess. But the reason it wouldn't reach the VC because if kids or people under 17 see it in the catelog, theyll probably buy and play with without Parental Guidance.

You are saying that nintendo won't doesn't/wont have any mature games.

http://www.postimage.org/aVUEV_J.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVUEV_J)
(this is from a wii game)

Also, conker will never see his face on wii or any other nintendo console because microsoft now owns rare(thats why they released banjo kazooie on xbox arcade, not virtual console)

the1stpkmnfan, you are starting to sound like jack thompson: VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES WITH SWEARING KILL PEOPLE, I know people who are like 10 years old and play grand theft auto series.

Edit again: Why cant nintendo 64 have a mature game ?

03-06-2009, 09:17 AM

http://www.postimage.org/aVUEV_J.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVUEV_J)

Also, conker will never see his face on wii or any other nintendo console because microsoft now owns rare(thats why they released banjo kazooie on xbox arcade, not virtual console)

the1stpkmnfan, you are starting to sound like jack thompson: VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES WITH SWEARING KILL PEOPLE, I know people who are like 10 years old and play grand theft auto series.

Actually Nintendo doesn't MAKE the mature games and if they are made they don't have the seal of approval.

arvuti
03-06-2009, 09:22 AM

Actually Nintendo doesn't MAKE the mature games and if they are made they don't have the seal of approval.

Oh, I noticed that there is no "seal of quality" on M rated products, ah well.

the1stpkmnfan
03-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Honestly, I have no idea who that Jack guy is. But im guessing he's infamous or whatever. (eh, Ill go to Wikipedia anyways)

But hey, Conker's one of those games that look cute but has "M"ness instored.

Im not trying to jump to conclusions, but Ill be going against my theory since they mostly sound ridiculous.

SnowPin
03-18-2009, 08:18 AM
I remember getting this game with my friend the day it came out xD I though it was the greatest game in the world.

I still love it to this day lol.

TheUserless
03-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Me and my friends would spend hours playing multiplayer this game was just all around fun. when they released conker live and reloaded i got one of those plush dolls with him smoking a cigar and in the army outfit everytime i look at it it makes me laugh.

Bakanekokao
03-18-2009, 12:00 PM
I played that game all the time as a kid, it disgusted me, scared me, and entertained me all at once XD. Though, it did give me a fear of people/things exploding:

I could never watch Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory nor play with balloons ever the same again... @.@

But it was sweet :D... Till my mom walke din on my playing it, took it, and sold it because I wasn't old enough for it *my older brother's game he let me have w/out her knowing* XD.

ChickenLeg
03-19-2009, 05:26 AM
I freaking love this game. I'm borrowing a copy from my brother-in-law (for several years now) and I have to say that all aspects of this game is amazing.

MarioSuperFan
03-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Good review! I accidentally played Conker's Bad Fur Day when I was around 8, because I saw the character I loved from Diddy Kong Racing.

*In Blockbuster*
Me - "Hey Mom! Look, it's Conker! But it's rated M :("
Mom - "That has to be a mistake. Go on and rent it."
Me - :mrgreen:

I didn't get most of the jokes from what I remember and I don't remember much about it... I'm sure I'll pick it up again soon.

ChickenLeg
03-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Cool story.

Really.

arvuti
03-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Good review! I accidentally played Conker's Bad Fur Day when I was around 8, because I saw the character I loved from Diddy Kong Racing.

*In Blockbuster*
Me - "Hey Mom! Look, it's Conker! But it's rated M :("
Mom - "That has to be a mistake. Go on and rent it."
Me - :mrgreen:

I didn't get most of the jokes from what I remember and I don't remember much about it... I'm sure I'll pick it up again soon.

_awesome_