PDA

View Full Version : DragonBall the movie

fettouhi
10-04-2008, 12:30 PM
watch and see the epic fail of a movie.

link is here (http://www.thedragonballmovies.com/2008/10/high-quality-version-of-the-dragonball-movie-teaser-trailer/)

Sonic62
10-04-2008, 12:34 PM
LOL, eww no!

Vaughn Whynot
10-04-2008, 05:57 PM
not one person is Asian in that movie
lol

kmmgreen5
10-04-2008, 08:02 PM
oh god i thought that movie had potential before, idk wat its gonna be like now

dryuriev7777
10-04-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm expecting it to be on par with Resident Evil Apocalypse: So horrible that it's wonderfully funny

zach2m1
10-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Omg me and my friends are gona see just to see how bad it is :P

SilverSon
10-04-2008, 10:47 PM
not one person is Asian in that movie
lol

lol inorit3

looks like crap, definitely not going to see it...

fettouhi
10-05-2008, 03:17 AM
I will not pay to see this crap :D

evilralphwiggum
10-05-2008, 09:09 AM
the scary thing is...i can't tell if it looks better than I imagined...or right on par.
well i have no idea what I thought the movie would be like..
soooo...
hahahaa...I just knew it was a terrible idea...and i've been waiting for the trailer for a while xD...what a dumb movie idea. lol

Ferenc
10-05-2008, 05:07 PM
even if it sucks it's gonna be the BEST THING EVAR!

Ultragamer
10-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Hm... I knew this would turn out to be a horrible idea... but not nearly this horrible.

fettouhi
10-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Hm... I knew this would turn out to be a horrible idea... but not nearly this horrible.

same here

zach2m1
10-08-2008, 05:51 AM
But why make a movie now? Dragonball Z isn't a big thing right now. I would have reccomended like 6 or 7 years maby but why now?

Ultragamer
10-08-2008, 02:44 PM
The series is still pretty big in Japan.

There still making the fighting games for the series, and an online MMO is coming soon as well.

lurock
10-22-2008, 06:10 PM
why is piccolo not green?

fettouhi
10-22-2008, 06:51 PM

why has the story nothing to do with dragonball ?

kmmgreen5
10-22-2008, 09:28 PM
wait wait wait , if i m paying money piccolo better be green

Kurono
10-22-2008, 10:07 PM
They've been taken down. I can't see em. ;_______;

Imma go see if someone else has em before they get taken down.

Mezix
10-23-2008, 09:55 PM

why has the story nothing to do with dragonball ?
Why is Bulma not having blue hair?

Ninboycl
10-23-2008, 11:02 PM
I can answer all of your questions with 1 answer.
Get a better anime!
(I have no right to say that, since I haven't seen DBZ since.... WHAT 9000?)

fettouhi
10-24-2008, 03:45 AM
First of all they should never have made this into a real live movie I think it would have been better to go GCI because they could have done all the things blue hare and that stuff.

second if you gonna start somewhere start at the beginning and that is not dbz but dragonball. the problem is that dbz go so ppopular over in the US that most people think that its the start of dragonball.

Rust
10-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah that's right Fettouhi, it's kinda weird, they showed DBZ here like 2 years before they had any DB on...

And Ninboy.

It is a good anime...although the Majin Buu stuff was a bit.. :roll: and GT :x

fettouhi
10-24-2008, 08:04 AM
well I liked it all I'm gonna get it on DVD/blueray and add it to my collection its a 508 episodes + specials and movies.

Kurono
10-24-2008, 10:03 AM
They could easily do Blue hair on bulma without CGI. My hair used to be blue!

My only real gripe so far since I haven't really seen anything on it is calling it DragonBall when it's clearly DBZ. I mean seriously.

Mezix
10-24-2008, 06:04 PM
First of all they should never have made this into a real live movie I think it would have been better to go GCI because they could have done all the things blue hare and that stuff.

second if you gonna start somewhere start at the beginning and that is not dbz but dragonball. the problem is that dbz go so ppopular over in the US that most people think that its the start of dragonball.
Too be honest, I actually liked DB more than DBZ.

Vengeance
10-26-2008, 06:42 PM
the things that are wrong with this Movie:

1) Piccolo (Obviously)

2) Bulma's hair and booty

3) Emo Goku

4) Asians Everywhere (lol I'm not being racist I'm stating that anyone who isn't Goku, Bulma, or Piccolo are asian)

5) no Krillin/Kuririn

6) lack of Tenshinhan

7) Mai, secondary human villain (from the books/cartoon) becomes a f****** shapeshifter and major villain!? how the hell does that happen? _dead_

kmmgreen5
10-26-2008, 07:09 PM
8. this movie is trying to obtain epic fail
9. the makers probably don't know what dragon ball is

Vengeance
10-26-2008, 08:10 PM
10) Chrisoper Sabat as Shenlong

11) the sequel (if there is one god forbid) will seal anime's fate for me...

kmmgreen5
10-26-2008, 10:43 PM
12. the dvd release 0.0

13. if the movie is geared towards little kids

14. the flood of dbz toys that will come after and during the movie

15. mcdonalds dbz toys

.... the list goes on..... and makes me wanna shoot myself

whitemage730
01-01-2009, 02:28 PM
haha this is gonna be so bad. I promised myself I'd go see it though. I'm probably gonna have fun either way, because it looks like one of those movies that are unintentionally funny. _awesome_
wow. If anything is epic fail it is most definitely this.
(I still can't wait!)

Kurono
01-03-2009, 03:45 PM
I need to forget everything I've ever seen of this movie and go in with no expectations.
That way I won't be disappointed when it's a complete failure.

whitemage730
01-03-2009, 10:56 PM
I need to forget everything I've ever seen of this movie and go in with no expectations.
That way I won't be disappointed when it's a complete failure.

You're a smart man... I wish I could pretend I hadn't ever heard of it... I still MUST see it! Dragon Ball Pride! As much as will probably want to later gouge my eyes out, I have to support the anime I watched as a little one...

the1stpkmnfan
01-27-2009, 04:38 PM
I just saw a preview of this when I saw Hotel For Dogs. And...I became speechless; why does there have to be a movie? I was scarred from the terrible anime series, now it's given a film?! This was how I felt after the logo appeared: _dead_

Ferenc
01-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Well I will go and see this movie but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to think it's the greatest movie ever no mater how terrible it is as I will be blinded by nostalgia.

whitemage730
03-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Less than a month :D
This is going to be SO bad.
I'm going at midnight...
_awesome_

Haruka
03-15-2009, 06:34 AM
This is seemingly not one of the movies with cult fame besides that it's based on a super famous franchise.

..And still I have to watch it, it's worth watching people flying and blasting energy balls from their palms. :D

the1stpkmnfan
03-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Honestly, I dont think Ill be putting me money on it because what if I do go see it, and it's worse than I thought?

Though, those Dragon Balls look epic, and I havent seen them since the original series on CN.

whitemage730
03-15-2009, 09:05 AM
:shock:
Well, were you expecting it to be good? :lol:
I honestly doubt that it will be worth my time at all. I just want to go to show my Dragon Ball Pride!!!
And watch people get blown up by Kame-hame-ha's...
_awesome_

Haruka
03-15-2009, 09:10 AM
The comments on the vid are the comedy _awesome_

"Dude, Zak Snyder does the Watchmen and than the Dragonball Series gets this? It looks like a lameass Jackie Chan movie from 1997. Why is Bulma fighting? Why are there tricked out Dodge Chargers? Why isn’t Piccolo green? and where is his sweet turban?

This will OBVIOUSLY flop, DBZ has been around in America for over a decade now, the only people who will give a sh*t about this movie are the die hard fans who grew up with it and they’ve been given the metaphorical middle finger by Hollywood. This trailer is just downright OFFENSIVE. Little kids won’t even go to see this they are too stuck on Yu Gi OH and kicking my a*s at Halo 3. "

the1stpkmnfan
03-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Mage, the only thing i see interesting in the movie are the Dragon Balls in real life. But I dont feel like going to see it, UNLESS I have nothing to do friday night.

Odolwa
03-17-2009, 02:19 PM
I am watching this movie for sure. Even though it is going to be so bad, i have to see it.

Rakuen
03-17-2009, 04:42 PM
It's like a trainwreck, it's so horrible, but you just can't bring yourself to turn away.

In all seriousness though, people have already decided where they stand. They either love it or hate it, the former will see it to support the movie, the latter will see it to make fun of the movie. Either way, they got your money.

capcommaster1881
03-17-2009, 04:48 PM
uhhh is Uwe Boll directing this or something?! seriously looks that way, i cant express how many lvls of fail this is going to be

ShiKage
03-17-2009, 09:59 PM
I just saw the movie... I don't know how many of you have seen this yet, since it's only out in Asia right now (no, I'm not Asian nor do I live in Asia), but I have to say that this movie was a bit disappointing. I had already held low expectations for this movie, being a huge fan of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, but this movie was disappointingly SHORT. The movie was only 70 minutes long (inclucing the 10 minute credits) and the acting was very corny. The fighting scenes were extremely short and stupid. Some things were completely wrong with the Dragon Ball time line, although some things were held to the true story (was expected). Piccolo was amazingly stupid... They really needed to drag things out a bit longer. They came to the point way too fast and things came together way too fast (sorry if that seemds redundant lol).

I'll leave it at that for now, seeing how it's a bit hard to talk about it without revealing anything to those who want to watch the movie. Overall, I would give the movie 2 out of 5 stars.

Oh, and here's a quote from someone on another forum that replied to my review :

Yeah, I watched it the other night for the lulz.

I know very little about the DBZ world, so I can't sympathize with the fans who are pained over how they butchered the story. But from a strictly movie-goer aspect, it was absolute garbage. The only redemption for me was that it was a short movie (70 minutes if I remember right?).

...I had trouble laughing at how dumb it was even. Everything was rushed, all their attempts at action were terrible and the "romance" was retarded. The only good part was how they basically showed us that the promise of sex can inspire people to accomplish great feats (notice how quickly Goku mastered the Kamehameha once she offered sex as a reward??). Yeah.

Honestly people, don't waste your time unless you're insanely bored like I was. And absolutely do not spend money to see this movie. Pirate the hell out of it, if you must.

AlanEdgeHead
03-18-2009, 01:30 AM
I'm a huge Dragonball fan and I've seen the majority of the movie. And I can say it was "Meh". It's not Street Fighter bad, but it isn't great, either.Chow Yun Fat, while a great actor, is not a good Master Roshi. Justin Chatwin isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Yamcha is spot on and Piccolo is great.

The plot's a little wonky, but so were all the animated Dragonball movies like Path to Power and Mystical Adventure. It's entertaining for what it is. It isn't Oscar worthy or anywhere near that. It's just something to see on a Friday night when you've got nothing better to do.

Despite it being "Meh", I'll still shell out ten bucks to see it when it comes out.

Azuken
03-18-2009, 02:29 AM
I cry every time I see the trailer. I'm really debating on if I want go see it or not.

I want to see it for laughs, but I love my memories, and dont want my child hood ruined.

kmmgreen5
03-18-2009, 07:42 AM
I cry every time I see the trailer. I'm really debating on if I want go see it or not.

I want to see it for laughs, but I love my memories, and dont want my child hood ruined.

well you could go with the intention of making fun of the movie cause you know its gonna be bad,and if its good well there you go _awesome_

Syrup
03-18-2009, 02:56 PM
i saw the full version of the movie and it does so much wrong. Its sad :'(

jolt1030
03-18-2009, 10:02 PM
My thing when it comes to movies like dragon ball is that i dont care if its bad or not i just like watching movies with my friends for fun (i dont judge movies) all movies are equal!!;D! a

megaflyman
03-19-2009, 12:25 PM
It looks like one of thoes movie's that is so bad it's kind of good.

TheUserless
03-19-2009, 05:48 PM
This movie is going to be so bad but yet its going to make so much money.

whitemage730
03-19-2009, 06:32 PM
urgh... all these bad reviews are crushing my spirits... I knew that it's gonna be bad, but I still planned on wasting the 9 bucks. But now everyones saying that the 9 bucks isn't worth it. Not even for the lulz...

Mezix
03-19-2009, 06:54 PM
urgh... all these bad reviews are crushing my spirits... I knew that it's gonna be bad, but I still planned on wasting the 9 bucks. But now everyones saying that the 9 bucks isn't worth it. Not even for the lulz...
Here's another one! :D

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/dragonball-evolution

diddyknux
03-19-2009, 06:54 PM
I knew the movie probably wouldn't be incredible, but when I found out the direction it was taking, I, as anyone would thought _objection_ almost imediatley. Its quite ridiculous, IMO, and though I doubted I'd see it before, now I know I won't.

CaptainKeeeta
03-19-2009, 09:04 PM
I think that they did a cool job on Goku's hair... Sadly, I can't say the same for Piccolo's ears. They give me nightmares. Nevertheless I'm still going to see the movie when it hits up the theaters.

AlanEdgeHead
03-22-2009, 04:11 AM
I recently saw the first of what I think to be many Dragonball trailers from now until it comes out. It was shown during Inuyasha this morning on CN.

Trombonus
03-22-2009, 10:16 AM
I just saw the trailer for the first time and I was speechless...in the bad way.

I swear, the movie industry will not rest until it has destroyed everything that I loved from my childhood.

iHeart_Absol
03-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks to Tromby......my eyes are burning.....

*cries*

Trombonus
03-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks to Tromby......my eyes are burning.....

*cries*
You're welcome. :twisted:

fredy31
03-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Epic Fail Incoming! *preparing to ROFL when I'll see the movie*

I don't know much of the DB and DBZ series but only the trailer show wrong things even for people that don't know much like me.

I've readed some mangas and It seems that nothing in the trailer is with the story of the mangas.

PLEASE HOLLYWOOD! NEXT TIME YOU ADAPT A MANGA FOR CINEMA, PLEASE JUST TAKE THE ORIGINAL STORY AND DON'T EVER TRY TO CREATE A NEW ONE!
Hollywood fail meter on Video Games Series and Mangas is already full... don't try to bust it.

Bakanekokao
03-22-2009, 12:09 PM
I always hoped this movie of infamy would be scrapped; however, my hopes have died...

RobZombie
03-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Ya I think the only way this movie could be good would be if The show was never made then we would not know what to expect and would not be let down after watching it because of how diffrent from the anime it was, but that would mean no DragonBall or DragonBall Z and thats just not a world i want to live in lol

Tanexion
03-23-2009, 02:00 PM
It looks like it's following a Hollywood superhero movie formula. Underdog guy in high school who gets picked on by the popular crowd of guys, then eventually learns that he's destined for greatness and sets out on some epic journey, soon returning with a renewed sense of self-confidence to do something to embarrass the leader of the popular guys in front of the whole school...
Maybe I'm off, but that's what I got from the trailers and tv spots..

Kylethedarkn
03-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Ok I saw an ad on tv that didn't even have anything relating to dragonball z in it. It looked like a generic hero movie and then was like dragonball evolution.

diddyknux
03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Dragon Ball, despite being one of the most famous animes ever, already gets a bit of unfair scrutiny from people who have never actually seen it, but are like, "Oh... must be a nerd thing."

All this movie will do is back false beliefs

killerwombat
03-26-2009, 12:38 AM
They made goku a teenager? In a high school? Is there any relation to the actual series except the dragon balls and the names? No? I must do something about this.
*Grabs 20 pounds of hairgel and yellow hairdye* -
I am ready to fight! _ninja_

TheUserless
03-28-2009, 06:18 AM
I watched this movie last night cause I happened to umm lets say acquired it and when I was done watching it not only was I happy I didnt pay to see it but I wanted they hours of my life back from watching it. There are unlicensed dragonball movies made a few years back that are way better then this movie.

CodeZTM
03-28-2009, 12:22 PM
I haven't seen the film (nor do I believe that I will), but the trailer speaks for itself.

Teenage Goku + Spiky Hair That is Non-Blonde + Teenage Punk Kids With Easy Access to Japanese Swords + Zero Content From Original Series = High Probability for Complete Failure

fredy31
03-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Quote from Eternal Darkness : Sanity's Requiem

THIS CAN'T REALLY BE HAPPENING!

diddyknux
03-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Quote from Eternal Darkness : Sanity's Requiem

THIS CAN'T REALLY BE HAPPENING!

PLEASE let the movie projector have some error for the next hour and a half, even ifits no real! :lol:

Nuclear_Oat
03-30-2009, 07:10 PM

Turtles filed a lawsuit saying that it was racist how they portrayed green people.

fredy31
03-31-2009, 09:48 AM

Turtles filed a lawsuit saying that it was racist how they portrayed green people.
:lol: people got pursued for racism so easily these times.

Nuclear_Oat
04-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Eh Dragonball was a good series I admit, even though i'm not exactly a fan.
But I have to say they screwed up some lines in the dub too far...

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59kYwi5G ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59kYwi5Ga8s&feature=related)
?_?

Shuukei
04-01-2009, 05:42 PM
it comes to theaters on my birthday... lol :lol:
wonder if i should go see it or not

LegendOfCookies
04-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I AM SO WATCHING THIS CRAP

all i have to say is DRAGON BALL EVOLVED INTO A BAD MOVIE :D

AlanEdgeHead
04-05-2009, 10:13 AM
There's already a planned sequel. Fox was pleasantly pleased with the earnings in Asia.

fredy31
04-05-2009, 11:20 AM
My gosh... A sequel to something that I think most of the community called "Epic Failure"?

AlanEdgeHead
04-05-2009, 11:27 AM
It's made 21 million dollars and it hasn't even opened in America yet. That's doing pretty damn well if you ask me.

fredy31
04-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Yep... But the trailers don't show something that looks any good.

zach2m1
04-05-2009, 02:30 PM
I saw this movie being promoted on family channel and I guess they dont know how to say monga >>

SteveThePirate
04-13-2009, 05:05 AM
Me and my mates have been looking for a new movie for a shitty movie night, it's been a while since the last one.