PDA

View Full Version : TSG 24/7 hiatus

TheSpeedGamers
04-28-2011, 01:54 AM
I'm going to preface this post by saying none of what I'm writing about has any effect on our marathons. Everything marathon related will stay the same.

I've had a tough decision to make for the last couple of weeks and today I finally made it. TSG 24/7 will be suspended indefinitely after May 5th. To reiterate, this has no effect on our marathons.

TSG 24/7 started out very well and has grown over 50% since our launch date. When I received our first update for our ad revenue amounts in late February, I was excited by our potential and couldn't wait for March to roll around. March exceeded my expectations. The revenue was great, Ad rates and viewers rose and our Pokemon marathon brought more excitement to our shows. For several weeks after the marathon our viewer amounts stayed at a high level but our revenue did not match that same spike. Of course we knew that over time our viewers would level back out once the marathon hype died down. Even after the expected decline our view totals remain much higher than when we started. When I received the first couple of weeks of April's revenue estimates, I became worried. While the amounts were arguably still livable, I saw just how inconsistent rates could be month to month. At that point I consulted family and they advised me to stick it out and were supportive. If this were a year a go, I would of had no trouble seeing this through since I had no obligations. But as most of you know, I'm engaged and the wedding is the first week of November. Waiting till the fall to see if rates will rise is too risky in my mind. I didn't want to be faced with this decision in September or October when my options will be far more limited. So what I decided was to give myself a 2 week goal and if our revenue did not match it, then I should move on. I received an update and we did not match my goal. If you work in the AD industry or are familiar at all with it, you know that come the 4th quarter ad rates are at their highest. It is very tempting to wait and see what the fall and winter will bring.Rates will be over double what they are now. Once again though, I don't want to risk being in a bad situation come fall.

Thank you to everybody in the community who took part in this experience. I looked forward to everyday and had so much fun. Our viewer base grew over this time and so did my relationships with the all of you guys. An extra special thanks to everyone who hosted their own shows and helped me host TSG 24/7. After the stream goes down at the end of the Metroid marathon on May 9th, we will be 12 days short of 3 months nonstop livecasting..a quarter of a year..crazy.

I want to highlight that this decision does not at all reflect how our show went, the viewer amount totals we received or fun that we had. All of those categories were A++++. In the end it was a tough decision that I wish I didn't have to make.

I've talked to a few of the host's of our shows like Chase, Tyler and Phil and they are considering continuing their shows. We're also thinking about bringing in new daily live shows, just not in the 24/7 format. Of course these probably wont be as formal or even as planned as they were before but I wanted to let it be known that live shows will still exist.

For now, I think we are going ad free for the Metroid marathon. I'm going to consider using pre-rolls again in the future as a way to help pay for server costs and even to raise money for the HQ.

Thanks,
Britt

thewowgamer
04-28-2011, 01:55 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

theberserked
TSG IS DEAD. GO HOME.

See Britt? I told you I'd do that! I just didn't get first! (Grr, darn it wowgamer!)

But seriously, TSG 24/7 was fun while it lasted. Hopefully it will come back one day. Thanks for lots of good times, random songs, nostalgic videos, and... Well, lots of other stuff! :thumbs:

Kennyan
TSG DEAD!!

Baschfire
NOOOOO I"M NOT THE FIRST COMMENT

Wazuki
:( was very fun and i do look forward to the somewhat dailyish shows

mrwumbo
04-28-2011, 01:56 AM
TSG IS DEAD!

Joe Dean
04-28-2011, 01:56 AM
I'll use a phoenix down and save it!

cosomo
04-28-2011, 01:57 AM
I may not have been around long, but I enjoyed it while it lasted. It's a shame to see it end. :C

p.s. A good song to play ;)
[spoiler:2jae2mhm][youtube:2jae2mhm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHooH4464dQ[/youtube:2jae2mhm][/spoiler:2jae2mhm]

Altore
Won't someone please think of the children?!

TheSpeedGamers
LOL I love you guys. People who are not in the chat right now will be WTFing about the comments.

AtrumLevitas
04-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Ah well, it was a good run! It was definitely a great experience for TSG, and I'm mostly sad to see it go. The fraction of me that's sort of relieved will remain secretive for various reasons. This will just make marathons all the more sweeter. Thanks for these couple of great months, guys! <3

kmmgreen5
04-28-2011, 01:58 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- welp as long as we're able to premiere dood i m ok with this

(now we have to go and get real jobs)

EDIT: i love how i post that and then theres like 12 ninja posts before me

Yawnster
04-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Oh man... this makes me sick... and the only cure?

VITAMIN C (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdKqMJ0O88I)

But srsly, it was fun while it lasted. Hopefully it really is just a hiatus.

Baschfire
04-28-2011, 01:59 AM
BUT I WANTED TO BE FIRST NUUUUUUU.

I love you britt

notmman
04-28-2011, 02:00 AM
YAY THINGS ARE GOING BACK TO THE WAY THEY WERE!

What, I'm allowed an opinion.

Alzaire
04-28-2011, 02:01 AM
Well I may not be much of a forum chatter, but I'll still be here and I'll keep an eye on whatever shows might show up and of course the marathons. I'm hoping Kairamek's d&d show might still happen as I was looking forward to that. But regardless, I was here from beginning till end and I'll be here in the shadows beyond with whatever goes on. :)

Baschfire
04-28-2011, 02:02 AM
I think this calls for a community chat with skype, anyone agree?

Tanur
04-28-2011, 02:02 AM
there is only 1 last thing to do, I already got the punch and rat poison.
LET'S DO THIS

thewowgamer
04-28-2011, 02:03 AM
i demand you at least stream your wedding xD

localretard
I foresee mass hipster mentality forthcoming.

TheSpeedGamers
YAY THINGS ARE GOING BACK TO THE WAY THEY WERE!

What, I'm allowed an opinion.

NO, OPINION FOREVER DELETED

Altore
Sad to see it coming to a close, had a lotta laughs the past couple months, but at least some of the shows may still be around and maybe even 1 or 2 new things...

And theres always the marathons still to look forward to.
TSG Forever!

mrwumbo
04-28-2011, 02:04 AM
It was fun while it lasted but yes all good things come to an end. I'll miss it all even teetering on the edge of getting a time out / banned during After Dark hours :( so hurry up and get a sponsor so you can bring 24/7 back... and hurry up

Yawnster
I think this calls for a community chat with skype, anyone agree?So long as you don't constantly scream "I'M CAPTAIN BASCH OF DALMASCA!".

Luigi110
Does that mean local gets to stream his entire life now? I demand live feeds of your new job

Dementrious
Well, you tried it. That takes guts enough as it is. And it takes a big man to decide to end it. Good on ya.

Tanur
04-28-2011, 02:06 AM
I swear to god, I will come back every single day after school just to check on this. I am seriously that dedicated. Or I do not have a life........SHUTUP!!! YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!!!!

notmman
n'aww but seriously it's sad to see this happen.

I enjoyed seeing the chair at night with music that I muted.

Baschfire
I think this calls for a community chat with skype, anyone agree?So long as you don't constantly scream "I'M CAPTAIN BASCH OF DALMASCA!".

Hey hey, I wasn't the one that started that >.< I'll actually try and keep that on the down low xD

Chibi_Roo
04-28-2011, 02:09 AM
You guys should do a live show about segway racing!

PLUMPKIN
04-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the good times, everyone. I think the main reason it was so awesome was because you guys made everyone feel welcome and included. Your warmth, friendliness, and approachability really made me feel like I was part of the TSG family. :)

I'll miss coming home to my daily dose of cute guys (though my boyfriend is still cutest). I suppose I'll have to watch more Tim Lincecum on TV now... *GROUP HUG*

-PLUMPKIN

Dementrious
04-28-2011, 02:11 AM
So, TSG 24/7 will become... TSG occasionally/at some times

localretard
04-28-2011, 02:17 AM
I enjoyed watching people constantly complain that chase was playing starcraft 2...even though he did it every Thursday.

Yawnster
04-28-2011, 02:18 AM

Hey hey, I wasn't the one that started that >.< I'll actually try and keep that on the down low xDWell, now that the 24/7 chat is dead, we're gonna have to get some community skypes going.

Baschfire
04-28-2011, 02:21 AM
Well, now that the 24/7 chat is dead, we're gonna have to get some community skypes going.

Yes we will, possibly someone should make a thread for that perhaps

Rust
04-28-2011, 02:22 AM
ah yes, the hipster is strong with this one

star wars yoda quote, mightn't have heard of it, it's pretty mainstream

localretard
04-28-2011, 02:24 AM
ah yes, the hipster is strong with this one

star wars yoda quote, mightn't have heard of it, it's pretty mainstream
I liked TSG before 24/7. 24/7 was totally their sellout point. You know TSG had a chatroom outside of the IRC for like a day,right? It was pretty obscure, not many people knew about it.

markus
04-28-2011, 02:30 AM
It was fun while it lasted. I'm gonna miss not being able to watch you guys. I bet you though TSG will come up with something better than TSG 24/7, sometimes you just have to wait for the right moment, and/or branch out.

I guess this means I have to go and look for a job... :D

04-28-2011, 02:32 AM
It was fun while it lasted. Now I won't have anything to do after school, but It was awesome! :D

thewowgamer
04-28-2011, 02:33 AM
i will really miss the chair

JaggerG
04-28-2011, 02:34 AM
Britt 2 things, first, glad you had fun having a double-full time job, second I'm gonna miss being hyper distracted by streams every day and getting nothing done.

ck14500
04-28-2011, 02:39 AM
it was worth the run i believe, and you had to make the decision... I believe you made a great one... i think we all had fun and I am sad to see 24/7 go on hiatus, but i think its a great way to find new ways to help with everything.... Now I have to figure out what to do for myself at night... it will feel weird but it was worth it.

Twister468
04-28-2011, 02:55 AM
Well I'm going to miss seeing Britt suck at playing Mario Karts.
I'm also going to miss lurking over the stream and wondering what you guys are up to.
(Although I've been busy lately)
Glad you had fun doing this Britt.
Good times were had.

Heufneutje
04-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Even though it didn't last for too long and even though I didn't catch too much of it due to my hiatus, great job to Britt and all of the other TSG 24/7 hosts. Too bad it didn't work out in the long run...

jdtwins2009
04-28-2011, 04:05 AM
I'm going to go ahead and go optimistic with this.

Absolutely loved the 24/7, but I started noticing the decline in constant viewers as well. After the RetroPokethon we were averaging 200+ people nearly every hour I was on (which varied from most hours of the day)
Down to about 100. I was hoping to see how it was after the Metroid marathon but ah well.

Personally I think 24/7 will come back, in some shape/form. And I'll love it all the same.

As always, looking forward to the future.
JD

now what the heck am I supposed to do with my free time?! T_T

Daskichan
04-28-2011, 07:14 AM
Awww.

Well Britt, it's been a lot of fun and I've really had a great time getting to know everyone better. I hope you had as much fun as the rest of us did. But in the end, we all understand and respect your decision to turn the stream off. :3

BroBuzz
04-28-2011, 07:45 AM
I enjoyed TSG 24/7 a ton, it's sad to see it go. :( But on the bright side, we had good times while it lasted. And we got alot of new awesome members from it.

One thing though. What's going to happen to the TSG 24/7 forums?

kmmgreen5
04-28-2011, 08:11 AM
A lot*

And its probably gonna stay since thisis just a hiatus for now at least on britts part

wee187
04-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Guess we'll see what happens then. :D Either way, TSG is still going to be a lot of fun in the coming months!

Atocha1622
04-28-2011, 08:48 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything but that! Oh, dangit, what NOW??!!!
It is definitely my hope that it will come back again someday.
I enjoyed the time I had, and will continue to do so until it ends...
for now, I point myself towards the future, and watch, and hope.

rudy06
04-28-2011, 08:59 AM
I sincerely enjoyed it. Was most of the content later at night so that I couldn't watch? Mostly. However, the staff vs community interaction was taken to a whole new level which was really nice. We still better do some Mario Kart at some points...once I get off of the school network, I'll be ready to race. =D

And Britt, hopefully after TSG builds up some more, TSG 24/7 will be more of a possibility.

I know we all hope that growth happens as well.

Ice
04-28-2011, 09:05 AM
It helped me through the stressful culminating semester of College this year. Something to always look forward to at the end of a long, strenuous day.

RIP TSG 24/7, You will be missed.

Mplay213
04-28-2011, 09:14 AM
_dead2_ .

Golkarnec
04-28-2011, 09:17 AM
GAHHHH!!!!! WHY DID IT HAVE TO END? AND WHY ON MY YOUNGER SISTER'S BIRTHDAY!?!?! WHY CRUEL WORLD, WHY??? PS: will you still be playing PSO Britt?

RetroCarbon
04-28-2011, 10:11 AM
I had a fun time watching every day, now I know how the first Mass Effect ends! (I only got through half of it)

Thanks for the non stop gaming fun, I tip the hat that I never wear off to TSG!

abyssmalstar
04-28-2011, 10:17 AM
In a way I'm sad to see this go, and in a way I'm relieved that I'll have some free time back. I feel like its the best move for you, Britt, to take in this situation, although you probably could have streamed ads through the night using a script to get more revenue, although I know nothing about that market. I'm hoping that this will come back eventually, when everything settles down, and hope that everyone in the community stays strong. I'm also glad to see how many new community members we've gotten through 24/7.

Maybe now we could get some more support for the TSG Network (?) to get a partnership with youtube (?!??), but that would be difficult. Oh well, Have fun with life none the less, now that we don't get to stalk it all the time.

Oh, and ps, get a good sleep schedule back Britt, you neeeeeeeed it.

MSico
04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
What Dementrious said earlier about it moving from TSG 24/7 to TSG Occasionally... that's the most likely scenario. It wasn't enough to be a full-time paying job for Britt, but it might be good enough to run secondary streams from time to time that people enjoy in order to help pay for server costs, prizes, or even to start putting away moneys for TSG HQ. This isn't the end of all our fun shows. We're gonna have a meeting in a few days to discuss how to move forward. It just won't be as consistent as 6 hours a night every night anymore.

The best part about TSG is it's always changing, and evolving, into whatever we can do that makes it the best iteration of itself. :)

Cosmoid
04-28-2011, 10:34 AM
I know that I would love to continue doing shows for TSG Occasionally. I had a great time doing it and gotta tell you I would miss it a whole lot. Still even if I never did another show. You would continue to seem my news post's and probably a lot more non streaming content.

I had a great time doing this and hanging out in the chat I never really had much interaction with the community just because I have never been very good at Forums. So I made tons of friends in the community and that was great. Here's to high hopes. High in the sky hopes. THAT ANT CAN'T MOVE THAT RUBBER TREE PLANT! Antz. Woody Allen. Sleeper.

Baltes
04-28-2011, 10:37 AM
I definitely feel that the 24/7 brought our core community closer
I think this is a smart decision on our part, on Britts part
Definitely look forward to more shows though

localretard
04-28-2011, 10:44 AM
_dead2_ .

:thumbs:

StopDropAndBear
04-28-2011, 11:21 AM
We got your back, Britt! It was fun while it lasted, and it'll be even more fun to see what TSG does next :D

TheFearowofTime
04-28-2011, 11:23 AM
While I enjoyed the stream, I'm sure TSG will have something even better in store for us in the future :D

Tanexion
04-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Huge thanks to all of the players and show hosts and anyone who kept us company at whatever time during the day, especially Britt.

Chase your SC2 segments were always my favorite :D
ok not really because I'm not a fan of the game, but I completely appreciate all of the times you played for us :P

Diana3
04-28-2011, 12:03 PM
I will miss this like crazy, but I'm glad you're doing what you feel is best for you!

It was fun being able to pop in any time I didn't have anything to do (you know, always) _awesome_ . Maybe we can try again some day!

DNAbro
04-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Awwww, well it's sad to see it go but it was really fun while it lasted. At least quite a few more people have heard of TSG now too. Plus this is a good opportunity to actually make something of the TSG Network on Youtube. That idea just kind of went down the drain. Quite a few of the channels haven't been updated in months.

JasefWisener
04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Well dang. This has been an awesome few months. I definitely understand the reasoning, but it's sad to see this go.

Kairamek
04-28-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm hoping Kairamek's d&d show might still happen as I was looking forward to that.
We're still going to play. I don't know what's going ot happen with it, will it be streamed and on who's account, but we're playing. The most likely thing is that I'l stream it or I'll be given the password to the TSG account. Then I can run ads during the game to help out server costs and whatever.
This could work to our advantage for a DnD game actually. Now we won't have to adhere to other people's schedual. If we run for 3 hours, then we go the planned 3 hours. If we need to go 6 due to story momentum, then we go 6 without interfering in anyone else's day.

i will really miss the chair
Don't, when the mic is turned off he's a real douche.

One thing though. What's going to happen to the TSG 24/7 forums?
I suggest making them the TSG Live forums. A forum focused on the live events that will still likely be streamed from time to time. Days of our Dry, the DnD game, Tyler's "Stare at something with child like wonder as I play a random game," Maybe even Gamin' and Grubbin'.

XGenomaX
04-28-2011, 12:57 PM
At least we'll have some sorta stream coming up every so often, its not like its the End of TSG, its just going to be the way it was before the 24/7 stream, which wasn't so bad in my opinion. I am going to miss the 24/7 stream cause I used to just keep it on my CPU 24/7 in the first place. Going to miss seeing britt be late to show up to entertain us. Hopefully later on the 24/7 stream can come back up some other time when the economy is in a better situation. Was a great run while it lasted but WE STILL GOT THE MARATHONS!

P.S. THE GAME

evandeck
04-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Does this mean that TSG 24/7 will never come back or just a break?

BuizelBro
04-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Britt's engaged? 0.o *had no idea*

Shadow_Aura_Knight
04-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Welp. Super sad to see this disappearing, even for a little while if everything starts to go uphill. 24/7 definitely brought me back into the community (instead of my erratic once in a great while marathon viewings), and even made me register a JTV account, and I thank it for it. I've had a lot of fun, made some memories, and enjoyed screaming at Britt for playing games wrong (jk :P ).

If people do make some cool group chats, enjoy. I think I'll be headed back into lurker mode around these parts, save for if a TSG Occasionally show comes together and gets put up. And one show if that happens had better be just Tyler sitting in a room playing Morrowind/Minecraft/Chao Garden for 15 hours. It would have a billion viewers. Half of them me 8-)

Kelranox
04-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Oh well, I'll survive. Looking forward to the marathon.

BroBuzz
04-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Britt's engaged? 0.o *had no idea*
y u no know?
http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12358&start=0

topbunkdd89
04-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Awww nooooo this is so sad :( it was so much fun while it lasted. Would you be able to keep the chat up all the time or will it be like summer of zelda style. But i understand your decision britt and hope for you to have a great wedding :)

torimori
04-28-2011, 02:00 PM
I have to admit: We saw it coming. Deep down, we all knew something of this sort would happen. But hey, at least it isn't a full on cancel. We look forward to your return, Britt and the rest of the TSG crew!

pkGamerB
04-28-2011, 02:19 PM
I can't say much that hasn't already been said, so I'll just say it's been a fun ride, and I'm glad we at least gave it a shot. Your reasons for choosing to end this now rather than later are completely understandable though.

I do have a couple of questions/suggestions as far as the content that will still be going on though. First, would it at least be possible to have a "Summer of Zelda" type of event from time to time? And also, have you considered maybe adding a few more regular shows from trusted community members? It obviously won't completely take the place of having a 24/7 show, but it'll at least help reduce some of the downtime.

StopDropAndBear
04-28-2011, 02:26 PM
More shows would be neat but the thing is, anything going up on the stream still requires someone in the room to put it up and take it down, as well as to be on hand in the event of any technical difficulties...in the end, it just seems to me that Britt would still have to put in the same amount of time in maintaining the stream.

I do still like the idea of a running ticker or widget or something that lists in real-time when community members are streaming though, that way there will always be something up to direct people to neat things from the TSG people they can watch :)

pkGamerB
04-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Would it be at all possible to embed a stream specifically for 3rd party broadcasters? As in, setting up a joint account that only the broadcasters are given the password to. The people with access to this account would only be Britt, staff, and the designated broadcasters selected by the staff, so it wouldn't be just anybody going up on the stream as they please. However, I'm not sure how that would work out with the partnership, since it would require a second account.

Cosmoid
04-28-2011, 02:41 PM
I was under the impression from Britt last night. That he was going to allow 3rd party broadcasting to the account. Not the stream in a stream stuff that had been going on. I dunno it's just something he said last night but it would make it much easier to deal with

Pantaro
04-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Meh, I barely watched it anymore.

Wait a minute...

THIS MEANS NO MORE MINECRAFT MONDAY!
[youtube:208yx2o6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/youtube:208yx2o6]

But I'm in total support of "Summer of Zelda 2: Electric Boogaloo" even if the series isn't Zelda because there's a marathon of it coming up later this year.

localretard
04-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Meh, I barely watched it anymore.

Hey Britt, I think we found the cause of the inconsistencies over here.

markus
04-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Well they could hold a weekly/monthly community stream and/or and weekend stream (if they are up to it) but still having a schedule. This way the community would be more eager perhaps to watch and even enjoy themselves as it isn't on every single day. Plus they have an idea what will happen. Kinda like Graham Norton show where he has a show lined up for once a week, and then tells the audience what to look forward to next week.

the1stpkmnfan
04-28-2011, 04:14 PM
As much as it's saddening to see 24/7 going down for now, it's definitely been a blast. This was a great step forward, especially for how big the place has grown since this launched in February. Like a few have said already, TSG got a lot of experience, and the community really bloomed out with the daily events.

Part of me will miss the always live stream, but that doesn't mean it's the end at all. I'm more psyched about the awesome marathons coming our way, and along the lines of occasional events, too. I'm really stoked about what will come next for us, and it'll be even greater.

And besides, we have the one more week till break time. So let's all make it great. :D

TheIcyVolcano
04-28-2011, 04:37 PM
It was so awesome, but all good thing must come to an end. It really made me feel like a part of the community. I'm really looking forward to occasional shows though, maybe now I'll do my homework. Hopefully something happens with a 24/7 chat.

thewowgamer
04-28-2011, 04:49 PM
holy hot topic batman! does this mean we won't be getting the new forum software?

ck14500
04-28-2011, 04:54 PM
holy hot topic batman! does this mean we won't be getting the new forum software?

*smacks wowgamer* :fail:

Please stay on topic...

I'm sure they have something planned out in the near future,

just enjoy what is being shown now and just have fun with it.

LegendOfCookies
04-28-2011, 05:09 PM
I understand your concern about this and I respect your decision I only hope for the best for you Britt and I know you'll steer TSG in the correct direction while keeping your life on track.

Mplay213
04-28-2011, 05:58 PM
On the bright side, Britt can now tell people his job was playing video games for a couple months.
Which is pretty awesome.

Kairamek
04-28-2011, 06:04 PM
On the bright side, Britt can now tell people his job was playing video games for a couple months.
Which is pretty awesome.
That could make an interesting interview question.

What was your last job? Hosting a constant, video game themed stream to grow a community geared toward supporting charity fundraiser events.

Why do you want to change jobs? Because the ad revenue paid just enough to support myself, but I am getting married. It's not enough to support a family.

See, then you look like a good person (charity) but also a responsible person (changing jobs to support family). Just don't flounder and you'll knock it out of the park.

thewowgamer
04-28-2011, 08:42 PM
perhaps tsg should move away from daily stuff maybe cut back to even a weekend thing, or 3 days a week something like that, lets keep the ideas flowing to recreate something like 24/7 thats not as demanding or tiring or even repetetive.

^ yes i know my first productive post on this topic xD

Pantaro
04-28-2011, 08:47 PM
perhaps tsg should move away from daily stuff maybe cut back to even a weekend thing, or 3 days a week something like that, lets keep the ideas flowing to recreate something like 24/7 thats not as demanding or tiring or even repetetive.

^ yes i know my first productive post on this topic xD
Yeah, something weekly.
Like Fangamer's OfficeCam.
[spoiler=Example:2scn9ksw][youtube:2scn9ksw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-M_1OcVtwg[/youtube:2scn9ksw][/spoiler:2scn9ksw]

Nitram
04-28-2011, 09:03 PM
So, if I'm understanding this correctly...
The stream will no longer air 24/7, but there's a potential for there to be something shown everyday, just not a 24/7 shot of chair?
I'd be okay with that.

someone70
04-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Well, at least this will encourage me to go back to watching community streams again. x3

ArtenXevious
04-29-2011, 12:43 AM
;~;~;~;~;
No amount of semi-colon tilde sadfaces can show how I feel about the news.

We can move past this though, as a community. I'm liking Bear's idea of a news ticker for community streams or something of the sort, or perhaps a link on the main page to a schedule of sorts?
Regarding the community streams ticker, if you've seen the Live Streams section over at SDA I think something akin to that would be nice (admittedly for those of our community who are known to stream regularly at certain times).

And I'd still love to see some TSG Live Streams from time to time. Maybe have an APB go out over Facebook or something to anyone who Likes the TSG page thirty minutes prior to any scheduled TSG Streams?

If you don't mind, I have, like, twelve different Final Fantasy games to play now.

tl;dr
;~;

Kairamek
04-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Speaking of that news ticket idea... Chase, when are we moving on that NDA Beta stuff? Might be a good time to talk about some of it. You know which part.

Ashigaru
04-30-2011, 10:56 AM
What a pity...now what will amuse me during my days in cubicle paradise?

Kvwatkins
04-30-2011, 10:07 PM
I think it sucks to see it go, I'll be the first to admit I wasn't a constant watcher but I enjoyed tuning in and seeing some of the things that were going on.

I think maybe the expectation of making a living off of this might have been unreasonable for the time and the amount of experience had actually doing something like this. Even though TSG is supported by some big names during the marathons as a community, we are a fairly small group of dedicated people. And if I had to guess I'd say the majority of the revenue came from these people (aside from the short time after the marathon).

However I think TSG 24/7 was an absolute success on every level to the community, it provided the community with constant entertainment, interaction with the staff, and something between marathons. Unfortunately it didn't provide a stable living for you, and that really sucks.

If anything I hope it was a good learning experience and I also hope that maybe future supplements of income (IE. TSG memberships or what ever) with something like TSG 24/7 can provide a living because I think something on the lines of TSG 24/7 is necessary for the community to grow larger and have TSG grow as well. And maybe with time and refinement TSG 24/7 can happen again.

Kairamek
04-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Not to mention we formed guilds in many online games. Now playing together is easier.

topbunkdd89
05-01-2011, 12:42 AM
^ very true i have got a lot of other peoples friends codes/steam ids/psn usernames and have had a blast playing with everyone and wish to still do the same

Qmiser
05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Well, this was kind of shocking to come home to! I will admit, I'm disappointed that the stream will be going down, but I am okay with it. Even though I wasn't a frequent watcher, it was definitely something I looked forward to every time I came home to something I was interested in watching. As always, I trust in the staff to make decisions that are in the best interest of the community or that are necessary due to extraordinary circumstances and will continue to support TSG as much as possible.

Besides, I'm going to be gone all summer anyway, so I won't be missing much except the Star Wars marathon now. Always look on the bright side of things ^_^

knux
05-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Yea... Wow, I get things coming up but I do think you're missing out on something that could be great, not only revenuewise but also for the charities during the marathons. I've been a viewer since the first Mario marathon, I never got into the community because of time restraints, but I'd come, watch for a bit, drop a few dollars and move on. Over time, I started to miss marathons, I would promote them still on Twitter, Facebook and even in person, but I'd still manage to forget sometimes from not being involved, not having that constant reminder that a marathon was coming. Coming to the website was a, 'once-in-a-while' ordeal, not an every day or every few days type ritual. Since the start of TSG 24/7, I have shown up to watch and enjoy all of the games, shows and commentary that came with it. Hell, even having Britt or Chase on cam for 2 hours just talking was more than nothing... I actually started listening on my cell phone, streaming it while I would go on my walks or leaving it to be ambiance as I slept. So, honestly, I get not wanting to take the risk man, but you changed what TSG stands-for, you made it that community that you wanted to make it and the video stream hit an entirely new audience such as myself. If you're still up in the air at all, look for more hosts, try to make it possible to keep the shows as regular as possible. Nothing extreme, but keep the dream alive man. ^^

Concept
05-04-2011, 07:07 AM
I go for 3 weeks and come back to see this? My shrine to the great chair has been destroyed.

Understandable, well roll on the Metroid Marathon.

Celebeast
05-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Well Britt it was an ambitious idea and I'm saddened that it didn't turn out to be profitable enough to support you and a staff. I hope you have learned something practical about how you could make a living out of this amazing charitable venture. I know that when the HQ (or any other developmets you come up with in the meantime) happens you'll have a great deal of support from us (no matter how far away we may be)

I have to say though, on a personal note, I've not really got anything to lament. I always missed the best stuff because the live streams were on in the middle of the night where I live, meaning I hardly ever watched it live. The replays were good I suppose, but it really isn't the same as being there in the chat or participating in the gaming with you guys.

Anyway, as Concept said, roll on Metriod!

yugilogan
05-06-2011, 04:54 PM
TSG will NEVER be dead!!!

Sangome
05-07-2011, 10:59 AM
I just now found out about this via the Metroid marathon and am incredibly sad, but I understand the reasons why. Although I wasn't always around, it was a lot of fun when I did come and I'm sad to see it go. Hopefully we can see it again in some form or fashion down the line in the future.

Shad
05-07-2011, 11:01 AM
As long as their's a stream in the evening now and then, I'll be happy.

mac8936
05-08-2011, 02:37 AM
:C well this makes me sad, but not gunna lie i kinda saw it coming. oh well it was awesome while it lasted. now back to watching the metroid marathon :D

2fast4you
05-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Other then the fact of less money for you, I think this could actually help TSG out with the network. You guys could attempt to open up the network of the channels on youtube (FPS/StarCraft ect.) to the community(provided you approve) and possibly get more views overall. As for you, it does lower stress levels I'm sure, but money is money, get it however, right?

xChaosSaberx
05-11-2011, 06:27 PM
That sucks D: Oh well as everyone else is saying...TSG IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No..Um It was fun while it lasted hope it comes back! We still have the fourms :) So that's great!

thewowgamer
05-12-2011, 01:20 AM
i have a new idea, TSG (24/7)^2 (squared)... ok even i think my idea is silly :(

topbunkdd89
05-14-2011, 09:22 PM
i hope you all know the chats still up you can get to it by going onto the channel @ justintv.com

koolkoollo
05-16-2011, 08:15 PM
OMG This was my life TSG 24/7 was the only think i looked forward to in the week. All the people talking in chats while watching gamers..... sigh just when things were goin great. I guess all great things end TSG 24/7 was fun while it lasted. I LUV U GUYS CHASE BRITT TYLER (My man made me laugh lol) PHIL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY CHAIR T-T......

Nintentoad
05-28-2011, 06:22 PM
So it will or wont resume after the wedding?

Kairamek
05-28-2011, 06:42 PM
As of yet, won't. The question is not a matter of time for planning the wedding. It's about making enough money to take care of his family.

JakeSH97
05-29-2011, 01:43 PM
is Minecraft Monday sticking around? I DONT WANT IT TO LEAVE
:(

Kairamek
05-29-2011, 02:24 PM
is Minecraft Monday sticking around? I DONT WANT IT TO LEAVE
:(
I second that. In fact I hope britt gets a job fast so he can get the TSG Occationally going. Right now the DnD game is about the only thing on the schedule (though it looks like Youtube stuff is starting up again). I'm not counting Chases starcraft cause its on his channel, but that is fun too.

Sonic62
05-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Think there might be stream(s) for the E3 press conferences?
It was lots of fun during a marathon last year. Just a thought.

Pantaro
05-30-2011, 03:13 PM
So, what are we doing for this Minecraft Monday? (in denial)

That1guyusee
06-03-2011, 10:24 AM
So no new news for when you might come back, and if you don't ever come back without saying I will sue for false information cuz you said you would :P jk but seriously