PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

Brineboy
03-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Well Ive finally decided to do a review and what better then start with Mario and Luigi.

http://mybooemu.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/marioandluigisuperstarsagagbacoverartus.jpg

Story: (Taken from instruction booklet)
Peach's lovely voice has been stolen by and evil witch named Cackletta! Upon hearing the news, Mario calls upon his brother, Luigi, and his old rival Bowser. Backed up by Bowser's army, the trio embark on an epic journey across the border of the Mushroom Kingdom to the land known as the Beanbean Kingdom...
So without spoiling too much the story in this game is amazing from begining to end it is sure to keep your interest while playing it and is also full of humorous content too.
10/10

Gameplay: This is a RPG that takes battles in a whole new direction. The battles are turn based and each character is assigned a button Ex: Mario=A, Luigi=B so when their turn in battle comes you use the corresponding button and you also use the button to dodge the attacks of the enemy. Along with the battles you will gain different abilities throughout the game and they will help you get to more areas and get passed different obstickles.
10/10

Graphics: It is a very bright and colorful game and the scenery and characters look amazing in it.
9/10

Sound: The musical score in this game is excellent it fits the area that you are in and blends in very smoothly with the mood of the game.
9/10

Difficulty/Length: This game has maybe an average length in it lasting somewhere around 12 hours if its your first playthrough. It is a fairly easy game for those filmiliar with the gameplay and for first timers its an average difficulty.
17/20

Overall 55/60
Buy/Rent/Forget about:
BUY BUY BUY it a great game and is perfect for you if you like RPG's, Mario, or just video games in general

zach2m1
03-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Great review Brine! I couldn't agree more! This game was awesome!

Kilgard
03-09-2009, 11:47 AM
This is another game I didn't get the chance to play, I've only heard good things about it and hopefully I'll have money to start buying games again soon.

Brineboy
03-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Shame on you kilgard everyone should play this game.
and thanks for the coment guys. :)

zach2m1
03-09-2009, 02:11 PM
The funny thing is that this is one of the simpler RPGs. My 7 year old cousin beat this game with a bit of trouble tho but this game is pretty much for all ages!

BlackExcalibur
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Oh yes, this game is awesome. If you haven't played it , play it now. Great review, Brineboy!

HaHaBoom92
03-09-2009, 09:25 PM
This is my favorite GBA game by far. Excellent review Brine my boy, this game deserves all the praise in the world!

Syrup
03-10-2009, 06:20 PM
OMG HAHABOOM ITS BEEN SO LONG!

bobo_dude16
03-10-2009, 08:21 PM
i am about to start replaying this game i love it!

nice review!

TheUserless
03-16-2009, 09:56 AM
I really enjoyed this game i lost it before i got a chance to replay it and im still waiting to play Partners in Time