PDA

View Full Version : CommunityStreamMONTH (DONE THANK YOU ALL! <3)

Pages : [1] 2

Daskichan
05-07-2011, 07:46 PM
[center:10gdkbiv]Hello everyone~[/center:10gdkbiv]

So today I was thinking and reminiscing about community streams (something somewhere along the line today reminded me of it). And I thought, ya know? The last community stream month was fantastic. :3
So let's do it again.

-------

[center:10gdkbiv]This will take place during the month of January 2012[/center:10gdkbiv]

[center:10gdkbiv]How This Will Work[/center:10gdkbiv]
Each community member may have 1 or 2 days in the specified month, of their choosing (unless it's already filled), to broadcast whatever they'd like (the only exceptions are games with the Adults Only rating).
---[/*:m:10gdkbiv]
Each member will have from 5pm to 1am CST to stream.
You may use all of the time or only part of the time given (if you stream for just an hour, that is acceptable). If you're not going to start at 5pm CST, please make note.
Pairing with another member or grouping with several members is acceptable.
As per Britt's approval, we will be using the live.thespeedgamers page for this!
You may use your Ustream or JTV page for streaming. It does not matter. [/*:m:10gdkbiv]

[center:10gdkbiv]Sign-Up Lists[/center:10gdkbiv]
This list will be as a first come, first serve basis. For this main list you have until December 21st to post which day you would like, what times you'd like to stream, your link to your Ustream or JTV page, and if you will be using your own OP team or ours.

You may only choose ONE DAY (I have two because, again, I'm running this) and your times must be within 5p - 1a CST.

If you missed a date you'd like to sign up for this time around, just check around in the thread once in a while, there are six months between now and the final deadline, things are bound to change!

[spoiler:10gdkbiv]Sunday, January 1st :: Daskichan :: 7p 9p :: http://www.justin.tv/daskichan
Monday, January 2nd :: NYVideoGamefreak :: http://www.justin.tv/nyvideogamefreak
Tuesday, January 3rd :: Iwasalongtimeago :: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iwasalongtimeago
Wednesday, January 4th :: JasefWiesner :: 6p - 10/11p :: http://www.twitch.tv/jasefwisener
Thursday, January 5th :: JakeSH97 ::
Friday, January 6th :: GiraffesAreDope ::
Saturday, January 7th :: Shadow_Aura_Knight ::

Sunday, January 8th :: the1stpkmnfan :: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brawlers-and-gamers
Monday, January 9th :: Caspin :: 5p - 1a :: http://www.twitch.tv/caspin
Tuesday, January 10th :: Crysagee :: http://www.twitch.tv/crysagee
Wednesday, January 11th :: shinra114
Thursday, January 12th :: jefferlope :: http://www.twitch.tv/jefferlope
Friday, January 13th :: vakamajordan ::
Saturday, January 14th :: someone70 :: 5p - ::

Sunday, January 15th :: Metalman27 ::
Monday, January 16th :: StarryNovaSaiyan :: 5p - 11:30p (with one break) :: http://www.twitch.tv/starrynovasaiyan
Tuesday, January 17th :: PKGamerB :: http://www.twitch.tv/pkgamerb
Wednesday, January 18th :: Blackout ::
Thursday, January 19th :: BroBuzz :: http://www.twitch.tv/brobuzz
Friday, January 20th :: Iron Punkle :: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/punkle-s-streaming
Saturday, January 21st :: cosomo :: http://www.justin.tv/cosomo

Sunday, January 22nd :: Nickyv917 ::
Monday, January 23rd :: NYVideoGamefreak :: http://www.justin.tv/nyvideogamefreak
Tuesday, January 24th :: notm :: http://j-tv.me/vcdlrS
Wednesday, January 25th :: jakepeter :: http://www.justin.tv/jakepeter11
Thursday, January 26th :: Ruju
Friday, January 27th :: Marche100 :: 5p - 11p ::
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/marche100-plays-games
Saturday, January 28th :: SpectacleG :: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/spectacleg

Sunday, January 29th :: Megakidicarus :: 5p - 8p :: http://www.justin.tv/megakidicarus/
Monday, January 30th :: Projektf ::
Tuesday, January 31st :: Daskichan :: 5p 7p :: http://www.justin.tv/daskichan[/spoiler:10gdkbiv]

[center:10gdkbiv]OP / Moderation Staff[/center:10gdkbiv]
After careful consideration and discussion with my advising team, below are the ten members that will be on the staff for this marathon.

[spoiler:10gdkbiv]Crysagee
nickyv917
cosomo
the1stpkmnfan
thewowgamer
Heufneutje
Luigi110
Ruju
BroBuzz
abyssmalstar[/spoiler:10gdkbiv]

Thank you to all that have applied!

TheFearowofTime
05-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Def sign me up :D sounds like fun and a good way to become a bigger part of the community
Are you interested in doing this? Yes
Which month should we go with? (If not Jan2012 or Feb2012, when else?) I like January
Are the times fair? yea, gotta be conscious of school
Should we do this for the TSG HQ or another charity? The HQ unless another horrible disaster happens
Which questions do you believe should be on the application?
games, what day, how long..if I think of anymore Ill edit this post

theberserked
05-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Hmmm.... Do you read my mind Daski? :shock:

I was just thinking about this earlier this week. I remember how much fun the community stream month was. And then you bring this topic...

I'm not sure if I should sign up or not though. I did get a day last time, and I feel like I should give other community members a chance this time. So unless I change my mind, have fun streaming guys! :thumbs:

someone70
05-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I'd love to join as well. It might not be as big as the last community stream month, but it still gives those that are shy about streaming a chance to do so.

MegaKidicarus
05-08-2011, 04:49 AM
i would love to play on a saturday

Daskichan
05-08-2011, 08:37 AM
@someone70:: Yeah, that's kind of why I wanted to do this. I know there are probably some fantastic gamers and people out there that don't get a lot of views on their streams. But it can only be big if you all help to make it big. : ]

@berserked :: I'm a woman so, reading minds is my job >:3
I think you should sign up. : 3
January has 31 days so you're more than likely to get a day or we're going to need people to cover days.

Nijntjes
05-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Do like! The last community stream month was all kinds of awesome. I'd be interested in helping out. Also, I have no idea if TSG HQ or another charity would be best. D:

abyssmalstar
05-08-2011, 09:09 AM
ZOMG DO WANT

I'll try to help out as much as I can be it oppin or streamin a day or somethin liek that!

TheFearowofTime
05-08-2011, 09:56 AM
We need a signup sheet ^^

Daskichan
05-08-2011, 10:33 AM

I wasn't going to put a sign-up sheet until June 1st, because if not enough people are interested or the month isn't good, then I can just destroy the thread with no consequences. :3

ZaphodOfTantalus
05-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Wow, I'm new to this place so I wasn't around the last time this happened, but it does sound really awesome! I'm in! :)

TheFearowofTime
05-08-2011, 12:49 PM

I wasn't going to put a sign-up sheet until June 1st, because if not enough people are interested or the month isn't good, then I can just destroy the thread with no consequences. :3
Ahh ok well Im def in!

the1stpkmnfan
05-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Heck ya I'm in! This is fantastic daski, and I hope you're up for the challenge too. This ought to be a great experience as well.

One thing though, are we gonna do this for fun? Or shall we help support TSG with it on the way?

TheFearowofTime
05-08-2011, 03:12 PM
we should definably do it supporting somethng, maybe we could come up with a few Ideas and hold a vote?

Daskichan
05-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Fokerpaaan: Ideally, just for fun.
But I feel like if we're going to do this for an entire month, it should go to something.

Maybe at least have the TSGHQ Chipin or another charity's chipin on the page while everything is going on and if you feel so inclined to help, you should?

I am SO up for the challenge. I can organize stuff like a pro.

--EDIT::

Fearow-- Exactly. That is entirely possible! I can have polls so we'll have to see :3

Crysagee
05-08-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm very interested in this, and the planning so far is looking really good! I'd like to help as much as possible to so if you need anything please feel free to ask : D!

As for the timing I think that January 2012 is a good month, Its right after Christmas so everyone should be relaxed, and not be to busy and would be able to attend and help! And the times are great to cause its not during school or work. I agree that we should try and help a charity or the HQ!

This is looking great Daski! (:

Daskichan
05-08-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm very interested in this, and the planning so far is looking really good! I'd like to help as much as possible to so if you need anything please feel free to ask : D!

As for the timing I think that January 2012 is a good month, Its right after Christmas so everyone should be relaxed, and not be to busy and would be able to attend and help! And the times are great to cause its not during school or work. I agree that we should try and help a charity or the HQ!

This is looking great Daski! (:

Aw thanks Crysa! : D
It means a lot to me to hear that :3
Glad to hear you're interested! I'll let you know if there's anything you can do to help. :]

TheFearowofTime
05-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm excited for this x]

someone70
05-08-2011, 08:09 PM
I believe the TSG HG ChipIn ends this summer, so the marathon will more than likely be for charity.

Daskichan
05-09-2011, 12:15 AM
I believe the TSG HG ChipIn ends this summer, so the marathon will more than likely be for charity.

It does? Ah! Thank you for updating me on that. :3
Well then, I guess it's hightime we pick a charity. I'll update the main post.

Lemme know which ones you all are thinking.

notmman
05-09-2011, 02:51 AM
There's no bias in picking me as an OP now is there :P ?

Nah, I like the sound of this and hopefully I will get myself a day to stream (that is if people wish to see a Notm stream...)

Heufneutje
05-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Really love the idea since last year's community month was awesome. I have one question though. Why would we need an OP team for the entire month? Last time everyone had their own OPs and that worked out pretty well. Of course we could still have a team for the people who don't have usual OPs.

the1stpkmnfan
05-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Yeah, this also gave a chance for many other members to operate the chat. Although some people got to OP more than once because of the streamer's choice. :P That was because Britt and Local embedded the stream and chat from each member's UStream account. A single chat and stream for this event can work, so I can see where Daski may be going with this. Choosing a variety of ops each day for a single chat might be some tedious work. Along with changing codes of the individual streams.

TheFearowofTime
05-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Yea I think a single group would be better than each streamer having their own, just because it would be more efficient.

Daskichan
05-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Almost exactly what Fokerpan said. I don't personally have the knowledge to individually change the layout of everything, fix the chat OPs per user's specifications, per day. Plus it adds a HUGE amount of work to my personal workload to do that. Also, to be frank, there will be days I won't be able to come and watch the stream due to my job so I wouldn't be able to change it beforehand.

And I'd like the OPs to be, well, the best the community has to offer. That way there is no huge drama over who got picked if the whole process is fair. With the application and a single team, everyone gets the same chance of becoming one, including those that are already TSG Chat OPs. Because you never know, there could be some dedicated people that are just right for the job but haven't been OP'd in a stream before.

What I CAN do though to somewhat make sure each person gets at least one OP from their usual channel is to have them tell me which member from their personal OP teams, they feel is the "best" (most focused on job, physically there, etc etc..), and possibly add them to the OP team as a whole.

Because a huge thing like this will need a lot of OPs (simply to make sure all of the days are covered with at least two or three OPs). I have a whole schedule planned out for that to deal with that.

Also, having a team that I can get into contact with easily, will essentially make the whole thing run a lot smoother and I can coordinate things better if I am at least a little in control of the team.

05-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Another idea could potentially have week A ops, Week B ops, Week C ops, and Week D ops. This would split up the responsibility, and not bog them down. Each broadcaster would have a choice of 2-4 ops for that week, meaning there would be 14 ops, the tsg ops if they choose, and the ops that you choose. Also, be sure to ask that person before oping them. Just a thought.

TheFearowofTime
05-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Another idea could potentially have week A ops, Week B ops, Week C ops, and Week D ops. This would split up the responsibility, and not bog them down. Each broadcaster would have a choice of 2-4 ops for that week, meaning there would be 14 ops, the tsg ops if they choose, and the ops that you choose. Also, be sure to ask that person before oping them. Just a thought.
Brilliant Idea

Daskichan
05-09-2011, 12:44 PM

Well the week thing was actually along the lines of what I wanted to do for this. Thank you for your suggestion in more of how to go about it. :]

But yeah, the application lets me know who I am able to OP for it, especially if they're TSG OPs. I don't want to throw responsibility onto them to watch this marathon if they aren't able to/don't want to do this.

theberserked
05-09-2011, 09:07 PM

Daski could always make one for the TSG HQ on her own. I know that has been done before. And I'm sure that Britt will make another one soon afterward. Either way, it's up to you Daski! It's your event!

Daskichan
05-10-2011, 04:41 AM

Daski could always make one for the TSG HQ on her own. I know that has been done before. And I'm sure that Britt will make another one soon afterward. Either way, it's up to you Daski! It's your event!

I think it should be up to you all, since everyone will be gaming and commentating for this~
I mean unless there's a need to have this go elsewhere or if there's a charity that everyone agrees could use some money; we might end up doing this for the TSG HQ.

theberserked
05-10-2011, 02:37 PM

I think it should be up to you all, since everyone will be gaming and commentating for this~
I mean unless there's a need to have this go elsewhere or if there's a charity that everyone agrees could use some money; we might end up doing this for the TSG HQ.

But it's your event....

You just contradicted me. :(

Iron Punkle
05-10-2011, 02:39 PM
I really enjoyed participating in the last community month, so sign me up for this one as well! I know it's really far off, so if things change for me to where I can't participate, I'll let you know ASAP, so someone else can have an opportunity at getting a day.

someone70
05-10-2011, 03:17 PM

But it's your event....

You just contradicted me. :(
Well, I know you can make your own ChipIn, but I do remember Britt saying last year that if they don't get enough money for the HQ by this summer, they'll scrap the project and donate the money to charity. And by the looks of it, we won't be anywhere near the needed goal for the HQ.

theberserked
05-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Now that you bring it up, I do remember something like that....

*goes off to find his white flag*

Daskichan
05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Well it looks like we're gonna find a charity to donate this to. :3

I mean, personally I'd like to donate it to an Alzheimer's charity of sorts. But I don't want my opinion to sway everyone elses'.

Let me know what kinds of charities you all are thinking of! :]

TheFearowofTime
05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I like that idea for a charity, or a kidney cancer foundation?

someone70
05-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Any charity that helps people is a good charity, imo.

TheFearowofTime
05-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Any charity that helps people is a good charity, imo.
agreed =]

SamusX16
05-10-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm interested and willing to help out as much as I can!

TheSpeedGamers
05-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Sounds like a great idea. If you guys wants to do this, you can own the Live.TheSpeedGamers.com page for the month. I'd just need a link to everyone's stream before hand.

notmman
05-11-2011, 05:36 AM
With Britt's approval, I think it's safe now to pick a charity and have a question of who wishes to stream...

Nothing official, just those with intrest.

TheFearowofTime
05-11-2011, 05:53 AM
official post of intent, would love to stream and do anything else that's needed

SamusX16
05-11-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm up for streaming! Shall I post the link to my Jtv channel now? Or sometime later?

Daskichan
05-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Sounds like a great idea. If you guys wants to do this, you can own the Live.TheSpeedGamers.com page for the month. I'd just need a link to everyone's stream before hand.

Oh man! Thank you so much Britt!! I am so grateful!!

And to everyone else--
The list of days where you can post your JTV stream page will be up on June 1st, as planned. :]

Heufneutje
05-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Almost forgot about that. Does it matter if we use JTV or Ustream to stream? (I assume the same thing goes for the chat)

NYVideoGameFreak
05-11-2011, 10:10 AM
If there are any days left i wanna stream!

Daskichan
05-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Almost forgot about that. Does it matter if we use JTV or Ustream to stream? (I assume the same thing goes for the chat)

That I'm not sure of. I'll have to ask Britt. I'm assuming JTV at the moment because that's what the live.thespeedgamers page has but I'll ask. XD

I'll post and update the first post when I find out. :3

localretard
05-11-2011, 10:40 AM

That I'm not sure of. I'll have to ask Britt. I'm assuming JTV at the moment because that's what the live.thespeedgamers page has but I'll ask. XD

I'll post and update the first post when I find out. :3
I doesn't matter. We can add the video and chat embed for both. I'll have to do a little work on the code but yeah. Just let us know the channels ahead of time.

Daskichan
05-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Thank you local! :D

I'm so awestruck right now haha. I am so grateful to you guys for your help!

Heufneutje
05-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Does that still mean we need a seperate OP team? Because if everyone's chat is going to be embedded with the streams, that means the OPs have already been set...

Edit: Sorry for asking. Looks like you've already answered that in your updated post xD

Daskichan
05-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Just updated the page after Britt posted;;

UPDATE
Since we are embedding in the live.thespeedgamers page, YOU MAY USE YOUR OWN OP TEAM.
The application is to assemble a team for members who wish to stream but do NOT have an OP team. The application will still proceed as per the guidelines above.

Heufneutje
05-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Sounds good! I get the feeling this is going to be as awesome as the last community month. Again, sorry for not looking at the first post before I asked my question. I feel kinda stupid right now xD

Daskichan
05-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Sounds good! I get the feeling this is going to be as awesome as the last community month. Again, sorry for not looking at the first post before I asked my question. I feel kinda stupid right now xD

Nah it's okay! I don't expect everyone to continually check the first post everytime they enter the thread XDD

I just got 1000x more excited for this haha. Even if it is 6months away.

TheFearowofTime
05-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Omg :3 I so can't wait! This is going to be awesome you guys!

the1stpkmnfan
05-11-2011, 05:44 PM
I just saw this on Twitter. Very cool! Look's like things are coming together. :)

rudy06
05-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Awesome! I'm glad to see all of this coming together! =D

Daskichan
05-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Hey everyone~

Since our place and time have been decided, I'm all open to suggestions for which charity we should do this for. : ]

If anyone has any suggestions for charities, please post them! 8D

someone70
05-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Faces Behind the Labels, a charity I streamed for last year, is a great one to raise money for. They help out impoverished working migrants in China and worldwide by giving them education and alternatives to working in demanding sweatshops. Their site is http://www.facesbehindthelabels.com/ .

abyssmalstar
05-14-2011, 06:44 AM
http://www.twloha.com/
To Write Love on Her Arms is a great charity that helps those with Major Depressant Disorder along with those contemplating suicide, and it also hosts, to my knowledge the only suicide chat room, a faster access suicide hotline kind of thing. If you go to the Vision page it shows what the charity is all about, and the Facts page shows how important this disease, and yes it is a disease, is.

NYVideoGameFreak
05-14-2011, 07:24 AM
I suggest that we do this community stream month for any Lupus charity that we can.

The standard charity would be the Lupas Foundation of American which the link can be found Here (http://www.lupus.org/newsite/index.html).

Daskichan
05-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Thank you all for posting suggestions~ Keep them coming in!

I'll be putting up a poll next week, May 21st, to let everyone decide where the money raised should go. : ]

pkGamerB
05-14-2011, 11:19 AM
This sounds pretty awesome. I'm not sure how much I'd be able to help out with my graduation coming up next winter, but I'd love to participate in this if I have the time to.

xcrystalstars
05-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Gah. I need to catch up.

I hope this month is gonna be just as fun as the one in October.
I found it a great chance to talk to people. If you need me to help, I'll try. I can't promise that I'll be hosting a day though....

AlanEdgeHead
05-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Dunno a specific charity, but Alabama tornado relief is a cause I nominate.

Muzy72
05-15-2011, 07:52 PM
"Due to the TSGHQ ChipIn expiring this summer"

Actually I believe Britt said there's gonna be a new one if their goal hasn't been reached by the time the current one ends.

Daskichan
05-15-2011, 08:00 PM
"Due to the TSGHQ ChipIn expiring this summer"

Actually I believe Britt said there's gonna be a new one if their goal hasn't been reached by the time the current one ends.

I'm not sure. Another member said that the money that we have donated to the HQ will go to a charity if we didn't reach the 50K goal.

the1stpkmnfan
05-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Not only did a member say that, but even quoted by Britt himself. Not sure he would give up the HQ, but put it on hold for the time being. And for the time being, for this Community Stream Month, we can help other great charities.

ORG16KH
05-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Dunno if its too late but here are a few Ideas
Make A Wish Foundation (http://wish.org)
Alzheimer's Association (http://alz.org)
Saint Judes (http://stjude.org)
Children's Leukemia Foundation (http://leukemiafoundation.org)
Child's Play (http://childsplaycharity.org/)
I have more options but these are the main ones I suggest. Childs Play would be a good option because we are gamers.

Daskichan
05-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the ideas ORG~

Nah, I'll be putting up a poll on saturday for everyone to vote on a charity. : ]

Daskichan
05-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Since the rapture is happening tomorrow, I'm posting the charity poll up today :P

In all seriousness, won't be able to access internet tomorrow so putting it up now.

Everyone has until June 15th to vote! : ]

nickyv917
05-23-2011, 01:58 PM
I think I can get involved with this.

Daskichan
05-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Whatever you can do will be appreciated Nicky :3

nickyv917
05-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Hey, you're helping with my marathon, I'll try to do some stuff for you.

TheFearowofTime
05-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Daski, if you need anything like a banner or the like just let me know ^_^

Daskichan
05-23-2011, 06:48 PM

That would be fantastic! I'd greatly appreciate any banners or artwork anybody wants to make : ]

TheFearowofTime
05-26-2011, 11:53 AM

That would be fantastic! I'd greatly appreciate any banners or artwork anybody wants to make : ]
:D any specifics you want me to include?

Daskichan
05-26-2011, 04:05 PM

For now all you have to include is "TheSpeedGamers Community Stream Month," "January 2012," and the link of where is will be: " http://live.thespeedgamers.com "

Thank you so much Fearow! :D

TheFearowofTime
05-26-2011, 04:06 PM

For now all you have to include is "TheSpeedGamers Community Stream Month," "January 2012," and the link of where is will be: " http://live.thespeedgamers.com "

Thank you so much Fearow! :D
No Problem :D

someone70
05-26-2011, 06:23 PM
You might want to leave room for the charity once the voting's over.

TheFearowofTime
05-26-2011, 07:00 PM
You might want to leave room for the charity once the voting's over.
I will ^^

Daskichan
05-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Ah thank you for adding that Someone~ 8D

ORG16KH
05-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I would be willing to stream for this if that is still need. I am hopefully getting a good computer by then that I can stream with. If not I am willing to help promote.

TheFearowofTime
05-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Ah thank you for adding that Someone~ 8D
I've been messing around with some BG's but I must ask, is there anything specific image wise that you want me to include?

Daskichan
05-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Fearow -- Uh.. I'm gonna leave that up to you :3

--

ORG16KH -- Well you can snag a day when I put the list up next week ~:3
But you can't snag one, any promotion you do will be fantastic! I'd really appreciate it! :]

Blaumagier
05-28-2011, 03:31 AM
Well, it's a shame I didn't get to this topic in time to suggest the International Dyslexia Association, but helping out with relief in Alabama strikes home for me in far more ways than one.

I'd be happy to help moderate the chat at any time and I'm not much for full on streaming shows, but I wouldn't mind speed running Dragon Quest I to help fill time if needed.

Daskichan
05-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks Lothis! :3

I'm looking around for any charities that might just be for tornado relief in general (though finding one for Alabama would be good as well), since that tornado happened in Joplin, Missouri and there have been tornadoes and severe thunderstorms spawning.

When I find one, I'll be sure to post a link here in the thread : ]

TheFearowofTime
05-28-2011, 11:51 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2e5l0ud.jpg

Daskichan
05-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Ooooh~!! Looks great! :D

Do like. : ]
I'll add it to the main page asap~

Thank you so much Fearow!

TheFearowofTime
05-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Ooooh~!! Looks great! :D

Do like. : ]
I'll add it to the main page asap~

Thank you so much Fearow!
Oh my :D I literally just smiled SUPER big! Thanks for the opportunity and of course when we decide the charity Ill add that in there and re-upload

BlueBlur64
05-28-2011, 02:23 PM
How have I not noticed this yet!? O_o

I really enjoyed the first community charity month we had, so I'm really looking forward to this and what everyone who streams'll bring to the table.

Daskichan
05-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Glad to hear you're excited Blur~ :3

Just letting everyone know the list will be going up at 12pm NOON CST.

someone70
05-31-2011, 05:55 PM
That's a shame. I'll still be in school then. >:I

Daskichan
05-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Change of plans, it'll be up at 9am CST.

And if you don't get a day the first time around, in October the back-up list will be posted where you can sign up for a day then (as a backup incase something goes awry)

Or you can just stalk the thread and see when people drop days. Remember there's 6 months to this thing! XD <3

JakeSH97
05-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Great ! I love this! Ill probally jump in on this!
It sucks about the time though, haha. 6 Pm - 2 EST, But I can work it ;D
If i do get in.. deciding what to do for alll those hours (I know I don't have too, but I want too.) will be a tough task. But it can be whatever, aslong as it has ANYTHING gaming in it? Like card gams, board game, video games, just all gaming?

TheFearowofTime
05-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Change of plans, it'll be up at 9am CST.

And if you don't get a day the first time around, in October the back-up list will be posted where you can sign up for a day then (as a backup incase something goes awry)

Or you can just stalk the thread and see when people drop days. Remember there's 6 months to this thing! XD <3
I'll be at work all day tomorrow...can I pick a date now? XDD cause I wont be home untill like 8 or 9 PM EST

JakeSH97
05-31-2011, 08:59 PM
My planned date to grab is the 5th.I will RUN to the library at break 10:40 EST and try to grab it then

Daskichan
05-31-2011, 09:28 PM
@JakeSH97 -- You don't have to use all of the time, you could use like. 7pm to 9pm EST if you so wished. :3
Well, video gaming is preferable but if you want to do card/board games like Yu-Gi-Oh or Dungeons and Dragons for example, I'm okay with it.

@Fearow -- Sorry, I know you've done a lot for us, but to be fair to everyone, I can't reserve dates for anyone. Besides, there's 6 months between tomorrow and when the actual event happens; so people are bound to change dates around. They don't have to be finalized until December 21st. :3

JakeSH97
05-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Id like to use almost all of my time, is it acceptable to take a break, for like an hour halfway through, to eat and stuff.

Daskichan
05-31-2011, 09:51 PM
@JakesSH97 -- I guess, you'd just have to let your viewers know that you'll be back in an hour.

Cause it's completely acceptable to take like bathroom breaks now and then, we're all understanding and don't expect people to sit around for eight hours and entertain us all haha. :]

JakeSH97
05-31-2011, 09:58 PM
haha, understood. Ill see what I can pull together to be as entertaining as possible ;D

TheFearowofTime
05-31-2011, 10:18 PM
haha it's all good ^_^ Ill just post from mah phone

TheFearowofTime
06-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Friday jan 6th :D

Daskichan
06-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Alrighty everyone~ The list is posted!

Remember you have until December 21st to give me the day you wish to stream, the times you wish to stream at, the link to your UStream/JTV page and if you will be using your own OP team and ours 8D

have at it people!

TheFearowofTime
06-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Edit: Friday, January 6th from 6EST to 1AM EST. http://www.justin.tv/thefearowoftime
My own OP team ^_^

Daskichan
06-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Edit: Friday, January 6th from 6EST to 1AM EST. http://www.justin.tv/thefearowoftime
My own OP team ^_^

Thanks love! You've got it. :3

JakeSH97
06-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Misposted last night, Wanted Jan 6th. *crys* its all good though
:thumbs:
Jan 5th will do.

nickyv917
06-01-2011, 11:00 AM
I think I'll take Wednesday the 11th.
http://www.justin.tv/nickyv917

NYVideoGameFreak
06-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Jan 2nd plox

06-01-2011, 11:32 AM
even though I personally like the cause due to the fact that I've experienced some of what these people have dealt with, do you mind if I take a saturday, the earliest saturday possible.

Edit: http://www.justin.tv/frenchhorndude

Daskichan
06-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Everyone that's posted has the day they signed up for :3

FHD-- The earliest Saturday is the 7th, I signed you up for it, is that okay?

06-01-2011, 12:22 PM
FHD-- The earliest Saturday is the 7th, I signed you up for it, is that okay?

that should work daski. thanks :D

Iwasalongtimeago
06-01-2011, 12:59 PM
I'll take Tuesday the 3rd. http://www.justin.tv/iwasalongtimeago

TheFearowofTime
06-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Oh, Daski..as far as OP teams go, can I use a mix of both?

Daskichan
06-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Oh, Daski..as far as OP teams go, can I use a mix of both?

That's fine :3
It'll be more up to you when we get our OP team assembled. I put it as one of the things to sign up for a day must because I need to make sure said OP team is available for the days that the team need to be there :]

someone70
06-01-2011, 02:38 PM
I'll take Saturday Janurary 14th because that's mah b-day. :D

I'll be streaming for as long as I can, starting 5CST and I'll use my own OP team. Is it preferred to use jtv or ustream?

Daskichan
06-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Someone-- You've got it~

Either one works. Whichever you like to use works. :3

TheFearowofTime
06-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Also, will I be able to apply for an OP position even though Im streaming?

Daskichan
06-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Also, will I be able to apply for an OP position even though Im streaming?

Indeed you will be. :]
The application is open to everyone and anyone. It'll be posted next month :3

cosomo
06-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Can I take the 21st? C:

http://www.justin.tv/cosomo

Daskichan
06-01-2011, 03:09 PM
It's all yours! :D

vakamajordan
06-01-2011, 03:25 PM
sign me up for friday the 13th

Iron Punkle
06-01-2011, 08:12 PM
If it hasn't been taken, I'll sign up for January 20th.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/punkle-s-streaming

the1stpkmnfan
06-01-2011, 08:59 PM
I honestly can't tell how my schedule is going to look overall in January, since the musical rehearsals/performances will be around all that month. But I can be on the safe side and request January 8th, 2012.

www.ustream.tv/channel/brawlers-and-gamers (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brawlers-and-gamers)

Daskichan
06-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Aaand you both have it! :3

Thanks for signing up <3

SpectacleG
06-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't mind taking up Saturday the 28th. I'm planning a trip to Australia in the Winter but that should be before then. If I need to change the date or drop out for any reason I'll let you know ASAP.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/spectacleg

Iwasalongtimeago
06-02-2011, 04:41 AM
I decided that I'm going to change to ustream since I did a couple of tests and found that ustream works better for me. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iwasalongtimeago

Daskichan
06-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Alrighty to you two~ :3

ORG16KH
06-02-2011, 09:58 PM
I am willing to take January the 4th .
Whether I use my justin.tv account or my ustream will depend. Is it ok if the program I use to stream has a watermark on it?

PLUMPKIN
06-02-2011, 10:01 PM
I am so excited for this!

notmman
06-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Hoorah! Stream Month. Do I need to play a game : S ?

Daskichan
06-03-2011, 07:57 AM
ORG16KH -- As long as it doesn't take up a good part of the screen it should be fine.

Plumpkin -- ME TOO 8D <3

notm -- Nah. It'd be good if you did but you don't have to if you don't want to. I won't be playing any games during my days (just because I don't have the tech to do so).

Marche100
06-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Dibs on Friday the 27th. I'll probably stream 5-9 CST.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/marche100-plays-games

If someone would be willing to commentate while I stream, speak up, because I'm not commentating while I play (trust me, I'm a sucky commentator). It'd be great to have someone to commentate while I play.

MegaKidicarus
06-05-2011, 06:05 PM
i call sunday on the 29 th http://www.justin.tv/megakidicarus/b/28 ... medium=url (http://www.justin.tv/megakidicarus/b/287451617?utm_campaign=post_live&utm_source=live&utm_medium=url) this is my stream probably snes games like super mario world or super metroid 5p-8p

Daskichan
06-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Mmmkay Marche & Megakid.

You guys have the days~

metalalchemist82
06-06-2011, 12:03 AM
I can take over a Thursday of any week of the month not taken anytime after 6pm CST. i should be off work on Thursdays and I'm hoping to obtain a Dazzle by that point in time or some form of capture device to stream it. hoping everything goes well! link for me would be http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-random-encounter Metal out! :D <3

p.s. depending on how i feel towards commentating, if i am not up to it anyone from the chat at the time providing i "know" them may commentate. I would feel bad having a somewhat new member or inappropriate commentator for a great cause

ORG16KH
06-06-2011, 01:51 AM
marche i dont mind commentating for you

BlueBlur64
06-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Can I take Jan. 15, please? I'll get everything else figured out later, don't worry. :O

Crysagee
06-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Can I take Tuesday January 10th if that is possible ? I will post my info later, I'm just at school right now ! >.<

Daskichan
06-07-2011, 07:41 AM
metalalchemist-- I signed you up for January 12th, it was the first Thursday available. Lemme know if that doesn't work for ya.

BlueBlur-- It's all yours~

Crysagee -- You got it! :3

metalalchemist82
06-07-2011, 11:09 AM
thanks daski, it should work but i'll you know if work intervenes

Daskichan
06-12-2011, 04:58 AM
Hey everyone~ just a reminder that the charity poll closes in three days! Please get your votes in while you still can : ]

==
Metal-- No problem, just let me know as soon as you can if it does : 3

metalalchemist82
06-12-2011, 07:29 PM
will do daski, my work schedule varies week to week so like i said i'll let you know at the latest the wednesday a week prior

Daskichan
06-12-2011, 08:20 PM
It's all good, I totally understand. My schedule right now even is just WAAAH~ XD

But yeah. Thanks for signing up : D

NYVideoGameFreak
06-12-2011, 09:50 PM
http://www.justin.tv/nyvideogamefreak my stream link

Daskichan
06-15-2011, 04:53 AM
From the poll vote, we will be gaming for To Write Love On Her Arms !

It won by a landslide of 18 votes

2nd place was Alzheimer's Association with 9 votes
Lupus Foundation and Alabama Tornado Relief were tied for 3rd with 6 votes.

Thank you to everyone who voted! :]

mr-saturn
06-16-2011, 12:42 AM
If i had a capture card, i would do it :(

diddyknux
06-16-2011, 01:25 AM
This seems really cool and I'd love to stream for this. If Monday, January 9th is still open, I'd prefer to do it then.

Daskichan
06-19-2011, 04:55 AM
Waaah sorry, been a bit busy and didn't see you posted there! D:

But Jan 9th is all yours Diddy : ]

diddyknux
06-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Waaah sorry, been a bit busy and didn't see you posted there! D:

But Jan 9th is all yours Diddy : ]

Cool. Just, can you PM me when we get closer to the date? I'm afraid this'll completley slip my mind otherwise. :what: What were we talking about? :roll:

Or maybe you thought you'd do that anyway. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would forget about this.

Daskichan
06-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Haha of course! When it gets closer to the date I'll send reminders to all the people streaming : ]

abyssmalstar
06-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Unfortunately, I can't book a day, because I don't know any scheduling things (aka what my family and I will be doing over winter break) But I am still excited for this :D

Daskichan
07-01-2011, 12:57 PM
MEEP. deleted post.

Daskichan
07-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone~

Since there is a lack of enough applications to create an OP team, you may just simply state if you want to be an OP. We'll still post the list of those who are going to OP for this event on September 1st.

Thank you to those of you who sent applications to me, it has been noted that you wish to be an OP and we shall let you know in September if you are one. : ]

notmman
07-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Well, I'd like to be an OP...is it too late to register? :?

Daskichan
07-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Noope~ You have until the end of the month to let me know if you want to be an OP!

I'll put your name down on this spreadsheet here :]

Crysagee
07-16-2011, 10:49 PM
I would like to OP Daski if that is alright with you~ :3

vakamajordan
07-16-2011, 11:10 PM
I would like to op. I was going apply anyways but i was too busy to finish it

BroBuzz
07-16-2011, 11:34 PM
I'd love to take part in this. Unfortunately, I don't have a capture card yet, but I (hopefully) will soon-ish.
I guess if I can be a Op.

PLUMPKIN
07-17-2011, 12:06 AM
This sounds exciting! I'd definitely like to OP for this if possible!

-PLUMPKIN

BlueBlur64
07-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Holy crap, I forgot about this. I'll definitely op for this. I'll also start planning for whatever I'ma be doing for my day.

Dementrious
07-17-2011, 03:16 AM
I volunteer to be kicked by the ops

nickyv917
07-17-2011, 05:44 AM
I guess I can OP

cosomo
07-17-2011, 09:36 AM
I can OP if there are positions still available.

the1stpkmnfan
07-17-2011, 04:18 PM
If you need an OP, I'm here for ya Daski. :)

thewowgamer
07-17-2011, 04:32 PM
i am also availible to op if needed. and when it gets closer to january i might sneak in one of the days also. i cannot look 6 months into the future to know what i will be doing then >_<

KeyPaladin
07-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Alright, I would like to sign up for a full day. If it's still available, I'll take Sunday the 22nd. Also, I'll probably use ustream, though I've yet to really learn how to use it =P. Lastly, if things make themselves more continent or if things become a no-go, I'll let everyone know. My stream is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/keypaladin

Heufneutje
07-21-2011, 04:05 AM
I'd like to help you with the OPing if that's alright

Daskichan
07-21-2011, 07:22 AM
@ Key -- The 22nd is all yours! Thank you! :)

And thanks to everyone for volunteering for OP-age. I have all of your names down on my little spreadsheet here. :3

Luigi110
07-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Hmm, I would like to partake in the volunteering of the OP status. If that's okay X3

Ruju
07-25-2011, 10:46 AM
I will volunteer to be an op, since I don't think I can plan to dedicate a full day of streaming x3

topbunkdd89
07-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I would be more then glad to help op, but if not ill have a great time watching as well, my only problem is that this marathon is in january 2012. Psh were all going to be dead anyways so good luck getting the marathon up :P

Daskichan
08-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Hello! It's been quite a while.

Due to personal conflicts and scheduling going on Sept 1st, I have posted the OP list early.

I want to personally thank everyone that applied for the OP positions. I sincerely hope those who did not make the list do not take personal offense nor withdraw all commitment or association with this marathon. All of those who did not make the first-run list will be put on a back-up list so that in case an OP is not able to do their duty, they will replace those unavailable.

I've decided on ten slots simply out of the knowledge that all ten will not be online every single day of the marathon. When the time comes, I will be sending the OP team a message with guidelines and a schedule.

I will need everyone who is currently signed up for a day to let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE whether or not you will need the OP team or if you are using your own on your stream.

Thankyouthankyouu~!

metalalchemist82
08-26-2011, 02:37 PM
well on a positive confirmed note, i received my EasyCap capture card and splitters yesterday and did some test streams aside from at the moment unable to capture in game audio due to a weird staticy sound, it's going smoothly, now as for my schedule that's yet to be decided, if anything i'll switch days with someone if i'm scheduled to work

topbunkdd89
08-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Oh wow im suprised i got accepted for modship thanks a ton :D Cant wait!

rudy06
08-26-2011, 10:39 PM
well on a positive confirmed note, i received my EasyCap capture card and splitters yesterday and did some test streams aside from at the moment unable to capture in game audio due to a weird staticy sound, it's going smoothly, now as for my schedule that's yet to be decided, if anything i'll switch days with someone if i'm scheduled to work

Check your cables. I have had issues with bad cables before. I got some female to female ports before and they ruined the sound due to bad quality.

metalalchemist82
08-27-2011, 02:31 AM

Check your cables. I have had issues with bad cables before. I got some female to female ports before and they ruined the sound due to bad quality.
Well it didnt do it until I tried different cables out, I have three different sets of cables for my xbox, the ones from my old 120gb xbox, the ones with my new 250gb xbox and an hdmi cable, I used originally the ones from my old xbox because I couldn't remember where I put my new cables since I've been using hdmi since I got the new one. Anyway, at first no signal was found and the software that came with it said "this source cannot be used and then I tried ulead videostudio 11 and It accepted it as a useable source and at first was giving me both game audio and video.

Marche100
09-03-2011, 04:51 PM
I have a quick question.

Are we allowed to play games that have swearing in it or are we sticking to family friendly games, because I've got a great freeware game I want to play during my stream in the community stream month, but every time you die in it, it shoots off a cuss word, although most of the time I can hit the respawn key before it's able to shoot it off.

Just wondering, because I can play something else if I have to, but I'd like to play this if I can. I do have some backup games in mind, so no worries there.

nickyv917
09-03-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to change my date to the 17th, because I have to wake up early on the 13th, so that won't work.

Daskichan
09-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Are we allowed to play games that have swearing in it or are we sticking to family friendly games,

Swearing is fine, just not excessive swearing.

@nickyv -- That's fine, I changed it for you.

jakepeter
09-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Wednesday, January 11th please. 11 is my favorite number :P
Account: http://www.justin.tv/jakepeter11
I'll play from 5pm CST to when I finish the game(s) I choose to play, Is that okay?

notmman
09-08-2011, 05:16 PM
So, uh Quick Question, I'm wondering if we can do a stream on a day without playing a game? Like a commentary stream or something?

If it's a yes, then I'm down for any day toward the end of January.

Daskichan
09-08-2011, 07:28 PM
@jakespeter -- You got it! It's all yours.

@Notm -- Yeah, that's fine! I'm doing commentary-only for my stream days so I have no objections to others following suite.

notmman
09-08-2011, 11:14 PM
In that case, I think I may take Monday, January 30th...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/notm

Just a reminder to those people unsure, I do live in an EST timezone, which means to catch the full experience, you may have to wait until 2 in the afternoon for it to start and usually late at night for actual gaming/commentating content.

jakepeter
11-04-2011, 11:26 PM
What will happen to those open days if no one fills them??

Daskichan
11-06-2011, 08:12 AM
I have...absolutely no idea. This thread's been super inactive for a good amount of time. Hopefully being three months away from this people will know their schedules a bit better.

jefferlope
11-07-2011, 08:19 AM
I could sign up for this if you need someone on a Thursday.. Although I'm not that big on posting on the forums, I've been lurking around the chats at all the marathons since Summer 2010.

LoboRaptorLo
11-07-2011, 11:44 AM
shoot I miss that post :(

diddyknux
11-10-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm not sure I'll still be able to do this. I don't want to particapate if I don't have a capture card, and I can't guarantee I'll have one by then. So you may need to find a replacement or understudy for my day.

Marche100
11-19-2011, 08:28 PM
KEEPING THIS THING ALIVE WITH A STATUS UPDATE.

Heck yeah, I'm practically counting down the days until the Community Stream Month.

I've been practicing the game I'm going to play during the stream month pretty much every day so I'm ready to try and go through it as fast as I can, so hopefully that'll go well when the day comes (although I'm still working on beating the final boss for my first time, which is ridiculously hard).

But yeah, people should sign up and play to keep this thing alive. Even if the community stream month doesn't happen (hopefully untrue) I'm still going to stream during my scheduled time. I'm not letting this community stream month slip through the cracks without a fight. :D

Oh yeah, and I've decided 5pm-9pm is nowhere near the amount of time I need to get through this game. I'm going to say 5pm-11pm is enough, so I'd appreciate it if you would change that on the front page of the thread when you get the chance, Daski.

jefferlope
11-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I could sign up for this if you need someone on a Thursday.. Although I'm not that big on posting on the forums, I've been lurking around the chats at all the marathons since Summer 2010.
That was me signing up by the way. =)

Daskichan
11-19-2011, 10:36 PM
MARCHE ;-----;

Jefferlope-- I have the 12th, 19th, 26th open. Pick a day~

jefferlope
11-19-2011, 10:43 PM
12 would be great!
I'll be streaming here: http://www.twitch.tv/jefferlope

MegaKidicarus
11-20-2011, 06:44 AM
my time 5-10

nickyv917
11-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Actually, can I get moved to the 18th? I think I know what I could try to do. World record speedrun attempt of Spyro the Dragon 1 for the PS1

Daskichan
11-20-2011, 01:08 PM
The following changes were made::

- Jefferlope now has Thursday the 12th to stream
- Marche100 has from 5p - 11p
- diddyknux has been removed
- Nickyv has been moved to the 18th.

8 Spots still remain people~ :3

BroBuzz
11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Little late, but can I stream on the 19th?

Daskichan
11-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Sure! It's never late. XD I'll update the page in a minute.

Daskichan
12-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi all;

There's only a few weeks left and we have exactly one week that we need to fill.

Pleaseplease pleaaaase sign up if you can. I don't want to have to cancel this because we couldn't fill all the spots ;--;~

LoboRaptorLo
12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Even if my english isn't so great I guess I could take Thursday 26th might update my disponibility around begining January :)

I can stream all the day so feel free to edit my time :) so I wake up near 9 AM (8 CST) to 9PM (8CST) WITH BREAKS lol

Caspin
12-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Hey, I would like to do a stream on the 9th if that's ok.

I can pretty much stream from 5pm CST - 1am CST. I will probably take a few half our breaks during that time so I can eat/do homework.

streaming page is twitch.tv/caspin

Daskichan
12-11-2011, 05:31 PM
The 9th is all yours :]

Thank you very much!

BroBuzz
12-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh, forgot to mention my streaming page in my original post. It's twitch.tv/brobuzz

maj495
12-19-2011, 06:12 PM
I'll definitely try to stop by as much as I can. I always like community streams since its always calmer than marathons (though I love marathons) and it gives me an opportunity to hang out with community members. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the Community Stream Month! :D

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Daskichan
12-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey everyone~

I would love to do this but we really need those five spots filled by the end of the week.

On December 26th I will be sending PMs to all participants to remind them of the event and to fill in any blanks on information if necessary~

Caldwalader
12-21-2011, 12:24 PM
I would really love to do this. Once I get a decent computer which will be within 2012 I'd definitely be interested in this.

Keep this thing going (:

StarryNovaSaiyan
12-21-2011, 12:57 PM
If you don't mind I would like to sign up for the 16th from 5pm-11:30pm. Note there will be a break for dinner somewhere in the early part of that time. http://www.twitch.tv/starrynovasaiyan

Daskichan
12-21-2011, 03:19 PM
I never mind~ Thank you Starry :3

I'll do what I can Cald.

jakepeter
12-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I am so excited for this, but I just figured out i may have drama tryouts on the 11th (My day to play). I really hope I don't have to be there, cause it's call backs that day I believe. If I do it'll not take too long and I may start a little bit late. But since I've been planning on doing this for months now I should be fine, just wanted to let you know in case this happens

notmman
12-23-2011, 04:39 AM
I'd like to add my Jtv stream link here just in case the ustream one fails...
http://j-tv.me/vcdlrS

Also, the first post says that we stream from 5pm to 1am...which my time roughly translates from 10am to 6pm. If someone wishes to double check that they can, otherwise be prepared if stream is a little late.

Daskichan
12-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Being a little late to your stream is fine; whatever day you pick is your day~ Do as you will. Just be sure to stream something and leave a message up (if you can) of when you'll be streaming. :3

Take as much or as little time as you need during your stream. the 5p - 1a CST is just so you don't drag on the entire day. ;3

You all have until MONDAY to fill the remaining 4 spots or well. I don't know what to do. D: I can't fill them myself, I already have two days.

jakepeter
12-23-2011, 09:34 PM
These four days remain: Tuesday January 17th, Monday January 23rd, Tuesday January 24th, Wednesday January 25th .

What I was thinking is that if we don't get these four days filled, we could do one of these ideas
a. Try and get a few people to possibly switch days so that there is one day of rest every week
b. Just pull through with it anyway, even though there is three days of it in a row of nothing
c. Double cast 4 more people
or d. Not do it anymore (Crazy, but it IS an option)

MegaKidicarus
12-23-2011, 10:11 PM
i vote c

Muzy72
12-24-2011, 09:11 PM
I MAY be able to take the 25th, but I'm not so sure. I'll edit my post tomorrow whether or not I'll be able to.

Daskichan
12-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Thank you Muzy~ Just lemme know <3

StarryNovaSaiyan
12-25-2011, 09:03 AM
A or C are good options to take.

ORG16KH
12-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Dasichan I just got a new computer and am having trouble getting my Dazzle to work with that computer so I am not be able to stream on the Night I signed up for (January 4th). Sorry :(

Daskichan
12-26-2011, 02:00 PM
D: Nooooo~

Well...I'm going to leave those days open. If anyone wants to last-minute take them, that's fine.

If anyone wants to stream twice, let me know ASAP.

I'm sending out PMs to people who have agreed to stream a day at 7/8pm CST.

JasefWisener
12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Alrighty. I can take January 4th. I'll play some Arkham Asylum probably, and I'll start at 6 CST. I'm not 100% sure how long I'll go, but it will probably be around 10 or 11 cst when I end.

http://www.twitch.tv/jasefwisener

pkGamerB
12-26-2011, 03:13 PM
I don't really like streaming without commentary (my mic is no good), but since sign up time is almost over and no one's claimed it, I could take the 17th. I'll probably just do one of my signature Link to the Past runs or something (I'll edit this post or post again later today/tomorrow with an exact time). If it's cool with Daski, I don't mind if someone else commentates while I'm playing.

JasefWisener
12-26-2011, 03:17 PM
I don't really like streaming without commentary (my mic is no good), but since sign up time is almost over and no one's claimed it, I could take the 17th. I'll probably just do one of my signature Link to the Past runs or something (I'll edit this post or post again later today/tomorrow with an exact time). If it's cool with Daski, I don't mind if someone else commentates while I'm playing.

I personally would love to see another Link to the Past run.

notmman
12-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Is there anyone that wants to take the thirtieth? I'm thinking of swapping my day of streaming to the 17th of January (Tuesday) and would be willing to negotiate with people. IF nobody expresses interest, I'll still stream on the 30th.

Daskichan
12-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Of course I don't mind PK~ Collaboration is most certainly allowed. :]

Thank you so much again Jasef~ :D

Cosmoid
12-26-2011, 04:24 PM
SO MANY PEOPLE! I already stream on a regular basis for the site anyway but if theres a spot I am sure me and Girraffes or Me and JD or Me and Metal or Me and anyone could do it.

notmman
12-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Aaand, yup..17th taken by pkGamer : D

that leaves the 24th...may I take that day instead of the 30th? Sorry to be a pain but the 30th is the day before school gets back and I dun wanna be too busy to stream...

Daskichan
12-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah that's fine. I'll make the switch. :3

Cosmoid -- If any one of you can take the 30th then, all will be well! :D

StarryNovaSaiyan
12-26-2011, 08:05 PM
As of right now I'm still ok for streaming on the 16th. I will let you know if something does come up.

MegaKidicarus
12-26-2011, 09:23 PM
still ok with my day

diddyknux
12-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Even though I can't stream a game, pkGamer expressed interest in having someone commentate during his stream. Maybe I could do that if he's still up for it?

the1stpkmnfan
12-26-2011, 10:32 PM
For my stream day on Jan 8, I was thinking about doing my 3rd (or 4th) attempt to speed run Super Mario Sunshine. And to beat my current personal record of 2:48 minutes. It'll surely be a treat, playing one of my favorite games. :P

I'm really excited for this too!

pkGamerB
12-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Even though I can't stream a game, pkGamer expressed interest in having someone commentate during his stream. Maybe I could do that if he's still up for it?Yep, that works for me. As for the time, I'll probably go from around 7pm to 11pm CST (enough time for me to do two different types of playthroughs), with a possible 10 min or so break in there somewhere for dinner if I haven't eaten yet.

diddyknux
12-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Even though I can't stream a game, pkGamer expressed interest in having someone commentate during his stream. Maybe I could do that if he's still up for it?Yep, that works for me. As for the time, I'll probably go from around 7pm to 11pm CST (enough time for me to do two different types of playthroughs), with a possible 10 min or so break in there somewhere for dinner if I haven't eaten yet.

Sounds cool.

Muzy72
12-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I definitely won't be able to stream. My computer is acting like crap -_-

Sorry Daski D:

[ Post made via Samsung Epic ]

notmman
12-27-2011, 04:47 PM
<3 <33 <3 Daski!

Thankyou~

diddyknux
12-27-2011, 10:24 PM
By the way, pk... Do you use Ustream or Justin/Twitchtv? I know about the duel streaming function on Ustream, but I haven't really tried Justintv before.

pkGamerB
12-27-2011, 11:22 PM
I use Twitch, but I'm almost certain it has a similar feature to Ustream (if not, we can work something out). As long as we set aside a day to test everything out before the 17th, we should be good.

diddyknux
12-27-2011, 11:26 PM
I use Twitch, but I'm almost certain it has a similar feature to Ustream (if not, we can work something out). As long as we set aside a day to test everything out before the 17th, we should be good.

Absolutley, we can do that. Perhaps PM me and we can work it out.

jakepeter
12-28-2011, 12:26 AM
I was wondering if I could maybe switch from the 11th to the 25th. I just figured out that my public library has the teen storytime training on the 11th which runs from 6:30-8:30 CST. And they only do this every three months... if it's not too much of a hassle to change the date. Also it won't be the end of the world if I don't go to it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Daskichan
12-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Hey Jake--

25th is all yours. :3

Daskichan
12-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Hey All~

New announcement posted.

Instead of using your own stream, Britt and I have decided to use one single JTv stream to ease the burden on Local having to log on everyday and embed new code. This will also make the stream run a lot smoother and so there will be no huge conflicts.

You all will be receiving PMs from Britt with the login information.

This also means that those selected as OPs will be for the entire stream month. I may or may not add people if necessary, and if people prove themselves responsible.

I have set the ChipIn goal for $500. If we raise more than that, perfect. If not? That's fine. You all have exhausted your wallets for the holidays but I would like to have something to contribute to the charity.

MegaKidicarus
12-29-2011, 04:02 PM
daski i can still stream on my day (28) but from 5p-8p instead of 5p-10p

Giraffesaredope
12-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Giraffes here, I can stream on on the 6th. I don't have a specific end time in mind, but I would definitely start at 5PM central. End time would probably depend on how much interest there is, because I'd like to do a Left 4 Dead or other multiplayer night on PC.

Daskichan
12-29-2011, 06:33 PM
That's all good Giraffes~ The 6th is all yours. :]

MegaKidicarus
01-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Today is the first day of this I am so excited.

Heufneutje
01-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm probably gonna miss the first stream since 7p central is 2 AM for me :( I'll be there tomorrow though!

maj495
01-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Not too long before this begins, looking forward to all of the evenings this month that I can be at the streams :D

Marche100
01-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Can't wait for it to start. :D

This is going to be awesome!

metalman27
01-01-2012, 07:30 PM
I'll take a Sunday, if there's one open. :D

Shadow_Aura_Knight
01-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I can take that Saturday if you need someone to Daski.

nickyv917
01-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Something happened to my stream and now it says the chat can't be found

EDIT: Never mind, it worked itself out.

[ Post made via Android ]

notmman
01-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Alright, I did a bit of time conversions and figured out that
8pm-1am CST (American Time) on the 24th is
10am-6pm EST (Australian Time) on the 25th (because Australia is 16 hours ahead)

so when it comes to that day, you are all prepared. :thumbs: