PDA

View Full Version : TSG Idol Season 2 (and the winner is....)

DNAbro
05-19-2011, 07:19 PM
oh yeah it's coming back, bigger and better than ever!

for anyone who doesn't know what im talking about: viewtopic.php?t=11192 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?t=11192)

First of all we are going to do a sign up which will be in a different thread here to help keep this more organized: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14346 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14346)

This thread will be used for discussions, questions, rules and announcements.

As for the rules of this season, they as follow: [spoiler:20r9hz4s] Contestants will upload a video of themselves singing. Any site/download is allowed as long as the judges can have access to it.[/*:m:20r9hz4s] If you don't submit during the time period, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!! I was WAAAYYY to nice about it last time but this time i will post a schedule so NO EXCUSES.[/*:m:20r9hz4s] The songs you sing will have to follow the theme for the round. Themes for the rounds will be announced later.[/*:m:20r9hz4s] This is more of a recommendation, please try not to insult people for their singing if they are bad. Constructive criticism is much more appreciated.[/*:m:20r9hz4s][/spoiler:20r9hz4s]

As for the first announcement, we have our judges!
Judges
[spoiler:20r9hz4s]KyletheDarkn
StopDropandBear
MSico AKA Phil[/spoiler:20r9hz4s]

AND GROUP PICTUREhttp://i54.tinypic.com/nc39y.png (credit to pkmnfan)

Judges will be sent their own personal rules.
(will be doing this very soon since 1st round is starting up)

Current Contestants
[spoiler:20r9hz4s]-Current Contestants-
Abyssmalstar
JaggerG
Jsatter13
ProtonJon
Rudy06
the1stpkmnfan

-Eliminated Contestants-

07.nickyv917 - "Eliminated" Round 2
08.pictocheat - Disquailified Round 2
09.notm - "Eliminated" Round 1
--.E.Via - Disqualified Round 1
--.Pokeyph - Disqualified Round 1
--.Crysagee - Disqualified Round 1
--.Baltes - Disqualified Round 1
--.TriforceSaturn - Disqualified Round 1
--.McCript - Disqualified Round 1
--.Scruff - Disqualified Round 1
--.Shinra114 - Disqualified Round 1
--.SupahKillah - Disqualified Round 1
--.DarkMaster - Disqualified Round 1
--.BlueBlur64 - Disqualified Round 1
--.Essentia - Disqualified Round 1
--.DrewStern - Disqualified Round 1
--.PantaroP - Disqualified Round 1[/spoiler:20r9hz4s]

ROUND 1

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14677 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14677)

^post here round 1 contestants, you have 2 weeks from 6/13/11

ROUND 2

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14891 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14891)

^post here round 2 contestants, you have 2 weeks from 7/1/11 which is the 15th.

ROUND 3

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=15149 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=15149)

^round 3 contestants, you have 2 weeks from 7/18/11 which is August 1st i believe.

ROUND 4

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=15407 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=15407)

^round 4 contestants, you have two weeks from 8/5/11 which is 19th.

topbunkdd89
05-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Lolololol you should of got pkmn fan as well, him loveing american idol and what not XD

DNAbro
05-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Lolololol you should of got pkmn fan as well, him loveing american idol and what not XD

well he wanted to compete :D

LegendOfCookies
05-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Well g'luck to all the people in the competition this time and have fun.

Also, DNA... I'm hoping you made the change that we were talking about several months ago when TSGL was still up.

DNAbro
05-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Well g'luck to all the people in the competition this time and have fun.

Also, DNA... I'm hoping you made the change that we were talking about several months ago when TSGL was still up.

yeah, if i remember correctly it was about the judging problems... but i assume these judges will be fair and totally unbiased.

the1stpkmnfan
05-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Ash DNA said, I much rather compete again! This is going to be so much fun, and I can't wait to sing it out. Good luck to all competing too! :)

Also, I wonder if ProtonJon should be informed, since he wanted to compete this time around.

DNAbro
05-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Ash DNA said, I much rather compete again! This is going to be so much fun, and I can't wait to sing it out. Good luck to all competing too! :)

Also, I wonder if ProtonJon should be informed, since he wanted to compete this time around.

i'll message him but i wouldn't count on him to be consistent (or at all). Seeing how he wanted to update at least once every week this year......

LegendOfCookies
05-19-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm excited to see how this plays out but this time I'm not joining the competition.

Though I do want some involvement with it so if there's ever anything that I could do just give me a shout!

DNAbro
05-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Pkmnfan made a little picture of the judges, enjoy

http://i54.tinypic.com/nc39y.png

Kylethedarkn
05-22-2011, 10:11 PM
I will be judging based on the actual singing, and will not be swayed by popularity or bribes.*

*Unless bribes are very substantial.

notmman
05-23-2011, 01:07 AM
I will be judging based on the actual singing, and will not be swayed by popularity or bribes.*

Do you accept Australian currency? :P

I'm not bragging, but I do favour myself in this competition.

Anyone have a favourite to win (out of the people that have registered?)

LegendOfCookies
05-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I don't see how people would have a favourite if we haven't heard many of them sing before if at all...

the1stpkmnfan
05-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Once the season goes underway, then we'll all have personal favorites. Just like how it goes during the Idol shows, there aren't any chosen favorites till they appear with their voice.

Proton Jon
05-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Pkmnfan messaged me reminding me about TSG Idol, and I'd like to enter but like DNAbro said I wouldn't be able to guarantee consistency with entries. If you don't mind having me enter but knocking me out if I miss a deadline, I'll gladly enter.

markus
05-23-2011, 11:46 PM

Do you accept Australian currency? :P

I'm not bragging, but I do favour myself in this competition.

Anyone have a favourite to win (out of the people that have registered?)

Myself of course _awesome_ Good luck to all contestants, can't wait for this to begin.

DNAbro
05-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Pkmnfan messaged me reminding me about TSG Idol, and I'd like to enter but like DNAbro said I wouldn't be able to guarantee consistency with entries. If you don't mind having me enter but knocking me out if I miss a deadline, I'll gladly enter.

god i fail, i said i was going to message you and i totally forgot. Definitely adding you on to the list.

Im also thinking how funny it would be for your next vid will be you singing.

topbunkdd89
05-25-2011, 09:23 PM

can we bribe you in sweets?

Kylethedarkn
05-25-2011, 10:28 PM

can we bribe you in sweets?
10 tons of Reese's mini peanut butter cups. Nothing less!

DNAbro
05-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Just wondering, how long do you guys think i should keep the sign up going?

notmman
05-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Another two weeks...

shinra114
06-02-2011, 11:30 AM
yeah sign ups dont need to be to much longer

the1stpkmnfan
06-02-2011, 09:57 PM
More or less, I think we got our Top 13+ cast for the competition. The same amount for the original show.

rudy06
06-03-2011, 10:37 AM
More or less, I think we got our Top 13+ cast for the competition. The same amount for the original show.

Which also means I'm in the bottom 13! Noooo! =D

As for how long to leave registration open, that's up to you. We have a number of members signed up, but more is always nice. =D Don't wait too long though.

DNAbro
06-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Okay this sunday will be the last day to sign up. so if you were considering to sign up, DO IT NOW.

DNAbro
06-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Just so i can get some ideas, how long should each round be? a week, week 1/2, 2 weeks?

E.VIA
06-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I say two weeks. I'm going to be super busy this summer. :(

DNAbro
06-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Okay that is what i thought. I don't want any excuses this time or any reason to extend.

E.VIA
06-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Got it sir!

DNAbro
06-12-2011, 09:35 PM
So everything for round 1 is set up. Info at the very front of the page and in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14677 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14677)

LegendOfCookies
06-12-2011, 10:36 PM
How exciting DNA!

I can't wait to see all the entries...

I'd enter again myself but I'm for sure going to miss a deadline (assuming I make it to that round) because I'm going on vacation soon :P

the1stpkmnfan
06-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Two weeks is pretty long imo, but whatever floats your boat works for me. If this season is to conclude around September or October, should we expect 2-3 eliminated each week, then soon coming down to single elimination later in the competition?

Also, I definitely don't wish to see any extensions during this season. Everyone who signed up made the 100% commitment to meet the ends.

And with that, I look forward to everyone's performances. :) Now that we got Round 1 confirmed for Free Choice, my song is already picked out. Just gotta get into gear.

DNAbro
06-13-2011, 06:00 AM
Two weeks is pretty long imo, but whatever floats your boat works for me. If this season is to conclude around September or October, should we expect 2-3 eliminated each week, then soon coming down to single elimination later in the competition?

Also, I definitely don't wish to see any extensions during this season. Everyone who signed up made the 100% commitment to meet the ends.

And with that, I look forward to everyone's performances. :) Now that we got Round 1 confirmed for Free Choice, my song is already picked out. Just gotta get into gear.

A few reasons for the two week period. 1 because i asked a few people for the their opinions and the most said two weeks. 2nd as you and i said, no excuses. 3rd because the eliminations are going to be big for a little while. Im bringing down the amount of people after the first round to 16. So 6 people will be eliminated.

DNAbro
06-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Just as a reminder, now you have 1 week. And only 2 people has submitted...

oh and pkmnfan, if you read this, how did you contact protonjon? should i send him a message through the forums or through his channel

the1stpkmnfan
06-20-2011, 05:05 PM
I pm'd him on his youtube account. :P

Also, I should be getting back into my recording tomorrow. Better get that done.

E.VIA
06-20-2011, 07:04 PM
They're probably procrastinating. I am. LOL.

jsatter13
06-20-2011, 07:29 PM
They're probably procrastinating. I am. LOL.
I'm expecting the other twenty entries Sunday at midnight. I'll probably end up doing the same thing with the other rounds. :P

DNAbro
06-20-2011, 08:39 PM
I hope not, remember no mercy this time. I'll just adjust the number of people who will get eliminated if a lot of people don't get it in.

Proton Jon
06-20-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm aware of the deadline. I'm just trying to figure out what song to do. The two I originally wanted to do weren't exactly the most PG, so I opted for something a little cleaner.

notmman
06-21-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm aware of the deadline. I'm just trying to figure out what song to do. The two I originally wanted to do weren't exactly the most PG, so I opted for something a little cleaner.

Are you telling me S&M isn't PG? pshaw! :P

abyssmalstar
06-23-2011, 06:30 AM

That happened to me... Then i put my itunes on shuffle and found a song.

DarkMaster
06-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Alright for the song I plan to do there is no instrumental version of it on youtube so can i just record my voice over the song

JaggerG
06-23-2011, 03:05 PM
I hope so, I doubt my choice has an instrumental version. Maybe just make sure your voice is clear over the singer's?

DNAbro
06-23-2011, 03:24 PM
yeah guys that's okay. just make sure it's your voice being heard.

E.VIA
06-24-2011, 07:10 PM
I was going to sing Adele and then I realized how bad my voice would sound in comparison to hers.

Well that was my fail moment of the day.

abyssmalstar
06-25-2011, 12:21 AM
I was going to sing Adele and then I realized how bad my voice would sound in comparison to hers.

Well that was my fail moment of the day.

You don't worry about being compared to the actual singer, you worry about being compared to the other competitors. Every voice is different, and yes, Adele has a great voice, but it doesn't prevent everyone in the world from doing covers of her songs, no matter how good or bad they are!

DNAbro
06-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Remember guys, tomorrow is the last day. GET IT IN OR BE DISQUALIFIED.

I'll try and get one last reminder message tonight. You have to have it up by monday night or you are out.

i also be sending the judging rules to the judges.

rudy06
06-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Mine is uploading now. =D I didn't even for mine to be this late. It will be in sooner next time.

markus
06-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Wow these are all awesome performances keep it up :D

JaggerG
06-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Hey is this ending at midnight CDT or EDT or something?

DNAbro
06-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Hey is this ending at midnight CDT or EDT or something?

it ends tomorrow morning to avoid timezone issues. What time tomorrow morning im not exactly sure. 10:00 am est at the latest.

JaggerG
06-28-2011, 03:43 AM
I'm REALLY REALLY good at procrastinating. I've been sitting here for hours and didn't start recording until like 2am. >.> I seriously need to stop doing that.

DNAbro
06-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Okay so the first round is over! We had kind of a disappointing turn out, (less than last season), but it must go on!

Since we had so many disqualifications, only one person will be eliminated this time. If any of the judges read this you can send me your votes. If you didn't get the PM, remember rate each contestant out of 10 and send it to me.

nickyv917
06-28-2011, 08:40 PM
So when will we know if we move onto the next round? The anticipation is killing me.

DNAbro
06-28-2011, 08:43 PM
I'll tell you as soon as phil and bear send in there judging. they said they would get it in tonight.

MSico
06-28-2011, 09:21 PM
We just mailed in our scores! I made a proposal to DNAbro, we'll see what he says.

I'd like to give my notes to the contestants that entered. Bear probably won't be doing this, but I just wanted to give feedback. I'm not a voice coach or nothin' so don't take what I say too srsly :3

Notm- made me laugh. You're up against some tough competitors, though, like...

Jsatter- Whoa. Great range, sir. I'm very interested in seeing what this competition plays out but I expect to see you make it pretty far.

Pkmnfan- I can't believe two years ago was Kiss the Phil, you've come a long way since! (We just watched that video recently, so I'm allowed to say you've made a lot of progress) My only suggestion is that you find songs that show a bit of range, because this one was a bit more techno/spoken style, and compared to the more melodious numbers that were entered some of the lines felt a little flat. Great energy though.

Abyssmalstar- Were you playing the guitar as well? Because it sounded like you were, and Bear and I were pretty impressed. You've shown a great deal of talent with only one song so far, we're excited to see what else you have!

Rudy06- You clearly know how to play to your strengths. The song selection as well as your volume were spot on.

Nickyv- This was the only song I knew out of the ones entered, but I felt like you weren't as energetic in your performance as you might have liked to be. Also, you were trying to keep your range in the same octave as the original, and while I didn't notice anyplace where your own falsetto broke, I just want to suggest for future rounds that you try one round singing where your vocal range is comfortable and see how it feels. Make the song yours, because when you try to compare directly to the original artist, it's going to be tricky to come out ahead. You did good, though, just wanted to help!

Pictocheat- Another song that played to your strengths, but we both had to dock you a bit for being quieter than the song. It's fine to include it in the background and you sounded great! Just try to really put some volume into your words. Try singing with a forced smile on your face and see if the performance sounds more energetic _awesome_

ProtonJon- Your time working with your voice shows. I have little criticism, but I'd like to see some range and see what you have when you push yourself!

JaggerG- Firstly, we know what you sound like, and this was pretty impressive, because you sound exactly like the Meaty Cheesy Boys' lead singer. The song was subtle and dry, which you nailed. In fact, I'm close to convinced that it was your song in the first place. The only thing we have to say is that you blended into the song to where it was difficult to separate your particular performance.

That's it! Great first round, everybody _awesome_

nickyv917
06-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Trust me, I wanted to sing more energetically, but my dad and grandpa were asleep while I did this, since I was on vacation. I was literally in the garage sitting in my jeep singing "eye of the tiger" (bet that's never been done). I'll have the house to myself in the near future, so I'll be able to get more energy in the next round.

DNAbro
06-28-2011, 09:37 PM
So the first round is done! Great job people. So i guess you want to know who is out then. Well the person who is disqualified is....
[spoiler:2a4v1ihw]notm[/spoiler:2a4v1ihw]

If you are wondering about round 2, we are going to hold off for a day. I will announce the theme for Round 2 this friday. Good luck to all of our contestants.

JaggerG
06-28-2011, 09:43 PM
I tried not to sound too shy and yet not sing too loudly and proudly because my mom might overhear me at 2:30am as she tried to sleep. I felt especially nervous near the end, because it felt better to raise the volume/confidence up a notch, so hopefully I did a good job of hiding that. I hope I can refrain from procrastinating so much next round; afternoon is probably so much better a time for me to record.

notmman
06-28-2011, 09:49 PM
[spoiler:1r7shqzd][youtube:1r7shqzd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG9SnLjK6jM[/youtube:1r7shqzd][/spoiler:1r7shqzd]

_awesome_

MSico
06-28-2011, 09:54 PM
[spoiler:goy9ebsw][youtube:goy9ebsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG9SnLjK6jM[/youtube:goy9ebsw][/spoiler:goy9ebsw]

_awesome_

I DEMAND A REUNION EPISODE ...FOR WEEK TWO

notmman
06-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Lol Phil, I wish.

I do agree though, there was a really good batch of singers in this season. Jon, Jsatter and pkmnfan to name a few.

StopDropAndBear
06-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Awesome work everyone! I was seriously impressed, you guys are good. :shock:
I'm just sorry someone had to go :( Thanks for being a good sport, notm!

the1stpkmnfan
06-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Way to go everyone, this was a really good start for Round 1. Sorry to see you go notm, you're at least part of our Top 8. :) I think all the contestants further on should do Post-Elimination speeches, too, like the contestants do on the show. Really brings some light into the competition and what we learned from it.

Can't wait for Round 2!

edit: Oh yeah, thank you also for the notes as well Phil. The song definitely wasn't in perfect range with my voice, but I'll change that for the next round. And imo, I don't think I've changed much since Kiss the Phil. xD It's been awhile since I last watched that video on my channel.

rudy06
06-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the notes! I'm looking into possibly getting a better mic, as I'm just using a headset mic. I'm thankful for Audacity and the ability to increase/decrease amplitude (volume)!

JaggerG
06-29-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm thankful for Audacity and the ability to increase/decrease amplitude (volume)!
Same here, I had my voice at +7dB and the song at -10dB. ;>_>

abyssmalstar
07-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Great round everyone! Sorry to see you go, Notm, bit your farewell speech was hilarious.

Also: yes that was sharon, my acoustic guitar in be like that. Audrey, my electric, might be my partner next round, depending on the theme : D

DNAbro
07-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Just to let you guys know, im going to announce the theme for the 2nd round tonight at 8:00 est.

DNAbro
07-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Round 2 Contestants

Round 2 Contestants
[spoiler:37552wdt]1stpkmnfan
pictocheat
jsatter13
nickyv917
rudy06
ProtonJon
Abyssmalstar
JaggerG[/spoiler:37552wdt]

Okay Round 2 coming up and the theme for this round will be...

[spoiler:37552wdt]70's music![/spoiler:37552wdt]

To set the mood...

[youtube:37552wdt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlzlNpttvVM[/youtube:37552wdt]

round 2 link -> viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14891 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14891)

the1stpkmnfan
07-01-2011, 06:10 PM
When does this round end? The day the Star Wars marathon ends? Or the week that follows.

DNAbro
07-01-2011, 06:11 PM
i was just about to snipe edit it to before you posted. and same as last week two weeks unless you guys can get it in earlier. So the 15th.

nickyv917
07-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Oh, I know exactly what I'm going to sing, and it will be hilarious. The song's from 1976, but it's not disco. :D

rudy06
07-02-2011, 06:33 AM
I have already picked out my song as well. It was actually one I had thought about doing for the first round.

the1stpkmnfan
07-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I chose my song the few minutes after this was announced. It's a song from 1971, but I'm hoping no one else picked it though. xp Still, I better do my song some justice.

rudy06
07-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Mine is also from 1971....>.> It would be funny if it was the same song. SING OFF!

jsatter13
07-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Well, mine's from 73, so hopefully no one picked it yet. I'll just be sure to get it in quickly just in case. :P

the1stpkmnfan
07-02-2011, 11:10 AM
If it's not Lennon, rudy, we'll be fine. :P

rudy06
07-02-2011, 01:53 PM
>.>....And um...if it is Lennon?

Is there any type of rule, I didn't see one, about more than one person singing the same song?

the1stpkmnfan
07-02-2011, 02:16 PM
I really don't there is a rule/problem with it. It's not the artist that's the same, just the song. Imo, it feels awkward when the same song is performed twice in a single round.

If you did take Imagine rudy, it's all good. I can keep looking. :P I really just checked two songs when I made my first choice lol. There's still a lot to chose from. x3

JaggerG
07-06-2011, 06:40 PM
I feel like my performance this round had been lacking compared to last round. I changed singing styles mid through it to emulate the original singer more, but it didn't help too much. Hope it's at least amusing though. If I do survive this round, I should probably come on step it up. ;>_>

the1stpkmnfan
07-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Ill have to admit, this round's theme isn't working too well for me either. I've been struggling to find the right song to sing. But I got one that'll have to do, which I hope to complete tomorrow. Oye. @.@

jsatter13
07-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Ill have to admit, this round's theme isn't working too well for me either. I've been struggling to find the right song to sing. But I got one that'll have to do, which I hope to complete tomorrow. Oye. @.@
I know how you feel, Pkmnfan. There aren't exactly a ton of songs in a bass range that were made in the 70s, so I'm having to go with one that may be a tad too high. Hopefully it'll turn out okay. :|

rudy06
07-07-2011, 06:21 AM
I know how you feel, Pkmnfan. There aren't exactly a ton of songs in a bass range that were made in the 70s, so I'm having to go with one that may be a tad too high. Hopefully it'll turn out okay. :|

I thought about singing a Bee Gees song....but that's just silly. There is no way I can sing an entire song in falsetto.

markus
07-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Wow the 70's good luck to you all! Hm Is anyone going to a Bruce Springsteen song? That I'd love to see :) But good luck to you all again!

nickyv917
07-14-2011, 06:04 PM
OK, so originally, I was going to do Big Balls by AC/DC but I decided against it for three reasons. 1) Trying to find a karaoke version of that song to sing over was like trying to find a virgin in a maturity ward. 2) Unless the judges have the exact same sense of humor as me, I probably would've been voted off just for the source material. And 3) The words aren't really sung, they're kind of just spoken. So, that why I decided to go with Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen instead.

Baltes
07-14-2011, 09:53 PM
And we'll have such fun!

nickyv917
07-14-2011, 11:23 PM
And we'll have such fun!Good to know I'm not the only person in the world who knows about that song.

Pictocheat
07-15-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm gonna drop out; I just haven't gotten into this contest as much as I thought I would. Good luck to everyone participating!

DNAbro
07-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Okay it's Saturday so that means this round is over!

This time only one person will be eliminated since one person did not get it in. I'll contact the judges sometime today. or if you see this, feel free to send me your judging ASAP.

abyssmalstar
07-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Link is fixed for my song. Sorry about what happened, whatever it was D=

MSico
07-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Looks like a few of you were struggling with finding the right song. As we started going through this seemed like it was going to be a tough round to judge because similar problems were cropping up, but there were a few who stood out. Here's what I'm going to say, constructive criticism for those who are interested:

Jagger: You took what we left you with last week and improved upon that, which worked for you. We could definitely hear your voice rather than the original (and backups). My only qualm was that your energy didn't match with the song selection. It felt a bit like Bob Dylan was trying to cover it. It might have been your way of making the song yours, but then midway through you changed to a falsetto, which was confusing.

Pkmnfan: You made me smile but your elocution is halting, like you were speaking the song. You were singing, because we could hear your range, it just felt like the words were getting clipped. Part of that is the nature of the song itself being neat so that the words pack more of an individual punch, and you had more energy this week. Good job but I think you can do better too.

rudy06: This one was the most difficult to judge. Your voice is good, but standing all by itself worked against you, because that's not how this song is meant to be. You made the song yours but future rounds I would suggest having a backing track that you can harmonize against.

jsatter: You have good range but some voice breaks/wavering (listen around the three minute mark), and your energy swelled as the song went on but was inconsistent. This might have been due to the length of the track, I'm not sure. Not bad, but you could do better as well.

protonjon: Just the right amount of energy for the song. Bear knew the original but I didn't, and it sounded very natural. There was one or two spots where you wavered for a second but overall this was more what I was looking for.

abyssmalstar: This was the standout this round. You had the right amount of energy, good range, and you made the song your own. If the other contestants haven't already, listen to this recording because it's exactly what I'm talking about in terms of not necessarily singing a song exactly the way you HEAR it, but the way YOU SING it. It's kind of a running joke that you can't sing Bon Jovi without singing just like Bon Jovi, and here we have a Beatles cover that stands by its own strengths. Great job.

nickyv: And this was everything I was trying to warn against. Instead of showing me your own energy, you attempted to emulate Brian May's and Freddie Mercury's falsettos- which if you can't do perfectly, will only stand up as being inadequate. And unfortunately that was about half the song. Sing in the key you're comfortable with, and if you're not sure, turn the music off partway through a song and hear how you sound relative to the singer. There was also a telltale part where you had the lyrics wrong, which while it wasn't a huge deal, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I only know which youtube video you had up to check the lyrics with because we had it up during our marathon to sing with, but the lyrics aren't "It's the LAW!" it's "Hizbillah". Freddy Mercury was actually of Indian descent, and he worked in religious undertones and diction into their works. Sorry Nicky :? better luck next time bud.

rudy06
07-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the notes, Phil. I couldn't find one for my range, which is why I just chalked it up solo. The normal range is a little higher and on the ends of the verses it gets high enough, lol. I really appreciate you and Bear taking the time!

DNAbro
07-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Just to let you guys know. The results will go up around 8 est tonight.

MSico
07-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the notes, Phil. I couldn't find one for my range, which is why I just chalked it up solo. The normal range is a little higher and on the ends of the verses it gets high enough, lol. I really appreciate you and Bear taking the time!

I see what you're sayin' :)

jsatter13
07-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the notes, Phil. This was a really hard round to pick, and this really wasn't the best song for me. As a result, it really wasn't a great performance. Hopefully I'll get a chance to improve next round. Thanks for taking the time for this, Phil! :)

abyssmalstar
07-17-2011, 03:44 PM
O_o! Really glad you liked my song. Ever since I head Let It Be for the first time, which was at my brother's High school choir concert, I have always loved it.... Then I found out it was by the Beatles... Loved it all the more! It was so weird when I went to listen to the song for tempo how fast the original is, because I felt that it should really be done a lot slower, so that's what I did.
Thanks again for all the comments!

DNAbro
07-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Okay the results are in!

The person not going on to round 3 is...

[spoiler:1h6sl36q]nickyv917[/spoiler:1h6sl36q]

I'll post Round 3 details tomorrow afternoon.

So say hello to our round 3 contestants.

[spoiler:1h6sl36q]1stpkmnfan
jsatter13
rudy06
ProtonJon
Abyssmalstar
JaggerG[/spoiler:1h6sl36q]

the1stpkmnfan
07-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks again for the notes Phil. Although greased lightning was fun to record, I can tell I could have done better. But for the next round, I'll do my best to make things different and wow you guys out.

StopDropAndBear
07-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Good effort everyone! Interested to see what next week will bring :)

JaggerG
07-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Yeah I kind of slacked off that round, figuring it had been early enough to do so and maybe barely scrape by. I remembered enjoying the song more before, but as I relistened to it, it seemed to specifically lack energy, and I just couldn't feel it out quite right; so I just plopped it up on the internets and played some super bombad racing. >.>

Sorry about that.

DNAbro
07-18-2011, 06:30 PM
okay a quick recap before round 3.

[spoiler:krejyd33]-Current Contestants-
Abyssmalstar
JaggerG
Jsatter13
ProtonJon
Rudy06
the1stpkmnfan

-Eliminated Contestants-

07.nickyv917 - "Eliminated" Round 2
08.pictocheat - Disquailified Round 2
09.notm - "Eliminated" Round 1
--.E.Via - Disqualified Round 1
--.Pokeyph - Disqualified Round 1
--.Crysagee - Disqualified Round 1
--.Baltes - Disqualified Round 1
--.TriforceSaturn - Disqualified Round 1
--.McCript - Disqualified Round 1
--.Scruff - Disqualified Round 1
--.Shinra114 - Disqualified Round 1
--.SupahKillah - Disqualified Round 1
--.DarkMaster - Disqualified Round 1
--.BlueBlur64 - Disqualified Round 1
--.Essentia - Disqualified Round 1
--.DrewStern - Disqualified Round 1
--.PantaroP - Disqualified Round 1[/spoiler:krejyd33][/quote]

(thanks to pkmnfan for this organized list)

okay for Round 3 the theme will be...

[spoiler:krejyd33]Games/TV/Movies[/spoiler:krejyd33]

In case you guys ask, try to avoid songs that do not originate from that game/show/movie. Examples that would be good: City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2, Pokemon Theme song, pretty much any disney song, etc.

the1stpkmnfan
07-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Make sure you update the contestant list and add it to the first post DNAbro. :P

And Movies/TV/Games, eh? I'm on it! Gonna be a good round.

abyssmalstar
07-18-2011, 07:36 PM
such a broad round! What to chooooosee?????? WHAT TO CHOOOOSEE!!!

rudy06
07-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Wow...this is awesome. I have two off the top of my head I would like to try. This feels like such a broader category this time too. This round is going to be exciting.

jsatter13
07-18-2011, 09:58 PM
I was hoping this would be the next round. I leave on vacation tomorrow, so hopefully I can record the song I picked out already early tomorrow. :)

notmman
07-19-2011, 03:51 AM
nicky has to do a elimination speech like I did. All contestants do. :twisted:

nickyv917
07-19-2011, 12:33 PM
nicky has to do a elimination speech like I did. All contestants do. :twisted:working on it.

Nightlingbolt
07-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Okay, I'm calling it! Proton Jon is singing Still Alive!

abyssmalstar
07-27-2011, 07:06 AM
This started to die............ PHOENIX DOWN! GO!

the1stpkmnfan
07-30-2011, 12:40 AM
I'm relieved the deadline is Monday, so I got all the time in the morning tomorrow to send in my entry. I've been crazy busy for the last few days (with work, etc.) Hopefully tomorrow I'll be safe from disqualification.

DNAbro
07-31-2011, 07:31 AM
Remember guys, tomorrow is the last day. A lot of people still need to get there stuff in. I will send a reminder sometime today.

Nightlingbolt
07-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Okay, I honestly have to say, Jon is dating himself with his entry. Still good, though.

Proton Jon
07-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Okay, I honestly have to say, Jon is dating himself with his entry. Still good, though.

...you know they still air reruns of The Littlest Hobo on TV, right?

DNAbro
07-31-2011, 05:52 PM

so that's where it came from. i had no idea what it was

JaggerG
08-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Sorry for the delay, I'm just procrastinating again. I'm really tired at the moment, so hopefully I can get it in tonight.

Nightlingbolt
08-01-2011, 04:40 PM

Oh, really? What channel?

Proton Jon
08-01-2011, 10:36 PM

Oh, really? What channel?

These are Canadian channels so I don't know if you get them, but NTV and CTV still air the show from time to time.

JaggerG
08-01-2011, 11:07 PM
I had been super shy for some reason. So odd, I should have been getting MORE confident since I entered....

DrewStern
08-02-2011, 10:34 AM
These are fun to listen to, enjoying listening to members sing they're hearts out. You guys are very good!

JaggerG
08-02-2011, 11:23 AM
It's pretty fun. My favorite part is that even though I have the excuse of having never really sung in public before and don't exactly plan on making a career of it, I still get really self-conscious and irritated if I do poorly. I relisten to my entries a couple times and cringe because it reminds me of my nervousness during the recording.

SO FUN! ^_^

rudy06
08-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I must say that it makes me terribly nervous every time I put a link to a video up. I have all the self-conscious voices yelling at me as I hit "Submit". XD

MSico
08-02-2011, 09:54 PM
SCORES ARE IN. All up to DNAbro now!

abyssmalstar:
Neither Bear nor myself know anything about Kingdom Hearts, but that didn't influence our scores, you did a good job. I don't feel that this particular song, both in length and range, really suits your ability, but for the round it was all right. You hit right in the middle of the pack this week, and I suggest trying to bump up your energy to stand out as the contestants start being eliminated.

jsatter:
This song is hilarious. While I felt that you didn't quite pack the same punch as the original, this was a really solid cover. You were articulate and melodious, but this could have had a pinch of emotion behind it, like you're (as the singer) incredulous at how bitterly evil the Grinch is. xD This was almost the breakaway winner this round-- you're close! Just a bit of refining and I think you could clinch it.

rudy06:
Last week I think I docked you for lacking background vocals, but as this song was meant to be a showtune/musical number, this week it completely smashed my expectations. You were soulful and also made the cover your own by changing it up a bit to emulate the other version you'd heard. Solid!

pkmnfan:
Altogether I think you could have done better this round, because your voice comes across too low for some parts of the song you picked. I don't know what to point you towards that would fit how deep your voice is, but I think you're having trouble getting your energy across because of it. Some people have more luck finding something that sounds like them and then working from there; give a pass at jsatter's song and try that one since it's tailor-made for deeper voices, and see how you like it.

ProtonJon
Solid energy bro. Bear knew the song within one second of it coming up and my attention was divided between listening to your song and watching her lip synch along xD You're going to be one of the top contenders as this continues.

Jagger
I made the suggestion to Bear that there was a subliminal message in your song selection regarding your status in the contest, but when she asked me to be more specific I couldn't because it was TOO subliminal. In any case, my critique is that I'd like to hear more songs that can complement your style.

DNAbro
08-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Thank you judges for getting the votes in. But so i can have a little suspense, im waiting to tell you guys the results till tomorrow.

the1stpkmnfan
08-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Suspense is killing me actually. Thinking about it now, and looking at Phil's notes, I got to get my focus straight. No matter what the result is tomorrow. I'll want to greatly improve, thank you again Phil and judges.

rudy06
08-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Once again, I really appreciate the comments, Phil. It means a lot.

Now...to see who is left and what the next theme will be especially since this one was such a great theme and gave us plenty of flexibility.

jsatter13
08-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks again for the comments, Phil. I really didn't think I would be able to match the original, but I'm glad you enjoyed it regardless.

I'm really excited about the results and the next theme. Hopefully the next round will have a theme as good as this one.

DNAbro
08-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Okay time for the closest elimination we have had yet. This will be the final 2 person elimination.

and the two people who will not be going on the the 4th round are...

[spoiler:3roonnp0]JaggerG
the1stpkmnfan[/spoiler:3roonnp0]

You guys did a great job throughout this competition!

The round 4 details will be going up Friday. So stay tuned.

the1stpkmnfan
08-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I'll admit it was a good attempt, but I gotta try even harder when it comes to competitions like this. Not my strongest performance, but something to gain after all this, I have definitely take understanding of. Thanks again for letting me participate DNA, Judges and I wish the Top 4 the best of luck for what's to come. I'm really looking forward to what y'all bring in Round 4 and beyond.

This is me, signing out~

Muzy72
08-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Only 4 people left :o

JaggerG
08-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Despite my sarcasm in the previous post, I did enjoy the experience. Sure, I felt I had to force myself to submit some entries, but this competition likely helps me in the long run. Thanks for the lessons. Best of luck to the rest of you. I'm not at all surprised any of you remaining have lasted this long; the last rounds should be pretty good listens.

DNAbro
08-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Okay the theme for this week is 21st century music. AKA everything from 2000 onward.

Same rules as before, 2 weeks BUT if you want get it in ASAP.

Sorry for the hasty post. Ive been so forgetful about this >_<

abyssmalstar
08-22-2011, 09:37 PM
BAM. everyone's in =D

MSico
08-22-2011, 10:39 PM
This was by far the toughest round to critique. For the record, Bear and I scored everyone the same, independently of each other, because that's how clear to us everyone did. It was a solid effort and we're going to have to get nitpicky in order to progress. Everyone who has participated in TSG Idol so far (EVEN YOU NOTM <3 ) deserves full congratulations for showcasing their talents.

jsatter
Your voice noticeably warbled a few times; it feels like you were trying to sing in a different range than the song was, which is fine, but it sounded as though you were holding back. Or, more likely, being held back by the song. It's difficult to pin down. You had energy, but the song didn't, or at least it came across that way. I want to hear you sing this exact song again except force yourself to smile during the full recording and see how it sounds that way.

rudy06
You did really well for this round. Your voice matched the song you picked and it was very easy to picture your voice as the original songwriter, because of how natural it sounded. Not as much energy as I would have liked, but, that's more to do with song selection because you nailed this style.

Abyssmalstar
While taking your own style to songs has helped a great deal, in this selection it was like listening to a slow cover of an already semi-slow song. It works in some places, but in others just by the way it fell it seemed to drop the song into spots of silence entirely at some parts. Now, in my personal opinion, the best songs know how to use silence as a tool for contrast, but here it was too quick and sporadic to be useful. We didn't dock you for song selection although "get yourself inside her" towards the end definitely made us giggle.

ProtonJon
Out of the others this round, I felt this was the only song with a great deal of range. Rather the opposite of what you said, I felt your energy rose during the song instead of dying out; perhaps you noticed it happening and got louder to compensate. (I did catch some audio hissing with s's as the song went on.) This wasn't the top of your game, but I think you'll be fortunate that the technical aspects were outweighed by your energy and range.

notmman
08-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Everyone who has participated in TSG Idol so far (EVEN YOU NOTM <3 ) deserves full congratulations for showcasing their talents.

:oops: N'aww shucks. :)

DNAbro
08-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Okay time to reveal our final 3 contestants. The contestant that will NOT be going on the the final round is...

[spoiler:2b455xd4]jsatter[/spoiler:2b455xd4]

Great job to everyone who made it this far. All of you guys can really sing.

But with that we move on to the final round, i won't post the final thread yet but it will be your own choice. So get as much practice as you can in it before posting it.

Abyssmalstar
ProtonJon
Rudy06

i wish you luck!

Proton Jon
08-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Oh man, thank goodness the last round's singer's choice. I've had a song I've wanted to sing for a while but it didn't fit into any of the other categories (Well, besides Round 1).

Will it be the same two weeks deadline?

DNAbro
08-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Oh man, thank goodness the last round's singer's choice. I've had a song I've wanted to sing for a while but it didn't fit into any of the other categories (Well, besides Round 1).

Will it be the same two weeks deadline?

Try to get it in two weeks. Since this is the final round if there is a need for extensions i will probably allow it.

abyssmalstar
08-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Once again, thanks for the critiques, Judges :D
I must say, that innuendo was also TOTALLY IN SHREK. Just btws.

As for our choice ... bleh I have to think about this one now...

lastly, Congrats to ProtonJon and Rudy, and even more Congrats to the tsg community for proving once again that we are AWWWEEEEESSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE through this contest, because every contestant was great and was so much fun to listen to 8D

jsatter13
08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, its been a good run, guys. Sad as I am to go out, I had a lot of fun with it. Hopefully I'll get my speech in before much longer. d _awesome_ b

the1stpkmnfan
08-23-2011, 08:38 PM
You went out with a bang Jsatter, congrats nonetheless, you were great~

Congrats to the Top 3 as well, and I wish the best for you guys. Can't wait to see yall sing it out for the Winners spot!

rudy06
08-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Once again, thanks for all the judges' time and comments! Sad to see you go Jsatter, but you did well!

It's time to find the next song now...It's funny how I was still able to sing most of the songs I thought about singing so now I have to think of one.

notmman
08-27-2011, 06:41 AM
[spoiler:a3th2tqe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpmIQ-tyI7o[/spoiler:a3th2tqe]

What my actual singing sounds like ( I just chose a random song at the start) Between 1:40 and 2:00 it drops off a bit, but it comes back eventually.

abyssmalstar
09-11-2011, 11:17 AM
My last song is going up today... A song that I've always loved, and its kind of apt for this competition's last round i guess =D

DNAbro
09-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Okay Phil has informed me that he won't be able to judge until Monday because he is out of town. So....SUSPENSE!!!

rudy06
09-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Not the suspense! It's been suspenseful enough waiting for ProtonJon to post his song...and now this on top of it?

To the other two who made it this far, great job! I enjoyed listening to both of your songs throughout the entire time. I thought Abyssmalstar gave it an extra special touch every time he played guitar and it helped him pull the listener in. ProtonJon had pieces that I wasn't always familiar with but were definitely interesting in their own right (in addition to what I thought was great vocal control!) It's been a blast guys! Now it is time to sit on my hands so I don't keep fidgeting from anticipation.

I bet Phil is actually watching this smiling. I bet the Hat gave him the idea to make us squirm.

StopDropAndBear
09-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Phil and I are gonna get to this as soon as possible, he was insanely busy this weekend and is pretty fried, but rest assured, we're excited to see this through to the end!

Kylethedarkn
09-20-2011, 09:12 PM
I had to save the world this weekend and I still got my vote in, what's your excuse other judges? XD

Nah, I almost forgot because of school stuff and my computer crashed on top of that, so it's understandable.

StopDropAndBear
09-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Alright, we just got our scores in! Sorry for keeping you all in agonizing suspense.

It's been a blast, I've been consistently impressed with you guys week after week, and believe me when I say this was an INSANELY tough decision. Our scores were ridiculously close, so whoever comes out on top, it's going to be by a hair. Either way, you should all be proud! <3

MSico
09-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Wow. Literally, our scores for everyone were all within one half point of each other. It's up to Kyle now!

Rudy- It was an excellent song choice, although it felt like your soulfulness sometimes spilled over into some parts where the words blend together. A bit of energy could have knocked this into the stratosphere. Your voice fits very well though.

Abyssmalstar- I'm going to call it like I called Rudy's entry, a bit of energy to put a stamp on this song and it would have been the points difference to solidify you as the standout. Still, a great performance with a good selection.

Jon- HMM. Once the last score comes in we'll find out for sure, but I'm a bit concerned that the higher part just might not have been up to the same level as the remainder of the song. Your harmony was good but those high notes were just noticeable for being out of range.

It's truly a game of half-points. A tough round to be sure, and all of you have done so well getting here. I THINK THE REAL WINNER WAS ME FOR GETTING TO LISTEN TO ALL YOUR PURTY SONGS. Also I might be a little drunk. <3 But congratulations and I hope you guys come back next time because this was awesome to be a part of!

abyssmalstar
09-22-2011, 01:10 AM
To all the judges, along with DNABro,
Thank you for sticking this through to the end. I know each of the competitors had just as much fun as I did, and we wouldn't have been able to have so much fun without you three Judges and you the only host sticking with us. DNABro, you made this competition so much fun, and you put a lot of effort into it, and I'm really glad it turned out the way it did, whatever way that ends up being. Judges, thanks for listening to every song we sung, be them short or be them long, you intently listened to us and I hope I can speak for all the competitors past and present when I say that we are very happy you did!

And to all the competitors, especially Rudy and Jon,
Congratulations for helping make this a great tournament, and I know that I will come out of here with a win in the book just because I had so much fun with this competition in every respect, well, maybe less on the waiting bit :P (/cliche). Rudy and Jon, Congrats to you two for getting here, and helping me to have a blast with this whole thing. Only one of us will win, and honestly, I would not be disappointed in the least if it wasn't me. You two are fabulous singers, and I hope you both know that.
And finally to my dinosaur friends,
RAWRRAWR RRAAAWWWWRRRRRRAWRRAWR RAWR RAWWRWRAAWWRRAWRRAAAWWWWWWWWWR RAWRAWRAWRRAWRAWRAAWR RAWR RAWWWWR RAWR RAWR.

Thanks to all for an awesome TSG Idol, and hopefully we have another one of these again, and I know it'll be a lot of fun then too.
Abyss

DNAbro
09-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Okay the results were in and something a bit unexpected happened. There was a tie.

The two people who tied were Proton Jon and Abyssmalstar.

(i want to thank rudy for doing amazingly during this competition. i was expecting you to win this competition too.)

Okay so im going to give you guys a choice. I can either get one more judge to decide who wins OR you guys can do one more round. Can you two decide what you want to do? I also want to ask the judges on what they think we should do.

abyssmalstar
09-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm with Jon (from his tweet), and think that a final round would be really fun, and would be a great way to end it.

That being said, I even suggest that the final round, should we have one, be Judges choice, rather than contestants choice, or something along those lines.

rudy06
09-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Congratulations, you two! I would love to see an additional round (especially since I don't have to do anything for it =D ). It was awesome to make it as far as I did with you two. I think both of you have great voices and styles in singing!

Thanks Dnabro for hosting the tournament and your kind words! You had some great ideas for this. My only wish was that more of the people who signed up would have competed. I hope that this is done again in the future.

Also thanks to all the judges for your time and comments! I really appreciate you spending the time to give feedback, let alone listen. Maybe I should revive Notm's farewell video idea. XD

Proton Jon
09-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Well, I already stated on Twitter that I'd want an extra singing round, but hopefully enough time is allotted for me to get over this cold so I can sing without being stuffed up.

Would it be another free choice round?

Also, not gonna lie, thought I was gonna be in third place this round. Sorry to see you go rudy, I liked your song.

DNAbro
09-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Yes i would like it to be free choice. I don't think it would be good for judges choice imo. Just make sure it's at the highest possible.

StopDropAndBear
09-22-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm fine either way, so if you guys want to sing one more time, I say go for it :)

Kylethedarkn
09-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Yeah I'm up for it. Though, should it be a challenge round? Make up your own lyrics to an instrumental song?

MSico
09-22-2011, 07:53 PM
JUDGES' CHOICE :evil: I DEMAND THE ARMOUR HOT DOG SONG

Kylethedarkn
09-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Alright new judges rule. Phil doesn't make any more judge's decisions. XD

But yeah that song works.

DNAbro
09-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Well if Jon and Abyssmal want to do that song that's fine. But yeah there choice.

abyssmalstar
09-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Well, I'm fine with whatever.

Also, I'd like to congratulate Rudy on getting to the final 3. You were an amazing person to listen to every round of this competition.

the1stpkmnfan
09-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Alrighty:

Astounding job to you Rudy! You blew me away this competition!

Congrats to both Abyss and Proton Jon for meeting at the Top 2. And DNA, I would have to agree now, :P, a final round between the two seems fair.

Then you could reveal the winner on the last day of the SMB3 Fanfest. :P

Proton Jon
09-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Alrighty:

Astounding job to you Rudy! You blew me away this competition!

Congrats to both Abyss and Proton Jon for meeting at the Top 2. And DNA, I would have to agree now, :P, a final round between the two seems fair.

Then you could reveal the winner on the last day of the SMB3 Fanfest. :P

Haha, if the fanfest is done in the next seven days then there's no way I'll have a song ready. I can barely talk, let alone sing.

the1stpkmnfan
09-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Ah, I hear ya. I don't wanna rush you two. Just an idea I thought about throwing out. :P

MSico
09-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Alright new judges rule. Phil doesn't make any more judge's decisions. XD

How about NASTY by Janet Jackson?

DNAbro
10-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Okay! I have put up the final round between Abyssmalstar and Jon here. good luck to the both of yous.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=16048 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=16048)

Muzy72
11-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Will there ever be a winner? >.>

DNAbro
11-25-2011, 09:42 PM
_dead2_ ....i forgot about this... _dead2_

i will contact jon and abysmalstar

Muzy72
11-25-2011, 09:44 PM
_dead2_ ....i forgot about this... _dead2_

I blame Skyward Sword :P

abyssmalstar
12-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Mine's going up now :D

DNAbro
01-04-2012, 06:40 PM
OH HEY REMEMBER THIS????

Looks like the last two contestants finally got there submissions in. and it only took much longer than i should have allowed.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=16048&p=536398#p536398 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=16048&p=536398#p536398)

So i need to get Phil, Bear, and Kyle to vote.

DNAbro
01-15-2012, 10:14 PM
GUESS WHAT I HAVE!!!!!!!!

TEH WINNERS.

And the winner is....
[spoiler:hpddih1q]Abyssmalstar[/spoiler:hpddih1q]

I would like to thank EVERYONE who participated and Proton Jon for finishing it. Phil, Bear, and Kyle too for getting there voting in, usually in really good time.

Final thoughts for the season, well it was going fine until the end which just became a huge clusterbomb. My methods of trying to keep it orgainized just backfired and this season became awkward. I'm not sure if there will be a 3rd season at this current point.

Daskichan
01-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Congratulations to Abyssmalstar for the win~! It was a very long road but I thoroughly enjoyed everyone's submissions and talented voices. :]

DNA, if you need help organizing season 3, I can most definitely help you with that. : D

Muzy72
01-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Congratulations to Abyssmalstar for the win~! It was a very long road but I thoroughly enjoyed everyone's submissions and talented voices. :]

DNA, if you need help organizing season 3, I can most definitely help you with that. : D
...I smell an official TSG event coming along _awesome_

[ Post made via Samsung Epic ]

rudy06
01-15-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm glad someone was finally declared the winner. =D

DNABro, even though near the end it became messy ...and technically at the beginning the turnout was less than expected, I had a lot of fun doing it. It was a great experience and was a blast to both perform AND see what others here can do. Anyone who participated in this, whether they were out in the first round or the last, receives respect in my book for both having the courage to do it and the willingness to try. XD

Sidenote: I have to change my avatar...it's both scaring me and getting annoying. XD Bye bye Rust Link.

notmman
01-16-2012, 12:26 AM
I gotta admit, I kinda wanna do season 3 for the hopes of being able to get as far as round 3.

But seriously, this was fun to listen to as well as watch.

Daskichan
01-16-2012, 06:01 AM
...I smell an official TSG event coming along _awesome_

[ Post made via Samsung Epic ]

Haha if and only if DNABro doesn't want to do a Season 3. ;3

abyssmalstar
01-16-2012, 07:12 AM
umm. Wow! Thank you all so much :D

I know I had tons of fun singing and recording all of these songs, and I'm glad that there was a conclusion to it. I want to congratulate ProtonJon and Rudy specifically for being finalists (Remember rudy, that round was techincally the finals). I'd also like to congratulate and thank everyone else that sang for this. Thanks to the judges, Phil, Bear and Kyle. You all were great and patient. Thanks specifically to all the comments that Phil put down because those helped me grow as a singer in developing more of my ow style.
I'd also like to thank DNABro for hosting all of this. It became messy, but you still pulled it all together.
But lastly I'd like to thank Sharon. She helped me get all the way here, and she's an amazing, amazing piece of wood and steel. Yes I name my guitars.

I honestly couldn't tell who would win this competition, and of course i'm happy I won, but I'd like to say that everyone who participated was amazing, and made this compeition worth finishing.

Also: if season 3 rolls around, I'd be glad to help host/judge/whatever as well. OR I could compete again and see if I win again :P

Lastly but certainly not least, if there are any headlines about this, i would like them to be: "America prevails over Canada" (just kidding Proton. well, at least a little kidding.)

Edit: also DASKI FOR ADMIN

DNAbro
01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
I do think Daski should take control for the next season. Make it much more official. I also want to say the competition this time was actually much better and we got some people with real talent.

Daskichan
01-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Well thank you DNA~ I'll be sure to keep in touch with you to make sure Season 3 Runs smoothly. ;3

MSico
01-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Congrats to everyone for competing! Even if you don't think you did very well... at least I listened to ALL YOUR SONGS! And they were great fun to listen to. I'm still upset "Kiss The Phil" wasn't entered though :P

the1stpkmnfan
01-16-2012, 10:30 PM
@Phil - Haha, I'll surely reminisce that for a hopeful third season next time.

But also, I really had fun this time around for season 2, and sure it was bumpy but we got to a conclusion. So that's better than anything I could ask for, and I thank you DNAbro for getting that initiative onward.

After being in Choir again last semester, and practicing my singing, I wanna really improve and give this competition another shot. A long and learning break was what I needed. SO LET'S BRING IT ON. But we'll need another break before that can happen.

Congrats to Abyss for the win, and to my fellow contestants for singing your hearts out. And I'm glad Jon got the chance to compete this time around. Hope to see more of you guys give it a try, too, it'll be more fun to have a huge contest. :)

JasefWisener
01-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Aw yeah official event time.

And congrats for winning!

jsatter13
01-18-2012, 09:05 PM
I was actually afraid for a while that this thing would never get finished, but it ended really well. Congrats to Abyss for winning! Everyone really did great who entered, no matter how you thought it went. :P

There was definitely a huge improvement this time over last season, and I really hope there's a season 3 so things can go even smoother. There really is a lot of talent here at TSG. :D