PDA

View Full Version : Season 5 information - The Sidove Reigon! (GEN 4 ONLY)

ck14500
06-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Welcome Trainer to Season 5 of the TSG Pokemon League…
You have reached the town of Scorpionville of the Sidove Region where you will begin your journey. There are many paths on earning your title of Pokemon Battle Master…

Allow me to introduce myself, I am: PokeMaster Calvin
I have asked 4 former gym leaders to come back and take on the challenge of Gym Leader…
Kmmgreen5…. The1stpkmnfan….pkgamerB…..Sonic62…
These 4 already know what to do and I know that they will become a challenge to everyone…

I have also asked 4 new Gym Leaders to setup and take on the challenge…
Etcspectre.…BroBuzz…abyssmalstar…Brineboy….

Once you beat all 8 gym leaders you have complete the Gym Leader challenge of the Sidove Region…then GOOD JOB! You defeat this season and earned yourself the Pikachu Shocking Approval!

Take your time with this run… this season runs from June 7 to September 3…
Trainer I wish you the best of luck…
*Pikachu stamps your Trainer ID*

Signed,
Calvin

edit: Berseked has asked to step down this time around so Brineboy has graciously setup in this situation!

deadbrain
06-02-2011, 06:24 PM
[spoiler:3dsuf7gi]

yea, i was mostly doing it as a "mind game" kind of thing, because i didnt get paralasis on it. >=\ and i didnt want you to predict my switch to meta... =D

but ok, and ill be ready for that day when we battle and i dominate again. _awesome_

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Sinsei55/HAHAnoOwl.jpg[/spoiler:3dsuf7gi]

looks like we will get to see soon brobuzz. >=)

as for etc...pk..............................sonic....... ............................pkmnfan
.....................kmm...........oh dear......looking forward to this! >=D

ditto493
06-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I can't wait for this to begin! Good luck everyone!

[spoiler:269kscaf]I want to be the best

There ever was.

To beat all the rest

Yeah, that's my cause.[/spoiler:269kscaf]

the1stpkmnfan
06-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Yall are going to have a WONDERFUL time going through our Gym Battles, trying to defeat us. >:3

I'll tell you, it won't be easy. (Hope I'm making an exciting challenge here)

Good luck to everyone! :)

BroBuzz
06-02-2011, 09:08 PM
[spoiler:2gbds3ig]

yea, i was mostly doing it as a "mind game" kind of thing, because i didnt get paralasis on it. >=\ and i didnt want you to predict my switch to meta... =D

but ok, and ill be ready for that day when we battle and i dominate again. _awesome_

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Sinsei55/HAHAnoOwl.jpg[/spoiler:2gbds3ig]

looks like we will get to see soon brobuzz. >=)

as for etc...pk..............................sonic....... ............................pkmnfan
.....................kmm...........oh dear......looking forward to this! >=D
Looking forward to it. _awesome_
BTW can I post my Gym now Calvin? Or do I have to verify everything is good with you?

Justinp
06-03-2011, 05:48 AM
I'm really excited about all the gym leaders :). I dunno how many times I've battled pkGamer but I feel like I have a few times and each time, I lose. So I'm planning on never getting his badge <_<;

DarkMaster
06-03-2011, 07:04 AM
This will be a very fun season and I will make sure that I win all the badges

the1stpkmnfan
06-04-2011, 04:10 PM
I love how my gym will be open on Tuesday yet none of my pokemon are ready. I don't even have all my pokemon assembled. Xp but no worries, I got all day tomorrow to train and hope for the best. My gym will also be posted up when I get the chance to tonight. Y'all will be surprised but then not surprised. Deep hint ftw.

ck14500
06-04-2011, 04:31 PM
One of the gym leaders will open their gym by next week, due to a trip to florida and I kind of wanted to start the season sooner then later.. but then again u guys have time so i'm not worried...

etcspectre
06-04-2011, 10:20 PM
No problem at all, we don't all need to be open at once... Heck, I could open immediately if y'all wanted me to _awesome_

kmmgreen5
06-04-2011, 10:23 PM
lol i should've brought my heartgold game with me down here since it turns out we have internet @.@

welp i'll see if i can copy paste my stuff over for my new gym here soon

the1stpkmnfan
06-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Just made a promotional video for this season. _awesome_

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14532 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14532)

kmmgreen5
06-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Just made a promotional video for this season. _awesome_

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14532 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14532)

BRO BUZZ IS VIDEO

but in other news i finally opened my gym so people can start the battlein

ck14500
06-15-2011, 06:20 PM
haha pkmnfan

BroBuzz
06-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Ahh yeah, I'm a video. I feel special nao. :3

the1stpkmnfan
06-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Ooops. I get what I did wrong now. xD

Here's the real link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbl8IHDLwXw

kmmgreen5
06-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Ooops. I get what I did wrong now. xD

dam pkmn fan were u even trying

kmmgreen5
06-15-2011, 08:32 PM
also that video is amazing

Brineboy
06-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Awesome video pkmnfan good job :thumbs:

ck14500
06-19-2011, 02:43 AM
Love the video!!

Minor Changes are a coming to the PokeLeague very soon!

DarkMaster
06-29-2011, 07:02 PM
hmm what changes would that be

MultipurposeGamer
06-30-2011, 12:15 AM
So I assume legal hacks are allowed?

ck14500
06-30-2011, 12:36 AM
define legal hacks...cuz that depends

etcspectre
06-30-2011, 01:31 AM
I think I know what they mean, ones that don't have all 31 IVs and have 'legal' EV values(with a total of 512, with no one value containing more than 255), and abilities and moves that pokemon would normally have.

The only difference being that it was created using an action replay and pokesav, instead of breeding, hatching and training it the old fashioned way...

Where the old fashioned way takes days or even weeks to make a complete team perfect(though that's probably just for me since I'm lazy and not that good at EV training), the pokesav method takes only an hour or so once you get the hang of it.

Since a 'legal' hacked pokemon isn't an unfair advantage in the least, it's more of a judgement call about the difference in time and effort in the creation of the team...

ck14500
06-30-2011, 01:44 AM
This rule, there was a discussion in the League rules about this... and I hate having to make the final judgement call... I'm going to say....no... even though i feel like i'm going to get the reason "but you wouldn't know" or "it was just for..."

i'm doing this because if one trainer does it then everyone would want to do it, and not all of us can get AR or pokesav...to do all of it... and I also frown because i hate ARs in general (personal opinion) for that but I'm going to say no on Legal Hacks

pkGamerB
06-30-2011, 01:49 AM
Actually, it's completely possible to use Pokesav without purchasing AR, so it technically is an option available to everyone (if you have a computer and wifi, you can use Pokesav). Personally, I don't mind either way, but I can definitely see the usefulness of legal hacking when you're very limited on time. Having bred over 50 Pokemon in my time, I know how hard it is to get a team together, especially if you like changing teams often or trying more creative sets.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the one catch to using Pokesav without AR is that you'd have to trade one of your Pokemon to someone who does have AR first so they can find your secret id for you, which is needed for legal hacks.

ck14500
06-30-2011, 01:51 AM
I know but i think i'll just keep the ruling as is, i know its tough, but it's just how i'm putting this one down

pkGamerB
06-30-2011, 01:53 AM
It's understandable. Even on Smogon, you have to make sure the person battling you knows you'll be using legal hacks before you start, so it's not something that everyone accepts.

MultipurposeGamer
06-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Ok, it's understandable. I've done both legal hacks and regular Breeding. Legal hacks is just a moral issue, because as etcspectre pointed out it has the same characteristics as normal breeding. I've only just used legal hacks as of last week, and I find it quite useful. I'm opposed to the AR in every other way though as I only use legal hacks not on my main game.