PDA

View Full Version : Calling all followers of Christ!

Cross-Warrior
03-11-2009, 12:53 AM
God has put it on my heart to gather all of His followers from these forums into one stream, and talk with you guys. About loads of different things, from why we are here to who knows. This stream wont be happening for a while, probably when i start up the new quarter (three weeks away), which gives me spring break to pray about it and prepare more with God. most likely it will be on a Saturday evening.

I'll give more details on when its at. Going to make a new channel for this so its more related towards God than video games.

Why am i getting this out here early, because if i dont, ill forget, and not do it, like so many other things that i have wanted to do on these forums.

FYI, This is open to anyone and everyone. You dont have to be a follower of Christ, but the topic will be all about God.

here is the link
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/warriors-of-christ

keep an eye out, ill be telling when the next stream is!

God Bless!

iHeart_Absol
03-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Do you really think this is a good idea? Religion is a weird topic and I think you should keep that subject on the down low. No offense since I am Catholic. But I just feel like this is a little too...iffy.

03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
yeah me to even though i am also catholic.......

iHeart_Absol
03-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Also, there is a risk of offending someone. I know my friend that just joined is deffinitely not Christian. I'm sure there are plenty of others here that are the same way. I sense many good intentions in this, but it's not the right subject to talk about when such a mass of people come here.

WiiFanBoy
03-11-2009, 03:21 PM
i think its a good idea
Absol sometimes you need to throw political correctness out the window
Great idea Cross
and i am a Methodist

iHeart_Absol
03-11-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm just saying for the good of the site. Cross can do it if he wants but he should gather people outside of the site. That's just my opinion =P

Cross-Warrior
03-11-2009, 06:45 PM
thanks for expressing your opinion Absol, but when God tells me to do something, im not going to back down from it. Yes Religion is a touchy subject, i know this, but that doesnt mean i cant gather those who do believe and talk to them. im not trying to force anyone to believe in anything, if people come to listen, im wont force them to believe or anything. I will try to answer any questions i can that they might ask.

And i think this is a perfect idea to get people of the same belief as me together and be a united group under Christ.

03-11-2009, 06:46 PM
thanks for expressing your opinion Absol, but when God tells me to do something, im not going to back down from it. Yes Religion is a touchy subject, i know this, but that doesnt mean i cant gather those who do believe and talk to them. im not trying to force anyone to believe in anything, if people come to listen, im wont force them to believe or anything. I will try to answer any questions i can that they might ask.

And i think this is a perfect idea to get people of the same belief as me together and be a united group under Christ.
It is like a youth group :D

iHeart_Absol
03-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Ok, we'll see what the man says then.

kmmgreen5
03-11-2009, 07:22 PM
as long as i can say god created dinosaurs i m ok with anything _awesome_

bobo_dude16
03-11-2009, 07:26 PM
im all up for it, but i agree with absol that eventually someone will be offended. I mean, I love God. i am taking biblical studies as my college course and religion is my life, but you have to consider other people. what would you think about a satanist stream?

chambs007
03-11-2009, 07:34 PM
im athiest cant say im offended but still kinda feel odd about the whole thing no offense to believers or you cross lol but i dont think id go to that one (just not my thing i suppose)

mckma
03-11-2009, 07:35 PM
im all up for it, but i agree with absol that eventually someone will be offended. I mean, I love God. i am taking biblical studies as my college course and religion is my life, but you have to consider other people. what would you think about a satanist stream?

I don't think it matters too much, everyone has a right to believe and not believe what they want, and as long as it doesn't impose on my beliefs, I welcome the differences and discussions as it forces me to consider my beliefs and grow in them...

bobo_dude16
03-11-2009, 07:38 PM
i dont really care either, but you have to think there are people who will get extremely angry...

not that i think there are any short tempered people on these forums...

Kilgard
03-11-2009, 07:39 PM

I've been biting my tongue all day on this one, but Bobo hit the nail on the head. It's fine and great that you have a set of beliefs that work for you but not everyone shares the same set of beliefs.

Just as many of us respect you and what you believe in (eg. not using the lords name in vein). You have to be supportive of the background and what others believe in.

Most of us come here to talk and watch video games, I think there is a time and a place for religion, worship and virgin sacrifice (if that's your thing). But I don't feel this is the place for it.

Mckma got a post in before me, so just to respond to that. I agree and I'm 100% the same way, this is less about my view on things and more about TSG being a place for everyone regardless of creed or color, Some people may be offended by this, and by putting religion on the table, you're opening a can of worms that may be better left closed.

This is in no way an attack on you or your religion Cross, I just don't want to see this slowly turn into a war on religion. There are thousands of religions worldwide and much like race or hair color I think we should just accept that others are different and may take this topic at more then face value.

03-11-2009, 07:44 PM

I've been biting my tongue all day on this one, but Bobo hit the nail on the head. It's fine and great that you have a set of beliefs that work for you but not everyone shares the same set of beliefs.

Just as many of us respect you and what you believe in (eg. not using the lords name in vein). You have to be supportive of the background and what others believe in.

Most of us come here to talk and watch video games, I think there is a time and a place for religion, worship and virgin sacrifice (if that's your thing). But I don't feel this is the place for it.

Mckma got a post in before me, so just to respond to that. I agree and I'm 100% the same way, this is less about my view on things and more about TSG being a place for everyone regardless of creed or color, Some people may be offended by this, and by putting religion on the table, you're opening a can of worms that may be better left closed.

This is in no way an attack on you or your religion Cross, I just don't want to see this slowly turn into a war on religion. There are thousands of religions worldwide and much like race or hair color I think we should just accept that others are different and may take this topic at more then face value.
And the amazing Kilgard speaks profound words :geek:

iHeart_Absol
03-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I just think he shouldn't advertise on this site is all. *shrugs*

bobo_dude16
03-11-2009, 07:50 PM
well, it's not out choice to tell cross what he can and cannot post. let's wait for a mod to show up. i personally love the idea but think this is not for this forum. nothing against you crosswarrior- you are my friend and i don't wish to offend or hurt you in any way...

iHeart_Absol
03-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Lawl Bobo that's what I just said.
But yeah Cross is such a good friend I kinda feel bad being against it. But like I said, not the right place to start it up. It's a great idea that he wants to do something like that and he must have tremendous faith. But it just isn't the place.

bobo_dude16
03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
you know i think we all just go if we want to and leave this be. cross i will try to be there and if not i hope you have the best of luck

iHeart_Absol
03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Alright, I'll leave it at rest and see what happens next.

MSico
03-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Well articulated, Kilgard.

We appreciate your enthusiasm, Cross, for God and for these forums, but we don't want forum users or new people who arrive to think that TSG are preaching or condoning one particular religious creed. We are a multicultural forum with people all over the world. We'd really like to keep religious debate from getting personal and/or offensive, which is generally the first direction it runs to on the internet. If everyone can keep it civil that's fine, but if a mod gets the impression that someone is getting argumentative or someone is getting their feelings hurt we'll have to lock this topic and prevent any further discussions. I think already some people are feeling weird because they don't know how to approach this topic. If you want to make a stream and talk about this conversation, that would be a much better outlet than this forum, because there you can more effectively direct the conversation and prevent it from derailing.

kmmgreen5
03-11-2009, 08:03 PM
*kmm just converted to international churches of TSG* _awesome_

KeymasterPL
03-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Well articulated, Kilgard.

We appreciate your enthusiasm, Cross, for God and for these forums, but we don't want forum users or new people who arrive to think that TSG are preaching or condoning one particular religious creed. We are a multicultural forum with people all over the world. We'd really like to keep religious debate from getting personal and/or offensive, which is generally the first direction it runs to on the internet. If everyone can keep it civil that's fine, but if a mod gets the impression that someone is getting argumentative or someone is getting their feelings hurt we'll have to lock this topic and prevent any further discussions. I think already some people are feeling weird because they don't know how to approach this topic. If you want to make a stream and talk about this conversation, that would be a much better outlet than this forum, because there you can more effectively direct the conversation and prevent it from derailing.

I see what you are saying Phil but everyone is kinda missing the whole point in this. The whole point is to get this away from the forums and at the stream. The main reason for posting it here is just to get it out to people that we don't directly contact thought our day. We are not saying anything about any other religion and anyone can believe what they want. We are not trying to offend anyone and if someone is offended then I am sorry.

But we can't just totally shoot down this topic that fast. I say that we just keep it as waiting until the stream is created and then find out when my bro plans on doing the stream. Some post here and there if times change but basically that's all that should be posted here. All discussion can happy in the stream.

Gwellin
03-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Indeed, lets just drop this for now. I don't want to lock the topic in case Cross wants to announce something here in the future.

Until that time, please, no more posts in this topic.

MSico
03-11-2009, 11:48 PM
I see what you are saying Phil but everyone is kinda missing the whole point in this. The whole point is to get this away from the forums and at the stream. The main reason for posting it here is just to get it out to people that we don't directly contact thought our day. We are not saying anything about any other religion and anyone can believe what they want. We are not trying to offend anyone and if someone is offended then I am sorry.

But we can't just totally shoot down this topic that fast. I say that we just keep it as waiting until the stream is created and then find out when my bro plans on doing the stream. Some post here and there if times change but basically that's all that should be posted here. All discussion can happy in the stream.

I didn't say he couldn't use this topic to talk about the stream but I want him to be more careful. We do have a very well-mannered community (all things considered... har har dasu dasu), but there comes a point where someone can unknowingly cross a line into what can be considered preaching, and while fortunately no one here came forward and took offense or started arguing, I don't want Cross to make a target of himself for insults or attacks on his beliefs. I don't want that to happen for anyone. (Actually, the mods are kind of impressed at how well this topic is going so far.)

In his stream, anything goes (so long as he doesn't use TSG), that's totally fine. But we want to keep the forums as politically correct as we can in terms of making everyone feel welcome, and that includes people from other religions. We love our big TSG family, and you and Cross are a part of it too. :)

Cross-Warrior
04-09-2009, 06:35 PM
A week from easter is when i have decided to hold this meeting, or talk, whichever you decided to call it.

for those who dont know, this stream is all about God. so if that is going to bring any offense to you in any way, please dont come. And also, i would also appreciate it if people didnt come to cause problems.

this is going to be a place, however, for discussion among fellow believers. If you arent a believer, you can still come and see what we are talking about. Just please be respectful when you are listening to what i have to say, or what others are saying. That is the biggest thing i am asking for those who join me, that they are respectful. I know we all have different views of things, even within a group of believers we might, but i pray that we all can show some respect.

As for the time i plan to stream, i really dont know, most likely it will be around 6 PST, but that might change to an earlier time frame depending on what people who want to come can make or not

if you have any questions, PM me. I want to keep this topic away from what it was in the past. Thanks and God bless

LegendOfCookies
04-09-2009, 07:17 PM
hmm touchy subject but i like it..

Chehansen
04-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Reaaaally touchy subject, the idea is good, but . . . I have read more of the LaVey satanic bible than the "real bible" sooo will just stay out of this. For me this belongs more on a religion discuss forum/community than here.

LegendOfCookies
04-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Hmm cross weird subject to bring on a forums for all but i do support you in anyway i can

iHeart_Absol
04-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Guys, this has already been called a "touchy subject", if you would read the previous posts. Don't go down that road again please =P

JaggerG
04-13-2009, 02:33 PM
It seems to me like it's going to be a touchy subject in HIS stream, not exactly on the forums. He's a member of the community, and he plans to discuss his beliefs amongst his friends. TSG isn't really a part of it directly, so I don't see a problem in making such a stream. I assume he realizes the tempers that can rise out of such a subject if taken really personally, and if he doesn't, I hope he doesn't have to find out the extremes. I don't think it's gonna be a huge problem and something that might tear the community apart or anything.

Unfortunately, I'm probably not gonna be there for the stream, as I'm going to be at a smash bros tournament next sunday. I'm not a religious person, but I hope your stream produces some positive results. Have fun, at the very least (although hopefully having the very most fun possible). :^)

Cross-Warrior
04-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Just to remind those who wanted to come, i will be streaming tonight around 6 PST

Hope to see some of you there!

God bless!

the1stpkmnfan
04-19-2009, 01:46 PM
I'll be there for sure, Cross. :)

Kylethedarkn
04-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Am I allowed to come and respectfully call in to question your beliefs?

Gwellin
04-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Probably not a good idea Kyle, whether you are joking or not.

I hope your stream goes well Cross. I am burnt out from last night and won't likely be there.

nmufred
04-19-2009, 02:12 PM
I have a meeting from 9-10 EST and I usually go to bed after that, but maybe I will pop in for about 30 minutes.

Aeronautical
04-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Hope everything goes well for you today Cross. I'll try to make it out if I'm not tired or studying. I hope you guys keep everything civil during the stream ^^

Megimano
04-19-2009, 02:23 PM
HopefullyI can attend Cross. :D

04-19-2009, 02:27 PM
i will be there :D

Cross-Warrior
04-19-2009, 02:56 PM
To let everyone know what the goal of this stream is, its to encourage fellow believes in their walk with God. So this stream will be mainly geared towards that. However, that is my plan, God always has a different plan that is far better than mine could ever be.

I will be excepting questions, however, i might not answer all of them. If you ask a question and i skip over it, and really would like an answer, either pm me during the stream, or pm me here. If you want an immediate answer, you can pm my brother, Key, and he will be willing to help you as well.

I hope this answers any questions that you have asked, or havent asked but are wondering.

if you still do have questions, feel free to either post here, or pm me. Or you can always wait until stream and ask there.

just remember, please be respecting to everyone in the stream

localretard
04-19-2009, 03:40 PM

Why is this necessary, Kyle?

I feel that if the thread is called "Calling all followers of Christ!" and you come in and ask if you can question him on his beliefs, it is already disrespectful.

That is all.

DrewStern
04-19-2009, 03:45 PM
there are some muslims and jews in the world

MSico
04-19-2009, 03:52 PM
there are some muslims and jews in the world

We will not prevent them from promoting their own topic, if done in a similar manner. Vocal opposition to a person's beliefs, if not directly encouraged by the person, is rude (this topic isn't "Calling all challengers to test my faith"). That's all Local is saying.

Cross-Warrior
04-19-2009, 07:02 PM
I am streaming now! if you care to join!

Sonic62
04-19-2009, 09:51 PM
It's probably been mentioned, but is this on your usual channel Cross?

the1stpkmnfan
04-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Actually, he's made a new channel called "Warriors of Christ". So whenever another one of these will happen again, it'll be there.

Sonic62
04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Hmm. I don't see a link anywhere.

04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
aww i missed it because my cousin came over and my dad made me play with her basketball outside >.<

the1stpkmnfan
04-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Here's the link Sonic

Cross-Warrior
04-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Sorry about that sonic, probably should have posted the new link on the first page. But it was on the second. anyways, ill have another one of these streams at a later day, maybe in about three weeks or so. thanks for everyone who did come, it was a real blessing. See you all later!

the1stpkmnfan
04-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks Cross. It was a really good stream. I thought you sounded completely honest, and this was a stream I would watch again. :D

Baltes
04-20-2009, 03:26 PM
looking forward to the next one

Sonic62
04-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Didn't look hard enough eh? Oh well, it's on the first post now! Keep up the good work! :D

Cross-Warrior
04-26-2009, 06:32 PM
This Friday! May 1st (two days before my b-day) I am planing another stream to encourage and challenge those fellow believers. After talking to some people, and praying about it, the topic is going to be trusting in God.

Just an FYI: I dont know if this stream will actually work out. I go home that day, and i dont know if my family is going anything that night or not. So i am making these plans hoping nothing is going on. If something is, ill will let everyone one ASAP.

As for time, it will probably be around 7 PST. Sorry for it being late, but my family normally eats around 6 so.

God bless!

the1stpkmnfan
04-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Awesome Cross, I'll be sure to make it at that time. Can't wait to see it!

nmufred
04-27-2009, 12:22 PM
I will try to attend Cross :). I'm packing up that day myself and moving the following day, but I will be lingering :).

Demon2k3
04-27-2009, 01:04 PM
I will try and attend, will move my stream to the day after for this occasion, i'm not a christian, but i believe in the budhism beliefs.

But i am very oprn minded so this might be enjoyable.

Chehansen
04-27-2009, 01:29 PM
i will try to attend

the1stpkmnfan
04-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Also, I dont think Ill be listening to you Cross for about an hour. Only if this is going on during 7 to 8. If it is, then I'll be busy watching the first part of The Fairly OddParents: Wishology. But Ill still be active in the chat, just deaf. :P

Cross-Warrior
05-01-2009, 06:49 PM
so, something came up tonight, sorry to everyone who was looking forward to this stream. I was planing on doing it, even tho our church was having a services, but i felt God tugging at my heart to go to the services instead of doing the stream, so im following God.

ill try to get something up and running next weekend. Since this weekend is my birthday weekend, that and i have a midterm paper that i have to get done. So, i hope to see you all later. Any question, feel free to ask

also if you have anything you would like me to talk about next time, feel free to PM me and i will look into it.

Sorry about this again.

God Bless