PDA

View Full Version : Season 6

ck14500
10-22-2011, 02:51 AM
Hey guys, so this time I am going to do things a little bit different for season 6...

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14873 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14873)

Since my plans for a tournament will be moved to May, I have decided to bring up Season 6 to a closer day, However I have yet to start up plans for this league in its return, so I'm going to give a minor incentive for this season... I'm busting out achievements for this round...

more on those details later, however I am requesting former GYM leaders from Season 1-5*( i have 5 asterik because it wasn't a big success) to help me out with this time around... there is a minor twist though, since the tournament will take time in May as well, I am going to extend this Season to July, that will give ample time...

I need former gym leaders first, if by some chance I don't have enough, then I will accept new gym leaders....
in need of 6 - 8 gym leaders this time around... I want to start the league in April, so please respond to me by March 25...

I also like to thank Dark_Weavile for bring back the breeding center for the league, if you need any help just check out his fourm...

PokeMaster Calvin

Dark_Weavile
10-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Yay! it's finally time for Gen V!! I've been waiting a year for this.

the1stpkmnfan
10-22-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm ready to put my skills to the test with Gen 5. I'm looking forward to this Season coming up. :)

DarkMaster
10-22-2011, 06:21 PM
I am excited for this season and I hope contests return as well *looks at 1stpkmnfan*

FeilOng156
10-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Is this only on DS? Or are we using PO?

Dark_Weavile
10-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Only Pokemon Black and White. Unless something changed, we don't use simulators.

Muzy72
10-23-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm so excited :D

Hopefully I'll have time to battle the gym leaders!

NicoCW
10-23-2011, 11:57 AM
I have a quick question and I'm not sure if was answered, but I didn't see it.

My Pokmon are all modified with PokSav, however, they're all 100% possibly obtainable in game without hacking. No illegal egg moves or anything like that, no Pokmon that aren't obtainable with their hidden abilities, etc. Just modified to be done faster. Is this against the rules?

I would want to participate in this again, yet my DS is still having internet troubles. As soon as I solve the issue, I may consider doing this again.

ck14500
10-24-2011, 01:35 AM
i always hate this question... hmmm i really don't know what to say about this because it just something i haven't consider much thought into...

i still need about 4 to 5 more gym leaders guys...

please and thank you

etcspectre
10-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Just like NicoCW- it would be nearly impossible for me to be able to participate without a little help from PokeSav this go around... :fail:

I lost most of my imported pokemon from platinum and the new ones I raised in black when my game got stolen right before the last tournament. _dead2_

Luckily I had all their stats, moves and the like written down, so I merely used it to re-create them in a backup and restore them to my copy of white.

With work, school and writing content for the blog, I don't have the spare 40+ hours to make them all over again...

Dark_Weavile
10-28-2011, 12:38 PM
CK, I think ur gonna have to need to make some decision about generators. Alot of people depend on them

Also, how many gym leaders do you have so far?

ck14500
10-28-2011, 02:31 PM
not enough, so i think i might push back this season till mid november to mid jan, however i have to see how things go..

as for generators... as long as the moves sets are legal and no illegal egg moves, i am okay with it, however if i find out from the gym leaders or the opponents that something is up and it is challenge, i would need to see the pokemon in question in some sort of way...

so in other words, go nuts lol

DarkMaster
10-28-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't see whats so wrong with PO? Its a good simulator and I use it all of the time. It saves all the hassle of EV Training which I know some don't like to much. Plus the creators have programmed all the Pokemon accordingly so the only way to get something illegal is to hack it, and doing so would get you banned from the service.

Dark_Weavile
10-28-2011, 05:27 PM
its also spitting in the face of people who put in the work of training legitamately, same with sims. plus its not as fun to play, as its silent and unanimated.

ck14500
10-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Okay I was in a minro rush when looking at the fourms earlier when going to work, as u can tell I'm still at it right now, but I guess its just something I'm not use to right now in terms of pokesav and other generators...

I will my final decision this weekend, right now I have to much on my plate

[ Post made via Android ]

pkGamerB
10-28-2011, 06:54 PM
I've probably said this before, but personally, I think allowing Pokesav will be a good thing for this league overall. I spent the better part of three years breeding and EV training Pokemon last gen, and with the introduction of 100+ new Pokemon and even more moves and abilities, I just don't have the time or desire to essentially start from scratch. Pokesav (or even better, Pokemon Online), will allow those of us who want to participate but have little free time to train Pokemon do so, which is pretty important, considering the relative lack of activity by challengers last season. Just my two cents.

Dark_Weavile
10-28-2011, 06:56 PM
I should correct what I said. While I hate simulators and generators, they would be effective to the league, simply for the lack of players.

etcspectre
10-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Nevermind about me using Pokesav, I finally buckled down and learned how to RNG- and if this season starts in mid-november, I'll have a team ready

Skykihusky
12-23-2011, 12:01 PM
So I'm going to assume that it's too late to join up in this, or if this is dead so I'll have to wait for next season

[ Post made via iPod ]

Dark_Weavile
12-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Anything happening with this?

ck14500
12-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Just as an update, Work has gotten me worn out like crazy as of late so I'm pushing season 6 back for a little bit, I might start it up again in January when it calms down a little.

TheSecretStaraptor
01-16-2012, 06:07 PM
I have a quick question. Will there be multiple metagames we have a choice from(such as Underused or Little Cup), or is it just one metagame according to one banlist?

BobberyFan98
01-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Now that I have a 3DS, I can connect to teh internetz! So, since I only have HeartGold at the moment, though I plant to get White after KoA: Reckoning comes out, can I still put my skills to the test towards the TSG Pokemon League leaders?

etcspectre
01-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Now that I have a 3DS, I can connect to teh internetz! So, since I only have HeartGold at the moment, though I plant to get White after KoA: Reckoning comes out, can I still put my skills to the test towards the TSG Pokemon League leaders?
It'll be a few months until the next season will get rolling, and the rules are still getting hammered out. But yeah- the league isn't dead yet

ck14500
01-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Season 6 will be on hold til April, where I will be fully ready to go interms of having the rules set up...

ck14500
03-19-2012, 02:04 AM
double post blues....

reread first topic!

edit 3/19

hey all, so just a heads up the league is suppose to start in two weeks and I still need a lot of gym leaders, please let me know if you want to participate this season and yes I am taking open invites for gym leaders now!

kmmgreen5
03-19-2012, 01:35 PM
i posted on twitter to help get some people to be gym leaders, :Va i havent beaten white yet so i can be one ... idt ...

veothrosh
03-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Sup, i'll be a gym leader (I'm one of kyles friends)

Dark_Weavile
03-19-2012, 06:37 PM
How r u picking the e4/ champion

ck14500
03-20-2012, 12:30 AM
i'll worry about that when the time comes, right now i just need the slots filled first

ditto493
03-23-2012, 11:55 AM
I could be a gym leader this season if you need me to. Put down as an alternate for now though.

[ Post made via Android ]

ck14500
04-05-2012, 12:52 AM
as of now I haven't been able to get gym leaders for season 6 so I'm putting this season on hold again for the time being...

Since May is going to be Pokemon Active, Part 2, I am going to plan a tournament around that time that will last until hopefully the whole month, I will have signs up for the event soon!

ditto493
04-11-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm dissappointed that we couldn't get enough people to be gym leaders, but it's been a while since we've had a tournament. I think that would be a pretty good idea.

FeilOng156
04-12-2012, 11:31 AM
A tournament I could do. I haven't worried about EVs or anything in a long time, but this should be nice here. Could anyone by any chance trade me a female Snorunt? No nature preferences here. I lost my platinum, and thus my shiny Froslass, Froslass being my favorite pokemon, I would like to have one on hand for the tourney.

NintendoJoe
04-20-2012, 07:43 AM
If you start a tournament I'll totally join