PDA

View Full Version : Old Forums

localretard
10-05-2008, 08:26 PM
The switch to the new forums was made early _awesome_

If you need to visit the old forums for any reason here is the link (http://z9.invisionfree.com/TheSpeedGamers/index.php)

wiifan_362
10-05-2008, 08:29 PM
:o goodbye. :?

so will we be able to get here from the homepage if we click the "forums" button?

localretard
10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
yes if you click the link on the homepage you can get here.

Sonic62
10-05-2008, 08:55 PM
_dead_ Oh man I'm gonna miss those forums.

wiifan_362
10-05-2008, 08:59 PM
with these forums we'll be legit, too legit to quit! :mrgreen:

Gwellin
10-05-2008, 11:45 PM
I suggest that the banner image on the old forum be changed to big "The forum has moved" text, with the url text. If there is any way to customize the link of the banner then that should also be done.

fettouhi
10-07-2008, 11:10 AM
yea I hope we got all the important topic copied over :D

zach2m1
10-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I think we have to thank Localretard for this :D thanks man!! :D
And thanks Fettouhi for getting all the important topics up :D

Sonic62
10-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Are the old forums going to be deleted? If so, when?

Gwellin
10-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Are the old forums going to be deleted? If so, when?
I see no reason to delete them, at least unless Invision does it automatically when they aren't used in a long time. They should be locked down though.

fettouhi
10-08-2008, 03:23 AM
I agree with Gwellin

wiifan_362
10-08-2008, 08:47 PM
keep them, for old time's sake, or something. or it could be a place to hide from nubs during or right after marathons. _ninja_

Gwellin
10-08-2008, 11:23 PM
I went looking for something on the old forums today, and it was gone. There appears to be some automatic purging going on. Can we get that disabled, or will they slowly disappear in to the depths of the hat never to be seen again?

Sonic62
10-08-2008, 11:26 PM
I went looking for something on the old forums today, and it was gone. There appears to be some automatic purging going on. Can we get that disabled, or will they slowly disappear in to the depths of the hat never to be seen again?
Hmm, I've found that even though old topics disappear, they aren't really gone. If I posted in said topic, I can search my posts and find it.

Gwellin
10-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Hmm, I've found that even though old topics disappear, they aren't really gone. If I posted in said topic, I can search my posts and find it.
Hmm, interesting.

Oni Link
10-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Goodbye my old friend. *Misses being member no.3*

wiifan_362
10-10-2008, 09:08 PM
i thought i was #3... :?

*going back to look*

edit: oh, member no. not posts. :mrgreen:

Sonic62
10-11-2008, 12:54 AM
So on the old message boards, it says: We no longers use these forums. We have upgraded! Let's see who notices what I'm thinking about.

Gwellin
10-11-2008, 12:57 AM
So on the old message boards, it says: We no longers use these forums. We have upgraded! Let's see who notices what I'm thinking about.
The banner maybe. :roll:

Sonic62
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Anyone gonna do something about this? http://z9.invisionfree.com/TheSpeedGame ... =589&st=45 (http://z9.invisionfree.com/TheSpeedGamers/index.php?showtopic=589&st=45)

Gwellin
11-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Anyone gonna do something about this?
Oh, wonderful. If anybody follows Sonic's link DO NOT CLICK ANY ON THE NEXT PAGE.

I think the entire old forum should block posting, if not deleted entirely.

wiifan_362
11-12-2008, 09:53 PM
they can spam to hell and back on the old forums for all i care...

Gwellin
11-12-2008, 11:06 PM
But by shutting it down we are protecting those who do not know better, and doing our part to slow the spread of malicious links.

Mezix
11-19-2008, 12:12 PM
But by shutting it down we are protecting those who do not know better, and doing our part to slow the spread of malicious links.
Wait, I didn't follow the link because I followed Gwellin's advice. What's happening?

Gwellin
11-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Wait, I didn't follow the link because I followed Gwellin's advice. What's happening?
Good.

A spam bot got to the old forum and made a couple dozen posts filled with a ton of malicious and phishing links. That forums still has to be locked down, guests can still post, but no one should be allowed to.

Just know that when you see a post offering free prescriptions (I won't name the most prevalent), or just has a whole bunch of text links, NEVER click.

Mezix
11-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Good.

A spam bot got to the old forum and made a couple dozen posts filled with a ton of malicious and phishing links. That forums still has to be locked down, guests can still post, but no one should be allowed to.

Just know that when you see a post offering free prescriptions (I won't name the most prevalent), or just has a whole bunch of text links, NEVER click.
Wow, people have nothing else to do but just ruining computers.

Gwellin
11-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Wow, people have nothing else to do but just ruining computers.
Or steal your money. I think they'd prefer to do that.

GoSmitty
11-23-2008, 08:54 PM

If you need to visit the old forums for any reason here is the link (http://z9.invisionfree.com/TheSpeedGamers/index.php)
I just wanted to thank you guys for the excellent job you're doing on making this new forum as good if not better than the old one. I was thinking of starting a "Thank the admins and mods" thread, but that seemed like it might be a bit much. You all rock!

TheSpeedGamers
11-24-2008, 09:39 PM

I just wanted to thank you guys for the excellent job you're doing on making this new forum as good if not better than the old one. I was thinking of starting a "Thank the admins and mods" thread, but that seemed like it might be a bit much. You all rock!

we <3 u 2 GOSMitty _awesome_

Sonic62
11-24-2008, 09:44 PM

we <3 u 2 GOSMitty _awesome_
While you're here, can this be taken care of?
http://z9.invisionfree.com/TheSpeedGame ... =589&st=45 (http://z9.invisionfree.com/TheSpeedGamers/index.php?showtopic=589&st=45)

TheSpeedGamers
11-24-2008, 09:54 PM
thanks for informing us Sonic

Sonic62
11-24-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm happy to help. Although I first mentioned it Nov. 12th. :|

Gwellin
11-25-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm happy to help. Although I first mentioned it Nov. 12th. :|
An again, I would like to tell everyone to NOT click any links if you follow Sonic's. They are malicious, and evil.

Really though, I'll say again that the old forum should be locked down, to prevent any more spam posts from being made.

localretard
11-25-2008, 01:13 AM
I would love nothing more than to close down the old forums, however only Britt or Chase can do that so you guys will have to bug them.

Gwellin
11-25-2008, 01:24 AM
I would love nothing more than to close down the old forums, however only Britt or Chase can do that so you guys will have to bug them.
Britt!!!
Chase!!!

Close the old forum!!!

TheSpeedGamers
11-25-2008, 09:38 AM
We wont close them, but I will lock.

Gwellin
11-25-2008, 10:53 AM
We wont close them, but I will lock.
Ya, that's what I meant.

kmmgreen5
11-25-2008, 11:52 AM
the forum was so inactive all the posts erased themselves i thought it didn't matter

localretard
11-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Well it's just to make sure that no one finds the old forums and clicks on malicious links as well as get the impression that we use those forums.

Locking them, as well as using that banner, will prevent such events from happening.

Gwellin
11-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Well it's just to make sure that no one finds the old forums and clicks on malicious links as well as get the impression that we use those forums.

Locking them, as well as using that banner, will prevent such events from happening.
The thing is that they are just hidden, not locked. Even logged out I was able to post:
http://z9.invisionfree.com/TheSpeedGamers/index.php?showtopic=796&st=15

Also, Sonic's spam discovery is still there.

What we need to do is prevent guest and regular member posts to all boards, block all new registrations, and delete any existing spam link posts.

If you can't figure it out, or don't have time. make Local or I an admin on those boards and we could do it.

TheSpeedGamers
11-26-2008, 10:19 AM

The thing is that they are just hidden, not locked. Even logged out I was able to post:
http://z9.invisionfree.com/TheSpeedGamers/index.php?showtopic=796&st=15

Also, Sonic's spam discovery is still there.

What we need to do is prevent guest and regular member posts to all boards, block all new registrations, and delete any existing spam link posts.

If you can't figure it out, or don't have time. make Local or I an admin on those boards and we could do it.

Done and Done

Sonic62
11-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Yay, it's finally gone! My work here is done! :D

Cross-Warrior
11-26-2008, 04:51 PM

And Sonic finally moved on to accomplish more tasks, seeking his dream.

This was just the beginning of Sonic's work :lol:

Gwellin
11-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Just to supply the details:
- Guests can no longer post on the old forum, but can read topics.
- New registrations are not allowed.

In other words, there will be no more spam posts on the old forum, and if there are any here us mods will be quick to remove them.

Sonic62
11-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Thank goodness. I hated seeing the home of TSG be ruined by that crap. _triforce_

zach2m1
11-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Im actually happy these forums seem more in order than the last one