PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Community Final Fantasy Marathon(Success!)

Pages : [1] 2

wee187
12-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Website Link: http://www.ffandmore.com/marathon.html

Well, hello again my fellow chocobos. Welcome to the thread that will be the planning and information hub for TSG's 4th Annual Community Week-long Final Fantasy Marathon. The first was organized by Masamune and Carnage, the second by Masamune and myself(slightly), and the third by Tanexion and myself. This time around, Tan's a bit busy with school, which is totally understandable, but both he and/or Masa are more than welcome to assist in setting up this marathon once more. If not, it's all good. I got this. _spy_

There's a few specific goals I'd like to stress for this marathon. The emphasis will be largely on community unison, something I feel has been slightly lacking in this awesome forum in the past few months. I won't be arranging a community FF marathon in the summer of 2013, so we all need to make this one go out with an explosion larger and more powerful than Zeromus's Big Bang. Also, while I am the head organizer of this event currently, I am totally open to any ideas or people who would like to help out.

As some of you know, I'm also an LPer on YouTube. It's not much, I suppose, and definitely nothing to brag about, but I'm going to do my utmost to get some LPers that I'm friends with to come and commentate as well. Not only would it bring more people in, but there's many LPers who whole-heartedly support TSG and would gladly help out the community. So I might ask some of the ones that I know, and if they agree, then awesome. I also want all of you! You want to be a commentator? I don't care if you've got less than 10 posts and no medals, put your name down on this thread! You're more than welcome to! There's no better way to get involved than to chat with people and do weird stuff on camera for three hours. Currently, there's no time-frame yet for commentators, except that they will be in 3-hour shifts. Volunteering now simply means that I'll mark you down on a tentative list that will help me organize the schedule as time grows nearer. Of course, you may un-volunteer if you need to. Crap happens.

As far as players go, these are currently even more tentative. However, I have a list of people who have already requested to play certain games. Here's what we're looking at:

[spoiler=Game and Player List:1mqvyroe]---------MAIN SERIES---------
Final Fantasy: Emptyeye2112 (tentative), megakidicarus (backup)
Final Fantasy II: KeyPaladin, frenchhorndude(backup)
Final Fantasy III: megakidicarus, KatTheBard(tentative backup) (NES)
Final Fantasy IV: Blaumagier, Masamune (tentative backup) (SNES)?
Final Fantasy V: KeyPaladin
Final Fantasy VI: rinimt, megakidicarus (GBA/SNES)
Final Fantasy VII: puwexil (PSX)
Final Fantasy VIII: Curse (PSX), Poxnor (backup)
Final Fantasy IX: PrincessLuna, Masamune (tentative backup) (PSX)
Final Fantasy X: Caracarn (PS2)
Final Fantasy XII: wee187 (PS2)
Final Fantasy XIII: Tanexion (PS3)
---------OPTIONAL-----------
Final Fantasy X-2: Caracarn (PS2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2: Neviutz, Zoning1138, and DRsynj
Final Fantasy Tactics: SpectacleG (PSX)
Crisis Core -FFVII-: eziothenarutard (PSP)
Dirge of Cerberus -FFVII-: Zeikuu (PS2)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: Nate Nanjo (SNES)
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years: Blaumagier (WiiWare/PSP)[/spoiler:1mqvyroe]

[spoiler=Game Schedule:1mqvyroe]Just to reclarify, these are all in Central Time.

Stream A:
20th Friday 6PM - 21st Saturday 5AM - Poxnor - FFVIII
21st Saturday 5AM - 21st Saturday 4PM - Puwexil - FFVII
21st Saturday 5PM - 22nd Sunday 7AM - wee187 - FFXII
22nd Sunday 7AM - 22nd Sunday 7PM - EmptyEye2112 - FFI
22nd Sunday 7PM - 23rd Monday 3AM - megakidicarus - FFIII
23rd Monday 3AM - 23rd Monday 2PM - Blaumagier - FFIV
23rd Monday 2PM - 24th Tuesday 4AM - rinimt - FFVI
24th Tuesday 4AM - 24th Tuesday 6PM - Tanexion - FFXIII
24th Tuesday 6PM - 24th Tuesday 9PM - Blaumagier - FFIV Interlude
24th Tuesday 9PM - 25th Wednesday 9AM - Caracarn - FFX
25th Wednesday 9AM - 25th Wednesday 11PM - megakidicarus - FFVI
25th Wednesday 11PM - 26th Thurdsay 7AM - KeyPaladin - FFV
26th Thursday 7AM - 26th Thursday 8PM - PrincessLuna - FFIX
26th Thursday 8PM - 27th Friday 4AM - KeyPaladin - FFII
27th Friday 4AM - 6PM: Catch-up time and/or filler. Stream B will be on more Friday. In the final hour, I may do a run of some FF games final bosses over again to end it off.

Stream B (starting times are extremely flexible):
20th Friday 6PM - Neviutz, Zoning1138, and DRsynj - FFXIII-2
21st Saturday 12PM - EziotheNarutard - Crisis Core
22nd Sunday 12PM - SpectacleG - FFTactics
23rd Monday 6PM - Caracarn - FFX-2
24th Tuesday [Anytime] - Zeikuu - Dirge of Cerberus
25th Wednesday - 26th Thursday - Open Filler Time (Blaumagier's TAY takes priority if he wishes to play)
27th Friday - Open Filler Time
Rest is catch up/filler[/spoiler:1mqvyroe]

[spoiler=OPEN Commentator Schedule:1mqvyroe]ALL TIMES ARE IN CENTRAL TIME

Friday July 20th
6PM - 9PM - wee187
9PM - 12AM - rinimt

Saturday July 21st
12AM - 3AM - eziothenarutard
3AM - 6AM - otter
6AM - 9AM - colwin1
9AM - 12PM - Araman
12PM - 3PM - ArgonMatrix (tentative)
3PM - 6PM - Mr. Olimario
6PM - 9PM - rudy06
9PM - 12AM - BuizelBro, rudy06 (tentative backup)

Sunday July 22nd
12AM - 3AM - notmman
3AM - 6AM - Magichands
6AM - 9AM - ASephiroth
9AM - 12PM - colwin1
12PM - 3PM - UltimateHero13
3PM - 6PM - TheFearowofTime
6PM - 9PM - rudy06
9PM - 12AM - Ice

Monday July 23rd
12AM - 3AM - narutomoon
3AM - 6AM - Magichands
6AM - 9AM - Zeikuu (tentative)
9AM - 12PM - Daskichan and Nijntjes
12PM - 3PM - ctizz36
3PM - 6PM - lloppunny
6PM - 9PM - jakepeter
9PM - 12AM - EziotheNarutard

Tuesday July 24th
12AM - 3AM - FlibberMagee
3AM - 6AM - Essentia
6AM - 9AM - ASephiroth
9AM - 12PM - untuxable
12PM - 3PM - rinimt
3PM - 6PM - colwin1
6PM - 9PM - the1stpkmnfan
9PM - 12AM - TheGuyWithKnowName

Wednesday July 25th
12AM - 3AM - EziotheNarutard
3AM - 6AM - FlibberMagee
6AM - 9AM - Masamune
9AM - 12PM - untuxable
12PM - 3PM - colwin1
3PM - 6PM - WolfAmadeus
6PM - 9PM - TheGuyWithKnowName
9PM - 12AM - EziotheNarutard

Thursday July 26th
12AM - 3AM - narutomoon
3AM - 6AM - Magichands
6AM - 9AM - Katsu Hikari
9AM - 12PM - UltimateHero13
12PM - 3PM - rinimt
3PM - 6PM - eziothenarutard
6PM - 9PM - TheGuyWithKnowName
9PM - 12AM - jefferlope

Friday July 27th
12AM - 3AM - narutomoon
3AM - 6AM - Magichands
6AM - 9AM - Mr. Olimario
9AM - 12PM - colwin1
12PM - 3PM - Daskichan
3PM - 6PM - wee187[/spoiler:1mqvyroe]

[spoiler=Tentative Commentator Volunteers(Outdated):1mqvyroe]wee187
Zeikuu
Dannydaw003
Daskichan & Nii
eziothenarutard
the1stpkmnfan
Rudy06
Mr. Olimario
KatTheBard
kemimets23
notmman
Ice and Gridlock
Muzy72
megakidicarus
Johne
PLUMPKIN
shinra114
TheFearowofTime
SpectacleG
NYVideoGamesFreak
BuizelBro (tentative)
Iron Punkle
Araman
bradff7
colwin1[/spoiler:1mqvyroe]

If you volunteer to play a game, there are a few necessary things. One, you must keep in contact with me. If you suddenly don't say anything to me for over a month and a half about still being able to play, I will consider you un-volunteered. We've had issues with this in the past, and this is one of the steps I'm taking to counter this. You can see my contact info at the bottom of this post. Also, as currently with the case of Final Fantasy VI, there are two people requesting to play. Many solution are available, one being that both could play different parts of a game. This would mainly be worked out between the players. I know megakidicarus has played FFVI for this marathon in the past, and rinimt is definitely up to the job as well. There may definitely be backup gamers as well should the main player be unable to play for whatever reason. However, to be a backup player, the same rule applies: you must keep in contact with me, or I will remove from the list. It doesn't mean you can't sign up again, but for the sake of my sanity and organization, I am doing this.

There is a rule I'm going to be adding as far as commentary shifts go, and that is that you must either have a webcam or some computer screen capture device to commentate. I'd really appreciate it if there were no "black screen" commentators this year. So either you show yourself with a webcam, or you show your screen and allow for some interaction. This just makes the marathon a bit easier to watch for the viewers on the whole.

Another rule, and equally important, if you plan on having a Skype call in your commentary shift, not including yourself, you may have no more than two people in the call with you. So there can be you, and two additional people in the call. This is mainly because I've gotten some complaints about the past two marathons where there wasn't enough chat interaction and too much of the commentators chatting to themselves in the call. I know it's true, because I also did it, and was in a few Skype calls like this, not really aware of that problem at the time. Now I am though, so I'm laying that rule down.

Lastly, the charity. This is currently undecided, but I've been wondering if it's possible to play for "To Write Love On Her Arms", better known as TWLOHA. They're a "non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery."

Estimated Time Frame:
Friday July 20th, 2012 - Friday July 27th, 2012
6PM Central Time

My Contact Information:
You may either:
-Send me a PM via TSG
-Send me a PM via YouTube ( http://www.youtube.com/wee187 )
-Email me at wee187@gmail.com

Zeikuu
12-04-2011, 04:37 AM
Jacob, i'll be up for commentating and possibly playing FFVII or if you'd like it Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus.

wee187
12-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Jacob, i'll be up for commentating and possibly playing FFVII or if you'd like it Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus.

Sounds good. I'll add you to the list, Matt. As far as Dirge of Cerberus goes, I'll add it, but it'll be under the "Optional" page, in case we don't have time for it. I got you down for FFVII for now, though. :D

Zeikuu
12-04-2011, 12:28 PM

Sounds good. I'll add you to the list, Matt. As far as Dirge of Cerberus goes, I'll add it, but it'll be under the "Optional" page, in case we don't have time for it. I got you down for FFVII for now, though. :D

Alrighty, if somebody else wants to do FFVII then they are fine to as i'd be happy with just commentating and doing Dirge during downtime. There was plenty of that last marathon where we had Blau and Qmiser holding the fort for plenty of time.

Dannydaw003
12-04-2011, 12:41 PM
AWWWWW YEAH!!! Commentated at last year's FF marathon, and it was probably the most fun I've had since joining the community. Commentary? I volunteer! And if you need me to do anything Wee, I'll do my best to help however I can :)

wee187
12-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I saw a bit of the end of your commentary last year, and it looked pretty awesome! I got you down! :D

Rakuen
12-04-2011, 01:09 PM
How did FF5 go last year? I never had time to get into the stream, and never heard anything about it.

wee187
12-04-2011, 01:12 PM
How did FF5 go last year? I never had time to get into the stream, and never heard anything about it.

I don't really remember, to be honest. I think FF5 was played while I was in class for my college summer course last year, so I missed most of it. I believe KeyPaladin played it though.

Daskichan
12-04-2011, 03:54 PM
I'M DOWN.

For commentating. OP-ing, whatever you need (besides players).

I love me some FFthon <3333

wee187
12-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Just edited in you, Daski, as well as coreythefisher, who sent me a message signing up as well! ^_^

the1stpkmnfan
12-04-2011, 11:08 PM
4th times the charm! No doubt that I would love to volunteer to commentate. Although once I know what I have planned for the Summer, I'll keep you updated, wee.

Looking forward to the excitement. :D

wee187
12-04-2011, 11:12 PM

Alrighty, if somebody else wants to do FFVII then they are fine to as i'd be happy with just commentating and doing Dirge during downtime. There was plenty of that last marathon where we had Blau and Qmiser holding the fort for plenty of time.

Definitely!

4th times the charm! No doubt that I would love to volunteer to commentate. Although once I know what I have planned for the Summer, I'll keep you updated, wee.

Looking forward to the excitement. :D

Thanks pkmnfan! And yeah, it's all tentative right now. I thought it would be easier not have a strict commentator schedule right now, just a list, so that way it's a little less stressful to the commentator to make sure they're picking a time that they have to be available for right now.

rudy06
12-05-2011, 05:33 AM
Great to hear this going to be happening again next year! I would love to commentate/op! It is good to not start out with a schedule yet and just gauge the interest.

Man...this always brings back good memories...

Mr. Olimario
12-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Aww yeah, we're going to play some Final Fantasy and stuff.

Anyways, I can probably commentate, Wee.

Let's focus on breaking last year's donation total of $1000, everyone.

Daskichan
12-05-2011, 12:11 PM
SHOOT.
I'm in the Netherlands that week.

....Is it possible to have Daski and Nii co-commentary? 8D

wee187
12-05-2011, 12:35 PM
SHOOT.
I'm in the Netherlands that week.

....Is it possible to have Daski and Nii co-commentary? 8D

Lucky, you get to see Ni! XD Of course it's alright! That'd be awesome!

the1stpkmnfan
12-05-2011, 05:08 PM
No Daski that would be THE BOMB.

I say go for it!!

[ Post made via iPhone ]

wee187
12-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Okay, I've got KatTheBard also signed up as commentary, since she signed up while I was on Skype. xD Also, she is tentatively a back-up Final Fantasy III. Also, kemimets23 for commentary as well.

notmman
12-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Sign me up. (Because you're never on skype, I can't be bothered to PM you on youtube and I have taken a break from TSG...go me)

But fo shizzles, I have failed TWICE to be able to commentate for the FF marathon and by god I will do it in 2012.

Essentia
12-06-2011, 10:41 AM
I'd love to participate in this again, but I don't yet know what my schedule will be like in the summer. (I might be hosting another SDA marathon at my house, which would keep me pretty busy.) I hope all goes well with this, though!

wee187
12-06-2011, 11:09 AM
That's fine, Essentia. It's totally understandable, since hosting a marathon at your house takes loads of preparation and stress in of itself. You're always welcome to join though, should you be able to. ^_^

Sign me up. (Because you're never on skype, I can't be bothered to PM you on youtube and I have taken a break from TSG...go me)

But fo shizzles, I have failed TWICE to be able to commentate for the FF marathon and by god I will do it in 2012.

I got you down. :D

Ice
12-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Tentative as of right now...thats a long way away.
Buuuut, mark the duo of Ice and Gridlock down for a PRIME TIME commentating spot!

wee187
12-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Tentative as of right now...thats a long way away.
Buuuut, mark the duo of Ice and Gridlock down for a PRIME TIME commentating spot!

Sure thing! Definitely, duo commentators are welcome for one shift. :D

Muzy72
12-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Sign me up as a commentator! :D

wee187
12-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Sign me up as a commentator! :D

Great to have you back for another round of commentary this year, Muzy! :D

MegaKidicarus
12-07-2011, 06:03 PM
i will certainly play ff3 (nes) for this and will do so in the style of a let's play. also i will volunteer to commentate. my ff3 will be a single sitting. ff6 will also which ironically is my current let's play. but please keep them at least 1 day apart.

MegaKidicarus
12-07-2011, 06:05 PM
if the other player of ff6 is ok with it i propose a race takeing place in a single day or 2. also could i plan 2013 if there is no one else is able to.

rudy06
12-07-2011, 07:28 PM
if the other player of ff6 is ok with it i propose a race takeing place in a single day or 2. also could i plan 2013 if there is no one else is able to.

I wouldn't jump to start figuring out next year just yet. XD We still got a long way to go till this one before the next one will even be truly thought about.

wee187
12-07-2011, 08:16 PM

A race is would be nice, but there may not be enough time to fit in all the other games. We've got a lot of games to get through, and only two streams. I got you down for FF3 though for sure, as well as commentary.

MegaKidicarus
12-08-2011, 02:07 AM

A race is would be nice, but there may not be enough time to fit in all the other games. We've got a lot of games to get through, and only two streams. I got you down for FF3 though for sure, as well as commentary.

[ Post made via iPad ]

rinimt
12-08-2011, 05:06 PM

I wouldn't jump to start figuring out next year just yet. XD We still got a long way to go till this one before the next one will even be truly thought about.

I'm not really sure on a race (The last time I attempted a race it was on Star Ocean 4 and I got stuck on the first boss... XD). I've already spoken with Jacob and mentioned that I can go and do FFIX instead of doing FFVI if no one else wants to volunteer for it.

Also, hi! :D

wee187
12-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Definitely, if it comes to that, we can place you for FFIX.

What with the TSG Zelda marathon this Friday and all though, I'm going to be putting a little more focus on that because it's awesome. But after that, I'm going to start looking into a website and stuff we can use this year, as well as contacting the charity to make clarifications that it's okay we can hold the marathon for them. Still pretty hopeful that TWLOHA will be the charity though.

Zeikuu
12-11-2011, 03:27 PM
After the new year i'm going to practice FFVII as much as possible. I Don't need to practice Dirge of Cerberus as i can get that done in 8-10 hours regardless so i'm fine for that. I'll probably be more comfortable doing DoC anyways as i know that more but i still know FFVII a lot. It's just planning the route and shizz which is fine due to the huge time we have in advance to practice.

Sacred Nym
12-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Oh hey, it's the thing that got me to join TSG. :D

I'd be glad to play FF5. I can't make any promises that I'll be able to get a stream going for it though. I'm kinda new to the concept of streaming, but if I can figure it out and get it to work decently and such then I'd be glad to play FF5.

[strike:3cu06f6h]Scratch this. Now that I do some research I realize my connection is not even a fraction of sufficient to stream. :( As much as I&#39;d like to play, but I don&#39;t think it&#39;s going to happen.[/strike:3cu06f6h]

Screw that, I'll still try later. I'm confident that I can play the game well enough. Hopefully it won't turn out too badly, but I'd really like to help out.

Blaumagier
12-17-2011, 05:13 AM
I would like to play FFIV again this year, if that's okay. I promise i'l have my technical issues worked out in advance this time. I'd also be willing to do TAY as filler again.

[ Post made via iPad ]

Masamune
12-17-2011, 09:11 AM
i'll definitely commentate, and if it comes to it i'd gladly fill in for FFIX and FFIV. but just remember that i'm not the best speed runner lol

ff fan 4 life
12-17-2011, 01:05 PM
I tried before I think it was the second or third Marathon to maybe do Final Fantasy VII. I'd like to this time actually try to do this Community Marathon this time around it sounds a lot of fun! Since it's not till July 2012 probably by then I'd have a better PC to stream a little better 'n everything. I'd like to enroll as a back up player for Final Fantasy VII and I'd like to go ahead be a player for Final Fantasy X. As for commentary if you need a spot for that I can do that as well for back up or go ahead 'n do it straight away.

Zeikuu
12-17-2011, 01:21 PM
I tried before I think it was the second or third Marathon to maybe do Final Fantasy VII. I'd like to this time actually try to do this Community Marathon this time around it sounds a lot of fun! Since it's not till July 2012 probably by then I'd have a better PC to stream a little better 'n everything. I'd like to enroll as a back up player for Final Fantasy VII and I'd like to go ahead be a player for Final Fantasy X. As for commentary if you need a spot for that I can do that as well for back up or go ahead 'n do it straight away.

If you want you can take my main spot as FF7 player as some news came up and i can't guarantee being a player in the timeslots. Better you than me.

ff fan 4 life
12-17-2011, 01:52 PM

If you want you can take my main spot as FF7 player as some news came up and i can't guarantee being a player in the timeslots. Better you than me.

I can take your spot Zeikuu no problem, sorry you weren't able to actually do it now. Was kinda glad to see someone playing FFVII on the stream yet again. So if wee187 your reading this I'll gladly take FFVII over FFX, making FFX still open after all for anyone that wants that game.

Zeikuu
12-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah i'll still take backup as FFVII as nothing is still certain and i'm still down for Dirge of cerberus seeing as that game is short compared to FFVII.

ff fan 4 life
12-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah i'll still take backup as FFVII as nothing is still certain and i'm still down for Dirge of cerberus seeing as that game is short compared to FFVII.

Alright man. Because if something does come up with me then you can take back your slot for that game if your able to as well, you may never know. Curious is all what mode in DoC you going to be playing it on? Are you just gonna try to beat as fast as possible on the easiest mode or something else I'm missing here?

Zeikuu
12-17-2011, 01:59 PM

Alright man. Because if something does come up with me then you can take back your slot for that game if your able to as well, you may never know. Curious is all what mode in DoC you going to be playing it on? Are you just gonna try to beat as fast as possible on the easiest mode or something else I'm missing here?

Just a normal run, if i can do it in a decent time without problems then i'll do hard.

ff fan 4 life
12-17-2011, 02:03 PM

Just a normal run, if i can do it in a decent time without problems then i'll do hard.

Alright defiantly keep me updated on your run of that game I was always interested of speedrunning that game.

Speaking of that this'll be a good time for me to start setting up my route for FFVII, might actually go ahead after the Zelda Marathon start taking out my old FFVII notes 'n work on the run pronto! If Zeikuu I have any questions of any route ideas or anything can I be able to talk with you on it on PM or an email?

Zeikuu
12-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Alright defiantly keep me updated on your run of that game I was always interested of speedrunning that game.

Speaking of that this'll be a good time for me to start setting up my route for FFVII, might actually go ahead after the Zelda Marathon start taking out my old FFVII notes 'n work on the run pronto! If Zeikuu I have any questions of any route ideas or anything can I be able to talk with you on it on PM or an email?

Sure, i'm gonna be practicing that myself even if i don't play that game because i've always wanted to be able to do every final fantasy game in a decent time.

ff fan 4 life
12-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Alright sweet! Be really cool to throw ideas and better tips to one another on this run. Only thing I'm not gonna do for my run is not do the Fast Leveling up and AP glitch/trick from the first visit in Juno. I'll see if my first run goes good or decent without doing that. http://www.gamespot.com/final-fantasy-v ... latform/ps (http://www.gamespot.com/final-fantasy-vii/cheats/platform/ps)

wee187
12-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Okay, I'll add Sacred Nym for FFV, ff fan 4 life for FFVII, and a backup for FFX, as well as commentary, and Matt, I'll put you as backup for FFVII then, just in case you're still able to play and fff4l can't.

Oh, I missed Masa's post. I'll put in a tentative for Masa for both FFIX and FFIV, and then let me know what your streaming stuff/schedule is for that week and we can work something out for whichever game.

Nate Nanjo
12-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Well, FF7 is taken this time. That and it killed my computer last year.

It will be optional, but I can do Mystic Quest again. It should only take a 4 hours spot and I should be able to work it in regardless of my schedule.

Johne
12-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Oh man all the games I know the best are taken lol, well If you need a extra commentator I'd be more than happy to join Wee :D

Masamune
12-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Oh, I missed Masa's post. I'll put in a tentative for Masa for both FFIX and FFIV, and then let me know what your streaming stuff/schedule is for that week and we can work something out for whichever game.just to clarify i'm not definitely doing either game, i just meant i'd happily fill in for/back up anyone who can't do it

wee187
12-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Oh, I missed Masa's post. I'll put in a tentative for Masa for both FFIX and FFIV, and then let me know what your streaming stuff/schedule is for that week and we can work something out for whichever game.just to clarify i'm not definitely doing either game, i just meant i'd happily fill in for/back up anyone who can't do it

Ah, gotcha. I'll change it to backup then. Sorry, Masa, misunderstood. =P

Blaumagier
12-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Wee, did you miss my post? I would like to play FFIV.

wee187
12-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Wee, did you miss my post? I would like to play FFIV.

Oh, I must have missed it. Sorry about that, Lothis. Got you down now. :D

Blaumagier
12-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Sweet. And like I said in the first post, I'd also like to do TAY again for filler. I'll have my technical issues dealt with before hand - if push comes to shove I know I'll have no trouble with the GBA version of FF4 and WiiWare version of TAY, though I'd still like to do the PSP version if I can find a way to be able to capture it using my component cables. Might buy a dazzle for it.

MegaKidicarus
12-24-2011, 08:46 AM
last time i wasn't able to stream from ff6 i wanted to. this time i might be able to. i am talking about the dragon's den.

PLUMPKIN
12-25-2011, 03:55 PM
I am looking forward to this marathon and would love to commentate or chat op if there's still space! Wooo!!!

shinra114
12-26-2011, 10:14 AM
oh it would a bunch of fun to commentate for this, the community FF marathons are always so much fun

TheFearowofTime
12-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Ill defiantly commentate again ^_^

wee187
12-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Ill defiantly commentate again ^_^

Sweet! I was going to ask you anyway, Geoff. :P Thanks for signing up!

Also, I got down PLUMPKIN and shinra114 as well.

MegaKidicarus
01-01-2012, 09:54 PM
I think i am going to make a trailer for this is that alright with you wee187?

wee187
01-02-2012, 12:42 AM
I think i am going to make a trailer for this is that alright with you wee187?

That's fine. I'll also be making a trailer and/or video about it at some point later myself, but that doesn't mean you can't as well. The more, the better! :D

notmman
01-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Yeah, I was kind of thinking about making a trailer for this....

SpectacleG
01-02-2012, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't mind chat opping or commentating alongside my Tactics run, Wee. I'm hoping this year to beat my time. Last year's run was around 9 hours long marathon time (in-game timer was closer to 7 hours). Hopefully this time around I can pop off the extra two hours and make it a straight 7 hours in game and in real time.

MegaKidicarus
01-02-2012, 10:53 AM
did i meantion for my trailer i need a schedule to complete it.

wee187
01-02-2012, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't mind chat opping or commentating alongside my Tactics run, Wee. I'm hoping this year to beat my time. Last year's run was around 9 hours long marathon time (in-game timer was closer to 7 hours). Hopefully this time around I can pop off the extra two hours and make it a straight 7 hours in game and in real time.

Sounds good, Spec. I'm leaving arranging chat ops until the marathon gets closer, but I'll keep you in mind, and I'll also add you to the commentary list.

did i meantion for my trailer i need a schedule to complete it.

I'd love to have a schedule now, but the problem is that the marathon is a little over half a year away at this point, so it's near impossible for players/commentators to know when they'll be able to play until at least two months before the marathon. Maybe you can make do without it? If not, you may have to wait until it gets a bit closer.

MegaKidicarus
01-02-2012, 03:58 PM
i can do parts of the project ie some big clips (1-15) (the games on the list) 16 is the huge final clip that will be put on youtube. 1 -10 are ff1-10 respectively 11and 12 are ff12 and ff13 13 is final fantasy mystic quest and 14 is tactics. (15 is filler) and 16 compiles all the those numbered clips 1-15 and adds stuff ie players date charity times. and special effects.
but for ff1-6 i need to know the version ie snes (plz do for ff4 ff5 and ff6 on this to make my life easier ) gba ps1 ff3 run is nes btw. ff6 run is on the snes.

wee187
01-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Well, it's up to the players to decide which version they play on, if I'm understanding what you're asking correctly. O:

Not sure about FFIV and FFV, but I know that you'll be handling FFVI on the SNES if I'm not mistaken, and rinimt will be handling the GBA version of the game. As of right now, FFVI is the only game being played more than once. I'm not sure what consoles FF1-5 will be played on yet though. That depends on the players.

MegaKidicarus
01-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Well, it's up to the players to decide which version they play on, if I'm understanding what you're asking correctly. O:

Not sure about FFIV and FFV, but I know that you'll be handling FFVI on the SNES if I'm not mistaken, and rinimt will be handling the GBA version of the game. As of right now, FFVI is the only game being played more than once. I'm not sure what consoles FF1-5 will be played on yet though. That depends on the players.
ff3 is nes

Sacred Nym
01-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I'd planned to do FF5 on the GBA.

NYVideoGameFreak
01-03-2012, 04:41 PM
sign me up for commentator and OP in chat plox.

PrincessLuna
01-04-2012, 12:26 AM
I'll Do FF9, if no one else will take it.

Blaumagier
01-04-2012, 09:22 AM
I will be using the PSP version of FFIV, unless technical issues come up, in which case my reliable backup will be the GBA version.

Poxnor
01-04-2012, 12:46 PM
I guess someone else wants to play FFVIII. If I can be a backup, I'd love to be :)

MegaKidicarus
01-13-2012, 06:39 AM
i'd like to make it known that my ff6 run can't be run on a saturday or the starting day.but ff3 can possibly be on the starting day but would prefer it on a later day after 11 cst. ff6's time should be 13-15 hours ff3 is 6-9 (will have a better estimate) the times i can play 7am-10:30p.m again cst all the time related things are cst.

wee187
01-13-2012, 11:27 PM
I guess someone else wants to play FFVIII. If I can be a backup, I'd love to be :)

Sounds good! You're signed up as backup. By the way, Pox, I may contact you as the marathon gets closer. You don't have to of course, but I would really appreciate it if I could have your help with the ChipIn and such this last time. You've been a wonderful help these past two marathons. :)

i'd like to make it known that my ff6 run can't be run on a saturday or the starting day.but ff3 can possibly be on the starting day but would prefer it on a later day after 11 cst. ff6's time should be 13-15 hours ff3 is 6-9 (will have a better estimate) the times i can play 7am-10:30p.m again cst all the time related things are cst.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Sounds good, Mega. =]

--------------------

Regarding the marathon itself, there is a rule I'm going to be adding as far as commentary shifts go, and that is that you must either have a webcam or some computer screen capture device to commentate. I'd really appreciate it if there were no "black screen" commentators this year. So either you show yourself with a webcam, or you show your screen and allow for some interaction. This just makes the marathon a bit easier to watch for the viewers on the whole.

Another rule, and equally important, if you plan on having a Skype call in your commentary shift, not including yourself, you may have no more than two people in the call with you. So there can be you, and two additional people in the call. This is mainly because I've gotten some complaints about the past two marathons where there wasn't enough chat interaction and too much of the commentators chatting to themselves in the call. I know it's true, because I also did it, and was in a few Skype calls like this, not really aware of that problem at the time. Now I am though, so I'm laying that rule down.

I'll begin scheduling commentary shift times soon. After that, the game schedule will gradually be filled in and edited as time goes on.

Blaumagier
01-14-2012, 11:47 PM
I want to re-emphasize, in case it was missed before, that I plan on playing PSP Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection for both FF4 and, if time permits, The After Years (also if time permits I would like to do the Intermission.) WiiWare and GBA versions are my reliable backups in case of technical issues. Furthermore, I'm willing to help with filler using Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV, Itadaki Street Special (PS2), and Itadaki Street Portable (PSP) - both Itadaki Streets, or Fortune Street if you prefer, are the ones that are Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy.

As far as scheduling goes, I will be available whenever I'm around to do filler (I imagine the greatest need will be after I get home from work in the mornings around 6:30 A.M. CST). For games to be scheduled, any day time works between 6:30 A.M. and 9:30 P.M. CST. I am also free any time from 6:30 A.M. Saturday morning until 9:30 P.M. Monday night, as that is my weekend off.

My game times can be expected as (or better):

Final Fantasy IV: 11 hours

Interlude: 2 hours 30 minutes

The After Years: Total: 37 hours
Ceodore's Tale: 2 hours 30 minutes
Rydia's Tale: 3 hours 30 minutes
Yang's Tale: 1 hour 30 minutes
Palom's Tale: 3 hours
Edge's Tale: 2 hours 30 minutes
Porom's Tale: 2 hours
Edward's Tale: 1 hour 30 minutes
Kain's Tale: 1 hour 30 minutes
Lunarian's Tale: 2 hours
The Crystals: 17 hours

Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV, and both Itadaki Streets can be whatever, I don't expect any kind of completion out of any of them.

Looking back on things, I can't believe I put in 48 hours of play time last marathon. Wow! Haha. Anyways, I could probably shave some time off The After Years if I had some save files for the individual tales already maxed out and ready to be imported into The Crystals.

MegaKidicarus
01-15-2012, 12:12 AM
i'd like to commentary but wait till marathon closer

SpectacleG
01-15-2012, 11:06 AM
you must either have a webcam or some computer screen capture device to commentate.
I'd just like to point out that I like this rule, but I would like to make the suggestion that scheduled commentators use webcam only. Far too many times have I watched commentary that devolves into inane things like, "watch me play this completely unrelated game!" or "take a look at my 'artistic talents' for 3 hours while I barely talk about anything except them!" I can see using the screen capture once in a while to show something off, but three full hours of watching distracting images unrelated to the game or commentary is a slight turn-off. If I just see a computer screen with someone mumbling over it I'm more likely to mute the commentary and just watch the game and talk in chat. I know there are at least a few people who agree with my assessment of that so I thought I'd throw my suggestion out there.

This of course does not count for anyone who likes to talk while they play (which is what I did last year during my ENTIRE Tactics run, mainly to keep myself awake and aware). Also anyone who has a pretty good excuse for it (i.e. not having a webcam or something like that) is excluded as well.

Dementrious
01-15-2012, 11:12 AM
you must either have a webcam or some computer screen capture device to commentate.
I'd just like to point out that I like this rule, but I would like to make the suggestion that scheduled commentators use webcam only. Far too many times have I watched commentary that devolves into inane things like, "watch me play this completely unrelated game!" or "take a look at my 'artistic talents' for 3 hours while I barely talk about anything except them!" I can see using the screen capture once in a while to show something off, but three full hours of watching distracting images unrelated to the game or commentary is a slight turn-off. If I just see a computer screen with someone mumbling over it I'm more likely to mute the commentary and just watch the game and talk in chat. I know there are at least a few people who agree with my assessment of that so I thought I'd throw my suggestion out there.

This of course does not count for anyone who likes to talk while they play (which is what I did last year during my ENTIRE Tactics run, mainly to keep myself awake and aware). Also anyone who has a pretty good excuse for it (i.e. not having a webcam or something like that) is excluded as well.
This this this all the way. It's one thing to try and find fun activities to do during your commentary shift, but the ones where I'm staring at not a person make me just mute the commentary right off. I don't deal with it because it's boring. The idea is to be entertaining and bring people in to watch, but also stay. I suggest trying to figure things out about the game you're doing commentary with and actually talk about what's going on. You don't have to give play by play, but stay relevant. If you can pop in some sound strategy for a boss fight or some interesting trivia about an area it makes it that much more fun. As much as we'd all like to just go "durrhurr I'm on a webcam" it's so much better if you know what you're doing when you're doing it.

Daskichan
01-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Well, I'm with Spec & Dem a good majority of the way, but I don't think it's entirely fair to stipulate whether or not the commentator must talk about the game being played. We all know with the amount of times I went down last year due to internet issues that my CPU can barely handle me streaming, watching the chat, and watching the game.

Maybe I'm reading too much into a suggestion or whatnot, but I think as long as you're not just sitting there staring at the screen during your "commentary" and at least interact with something (the chat or the game), then you're fine.

I do agree that commentators should not play games during their shifts; and the ONLY exception is if there is not a game being played due to whatever issue. But the game must be Final Fantasy related.

SpectacleG
01-15-2012, 01:03 PM
and the ONLY exception is if there is not a game being played due to whatever issue. But the game must be Final Fantasy related.
Or Audiosurf with Final Fantasy music tracks <_< (to be fair that was me doing filler because the next streamer was going to be an hour late)

Muzy72
01-16-2012, 11:25 AM
I know absolutely nothing about the FF games, so talking about the games would be pretty hard for me :V

[ Post made via Samsung Epic ]

Poxnor
01-16-2012, 01:46 PM
By the way, Pox, I may contact you as the marathon gets closer. You don't have to of course, but I would really appreciate it if I could have your help with the ChipIn and such this last time. You've been a wonderful help these past two marathons. :)
I wouldn't recommend me being the "treasurer" (or whatever you want to call it) again, for the simple reason of currency exchange. Last year, money donated went directly into my Paypal account, which I in-turn donated to the charity via their online donation form. Unfortunately, because I'm Canadian, that meant that I was hit with two currency exchanges (first USD to CAD when I withdrew the money from Paypal into my bank account, then me donating in USD to the charity). Paypal really rips you off in currency exchanges, and I was pretty cranky with them.

Quite frankly, the best thing to do is to find a charity that has (or is willing to open) a Paypal account, so the money does directly to them, without any middleman (you could ask the SDA people about their experiences here). Alternately, we should at least look at having an American with a Paypal account act as treasurer. (But seriously consider finding a charity with a Paypal account!)

01-17-2012, 06:05 PM
I could help commentate wee.

Blaumagier
01-31-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm looking into buying one of these with my tax return this year:

http://www.amazon.com/Gefen-EXT-HOMETS- ... B000VBGYHG (http://www.amazon.com/Gefen-EXT-HOMETS-Home-Theater-Scaler/dp/B000VBGYHG)

hopefully with that, I'll be able to use my component cables on my PSP 2000 with my Blackmagic Intensity Pro and I won't have any technical issues, like the crashes last year (forseeable ones anyways).

Baltes
01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
My understanding is that only the PSP3000 has video out in game, the 2000 was videos and such.

Masamune
01-31-2012, 09:16 AM
i have a 2000 and component cables work fine with it

Baltes
01-31-2012, 09:20 AM
Hmmm composite cables? There was a reason we HAD to buy a 3000 for KH

Masamune
01-31-2012, 09:40 AM
can't remember trying out composite. i think it might've done and it looked ugly as hell, but idk

Baltes
01-31-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't remember either

wee187
01-31-2012, 11:37 AM
I was under the impression Composite /and/ component only worked for PSP3000. That's how I did my Birth by Sleep LP, anyway. My TV can't output component, otherwise I would have done so when I played in the KH marathon.

Still, if PSP2000s work, then awesome!

Also, I'm not going to allow any more games added in the "Optional" category other than the ones listed. We do only have a week to do all these games, and the original point of side games was to make up for any main games that couldn't be played. That, in itself, is a worst case scenario. Nevertheless, the games listed are definitely open! I'm working on the charity stuff currently, and then I'll tackle the schedule. One thing at a time.

Blaumagier
01-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Games definitely work through component cables on a PSP 2000. My problem with Blackmagic is that the capture card can't capture 480p, which is what the PSP has to be set to for games, so I need an upscaler. Composite cables are only capable of movies, music, and other stuff that can be done with the XMB menu, as well as the 480i setting when using component cables. I'm not sure why Britt insisted on a PSP 3000. It might be issues with BBS in particular, or it could've just been rumors and he didn't want to take chances, might have been that a 3000 was all he could find at GameStop (and I think I remember hearing something about that). In any case, I know FFIVCC works on a PSP 2000 with component cables, my only problem is getting the capture card to read 480p.

Baltes
01-31-2012, 01:59 PM
At the time of KH Everything was being done with a dazzle and we were unable to get it working properly with the many halfassed methods people had devised
So to avoid headache we obtained a PSP3000

Also software updates since December 2010 may have made more games work.

BuizelBro
02-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I might be able to do some commentary, so put me down tentatively. I'll be sure to support you guys and show up though! last year this was really fun and successful.

MegaKidicarus
02-04-2012, 08:06 AM
wee you know how every year we have a second run of a game as filler i could tenetively do either stream ff1 or ff2 for filler.

wee187
02-04-2012, 05:13 PM
wee you know how every year we have a second run of a game as filler i could tenetively do either stream ff1 or ff2 for filler.

The "Optional" category was meant to combat this issue, but I have a feeling there will still be some needed filler time, so you're more than welcome to if the case arises.

MegaKidicarus
02-05-2012, 10:19 AM
scratch that sign me up for ff1 backup

Emptyeye2112
02-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Wow, I haven't posted here in awhile other than to announce I'm streaming again.

Anyway, if you don't care about what version (Actually, I have three different ones (NES, PS1 (I think this is at my parents' place), GBA)), I'd like to tentatively volunteer to do Final Fantasy 1. I've never really done a community stream before, and I think I finally have a setup that won't stick out as being completely terrible. :)

wee187
02-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Wow, I haven't posted here in awhile other than to announce I'm streaming again.

Anyway, if you don't care about what version (Actually, I have three different ones (NES, PS1 (I think this is at my parents' place), GBA)), I'd like to tentatively volunteer to do Final Fantasy 1. I've never really done a community stream before, and I think I finally have a setup that won't stick out as being completely terrible. :)

Any version is fine, so long as you're confident that you can finish the game. :) I'll sign you up as tentative for FF1.

puwexil
02-06-2012, 12:04 AM
If you need a backup for FF7, I just speedran it for the latest Speed Demos Archive marathon and would be happy to run it for charity again. My marathon route usually gives me times between 9 1/2 and 10 hours (PSX version) - I've got a couple of practice runs archived on my TwitchTV channel at http://www.twitch.tv/puwexil if you need proof.

I can also speedrun Kingdom Hearts II in about 4 1/2 hours for fastest completion and 6 hours for all world completion, if you need any bonus games.

wee187
02-06-2012, 12:15 PM
If you need a backup for FF7, I just speedran it for the latest Speed Demos Archive marathon and would be happy to run it for charity again. My marathon route usually gives me times between 9 1/2 and 10 hours (PSX version) - I've got a couple of practice runs archived on my TwitchTV channel at http://www.twitch.tv/puwexil if you need proof.

I can also speedrun Kingdom Hearts II in about 4 1/2 hours for fastest completion and 6 hours for all world completion, if you need any bonus games.

I'll put you on the backup for FFVII! :)

At least for right now, we don't need any extra optional games, as we've got quite the list already, especially since KH is barely a spin-off and more of its own series these days. However, if the need ever arises that we do, and you're still willing, I'll definitely let you know.

Blaumagier
02-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I've heard some pretty amazing things about the last speed demos archives marathon FF7 run.

MegaKidicarus
02-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I've heard some pretty amazing things about the last speed demos archives marathon FF7 run.
IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!

drawmon
02-08-2012, 09:28 AM
If I can find a way to show me playing ff2 on GBA without the gbaplayer I will gladly play that game.

wee187
02-08-2012, 09:34 AM
If I can find a way to show me playing ff2 on GBA without the gbaplayer I will gladly play that game.

Sounds good. Let me know how it goes, and if you can, I'll sign you up. I'm definitely okay with you using an emulator under this situation. It's not always easy to use other methods, so don't worry if that ends up being the case.

[ Post made via iPad ]

drawmon
02-09-2012, 01:07 AM
If u would let me use an emulator I will have no problem streaming for this marathon unless my voice is needed I still havent figured that out yet.

mayday22
02-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Wee, I might be able to help out more this year but I won't really know until I figure out if I'm going to be taking a class at that time or not (because our summer classes are 5 days a week for four weeks, and I might also be working.)

So sign me up tentatively.

Also I might be able to help with paypal stuff, just let me know.

Baltes
02-09-2012, 12:42 PM
What can I do to help?

wee187
02-16-2012, 11:58 AM
I've made a list of things that need to get done before the marathon happens, a checklist of sorts. Just to keep myself organized. I'll post it here so we can see what still needs to get done in the coming months.

1 - Set up a flexible commentator schedule. I was thinking about having shifts of two hours during the busier periods of the marathon, such as during the day, with three hour shifts at night, when less people are watching.

2 - Contact players to ensure that they can play. This is more constant, as I like to hear from them periodically.

3 - Select and contact possible Chat OPs. This is actually one of the last stages of marathon organization for me. I'll decide and ask certain people myself if they would like to OP, but anyone is welcome to request for consideration. I plan on having 15-20 OPs, since this is a week-long marathon, and not everyone is available all the time.

4 - Put together a flexible gaming schedule. This is going to be the most labour-intensive. I admittedly haven't starting thinking about this yet, but I'll have to get around to it soon, as it takes a while to organize and then make sure it works for all of the players. It's also hard for players to know when they can play until at least two months or so before the marathon itself.

5 - Contact/Research TWLOHA to find information on charity donation stuffs. I'm actually in the process of doing this, albeit slowly, so I should have this out of the way soon.

6 - Find/create a site to host the marathon on. If it's alright with Tan, maybe we can use the same site we used last year. If not, I'll have to work on making a new one, which might be kind of challenging, as I've got little to no experience in doing stuff like this.

7 - Create 3 twitch accounts for the streams. If we use last year's marathon accounts, this won't be an issue.

8 - Create a banner. Or two. We could probably have a contest, just like the last two years.

9 - Set up a chipin widget. This isn't too bad, and will happen the same time the site is being arranged.

10 - Promotion. I'm making a video to advertise again. I'm planning on editing together a trailer just as I did for the 2010 community FF marathon. Last year's was lazily put together last minute, because I totally forgot about it. There's plently of room for everyone to do other sorts of promotion as well, perhaps we could even promote during the Pokethon. But this comes a little later, when everything else is mostly in place.

This is mainly what we need to get done. I think I've covered everything. If not, let me know. If anyone is able to help out in any way, I'd appreciate it. So far though, it's going alright.

FeilOng156
02-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Question, I don't see Tactics A2 on that list. Are you only doing the original Tactics? I ask because Tactics A2 is a game I've played through many times.

rudy06
02-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Question, I don't see Tactics A2 on that list. Are you only doing the original Tactics? I ask because Tactics A2 is a game I've played through many times.

The list of optional games means they are completely optional. The main series are the main event and the meat of the marathon. The optional games will be used to fill in during times where there are not two players playing core games. Wee froze the list of optional games to what it currently is as there is normally an issue with just finishing the main games. The reason A2 is not on there is because no one offered to do it (or did before Wee froze the list.)

Daskichan
02-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Hey Wee,

If you need any help with scheduling, I'm totally your chica. :3
Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out.

wee187
02-16-2012, 06:16 PM

The list of optional games means they are completely optional. The main series are the main event and the meat of the marathon. The optional games will be used to fill in during times where there are not two players playing core games. Wee froze the list of optional games to what it currently is as there is normally an issue with just finishing the main games. The reason A2 is not on there is because no one offered to do it (or did before Wee froze the list.)

Pretty much. Personally, I absolutely love FFTA2, and Luso's in my top 10 favourite characters of all time. But it's just a bit hard to fit in. FFT games in general are pretty long, and we've got a fat list of games already. XD

Hey Wee,

If you need any help with scheduling, I'm totally your chica. :3
Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out.

Thanks! When the time comes, if you can help out, that would be absolutely awesome! :D

the1stpkmnfan
02-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Two hour commentator shifts is very solid. I like that set up. Keep it real, Wee! Looks good so far. Knowing you, this will be nothing you can't do. Need any help though, I'd like to wing in and see what I can do to help you out.

Emptyeye2112
02-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Just a quick note: I'm still interested in this. If it'll help you schedule stuff at all, I don't see any reason I'd have a problem with leading off the marathon with FF1 (gogo Monday-through-Friday job).

Tuesday night, I'll be streaming the end of FF1 Dawn of Souls. From there, I eventually plan to work on getting the time down.

Iron Punkle
02-18-2012, 10:55 PM
If you're still looking for commentators, I'll gladly volunteer for a shift.

wee187
02-19-2012, 01:21 PM
If you're still looking for commentators, I'll gladly volunteer for a shift.

Oh yes, the more the better! :D Welcome aboard, Iron Punkle! You're added to the list.

Just a quick note: I'm still interested in this. If it'll help you schedule stuff at all, I don't see any reason I'd have a problem with leading off the marathon with FF1 (gogo Monday-through-Friday job).

Tuesday night, I'll be streaming the end of FF1 Dawn of Souls. From there, I eventually plan to work on getting the time down.

I'll keep that in mind. I can't make any promises quite yet, but if I can fit you in at the beginning, I'll be more than happy to. =)

Two hour commentator shifts is very solid. I like that set up. Keep it real, Wee! Looks good so far. Knowing you, this will be nothing you can't do. Need any help though, I'd like to wing in and see what I can do to help you out.

Thanks pkmnfan! I'll be sure to let you know if I need anything. You're awesome for being so supportive. :D

Blaumagier
02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
I got my Gefen Home Theater Scaler and after several hours of figuring this crap out, I got it to work with my PSP. This means I will be able to use the PSP version of FFIV for all my FFIV needs during the marathon!

Araman
02-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Awesome choice on the charity... TWLOHA is amazing. I know I kinda fell through last year with playing FF4 (largely due to technical issues), but hoping I can be forgiven as I'd really like to commentate. Put me down, please :)

PrincessLuna
02-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Just posting I'm still here xD, Had to finish school! Woo Done with that stuff now!
Anyway Did a recent like semi-quick run of FF9 and clocked around 11 hours and that was with a lot AFK time, and compulsive saving at every point, as well as it being the PSN version (Load time differences). So my estimated time is like 9-10 hours.

Caracarn
02-27-2012, 02:49 PM
I'd like to volunteer for running Final Fantasy X. I would have volunteered a while ago, but I just now found out about this marathon. Some of you may know me as the guy who runs this game several times a weekend going for a good run to submit to Speed Demos Archive. I consistently get times under 10:50.

I will make sure to save periodically in case of deadly ambushes.

wee187
02-27-2012, 05:26 PM
I'd like to volunteer for running Final Fantasy X. I would have volunteered a while ago, but I just now found out about this marathon. Some of you may know me as the guy who runs this game several times a weekend going for a good run to submit to Speed Demos Archive. I consistently get times under 10:50.

I will make sure to save periodically in case of deadly ambushes.

Soooounds good! We'd be glad to have you! Just be sure to keep in touch, and check here regularly. As we get closer, I'll start PMing people to set up a solid schedule. Also, since this is your first post, welcome to TSG. :)

Awesome choice on the charity... TWLOHA is amazing. I know I kinda fell through last year with playing FF4 (largely due to technical issues), but hoping I can be forgiven as I'd really like to commentate. Put me down, please :)

Great! I'll put you down for commentary, Araman.

Just posting I'm still here xD, Had to finish school! Woo Done with that stuff now!
Anyway Did a recent like semi-quick run of FF9 and clocked around 11 hours and that was with a lot AFK time, and compulsive saving at every point, as well as it being the PSN version (Load time differences). So my estimated time is like 9-10 hours.

Holy cow! That's awesome. Thanks for checking in as well. I'm pretty confident you'll do awesome. :D

I got my Gefen Home Theater Scaler and after several hours of figuring this crap out, I got it to work with my PSP. This means I will be able to use the PSP version of FFIV for all my FFIV needs during the marathon!

Awesome. The PSP version of FF4 is by far my favourite. :D

Muzy72
02-27-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm getting a new laptop soon (it's shipping as we speak!), and since it comes with a webcam, I definitely won't have any mic/webcam issues like I did last year. Just thought I'd let you know! :D

[ Post made via Samsung Epic ]

bradff7
02-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I would love to volunteer! I love Final Fantasy and live for the game! I just finished my Final Fantasy Tactics LP so I have some experience playing final fantasy games. I Can play and would enjoy almost any final fantasy game! I would love to be part of this, I can play :

Final Fantasy 5 - 8
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy 13

I would really enjoy helping out with this and getting more involved in the community! Hope to be part of this!

~Bradff7

bradff7
02-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Seems I was kinda confused on my past post. I am a huge final fantasy fan and would enjoy commentating on any game, If I was to be given a choice my personal favorites are FF7, FF8, and FFT but I would love doing anything

Thank you again

~Bradff7

wee187
02-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Hey there! You're more than welcome to commentate. Just be sure to go over the rules in the first post on commentating, etc. and you should be all set. I'll add you to the list. The commentator schedule and the game schedule are being set up separate from each other, so I can't promise you'd commentate on a specific game, at least yet.

bradff7
02-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Thank you, Im perfectly fine with any Final Fantasy game, they are all amazing!

Emptyeye2112
03-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Quick question: Is it okay if I do commentary/webcam type stuff while I play my game? If you've ever watched one of my streams, you know that a lot of my streaming style is to talk about the games while I play, and I'd like to do that here as well. :)

caramelslice
03-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Hey, if we have some prizes/giveaways should we mail them to certain commentators or what?

wee187
03-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Quick question: Is it okay if I do commentary/webcam type stuff while I play my game? If you've ever watched one of my streams, you know that a lot of my streaming style is to talk about the games while I play, and I'd like to do that here as well. :)

That's totally fine! Definitely! :D It would be separate from the commentator stream though, so if you had a webcam, you'd have to cohost it into the same stream, or somehow do something to that effect. But if you can pull that off, great! Last few times, Essentia played FFX while commentating through it(no webcam, just audio over the game) and that was great too. I believe Poxnor also did the same then too.

Hey, if we have some prizes/giveaways should we mail them to certain commentators or what?

Hmm, well in the past, we've never had a situation where somebody other than the commentator got the prize to give it away. If somebody who doesn't commentate gets it just to have a prize to give away, I'd say mail it over to me, and I'd either give it away in my commentator shifts, or work with a certain commentator to host a scheduled raffle or something in their shift.

rudy06
03-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Wee, if you need any help with the website let me know. I meant to respond to that when you first posted it, but got sidetracked. XD Depending on if it has to be redone or reused, I've been trying to think up some interesting ideas.

wee187
03-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Wee, if you need any help with the website let me know. I meant to respond to that when you first posted it, but got sidetracked. XD Depending on if it has to be redone or reused, I've been trying to think up some interesting ideas.

Great! I'm going to contact Tan soon if I can for some information on last year's site. It's definitely still there, but I don't know the passwords to edit the site itself. And if we can reuse the JTV ustream accounts from last year, that'd be great too, but I also need to see if Tan has the passwords for those, because I definitely don't remember them. But I could probably check old PMs for that, since I archive all my previous PMs, and last year I sent out the JTV passwords to the commentators and players along with Tan.

Emptyeye2112
03-05-2012, 07:36 PM
That's totally fine! Definitely! :D It would be separate from the commentator stream though, so if you had a webcam, you'd have to cohost it into the same stream, or somehow do something to that effect. But if you can pull that off, great! Last few times, Essentia played FFX while commentating through it(no webcam, just audio over the game) and that was great too. I believe Poxnor also did the same then too.

That works. I tend to stick the webcam in the bottom-right corner of my stream, but I can easily work without it if need be (Especially since I don't use the webcam's mic, instead using a Rock Band mic :D). Either way, this will be fun!

Caracarn
03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
So, if the commentator stream is going to be separate from the game stream, would I need to be on skype with the commentators so we don't talk over each other? I always talk throughout the game when I'm streaming so I don't go crazy.

However, the way I broadcast sound, the voices from skype would be getting broadcast over both streams, so I guess I would need to mute the stereo mix and change the microphone to the game sound only in Xsplit.

Another thing, when we stream the game, will the players be connecting to a specific marathon account, or will we be just streaming from our own accounts?

rudy06
03-05-2012, 08:12 PM
So, if the commentator stream is going to be separate from the game stream, would I need to be on skype with the commentators so we don't talk over each other? I always talk throughout the game when I'm streaming so I don't go crazy.

However, the way I broadcast sound, the voices from skype would be getting broadcast over both streams, so I guess I would need to mute the stereo mix and change the microphone to the game sound only in Xsplit.

Another thing, when we stream the game, will the players be connecting to a specific marathon account, or will we be just streaming from our own accounts?

In the past, the commentators and streamers are not normally in contact with one another. Many times it comes down to either the viewers or streamers can't handle the load of skyping and streaming at the same time. However, I do think this could be done but it is in no way necessary to do so.

We have also had specific accounts set up for the marathon. It requires the account to be embedded on the page, so switching in individual accounts both takes away from flow of the marathon as well as losing viewers (as many may not refresh.) I believe Wee is tracking down the accounts that were used last year. We had three streams (2 game, 1 commentator) running last year.

wee187
03-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Yes, usually commentators and players don't communicate too much, but it is possible. I know that when I played, I would always run the commentator stream so I can hear the commentator, and I'd still have the chat open. As I mentioned earlier, Essentia and Poxnor had mics as they played, so they could talk to the commentator and the chat through that as well. It would be separate, but still there.

The reason this is done so is mainly because some people are there specifically for the commentary, while others specifically for the game. Many and most come for a clean balance of both.

And as Rudy said, I'm trying to track down the accounts from last year. I'm really busy school-wise right now with finals and everything, but once I've got that out of the way, I plan on spending the majority of spring break sorting things out for the marathon. It's still quite a long ways away, but it is creeping up slowly but surely.

puwexil
03-06-2012, 10:52 AM
If the idea is to separate game-related commentary from marathon-related commentary; then If I end up playing FF7 I'd somewhat prefer to have Caracarn, Essentia, and/or Poxnor (the other Final Fantasy speedrunners I know through SDA) on my game stream via Skype to help with game-related commentary (and with keeping my sanity during the cutscene-heavy blocks).

If that would clash too much with the plans for the commentary stream, then I'm cool with whatever.

MegaKidicarus
03-10-2012, 08:46 PM
i can honestly say that my ff6 got to the point where i can pick it up after months without playing and go through my route extremely well. the only test running was my youtube lp (my route has a huge difference in the world of ruin though and i don't talk to npcs and i show a way to do something the not intended way)

ff fan 4 life
03-10-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm gonna drop out from all that I signed up to do for this event. I got a lot on my plate right now and more to come with me moving in the summer so I really can't do this even though I wanted to kinda badly. I hope it goes well with this marathon.

wee187
03-11-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm gonna drop out from all that I signed up to do for this event. I got a lot on my plate right now and more to come with me moving in the summer so I really can't do this even though I wanted to kinda badly. I hope it goes well with this marathon.

Sorry to hear! Nevertheless, thank you for letting me know ahead of time, that's awesome of you. Good luck with your move in the summer. :)

Well, I suppose that means that we have an open shift for Final Fantasy VII for those who are interested!

puwexil
03-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I'll take primary for FFVII if that's OK.

wee187
03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Sure thing Puwexil! If you can, let me know how long you think your run would take. You don't have to know now, but I'll need to have an idea when I get around to actually scheduling the game schedule.

puwexil
03-11-2012, 11:40 PM
10:30 for the full run with some buffer time (for bad luck and marathon stuff like taking donations for character names, manipulating the Gold Saucer date, and recruiting Yuffie/Vincent), or 6:15 for disc 1 and 4:15 for discs 2/3 if you want to split it up.

wee187
03-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Oh wow, that's great! :D Thanks for participating, can't wait to see your run. I could never speedrun FFVII myself, it's one of those games I like to take my time on. (FFXII, on the other hand, that's totally my field :D )

MegaKidicarus
03-12-2012, 08:23 AM
ff3 will be a great run.

StandAlone3
03-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Haha, you guys are doing it again? Good luck, slam me in as a tentative commentator if you don't mind :D

Sacred Nym
03-18-2012, 11:32 AM
I may not be able to stream that week after all. :( It's looking like I might be out of town then. It's still a ways off so I can't be sure, but I thought I'd give a heads up.

Sorry guys, I was really hoping to contribute to this.

Nate Nanjo
03-18-2012, 10:46 PM
10:30 for the full run with some buffer time (for bad luck and marathon stuff like taking donations for character names, manipulating the Gold Saucer date, and recruiting Yuffie/Vincent), or 6:15 for disc 1 and 4:15 for discs 2/3 if you want to split it up.

I feel bad reading this that it took me 13:30 last year to complete game with out all the extras. Although I didn't really put a lot of time into practicing so I don't think it was that bad.

I have however practiced Mystic Quest twice this year. I finished with 3:20 the second time, but had luck go my way completely. The first time was around 4:40 and had everything go wrong that was possible. :(

So in all I'll need a pretty small window to fit it in to the marathon.

colwin1
03-20-2012, 05:55 PM
I'd like to do commentary, preferably during V or VI, cause I know those games best. But if necessary, any time would do, coming up with things to talk about isn't too hard.

wee187
03-20-2012, 09:07 PM
I'll get you down, colwin1.

Sorry to hear, Sacred Nym! Was looking forward to watching, but it's understandable. And Nate, even your time last year is still impressive. I could never even dream of finishing FFVII anytime under 20 hours. Heck, I finished Disc 1 in my latest playthrough in 27. xD

wee187
03-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Double posting, but it's been a little while. I've gone ahead and removed FFXI, FFXIV, FFX-2, and FFXIII-2 from the list. If anyone wants to take it later, that's fine, but at the moment, they're not taken and we've got enough to fit in one week.

The commentator schedule should be up soon. Players, expect to get a PM from me asking an idea of your game time within the week. I need to start scheduling soon.

Also! FFV is still open! If you can speedrun it, feel free to sign up.

MegaKidicarus
03-28-2012, 02:14 PM
ff6 will be between 14-15 hours

puwexil
03-28-2012, 02:59 PM
I feel bad reading this that it took me 13:30 last year to complete game with out all the extras. Although I didn't really put a lot of time into practicing so I don't think it was that bad.
I probably did 7 or 8 full practice runs before the SDA marathon (along with a lot of practice of specific bosses and minigames), so don't feel bad - that sounds like a pretty good time given the circumstances.

wee187
03-28-2012, 05:03 PM
ff6 will be between 14-15 hours

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. And what about for FF3?

So far, I've got MegaKid for 14-16 hours on his run of FFVI, puwexil for 10:30-ish on FFVII. As far as I know, that's the only times I have. I'm not doing Strong Mode on this year's speedrun of FFXII, so I'm currently doing a practice run of IZJS to figure out a new time. So far, I'm 8 hours at the Reflessia boss before Giruvegan, but that's still far from being near the end of the game.

Emptyeye2112
03-28-2012, 09:47 PM
I have a bit of an issue at the moment. I should be able to solve it one way or another between now and the marathon, but as a heads-up, I'm 99% sure it's currently preventing me from streaming.

Presuming I can do this, FF1 Dawn of Souls took me 10-10.5 hours last time I played it, but that was very casual. The time should drop by at least a couple hours once I actually remember where everything is (And use a party that's not Monk/Monk/White Mage/White Mage). :)

MegaKidicarus
03-29-2012, 02:27 PM
ff3 is about 6-9 hours maybe 10 or 11 if people donate for extras ie getting bahamut, levithan, odin, and eureka items

MegaKidicarus
03-29-2012, 02:38 PM
ff1 i still need to get a estimate

wee187
03-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Alright, although you'd only be playing FF1 is EmptyEye can't, which if actually a possibility, so I suppose it's good to be ready just in case. :P

[ Post made via iPad ]

MegaKidicarus
03-29-2012, 06:08 PM
i just have to get this year of school over and my oot run for Jasef's marathon done till i can actually do the test run.

wee187
03-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Sounds good. In the meantime, I'll go with Empty's current estimate of 11 hours (10.5 rounded up) for scheduling purposes. There's still plenty of time, but the more stuff that's not done last minute, the better.

Araman
03-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Looks like this is coming together nicely! Looking forward to commentating for it and since I'll likely have a little newborn babe at this time, I might just have to preemptively take a late night/early morning shift since I'll probably be up anyway :)

Caracarn
03-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Final Fantasy X should be less than 11 hours, but with saving and marathon strats it might be a bit longer than usual, especially if I do any extra stuff that I wouldn't do in a serious run.

Also, there is a slight possibility that I might be able to do X-2 by the time the marathon gets here, but I have just barely started dabbling in speedrunning it, so I may not be ready for it in time. It would be on the original Japanese version if I do it, so that should be 4 hours or less.

PrincessLuna
04-01-2012, 03:13 PM
So far times i got on my runs
FF9 PSN version - 10:24, 10:38, 10:56, 11:02
FF9 Discs Ps2 Fast disc -9:17, 9:48
My Disc1 is gimped up and seems to work only on ps2 and not ps3.Depending on if I get a dazzle Or new FF9 Discs on time I'll be using the discs, if i don't i'll use the PSN version [My HD PVR Composite doesn't work only component, and my PS2 Component cables don't work with PSone games on ps2]
Also These are all single segment runs [U mad segmenters?]

wee187
04-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Alright! These are the times I've got so far:

FFIII - megakidicarus - 9 hours
FFVI - megakidicarus - 14-15 hours
FFVI - rinimt - 14-15 hours
FFVII - puwexil - 11 hours
FFI - Emptyeye2112 - 11 hours (possibly unable to stream)
FFIX - PrincessLuna - 10-11 hours
FFX - caracarn - 11-ish hours

Keep the times coming. Here's a list of the people of whom I need times from:

drawmon - FFII
Blaumagier - FFIV
Blaumagier - FFIV TAY
Curse - FFVIII
SpectacleG - FFTactics
Tanexion - FFXIII
EziotheNarutard - Crisis Core
Zeikuu - Dirge of Cerberus
Nate Nanjo - Mystic Quest
Me(wee187) - FFXII [IZJS version]

PrincessLuna
04-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Do we not have an FFV player yet?

wee187
04-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Nope. Sacred Nym was up to do it, but unfortunately had to drop out recently. So right now, we're out of a player for that.

Blaumagier
04-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Based on last year my game times can be expected as (or better):

Final Fantasy IV: 11 hours

Interlude: 2 hours 30 minutes

The After Years: Total: 37 hours
Ceodore's Tale: 2 hours 30 minutes
Rydia's Tale: 3 hours 30 minutes
Yang's Tale: 1 hour 30 minutes
Palom's Tale: 3 hours
Edge's Tale: 2 hours 30 minutes
Porom's Tale: 2 hours
Edward's Tale: 1 hour 30 minutes
Kain's Tale: 1 hour 30 minutes
Lunarian's Tale: 2 hours
The Crystals: 17 hours

wee187
04-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks, Lothis! For The After Years, I'm assuming you won't be doing all of the Tales in one sitting? I haven't played TAY yet, so I don't know too much about it, but when I get to scheduling, is it alright if I clump your playing into a few different sessions? So, say, FFIV for the Session 1, Interlude and TAY Tales for Session 2, and The Crystals for Session 3. This helps for scheduling, and your own sanity and health. :P

MegaKidicarus
04-03-2012, 08:29 PM
or for my sanity can you schedule ff3 at least 2 days away from ff6 and i can't start out this marathon so yeah or vise verse if i end up playing ff1 please do the same. btw i looked at my casuel file time and it was about. sub 17 hours.

wee187
04-04-2012, 01:09 PM
17 hours for what, FF1? Also, is that the time you're planning on playing at, or will it be shorter? It doesn't have to be, but it helps to know. And I'll try to fit your games at least two days apart. No promises, but I'll at least make an effort to when I'm scheduling.

[ Post made via iPad ]

MegaKidicarus
04-04-2012, 01:42 PM
ff1 will probably be under 17 hours. i just need to do another test run.

Blaumagier
04-04-2012, 05:12 PM
I definitely do NOT want to do all of TAY in one sitting, so splitting it up is great. As for scheduling, I'm okay with however you want to do it, so long as you remember I have to alot 9 p.m. CDT until 7 a.m. CDT Monday through Friday for work (meaning my weekend runs from Saturday at 7 a.m. until Monday night at 9 p.m.). And if you want to break up the individual tales into smaller chunks instead of all in one run, that will be fine too. I sorta figured a lot of the tales would end up being done as filler in the early morning after I get off work, like the entirety of that game ended up being last year.

Also, I think I'd like to have a minimum of 2 sessions for The Crystals. 3 would be great since technically it is 3 stories combined into one. But yeah, 17 hours is too much to commit to one sitting.

wee187
04-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Okay. FFIV takes priority, obviously, so I will be scheduling that first, hopefully during your weekend time. When I finally have a schedule set up, I'll allow everyone to give me critiques as they wish, because it is definitely going to take more than a few drafts to find a schedule that works for every gamer.

Blaumagier
04-05-2012, 05:45 AM
I would like to do Final Fantasy IV in one sitting. It'll help me keep my mojo right (i.e. I won't forget what the heck I'm doing).

Emptyeye2112
04-05-2012, 08:41 PM
A quick note that I should have a computer to stream on any day now. That's the good news.

The bad news is that I'm moving to a condo May 19th, which is going to necessitate a change in my Internet service. I won't know if the new service is good enough to stream with until after that. Providing it is good enough, though, I'm still interested in playing FFI. :)

wee187
04-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Great to hear! If you're able to play FF1, you're more than welcome to. :)

MegaKidicarus
04-06-2012, 08:39 AM
i would like to throw this down right now... for donations i will do a run of the dragon's den which will be an hour also It will be off a save.

Caracarn
04-08-2012, 03:00 AM
Final Fantasy X-2 took me less than a week to learn, so I will be able to run it if you want to put it back on the schedule. Estimated time 3 1/2 - 4 hours. I just did a practice run in 3:32, and it wasn't very good, so it is highly unlikely it would get to 4 hours, unless I do extra stuff or get incredibly bad luck.

wee187
04-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 took me less than a week to learn, so I will be able to run it if you want to put it back on the schedule. Estimated time 3 1/2 - 4 hours. I just did a practice run in 3:32, and it wasn't very good, so it is highly unlikely it would get to 4 hours, unless I do extra stuff or get incredibly bad luck.

Oh, okay. Wow, that's an incredible time. I'll add it back to the list for you.

MegaKidicarus
04-09-2012, 07:40 AM
question for lothis will you be doing the bonus dungeon if we need filler.

Blaumagier
04-09-2012, 10:05 AM
It's doubtful. I've got enough game time on my hands with the entire Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection. I would rather play through a new game than drag out a game for filler.

wee187
04-09-2012, 12:33 PM
We've got so many games to get through this year that I doubt filler will be needed to the same extent it was needed the past two years (three really, but I wasn't around for the first one). Nevertheless, I'm 100% sure that some filler time will be needed, as stuff happens to the players that we need to work with last minute - that's natural and unnavoidable for a marathon that's entirely out-of-house.

wee187
04-09-2012, 01:51 PM
The commentator schedule is now up and can be viewed on the front page! I'll be contacting the tentative commentators who have already signed up within the next few days to let them know personally that it's up (given that they haven't already signed up for a time slot or more).

I've signed up tentatively for 3 times myself. Tentative is alright, but try to make some commitment to it. I'm putting this up early so you can plan around a time you'd like to commentate over. If you sign up and then have to drop out, that's fine, but at least don't do it last minute.

Daskichan
04-09-2012, 02:26 PM
FRIDAY. LAST DAY. NOON TO THREE.

any other time I'll have to consult Niiface. XD

newbrowny
04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
This sounds really cool! I don't know if I'm suppose to post my opinions on it, but I can't wait!

Final Fantasy? I'm your man! *Nudge nudge*

Haha just kidding! I hope everything runs smoothly because I really wanna see this.

Dannydaw003
04-09-2012, 04:09 PM
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!! SWEET!
Alrighty Wee, if you don't mind, I'll request to do the following shifts.
First Friday: 9-12 p.m.
Tuesday: 6-9 p.m.
Thursday 3-6 p.m.
Thanks Wee! Getting stoked for this already.

rudy06
04-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Wee, for the time being could you put me down for 6PM - 9PM on Saturday and Sunday. I don't know if you want to do backup commentators or anything yet, but I could be a backup (tentatively) for the 9 PM - 12 PM on Saturday. On that note, since I know a lot of new members are interested in helping out with this marathon it may be beneficial to specify that the Schedule times are in CST just so everyone knows.

wee187
04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Oh wow, yeah thanks for reminding me about that, Rudy. As of right now, everyone who has claimed a time so far should be added to the schedule on the first post.

--

Unfortunately, drawmon has to drop out for Final Fantasy II. So currently, we've got two main games open that we need to fill: FFII and FFV.

colwin1
04-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Alrighty then, I'll take Sunday 9-12 PM, Tuesday 3-6 PM, Wednesday 12-3 pm, and Friday 9-12 AM.

Or is that too much?

the1stpkmnfan
04-11-2012, 09:30 PM
For now I'll only take one, and I would like to take the slot:

Tuesday July 24th: 6PM - 9PM

wee187
04-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Alrighty then, I'll take Sunday 9-12 PM, Tuesday 3-6 PM, Wednesday 12-3 pm, and Friday 9-12 AM.

Or is that too much?

No, that's totally fine! You can sign up for as many as you'd like. Although for the Friday 9-12AM time, do you mean Thursday night, or Friday 9-12AM on starting day?

newbrowny
04-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I think I'll take...

Tuesday July 24th
9PM - 12AM - OPEN

If there are more open later than I might take more. :)

colwin1
04-13-2012, 04:50 PM
I meant the second Friday. It's the third to last shift.

This is one of those moments where I'm flippin glad that I joined WKET 98.3. What I'll be doing is little different from what I do on air.

ZaphodOfTantalus
04-18-2012, 05:45 PM
I'll be sure to drop in and watch! If you're interested in even more FF-marathons, me and my friends at tantalus4.se are holding our 3rd annual marathon this summer, 6th of June to 13th of June!

Mr. Olimario
04-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Sign me up for 9AM - 12PM on July 27th, please!

I'll probably sign up for more as time goes on and my schedule is more clear.

MegaKidicarus
04-18-2012, 06:19 PM
i will take wednesday 3PM - 6PM - on commentary

notmman
04-19-2012, 05:54 PM
July 22nd 12am-3am sign me up

Daski took my other available slot...

wee187
04-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Everybody's commentary shifts should be completely up to date, except for Oli's, because colwin1 snatched his time a few posts before him. =P If you can pick another time, that'd be awesome, Oli. If not, you can always work something out with colwin1 I'm sure.

Zeikuu
04-22-2012, 12:28 PM
I think i should be able to commentate monday 6am-9am but i can't be certain as the date is still far away. Should be fine to do so though.

wee187
04-22-2012, 08:26 PM
I think i should be able to commentate monday 6am-9am but i can't be certain as the date is still far away. Should be fine to do so though.

I added you in as tentative in that slot, Matt. Anything happens, just let me know. =]

---

There are still plenty commentary times open! Feel free to sign up!

Araman
04-23-2012, 04:12 PM
I can do 9AM - 12PM on 7/21 for commentating. I *might* be able to do 6AM - 9AM on Sunday as well, but that depends on a few things, so mark me as tentative there - if you get someone else more solid from that spot, bump me. Just the Sunday slot, not the Saturday one :)

TheGuyWithKnowName
04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
I know i'm new here and all, but I see your a little short for commentators. I'm willing to take a few slots, if that's alright.

24th: 9 PM - 12 AM
25th: 6 PM - 9 PM
26th: 6 PM - 9 PM

Note: I have never played a FF game and no absolutely nothing about the series, yet I would like to see some gameplay and am willing to commentate so i'm here :D

wee187
04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Welcome, TheGuyWithKnowName! :D It doesn't matter that you don't know much about FF. Thanks for participating, I really appreciate it! And I've got you down too, Araman.

MegaKidicarus
04-26-2012, 08:07 PM
heres how its going to work for me i need 3 blocks of 12/13 hours if i do ff1 3 and 6 if it is only ff3 and 6 i need 2 blocks of 12/13 hours

UltimateHero13
04-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Can I have Sunday July 22nd from 3PM to 6PM and/or Thursday July 26th from 12PM to 3PM :D _mks_

Emptyeye2112
05-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Quick note: Still interested in playing FF1, depending on how my Internet connection in my new condo is (I'm now moved in a week early; Comcast is coming to hook stuff up tomorrow.). In the meantime, I went with a random party provided by Randomizer.org, which (After readjusting for positioning) actually yielded a really good party of Fighter/Fighter/Red Mage/White Mage. Took me a shade under 8 hours to complete. I'll probably try the "random party" thing a few more times and try to get some kind of "average" for how long I expect it to take.

Mr. Olimario
05-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Everybody's commentary shifts should be completely up to date, except for Oli's, because colwin1 snatched his time a few posts before him. =P If you can pick another time, that'd be awesome, Oli. If not, you can always work something out with colwin1 I'm sure.

My bad! I didn't see that.

Could I please have 3PM - 6PM on July 21st as well as 12AM - 3AM on July 27th, then? ;)

wee187
05-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Alright, I got you down for the time, Oli.

We still have a crapton of open times left. Sign up, people!

And sounds good EmptyEye, thanks for keeping me up to date.

untuxable
05-14-2012, 02:01 PM
I may be able to help with the commentating. I just got a new comp today, so I'll have to figure out how to use the built in camera/old USB mike and stuff, not to mention how to connect with everybody. Once I play around with it, I'll get back to you here.

ReadingSteiner
05-15-2012, 12:33 AM
I would try to help too with commentating! :3
I like talking about games and am not ashamed to do some stupid stuff in front of a webcam.
I'm only a little bit unsure if my connction is strong enugh to handle the distance.
But when you say that it's no problem than yay~

I could do:
Saturday July 21st 6AM - 9AM
Wednesday July 25th 6AM - 9AM

I only would need a little explanation how that all will work ie how you cohost a stream and something like this :3

wee187
05-15-2012, 09:29 PM
I've got both ReadingSteiner and UltimateHero13(who I forgot to add in earlier) down for their requested times. Thank you all for signing up. Let's get those commentary slots signed up for!

eziothenarutard
05-16-2012, 03:18 PM
as for commentary shifts i can do it any time the 20 21 and 22 and after that i can do late night/early morning shifts

wee187
05-16-2012, 05:25 PM
as for commentary shifts i can do it any time the 20 21 and 22 and after that i can do late night/early morning shifts

Thanks! I got your email as well, I just never got around to replying yet. But I'd rather you pick a time slot(or more) yourself so that I don't accidentally put you in one you don't want, plus, I'm not sure how many you plan on taking.

puwexil
05-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Re: scheduling, my availability is unfortunately going to be a bit limited (I work a M-F 9-5 type job and have taken so much time off to attend SDA marathons this year that I probably won't be able to take any days off for this marathon). Saturday or Sunday (any time outside of 2AM-8AM Central) would be strongly preferred, and if we split up FFVII into 2 parts I should be able to do it on Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday night (available between 6PM-1AM Central).

Hope this doesn't cause too much inconvenience.

Daskichan
05-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Hay Weeee

Nijntjes and I will be doing co-commentary on the 23rd from 9am - 12p~ 8D

eziothenarutard
05-19-2012, 12:18 AM
it doesn't matter how many i get i can do as many as would be appreciated and aside from the time block i gave you already i don't have a preffered time just whatever works best for you

wee187
05-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Alrighty, I've edited in Daski and Ni's commentary slot. Eziothenarutard, I've given you the slots Saturday the 21st 12AM-3AM and Sunday the 22nd 6AM-9AM. If you'd like more than that or want to change it, let me know. I've also added in a time slot for ArgonMatrix on Saturday 12PM-3PM, who has agreed to sign up for a commentary shift.

Puwexil, sounds good. Thanks for letting me know. I'll do my utmost to get your play time on a weekend, but if not, it'll be totally understandable to split your time into two parts during the week.

eziothenarutard
05-19-2012, 12:56 PM
XD forgot the 22nd was sunday the sunday time wont work would sunday night from 9 to midnight work?

newbrowny
05-24-2012, 04:57 AM
I see a lot of slots open for Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I know for a fact I can commentate on those early morning times. If you need some more, I can totally do double or triple shifts! :)

eziothenarutard
05-28-2012, 12:06 AM
XD forgot the 22nd was sunday the sunday time wont work would sunday night from 9 to midnight work?

wee187
05-28-2012, 12:34 AM
I see a lot of slots open for Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I know for a fact I can commentate on those early morning times. If you need some more, I can totally do double or triple shifts! :)

Cool! I'd rather you pick the times yourself though, since I don't want to be accidentally assigning a time you can't do, and then that'll just lead to confusion. So, for the sake of organization, just choose the slots you'd like(and as many as you'd like), and I'll add them for ya. ^_^

------------

On to other stuff. TWLOHA uses a different kind of fundraising system, but they do have their own widget, so I'm going to use it. Here's the page I made, with the goal tentatively $500.

http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise?fcid=200630

Now, everyone won't have to go to that site manually come marathon time. They have their own widget (not ChipIn, but a widget nonetheless) that I'll put on the marathon site. My current two tasks are now getting the site setup(we'll probably reuse last year's) and finished up game scheduling. That should be done soon. Thanks everyone for your patience, and please continue to sign up for commentary slots! We need 'em filled up!

PrincessLuna
05-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Could you split FFIX into 2 parts
I will probably end earlier for both times than suggested but RNG is always a thing, as FF9 doesn't have a No-Enc ability really, and studder walking isn't 100% effective
Disc 1 and 2 7hours 30 Mins ( my Last time: 7:13)
Disc 3 and 4 - 4 Hours ( my Last time: 3:52)
i've actually been streaming everyday on my channel, trying to improve areas massivly, my disc 1 time is getting more and more beastly haha

ctizz36
05-30-2012, 12:02 PM
I could commentate July 23rd at 12pm-3pm.

If you are in need of more later on, I could do more if needed.

BuizelBro
05-30-2012, 06:53 PM
I can take the 9PM - 12AM shift on Saturday the 21st, and I can fill up some other late-night ones if you need me to. I'll be glad to do whatever I can to help :D. Also, I don't know if you're taking volunteers for this, but if you need someone I'd be glad to be a chat OP :D

wee187
05-30-2012, 10:38 PM
I've added the new commentators, so the thread should be up to date! And Danny, thanks for volunteering for OP as well! I'm not exactly sure how I'm handling the chat OPs for this marathon yet, but I'm planning on at the very least having 15 of them. It's a week-long marathon, and I'd like to have at least one or two OPs in the chat at all times.

I'm planning that by the end of this weekend, I'll have a player schedule released.

MegaKidicarus
05-31-2012, 09:49 AM
may I please OP.

Emptyeye2112
05-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Quick note that I've done streams from the new condo and it's gone fine, so we're good there. I'd like to have my own computer by then that I can stream from (As opposed to having to kidnap my wife's computer every time), but that's not for you to worry about. :)

SpectacleG
06-02-2012, 12:31 PM
*appears from the Void*

Totally still up for playing Tactics at this marathon. Just lemmie know if you need me!

*fades back into the Void*

otter
06-02-2012, 12:32 PM
I will do a commentary, Saturday the 21st 3-6AM. That is all good sirs and madams.

Mr. Olimario
06-02-2012, 12:45 PM
We still have some more commentary slots that need to be filled! Get on it, everyone! :D

wee187
06-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Yes, Spec, I'm still planning on you playing FFTactics. Also Spec, how long do you plan on taking for the run? I don't remember your time from last year.

However, Lothis, depending on time constraints, I may have to cut out your FFIV:TAY run, simply because it's so long. I'm working on the schedule this weekend, so I should have a schedule very soon to post here, but it would be a lot easier if I only scheduled FFIV and the Interlude. You're still welcome to play TAY as filler when there are empty streams open if you wish to do so, but but for your sanity and my own, that's a whole 30 hours we can save for other games that might need it.

Otter, I got you down for your time. Thanks for signing up! With that, we've got our first full day filled up. There are still...

TWO open slots on Sunday the 22nd (3AM - 6AM) | (6AM - 9AM)
THREE open slots on Monday the 23rd (12AM - 3AM) | (3AM - 6AM) | (9PM - 12AM)
THREE open slots on Tuesday the 24th (12AM - 3AM) | (3AM - 6AM) | (6AM - 9AM)
FOUR open slots on Wednesday the 25th (12AM - 3AM) | (3AM - 6AM) | (9AM - 12PM) | (9PM - 12AM)
FIVE open slots on Thursday the 26th (12AM - 3AM) | (3AM - 6AM) | (6AM - 9AM) | (9AM - 12PM) | (9PM - 12AM)
THREE open slots on Friday the 27th (12AM - 3AM) | (3AM - 6AM) | (6AM - 9AM)

SpectacleG
06-03-2012, 07:12 AM
It was something around 8 hours last year so as long as I remember how to use my little tricks to get full Calculator spec'd Ramza we should be fine for about the same time. And due to my work schedule I'll need a Thursday timeslot to do it.

Daskichan
06-03-2012, 08:05 AM
I'll take Thursday the 26th from 9 pm - 12am. Late night with Daskichan. awww yeaaah. C:

wee187
06-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Okay! The schedule is here!

Stream A is the main stream, and Stream B is the secondary stream, which won't always be running. However, FF4 Interlude aside, Stream B will have all the "optional" games. Let me know if this schedule works for you. If it doesn't, tell me so we can make changes early before it's too late. I've taken some people's time requests into account already.

Stream A:
Friday 6PM - Saturday 5AM: EmptyEye2112, Final Fantasy I
Saturday 5AM - 2PM: megakidicarus, Final Fantasy III
Saturday 2PM - Sunday 5AM: wee187, Final Fantasy XII (IZJS)
Sunday 5AM - 4PM: Blaumagier, Final Fantasy IV
Sunday 4PM - Monday 5AM: Tanexion, Final Fantasy XIII
Monday 5AM - 12PM: PrincessLuna, Final Fantasy IX (Part 1)
Monday 12PM - Tuesday 3AM: megakidicarus, Final Fantasy VI
Tuesday 3AM - 11AM: KeyPaladin, Final Fantasy V
Tuesday 11AM - 2PM: Blaumagier, Final Fantasy IV Interlude
Tuesday 2PM - Wednesday 2AM: Caracarn, Final Fantasy X
Wednesday 2AM - 4PM: rinimt, Final Fantasy VI
Wednesday 4PM - Thursday 3AM: puwexil, Final Fantasy VII
Thursday 3AM - 7AM: PrincessLuna, Final Fantasy IX (Part 2)
Thursday 7AM - 4PM: KeyPaladin, Final Fantasy II
Thursday 4PM - Friday 4AM: Curse, Final Fantasy VIII
Friday 4AM - 6PM: Catch-up time and/or filler. Stream B will be on at this time. In the final hour, I may do a run of some FF games final bosses over again to end it off.

Stream B
Friday 6PM: Caracarn, Final Fantasy X-2
Saturday 12PM: Nate Nanjo, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Sunday - Tuesday: Stream B Downtime. Filler may be played here, but if Blaumagier wishes to do FFIV TAY here at any time, he takes priority.
Wednesday 12PM: EziotheNarutard, Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-
Thursday 2PM: SpectacleG, Final Fantasy Tactics
Friday 4AM: Zeikuu, Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII-

*I haven't heard from Curse or Nate Nanjo for a while. If it comes to it, I have two backups for FFVIII, and although I have none for Mystic Quest, it's on Stream B, which can take downtime if need be.

For Stream B, there is a starting time, but you may end whenever you see fit. Stream B will be offline much of the time, whereas Stream A will be on nearly all of the time. The only time the focus will truly be on Stream B alone is on Friday, but even then we'll have some stuff going on with Stream A as we finish off the marathon.

Also, I've removed my Sunday commentary slot due to needing to sleep after my FFXII run. So that's open!

Blaumagier
06-04-2012, 12:41 AM
That's fine. It was nothing but filler last year and I managed to beat it. We'll see how it goes as for when I play during any of the set filler time. Likely I'll be able to play it in it's entirety during stream b's 2 days of downtime.

Caracarn
06-04-2012, 04:19 AM
as of right now those times work for me, but I am going to need to get a job this summer, and that might conflict with the 2 PM start time for FFX. If it is possible, I would prefer to start later in the afternoon/evening if it's going to be on a weekday. I will let you know as soon as I have a definite work schedule.

MegaKidicarus
06-04-2012, 06:50 AM
what time zone is this in because the times when i am awake are 8am-11pm, this times are when i can play ff3 and ff6 so the times you gave me don't work well with that.

wee187
06-04-2012, 08:19 AM
what time zone is this in because the times when i am awake are 8am-11pm, this times are when i can play ff3 and ff6 so the times you gave me don't work well with that.

The times are in Central Time.

I'll try and fit you in during that time, but it'll be difficult, as there are other people who must be accommodated as well. Is it possible that you can stay up at all past 11AM or wake up anytime before 8AM, or are these times of yours unbreakable?

as of right now those times work for me, but I am going to need to get a job this summer, and that might conflict with the 2 PM start time for FFX. If it is possible, I would prefer to start later in the afternoon/evening if it's going to be on a weekday. I will let you know as soon as I have a definite work schedule.

Alrighty. I'll try and move stuff around a bit anyway, but let me know as soon as you're able to find out. Thanks for the warning though, I'll keep it in mind.

-------------------

So far, the games that might need moving are:

-megakidicarus - Final Fantasy III
-megakidicarus - Final Fantasy VI
-Caracarn - Final Fantasy X
-Zeikuu - Dirge of Cerberus
-Final Fantasy VIII (If Curse doesn't show up, Poxnor will take Curse's place. If this is the case, FFVIII will have to be moved to the start of the marathon)

I'll see what I can do.

ReadingSteiner
06-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Bad news!
I have exams in this week, so I won't be able to commentate at all.
I'm really sorry ._.

wee187
06-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Bad news!
I have exams in this week, so I won't be able to commentate at all.
I'm really sorry ._.

It's alright! Thanks for letting me know ahead of time. =) Good luck on your exams! School should definitely come first.

MegaKidicarus
06-04-2012, 09:05 AM

I'll try and fit you in during that time, but it'll be difficult, as there are other people who must be accommodated as well. Is it possible that you can stay up at all past 11AM or wake up anytime before 8AM, or are these times of yours unbreakable?

those are the the hours when i am sure to be up as the other get closer to say a certain range i started haveing issues getting up or staying awaking i could probably wake up as early as 6am but that would be a bit of a push and as late as 12pm but again that's a push.

rudy06
06-04-2012, 10:30 AM

those are the the hours when i am sure to be up as the other get closer to say a certain range i started haveing issues getting up or staying awaking i could probably wake up as early as 6am but that would be a bit of a push and as late as 12pm but again that's a push.

The key thing is that Wee has to give priority to those who work. Wee is trying his best (AND DOING AN AWESOME JOB AT IT) to work what fits into their schedule. He can't schedule someone to stream when they are supposed to work. That's plain and simple. At the same time, he can't ask them to give up a large portion of their sleep either, because they have to work. Their livelihood, no offense, is more important than this stream.

I don't mean to belittle your need for sleep, as i don't like getting off my sleep schedule either, but it may be necessary to pull a graveyard shift. Wee may be able to work up some magic, if anyone can then he can, but just know that he is trying his best and that others have more serious scheduling conflicts.

Emptyeye2112
06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
The current schedule works fine for me. :) I don't particularly mind going after Poxnor if that's what it comes down to ultimately, I'll just need some notice beforehand.

Nate Nanjo
06-04-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing during the Marathon this time. I don't have a Vacation to use like I did last year, and there is a possibility I could be moving up to another position.

I'll keep you updated on what I can do, chances are I might not be able to run it at all.

Sorry for not posting much. Been so busy with work, I don't have a lot of time online and the time I am online I'm not coming here.

TheFearowofTime
06-04-2012, 11:04 PM
I'll take the July 22nd 3PM-6PM commentator slot ^.^

puwexil
06-04-2012, 11:44 PM
As I said in my earlier post, due to my work schedule, on weeknights during the summer I'm only available M/W/F from 6PM-1AM Central on M/W and 6PM-whenever on Friday. If no other times are available I'll plan on starting around 6PM on Wednesday from a save file after the Disc 1 Kalm flashback, which will let me finish the run before it gets too late (the battles before that point are almost all Grenade spam and not super-exciting to watch, but unfortunately skipping that portion of the game would also mean skipping naming many of the characters).

Having been involved with scheduling for other marathons, I can certainly appreciate the challenges in building a 24-hour schedule, especially when people are streaming from their own homes and not a central location.

Blaumagier
06-05-2012, 01:05 AM
If you need to rearrange FFIV to accommodate people, my only restrictions are that I work 10:00 P.M. - 6:00 A.M., need an hour before and after for preparation, travel and taking care of animals, and I work Monday through Friday, leaving me totally available from Saturday morning at 7:00 A.M. until Monday night at 9:00 P.M. (All times TSG time)

Don't worry about my sleep. As long as you don't put me on a 30 hour stretch, I'll figure something out with cat naps and energy drinks. And if you are worried about my sleep, then scheduling me as soon as I get off work is better than scheduling me up until I leave for work.

As for TAY, as filler, it will have to be a spurr of the moment type deal, with sleep needs being the main factor. If I'm around and awake during scheduled filler time, I'll probably jump on it.

[ Post made via Android ]

Poxnor
06-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Final Fantasy VIII (If Curse doesn't show up, Poxnor will take Curse's place. If this is the case, FFVIII will have to be moved to the start of the marathon)
My travel plans are finally taking a more definitive form. I'll be departing bright and early on July 27, so I would be absolutely unable to play that day (and, obviously, unable to function as the backup). I would strongly prefer not to play on July 26, but it could be done in a pinch.

My personal preference would be either to play sometime on the weekend, or to have a late-afternoon or early-evening start on one of the weekdays (e.g., sometime between 3-6pm). But, given the complexity of trying to schedule everyone at a time where they can play (never even mind their personal preferences), I'd understand completely if I were playing at a different time (if, in fact, I even will be playing FF8).

eziothenarutard
06-06-2012, 07:48 PM
would it be to much trouble to ask you try to get my playtime on friday or saturday?

wee187
06-06-2012, 11:42 PM
would it be to much trouble to ask you try to get my playtime on friday or saturday?

Sure. You're on Stream B, which is extremely easy to move around. I'll just switch you and Nate Nanjo, especially since Nate Nanjo might not be able to play anyway.

As for all the other schedule changes, I will get to them. At the moment, I'm nearly done with my finals, but I'm not quite done yet. Once school is no longer a worry, I'll do my best to work some magic so that a new revised Stream A schedule works for everybody.

eziothenarutard
06-07-2012, 01:05 AM
if i knew what stream a and stream b were this probably be good news