PDA

View Full Version : Events Suggestion Box

Daskichan
01-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Hello everyone!

As part of my new responsibilities, I am to create and organize events for you all. :]

Previously, I stated in the announcement thread, "Even though I have a management title, my job is essentially to serve you all and make this forum even greater." However, I feel that in order to better understand the types of events that would benefit the Community and be entertaining for the persons involved, it is in our best interests to open a suggestion box.

I will not turn down any suggestion you have to offer, but I do ask that you form it in this manner, for organizational purposes:

Type of Event: [Contest, Stream, Fanfest, etc etc]
Description: [You can put as much or as little information as you want in here]

You are also free to Private Message me at any time your suggestion if you do not want to post it here for whatever reason.

Thank you all and I hope to serve you well :]

~Daski

evandeck
01-17-2012, 04:13 PM
[spoiler:2njcwky5]Type of Event: Mario Kart 7 Community Night
Description: Since Mario Kart 7 does not require Friend Codes to play online, TSG could organize an MK7 night where we all race each other. Brobuzz already set a group up for TSG viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16155 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16155)[/spoiler:2njcwky5]

the1stpkmnfan
01-17-2012, 11:23 PM
[spoiler:2erymp94]Type of Event: Tournament
A tourney tree competition with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, depending on how many players participate (perhaps up to 32). We have 2 stream embeds, and with the tree in the middle of who is where in the tournament. People brawl with 3-5 lives per match, and the winner get a cool prize (figure out later). So in order to participate, one needs Super Smash Bros. Brawl, a Wii with wifi connection and a Brawl FC.[/spoiler:2erymp94]

BuizelBro
01-18-2012, 10:49 PM
[spoiler:1k7ml7ua]Type of Event: TSG podcast
Description: We used to do a TSG community podcast where people would volunteer and participate in a 30-60 minute podcast where they talked about specific topics like community events, games coming up, and just general storytelling. They were a blast to listen to and take part in, but as far as I know it sort of died out. If we could bring it back full force and do a monthly thing, having members of the community actually listen to it and participate, then I think we'd have something great in our hands.[/spoiler:1k7ml7ua]

Blaumagier
01-29-2012, 07:56 AM
[spoiler:21e7qmd0]Type of Event: Mega Man Fanfest
Description: 10 days of classic Mega Man, one game per day.[/spoiler:21e7qmd0]

jefferlope
02-05-2012, 10:46 PM
[spoiler:2fokum69]Type of Event: Contest
Description: I really enjoyed that Legend of Zelda riddle contest we did leading up to the Christmas marathon, and would love to see another one. Perhaps a Pokemon one before Pokemon marathon?[/spoiler:2fokum69]

rudy06
02-21-2012, 09:22 PM
I just made a huge post in Britt's recent News topic in which I generated some ideas...=D

[spoiler:1vskbzru]Type of Event: Contest
Description: A SOTM (Signature of the Month, could be week/fortnight/etc.) event! I have seen this done on a number of communities and it normally sparks a fair amount of interest. Each month a theme would be selected for the signatures to be based around. The signatures would be sent in anonymously and would be voted on the last week of each month. It would be great to find another way to handle the voting other than the forum so that the results are not being shown.

This idea could also move over to short story/essay writing. I would love to see some writing contests!

In addition, the winners could be announced during the community podcast too![/spoiler:1vskbzru]

jeffersonfury
02-22-2012, 11:40 AM
retro game week almoust like what your planning on doing for the n64 but make it for all older systems

superdude1029
06-02-2012, 05:23 AM
retro game week almoust like what your planning on doing for the n64 but make it for all older systems
This would be awesome.

Marche100
06-14-2012, 12:59 PM
I know we have a marathon starting tomorrow and and we have the Final Fantasy Marathon in August or whatever, but I still feel like we need another community marathon in there somewhere. Here are some ideas I've had for a community marathon of sorts.

[spoiler:1w39bzp3]Type of Event: Marathon
Description: How about a horror themed marathon. Most, if not all of the marathons we do, both official TSG marathons and community ones, have to do with Nintendo games or Final Fantasy games or something like that. I never see anything that reaches for something like the horror genre, except for the 2008 Halloween Marathon, which was awesome, by the way. We could do some games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Amnesia, Dead Space, Half-Life, that sort of thing.[/spoiler:1w39bzp3]

Description: There are a ton of Mario marathons everywhere you look in TSG's past. TONS OF THEM. But what about good old Sonic. He's got a billion games, just like Mario, and those games are fun (or at least, most of them are), so that could make for a good marathon. In fact, that gives me an idea for a third marathon.[/spoiler:1w39bzp3]

Description: There are a ton of classic games out there, but none as classic as the Disney games of old. Games like Aladdin, Mickey Mouse in the Castle of Illusion, The Lion King, Mickey Mania, The Little Mermaid, World of Illusion, Toy Story, the list goes on and on of amazingly awesome games that no one ever seems to play for some reason. It would make an awesome marathon, because there's tons of games there, they're all great games, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone here play them (except for Ruju with the Lion King) so it's all new and fresh.[/spoiler:1w39bzp3]

There are my ideas. Perhaps we could use one of them in the future?

untuxable
09-05-2012, 09:55 AM
[spoiler:3icj0f1n]Event: Marathon

Basically, this would be a standard type marathon of a game series, but with one major twist: The player/players must play the game in a way dictated by the donators. For example, if there was a Halo marathon (which I would totally be up for participating in), the donators would have the option of imposing special conditions, like the players can only use the plasma pistol, can only use melee, must not kill any enemies except when required, activate skulls, up the difficulty, can't use vehicles, etc.

I know something like this has been used a little bit in past marathons, but this would be ALL the time. Either:
1. the schedule is seperated into 15/30 minutes segments, and the donators donate for a specific challange for a specific time. Special conditions that are based on a specific part of a level, like a boss, would just be used whenever the player reached it.

2. Every donation challenge is activated immediately for 10/15 minutes, and they can stack, meaning the donators can REALLY mess with the players. Challenges for specific parts would be activated whenever the player reached it.[/spoiler:3icj0f1n]

ReadingSteiner
06-30-2013, 02:20 PM
[spoiler:q6lrdy08]Type of event: Marathon

How about something like a Side-charakter Marathon. Especially in the year of Luigi it would be a nice idea to have other chars than Mario, Link etc. in the spotlight. Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Luigi..all of them could not fill an entire marathon with their great games alone but together, I think they could maybe.[/spoiler:q6lrdy08]