PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 6 Nov. 20 2012

Baltes
01-19-2012, 06:37 PM
http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/19/resid ... l-6-rumor/ (http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/19/resident-evil-6-rumor/)

Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy AWESOME
I swear Ashley is in there

DNAbro
01-19-2012, 06:39 PM
You know i haven't even been interested in Resident Evil until this year. After trying the Revelations demo on the 3DS, I can say i definitely want it. 6 also looks amazing from this trailer. Can't wait to see more at e3.

JasefWisener
01-19-2012, 06:53 PM
SUPER excited about this. That trailer looked freaking amazing, too. The thought of Chris and Leon in the same game just makes me giddy.

I'm hoping for a good Claire cameo, with maybe some Ada Wong thrown in. And PLEASE Capcom, give an update on Sherry Birkin.

kmmgreen5
01-19-2012, 06:55 PM
my body. it is ready.

Baltes
01-19-2012, 06:56 PM
I am picking up re5 for ps3 this weekend to reminisc

Muzy72
01-19-2012, 06:57 PM
I'll wait for the gold edition >_>

DNAbro
01-19-2012, 07:04 PM
I'll wait for the gold edition >_>

When hasn't capcom had an upgraded version of a game? they seem to do it with EVERY game now, even when it doesn't make sense like Dead Rising 2.

dryuriev7777
01-19-2012, 10:27 PM
I swear Ashley is in there
Someone tried to argue with me that it was Rebecca, but I still think it's Ashley what with zombie president being in the game vetoing Leon's brain.

Also yes day 1 insta-buy. Leon ensures that Ada is in the game and Leon/Ada means awkward sexual tension and Leon/Ada/Ashley means I love everything. I don't know why they bother adding Chris into anything nowadays though. SO BORING. Jill would've been so much better.

Sonic62
01-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I'll wait for the Wii U version >_>
^_^

Trust, Me I Got This
01-20-2012, 02:53 AM
This is great news to go along with Revelations and Operation Raccoon City being released this year it looks like it's going to be a huge 12 months for the Resident Evil series.

Futondean
01-20-2012, 07:48 AM
When I saw this nerded all over the floor XD

Baltes
01-29-2012, 07:57 PM
ok so anyone want to get a big discussion going on this?
2 possibilities for the blond, the voice is almost certainly Ashley's voice actor, however alot of people are split on who it actually is
Sherry Birkin or Ashley Graham either of them make sense, ashley makes alot of sense because her father has become infected
Now the scarred fellow in the third campaign could have been HUNK, but HUNK was always described as "cold and calculating" and this character does not match his description at all. there is something that would be an exception to this, but i'll get to that in a moment
the other option i've come up with for the scarred face fellow is Alex Wesker. in the Lost in Nightmares DLC you find a document Spencer kept of all the children in the Wesker project. Only two children survived, Albert and Alex. Albert Wesker has been a pain in our sides for a long time, but as of RE5 we know he is dead. As the last surviving Wesker survivor, Alex will be extremely valuable to people who I will also get to in a moment.
Main Antagonist/company
between RE4, Degeneration, and RE5 we have seen Tricell slowly acquiring and improving all viruses known to be created by Umbrella, but we know almost nothing about this company except that it was created shortly after the collapse of Umbrella. With Tricell acquiring viruses, it also fits that Tricell would wish to have samples from the Wesker project. Excella helped Albert create Uroboros, seemingly with the knowledge that only he could control it, however he was destroyed. Another Wesker project survivor will be very valuable to Tricell if Tricell is the primary antagonist of RE6

now on to multiple campaigns and timeline
RE6 is said to take place 10 years after the events at Racoon City
RE1-3 take place in 1998
RE4 takes place in 2004
RE5 takes place in 2009
now 10 years after Racoon City capcom tells us the President is about to go public with what happened in Raccoon City, however we see from the trailer that he becomes infected (leon is a crappy bodyguard)
we have no reason not to assume that RE follows the same election schedule as the real USA, so that means that If Ashley Graham was the presidents daughter in 2004 when she was kidnapped, it was the end of her fathers first term
2008 would be an election year and jan of 2009 would be the end of his presidency, so it makes sense that he would want to come clean before the end of his Presidency
now we know that leons campaign takes place in the USA, but Chris's campaign is taking place on the other side of the globe in China, and from the trailer and what we know of the world between RE4 and RE5, it seems safe to consider that these campaigns do NOT take place simultaneously
In re5 chris and the BSAA are travelling the globe stamping out terrorists who would use BOW's, and wesker is using Africa as a testing ground for Uroboros, it doesn't make sense for there to have already been a massive bioterror war in China, and Capcom has referred to the events happening in china as a "war"
so if Leons campaign immediately predates RE5, Chris's campaign will immediately follow RE5
the one MAJOR hole in this that i haven't come up with a plug yet, is leons campaign being an RE5 prequal. The infection of the President of the United States of America is SERIOUS SERIOUS business. And it seems silly for there to be ZERO mention of an incident such as this in RE5
it makes sense for chris's campaign to come after though, because as of RE5, the BSAA is still keeping terrorists at bay in large areas, it's why they go all the way to freaking africa to stamp out the bad guys.
it could be that all the dates that Capcom has supplied us for when these games took place were tentative, but if you look long and hard enough you can find a structure and seemingly make out some ideas for what happens next

all of this is the result of a 2 hour brainstorming session between my old roommate Tim and I. We successfully predicted most of the last season of Lost, including the exact outcome. We also predicted the last saw movie 2 films ahead.
we have too much time on our hands, but we try to be careful about our speculation
anyone have anything to add?

Baltes
01-29-2012, 08:06 PM
oh i forgot to go back to HUNK, if Leon and Chris's storys are taking place at different times, then the third story could also be taking place at any point in time in the series, such as before we were ever introduced to HUNK, when he was perhaps a more human entity, but known to be immune to the effects of the T-Virus, making his blood very valuable. This would make it impossible for the female role to be either Ashley Graham or Sherry Birkin, as they would be too young.

Baltes
01-29-2012, 09:37 PM
blond is not Ashley Graham, or the voice actress is not reprising her role
https://twitter.com/#!/Carolyntweet/sta ... 9120224256 (https://twitter.com/#!/Carolyntweet/status/161660119120224256)
i know i have some more digging to do

dryuriev7777
01-30-2012, 08:28 AM
blond is not Ashley Graham, or the voice actress is not reprising her role
https://twitter.com/#!/Carolyntweet/sta ... 9120224256 (https://twitter.com/#!/Carolyntweet/status/161660119120224256)
i know i have some more digging to do
I hate everything.

Also if it was HUNK I would think that they would have released a name, perhaps his real name, and then later in the game there would be some SHOCKING TWIST where everyone finds out he's actually HUNK.

Also also, I always thought that Alex Wesker would turn out to be female. Regardless of who the guy is, he's something special and is obviously connected to whatever virus they have this time. It would be something that the blonde Alex Wesker would be very interested in.

Baltes
01-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Alex may be female, there were only 2 other females on the list, but falcon has stated that the person isn't anyone completely new, so we have seen or heard about them before

Baltes
01-30-2012, 10:21 AM
However the Japanese texts explicitly show Alex being male

Trust, Me I Got This
01-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Just so I am Recapped with the Resident Evil Story, what happened in 5? I never got around to picking it up and I don't think I will be able to get it before 6 is released.

Baltes
01-30-2012, 04:47 PM
from wikipedia
[spoiler:3c46tasv]Plot

Chris Redfield, a former STARS member and now part of the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA), is dispatched to Kijuju, Africa to work with Sheva Alomar to apprehend Ricardo Irving before he can sell a bio-organic weapon (BOW) on the black market. Upon arriving, they discover the locals have been converted by parasites into Majini, and that the members of the BSAA's Alpha team have been killed. Chris and Sheva are rescued by BSAA's Delta team, whose membership includes Sheva's mentor Josh Stone. In the data provided by Josh, Chris sees a photograph of Jill Valentine, his old partner, presumed dead after a confrontation with Albert Wesker. Chris, Sheva, and Delta team close in on Irving, but he manages to escape with the help of a hooded figure, leaving behind documents that lead Chris and Sheva to oil fields in the marshlands where Irving's deal is to occur. They soon discover this was a diversion created by Irving to allow the deal to take place. Chris and Sheva attempt to regroup with Delta team, but at the rendezvous, find the team slaughtered by a BOW; Sheva cannot find Josh among the bodies. Chris refuses to report to headquarters, revealing his determination to learn if Jill is still alive.

Continuing through the marshlands, they find Josh injured but safe, and with his help track down Irving's boat. Irving injects himself with a variant of the parasite, Las Plagas, and mutates into a colossal octopus-like beast. Chris and Sheva defeat him, and with his dying words, directs the pair to a nearby cave to learn more. The cave, home of the Ndipaya tribe, is the source of the flower used to create the Progenitor virus, which led to the creation of the T- and G-viruses. Chris and Sheva find evidence that Tricell, the company funding the BSAA, had taken over a former Umbrella underground laboratory and continued Umbrella's research. In the facility are thousands of capsules holding human test subjects. Chris discovers one of the capsules belongs to Jill, but when they search it, they find the capsule empty. As they leave, they discover Tricell agent Excella Gionne has been plotting with Wesker to unleash a number of missiles with the Uroboros virus across the globe. Chris and Sheva pursue Excella, but are stopped by Wesker and the hooded figure, later revealed to be Jill, enslaved by a mind-control device on her chest. Excella and Wesker escape to a Tricell oil tanker while Chris and Sheva fight Jill, eventually subduing her and removing the device from her chest. After a brief reunion, Jill orders Chris to follow Wesker.

As Chris and Sheva make their way aboard the tanker, they come across Excella, who escapes, but drops a case of syringes. Sheva holds on to a number of them. When Chris and Sheva arrive on the main deck of the tanker, Wesker, through the tanker's intercom, reveals he has betrayed and infected Excella with Uroboros. She mutates into a giant monster which Chris and Sheva eventually defeat. Jill radios in and informs Chris and Sheva that Wesker must regularly take precisely measured doses of a drug to maintain his superhuman strength and speed; a larger or smaller dose would act as poison for Wesker. Sheva then realizes the syringes she recovered from Excella are doses of that drug. Chris and Sheva follow Wesker to a bomber aboard the tanker loaded with missiles containing the Uroboros virus. Eventually, the two are able to subdue Wesker long enough to inject him with additional doses. Wesker attempts to escape on the bomber, but is followed by Chris and Sheva who disable the bomber, causing it to crash land in a volcano. An enraged Wesker exposes himself to Uroboros, and pursues Chris and Sheva through the volcano. Chris and Sheva fight and weaken Wesker to the point where he falls into the lava. They are then rescued by a helicopter piloted by Jill and Josh. In his dying breaths, Wesker attempts to drag the helicopter into the volcano, but Chris and Sheva kill him with Rocket-propelled grenades,[16] before he is able to do so. In the final cutscene of the game, Chris ponders whether it is truly worth fighting to preserve what is left of humanity. He looks at Sheva and Jill and decides that it is worth it in order to live in a world without fear.[/spoiler:3c46tasv]

Baltes
02-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Confirmed today, re6 takes place in 2013 so that puts it 10 years after the Racoon trials ended.
Confirmed as a first for the series, you can MOVE WHILE YOU SHOOT

FeilOng156
02-15-2012, 12:55 PM
you can MOVE WHILE YOU SHOOT
:shock: OH MY GAAAAWWWD!!
No, but really, looking forward to this game so much. Blonde isn't Ashley? Oh well, I don't really mind if she's someone new, as long as we don't get extremely forced character development for her.

Not sure if it's been posted, but the guy injecting himself/the mercenary is confirmed to be Alex Wesker. He seems to be maintaining the action from 5, Leon takes the actual horror aspect, and Chris is probably a mix between the two.

The only thing I'm really worried about in this game is online multi-player. If there isn't online Co-Op it will be a big downgrade from successfully doing so in 5. After 5 had so much promise for online, it'd be a shame to see that go away in RE6. (note: I'm not the biggest fan of 5, but I will give credit where credit's due)

Baltes
02-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Where was the confirmation? Link
I mean I know I probaby nailed it with Alex, but as of this morning everyone was still in the dark on who it is.

Trust, Me I Got This
02-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Confirmed today, re6 takes place in 2013 so that puts it 10 years after the Racoon trials ended.
Confirmed as a first for the series, you can MOVE WHILE YOU SHOOT
Well that sucks. Not being able to move while you are shooting adds a whole lot to the panicky feeling when zombies are trying to rip your brains out.

Baltes
02-15-2012, 02:00 PM
After 20 minutes of searching I'm certain Alex Wesker has NOT been confirmed

FeilOng156
02-15-2012, 02:23 PM
I'd heard he was confirmed to be Alex Wesker. Oopsies if that's wrong then.

Baltes
02-15-2012, 02:35 PM
There was a magazine which claimed they had recieved exclusive information, but most of it has been shown as false with recent capcom announcements

BlueBlur64
02-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Holy crap, how have I not seen this topic before? I really need to join in on this discussion. Apologies if I bring up something already said or was so blatantly obvious that no one even bothered to mention it.

First off, the new character with Leon is NOT a returning character. She's actually a new character by the name of Helena Harper.

Secondly, the President that was infected is indeed not Ashley's father. His name is Adam Benford. I doubt the Grahams will be making an appearance, but I could be wrong.

Third, apparently, there's an ARG for RE6 called No Hope Left, like how Operation Raccoon City and Revelations had an ARG. This should be able to give us some info. I haven't been keeping up with it, so I can't say much, but the RE Wiki can tell a lot more than I can: http://residentevil.wikia.com/No_Hope_Left

That's all the evidence I can gather that I can say with complete certainty.

Also, I'm not completely sure, but I remember hearing that the chick with the Third Guy (that's what I'm calling him) is actually Sherry Birkin, but I'm not 100% positive about this.
As for who Third Guy is, I'm actually not sure.
I can see it being Alex Wesker, but that's up in the air, and concerning the trailer, I'm not sure how his blood could "save the world" as he puts it, as from what I remember, the only reason Albert got his powers was from the virus he used to fake his death in RE1. However, according to Spencer's memoirs in RE5, Alex was researching a virus for Spencer to obtain immortality. Soon as he finished, he stole the results and disappeared. It's unclear what happened to him or the virus. Alex might be a bit of a longshot for now, unless he injected the aforementioned virus into himself (which considering how Albert turned out, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.)
I've also heard arguments for HUNK as well. The face is almost a match and it appears Third Guy is only in this for the money, which might be a jab at how HUNK was only really featured in Mercenaries, I've also heard a rumor that HUNK is actually immune to the viruses, which may explain how his blood could save the world and also how he's the only guy to survive his missions, though I can't find any other evidence to suggest this, so take it with a grain of salt. Another argument against HUNK is that it's likely he's either detained or been executed for working with Umbrella, but his fate is still unknown, so we don't know this for sure.

Baltes
02-26-2012, 06:38 AM
any wesker would have valuable blood, Albert's body was burned in a volcano, Alex would be the only survivor of the Wesker project, why did they survive when all other children died, what made them so special?
Sherry seems likely as the blonde

i love how I had it all figured out and accounted for multiple things, except having a completely different president changed that
i could have swore that in the trailer when it shows the president it flashes the word Graham across the screen as if it's on a nameplate
xd hunk would be a good one
they haven't confirmed it being sherry birkin, but Ashley's voice actor has confirmed it's not her doing the voice

ff fan 4 life
04-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Thought I should do a reply on here with some updated source links about Resident Evil 6's story and anything else for those interested to look deep into this game.

[youtube:12lufovj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOCB2mDz5ps[/youtube:12lufovj]

http://kotaku.com/5900578/resident-evil ... in-october (http://kotaku.com/5900578/resident-evil-6-shambles-forwards-now-out-in-october)
http://kotaku.com/5900614/new-resident- ... aming-news (http://kotaku.com/5900614/new-resident-evil-6-trailer-leads-todays-avalanche-of-capcom-gaming-news)
http://kotaku.com/5900649/in-resident-e ... -have-guns (http://kotaku.com/5900649/in-resident-evil-6-even-the-zombies-have-guns)
http://kotaku.com/5900944/resident-evil ... /gallery/1 (http://kotaku.com/5900944/resident-evil-6s-ridiculous-1000-collectors-edition/gallery/1)

Oculin
04-27-2012, 03:09 PM
The more I see/hear of RE6 the harder time I'm having caring about it lol. Especially after Capcom basically said "screw survival horror games, pew pew pew all the way."

caramelslice
04-27-2012, 03:39 PM
The more I see/hear of RE6 the harder time I'm having caring about it lol. Especially after Capcom basically said "screw survival horror games, pew pew pew all the way."
You'll have this
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116960-Resident-Evil-Creator-Making-Survival-Horror-Game-for-Bethesda

GrimsChild
04-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Last time he said that Shadows of the Damned was created and that's hardly a survival horror game.

Trust, Me I Got This
04-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Just play Revelations if you want a survival horror Resident Evil.