PDA

View Full Version : Raiding and Whatnots.

Nintenuendo
01-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Hey guys, now that we have a forum, it's gonna be much easier to organize and plan out our raiding plans, so let's do that.

First off, what's everybody's preferred raiding times. Now, I'm sure there's not way EVERYBODY will get their ideal time, but let's get as close as we can. Also, what kind of commitment are you wanting to put into raids (1 night a week, 2 nights, etc)?

Secondly, what's your preferred role (Tank, DPS, Heals), and class? I definitely want everybody to play a class they enjoy, first and foremost, but having a good balance would help, so I just wanna know what we're looking at.

Any special ideas/concerns as far as loot rules? For a 10 man of all friends, a simple Need over Greed system SHOULD be fine, but if you have any other suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Lastly, difficulty of content. Do you guys want to start with some of the slightly outdated contend (Tier 11)? Or do you wanna get into the new stuff with some Dragon Soul runs? I'm fine either way, and with the DS buff coming, easing into that shouldn't be hard, but I thought I'd ask for your feedback first.

I think that's everything I wanted/needed to know for now. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to let me know, either in-game or here on this forum. Thanks.

And oh yeah, make sure to spread the word in guild that we DO, in fact, HAVE a forum now, and let's try to get to using it more frequently. It'll make things a lot easier for us in the long run.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you do have any questions, or just want to add me on Real ID, mine is Nintenuendo@yahoo.com

Kairamek
01-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Given my work schedule I'm not likely not available during the week days. I could put in a 2-3 hour run on those days but there are not enough people with early enough days to make that work. I'm usually 2 hours to bedtime before I see more than 3 other people on.

Saturdays are DnD, and as a the DM that doens't work well. We try to be done by 8p Central and usually beat that by a few minutes, so I could do stuff after that a quick food break.

I'm down for raiding old content for achievements at any point. I'm mainly raiding the new stuff cause we need 'butts in seats' as the theater industry puts if. When we have enough that I can skip without damaging chances of success I most likely will (except for old conent for achivements)

I'm a DPS.

Edit: I'm mostly free on sundays after 5p Cent.

ArtenXevious
01-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Until I have a job, I guess I'm ready whenever? I prefer starting after 8PM CST /server though, since my family usually eats dinner in the thirty minutes prior.

DORPedit:
I main my pally tank, but I'm gearing up a DPS spec as well as leveling a hunter and fairly soon a healing / DPS? priest.

thewowgamer
01-23-2012, 05:46 PM
I will raid on my Warlock, my times are all over the place becasue of work. Generally when i'm not at work i'll probably be online doing something.

When my priest gets to 85 he will be a raid healer for when my lock is not needed.

/troll but then again you need my DEEPS /endtroll

Nitram
01-23-2012, 07:37 PM
The weekend works best for me, since I have no idea what school will throw my way for weekdays. I'll be shamaning it up, DPS since I have no idea how to heal.
Once I get my warlock up to 85 I can sub for wowgamer if he needs to heal. Not to mention my warlock will be 100 times better.
Oh no he didn't.
Oh yes I did.

GamingCthulhu
01-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Sweet we has Forums! My schedule is pretty crazy. About the only times I can guarantee I'm free is mon-sat after 10pm and then sun after 7. Since I tend not to know what my work schedule is till the thursday or friday before the next week. However if we start getting things organized I can be there pretty regularly as SW:ToR is on my back burner as of late and I've really just been playing lots of Binding of Issac.

Nintenuendo
01-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Awesome! Looks like we've got a pretty decent group makeup going now. All we'll need is another tank, and we shouldn't have any problems at all.

I've gone ahead and scheduled one last BWD run for this weekend, maybe we can full clear it since we got pretty close the other night. I've also set us up for a DS attempt, to at least Morchok for NEXT Saturday, so we need to get those last couple of people geared up.

It's cool to see us making so much progress lately. Good stuff.

FinalTrigger
01-25-2012, 05:47 PM
You need me to make a tank too, Tyler. XD

Ruju
01-25-2012, 06:53 PM
SUP

I haz a DPS Kitty

Except for Fridays, anytime after 5pm EST is good for me on the weekdays. On the weekends I don't get off work until 9:30 EST.

Totalitauren can tank anything.

:thumbs:

Nitram
05-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Since this is now relevant again.
There have been discussions of changing which days we raid. By changing the raiding day to the middle of the week, it leaves more time for guild members do do their own personal things on the weekends. However we understand that many of our guild members work every day, so the middle of the week may not work at all.
So let's reevaluate raiding days. I'm personally available pretty much whenever.

Kairamek
05-20-2012, 01:47 AM
I'll let you know after the next shift bid.