PDA

View Full Version : Tax Information

thewowgamer
01-21-2012, 01:31 PM
I need to know if TSG marathon donations qualify for charitable donations credit. I have not received anything in the mail about it and need to know if i can declare my donations on the 1040 form. In specific where can i get info like addresses for the various charities?

localretard
01-21-2012, 01:44 PM
I do believe you are able to write off the donations, but I'm no accountant. I know people have in the past, though. The addresses for the charities are usually listed on their website.

Baltes
01-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Unless you contributed A LOT it doesn't make a difference
For instance I was writing off over $1000 in contributions and expenses, but it didn't change my taxes any, so I may leave it out, I haven't decided yet.

Idk how it works exactly, I know that so long as the charity is registered as a legitimate charity or charitable organization, you can write it off, you have statements and paypal reciepts should you ever need them.
It gets more complicated when you start writing off travel expenses and cost incurred in aiding a charity or charitable organization.
As far as forms, there shouldn't be anything you need, just total your contributions up and submit the total