PDA

View Full Version : SNES Sports Games

evilralphwiggum
10-06-2008, 09:01 AM
I hold them close to my heart....

Tecmo Super Bowl Series<---my favorite football series..
Super Punch Out <---my absolute favorite Boxing Game Ever.
NBA Jam Series
NBA Hangtime<---one of my favorite basketball games ever..
NHL <---haven't played many hockey games..but I have played a few..
Fifa/Soccer<----haven't played many of those either..but Mega Man Soccer ROXXORS
Baseball Simulator <---the SNES version I really liked...

and well the list can go on..I love 16-bit sports games..
much more than any other incarnation.

_triforce_

fettouhi
10-06-2008, 10:03 AM
I played a lot of super tennis when it came out :D

evilralphwiggum
10-06-2008, 10:05 AM
oh snap I knew I forgot something

!! I also played a good deal of Super Tennis xD

gosh..so many excellent titles xD

back during the n64 days I found a copy of Super Tennis at a Toys R' Us for
$.99

that was an awesome day xD

Gwellin
10-06-2008, 10:55 AM
What about Super Play Action Football?

My favourite, and only, SNES sports game was Super Baseball Simulator 1,000 (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/home/588710.html). That was a great game, and not hard to get 20+ runs more than the computer.

evilralphwiggum
10-06-2008, 11:41 AM
i have yet to play super play action football :o

KaidanXain
10-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I always loved Mega Man Soccer.

Sonic62
10-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Wait, could that be a sequel to NES Play Action Football? If so, why have I never heard of it? :o

fettouhi
10-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Same here

Gwellin
10-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Wait, could that be a sequel to NES Play Action Football? If so, why have I never heard of it? :o
It IS a sequel. A friend of mine had it.

evilralphwiggum
10-07-2008, 06:10 AM
i forgot to mention Wrestling games..haha..those are mostly sports games..*cough*
all those WWF games...some of those were great..
Saturday Night Slam Masters was definitely more of a beat em up wrestling game..I mean hell it had Mike Haggar..
http://scrollboss.illmosis.net/fgtsprite/slammasters2_haggar_stand-anim.gif

and don't we all love him *stares at him dreamy eyed, even though that gif is most certainly not Mike Haggar...lol..and i'm too lazy to find a new one*
_awesome_

I just wish my copy worked better than it does..

:cry:

it's contact area fails at life..i bought this copy online..at somepoint..
:?

zach2m1
10-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I know this doesn't have to do with the SNES but for a sport game I really liked NBA show time tho

TheSpeedGamers
10-09-2008, 04:47 PM
The original Ken Griffey Jr present major league baseball on the SNES is the best Baseball game EVER!!!

fettouhi
10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
The original Ken Griffey Jr present major league baseball on the SNES is the best Baseball game EVER!!!

oh did know that :D

zach2m1
10-09-2008, 05:15 PM

Ya I really love that game thats like the only baseball game I play besides Wii sports

Sonic62
10-09-2008, 07:00 PM
There was this baseball game on NES I liked. Now what was that called... If I am remembering right, it was a different looking cartridge.

zach2m1
10-10-2008, 02:46 PM
There was this baseball game on NES I liked. Now what was that called... If I am remembering right, it was a different looking cartridge.

There was one called Baseball and another one called RBI baseball now that was one of the better sports games on the NES

GoSmitty
10-12-2008, 03:00 AM
I do too, but my brother and I call it the "milk game." One day I spilled a glass of milk and it got into the cartridge. Ever since then the game has had random glitches in it. We've had invisible players, an invisible ball, disappearing players, and a disappearing ball. It makes the game crazy and fun, but often makes it unplayable :D .

Diana3
10-12-2008, 11:38 AM
I do too, but my brother and I call it the "milk game." One day I spilled a glass of milk and it got into the cartridge. Ever since then the game has had random glitches in it. We've had invisible players, an invisible ball, disappearing players, and a disappearing ball. It makes the game crazy and fun, but often makes it unplayable :D .

That's hilarious! _awesome_