PDA

View Full Version : Challenges

Brineboy
02-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the Pokemon Challenge thread. Here you can request and talk about different challenges from the various pokemon games. A few other forums have sections like this and gave me the idea to have one here as well. They can be any kind of challenge really some that I know of are the more obvious ones such as a solo run, monotype run, monocolor run, nuzlocke(though I don't really know all the specifics for that one) and those are just a few.

To start a challenge just post what kind of challenge just post what kind of challenge you plan on doing and for what game it will be for. I will try and keep up with all the challenges in this main post (posting who does them and their team used in the game) and have a challengers and completed sections. Here you can also keep us in touch with your run with updates on your challenge.

Challenge Types
Solo Run
1. Pick a pokemon you want to play through as you can choose to evolve it or not (if it does evolve)
2. You are allowed HM Slaves but not for battle
Duo Run
1. Pick 2 pokemon you want to play through as you can choose to evolve them or not
2. You are allowed HM Slaves but not for battle
Monotype Run
1. Pick a type and then you can only use any pokemon that is either just that type or is part that type (such as if you picked fighting you could use a croagunk since it is poison/fighting type)
Monocolor Run
1. Pick a color and you can only use that kind of pokemon.(here is a list of certain colors of pokemon though its not every color http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... n_by_color (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_color))
Random Run
1. You pick which generation you want to play
2. Pick how many pokemon you want on your team (if you are planning on having an HM slave don't include that into your team number ex: you say 5 on your team that means you have one open for a HM slave)
3. Pick if you want to have not fully evolved or legendary pokemon on your team or not.
4. Then someone else will go here http://wyncorporation.com/pokemon/ and put in what was specified above and post those results here.
Nuzlocke Run
1. If a Pokemon Faints release it or store it into your PC you can't use it again
2. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
(those are just the main rules I know of but I know that there are other rules that people sometimes follow when doing that run feel free to inform me of them or just do them yourself)
Character Run
1. Pick a character from the show/games/manga(here is a good place to see what pokemon people have http://serebii.net/anime/characters/)
2. Play through as the pokemon that that character used on their team
3. Optional: you can choose to evolve their pokemon further if they don't evolve all the way in the game
Ultimate Run
1. Is basically an expansion of any of the previous runs by just going through all the different games and completing that challenge for each of them. (EX for solo ultimate run: pick a squirtle and you play through all the main games (red/blue/FR/LG, silver/gold/HG/SS, ect. wih squirtle)
2. Doesn't matter which version of the game you play through (could be Red and Blue or Firered and Leafgreen)

[spoiler=Challengers:2f149cib]Notmman - Platinum Nuzlocke[/spoiler:2f149cib]
[spoiler=Challenges Completed:2f149cib]None Yet[/spoiler:2f149cib]
[spoiler=Ultimate Challenges Completed:2f149cib]None Yet[/spoiler:2f149cib]

If anyone has any suggestions for other challenges feel free to post them here and I'll add them in.

Nightlingbolt
02-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Question: If I choose to do, say, a Trip run, can I not use any other Pokemon but HM slaves at any point in the game, or can I use, say, a Simisear until Litwick becomes available? Also, would my Frillish have to have Cursed Body as its ability?

Brineboy
02-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Ability doesn't really mater much I think so that would be up to you if you wanted to have it have it or not. As for the the using of the HM slaves/simisear I am a bit confused with the question I guess you could it would really just be up to you if you wanted to or not.

Nightlingbolt
02-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm gonna try a Nuzlocke of Black. Keyword: TRY. I don't know if I'll be able to commit myself to it. My rules are gonna be:

-Catch the first Pokemon in each new area. You have three chances to find a unique Pokemon. On the third encounter, you have to catch it no matter what it is.
-Nickname all captured Pokemon.
-Faint = Death.
-If a Pokemon faints in a battle which your Pokemon would be immediately healed (Cheren on Route 5, Doctor/Nurse, etc.) it doesn't count as a death. I'm doing this because if your lead against Cheren on Route 5 faints, it wouldn't make any sense to send a dead Pokemon out.
-Just so we're clear, I'm counting Pinwheel Forest as two separate areas - inside and out. Same goes for Dragonspiral Tower (inside and out) and Victory Road (inside and outside the caves)

Brineboy
02-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Good luck with your challenge. I think I am gonna try a random pokemon run of white. If someone would be so kind to run the random pokemon generator for the unova dex, 6 pokemon and exclude legendary pokemon from it it would be greatly appreciated

Nightlingbolt
02-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Disregard my Nuzlocke challenge. I decided I detest all the excess grinding required in them.

And did you want NFEs? Wait, rather than wait for your answer, I'll run it once with and once without.

[spoiler=NFEs:1zzc9msv]#583 - Vanillish
#529 - Drilbur
#554 - Darumaka
#605 - Elgyem
#635 - Hydreigon
#619 - Mienfoo[/spoiler:1zzc9msv]

[spoiler=No NFEs:1zzc9msv]#558 - Crustle
#523 - Zebstrika
#565 - Carracosta
#589 - Escavalier
#606 - Beheeyem
#581 - Swanna[/spoiler:1zzc9msv]

Brineboy
02-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Actually changed my mind on doing a random run of white for now and instead am gonna do a Monograss run of Emerald.

NeoDarkraiTV
05-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Although I'm not doing one, there's Unevolved Runs where you're not allowed to evolve Pokémon on your team.

notmman
05-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Last time, I did an all Poison type run of Platinum.

This time, I might give a Nuzlocke challenge of Platinum a go. Sign me up, and I'll tell you when I start playing.

FeilOng156
05-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Well, I'm a little late, I just finished a Heart Gold nuzlocke a while ago. Once B/W2 comes out, I'll go ahead and do an ice-type only run. If someone wants to suggest an extra rule or two, that'd be nice.

ojamamask
05-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Wow, I totally forgot about the silcoon solo run that I promised to finish.

Nightlingbolt
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
No, you probably just repressed the memory.

ojamamask
05-09-2012, 11:45 AM
No, you probably just repressed the memory.
Yea, that's what I meant.

Oh god I'm on the 3rd gym and I have 9h of game time. _dead2_

thefreezer1000
05-09-2012, 06:14 PM
I am thinking of doing a Emerald random run, please sign me up and exclude legendary and NFE pokemon. Thanks!

diddyknux
05-10-2012, 09:48 PM
I think I'll do a Nuzlocke of either Yellow or FireRed. More likely FireRed, as it would probably be a little easier.

Brineboy
05-12-2012, 09:19 AM
@thefreezer
#306 - Aggron
#55 - Golduck
#286 - Breloom
#368 - Gorebyss
#26 - Raichu
#346 - Cradily

StarryNovaSaiyan
06-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm in the middle of a Poison Mono in Fire Red...that E4 has been bugging me and I'm limited on supplies.

Pirates240
06-23-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm thinking I'll do a Charizard only run... should be pretty good.

pkGamerB
06-24-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm in the middle of a full Ash anime run (first four generations), which is basically just playing through the regions using his respective teams from them (with all captures and evolutions happening around the same time they did in the show). It started when I played through a Fire Red hack called Pokemon Ash Gray, and once that was over, I decided to just go on through the other three regions. I decided to send my Pokemon from Ash Gray to Fire Red so I could play through the Sevii Islands, since the Orange Islands part of the hack hasn't been released yet. After that, it's on to Heartgold, then Sapphire, then back to Heart Gold for Kanto (to take the place of the Battle Frontier), and then Diamond/Platinum. I won't be doing BW since it's still going on.

I actually did this like two years ago, and it was pretty fun. The Sinnoh team was my favorite to use, and the Johto one was the most challenging.

the1stpkmnfan
06-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Same as PK, I'm in the middle of a anime run right now that I started. My last run was a Harley run (from Seasons 8-9), now I'm doing a Solidad run (Season 9) who won the Kanto Grand Festival. Her Pokemon consisted of Slowbro, Lapras, Butterfree and Pidgeot. Not a bad team, so it might work out. I'm playing through LeafGreen with her team, and so far I won 3 badges.

I usually do anime runs by what handheld game works best. For a few previous runs I have completed: May (Sapphire), Dawn (Platinum).

Dracobringer
06-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Going for a Random Nuzlock of Black

Random Run
1. You pick which generation you want to play
2. Pick how many pokemon you want on your team (if you are planning on having an HM slave don't include that into your team number ex: you say 5 on your team that means you have one open for a HM slave)
3. Pick if you want to have not fully evolved or legendary pokemon on your team or not.
4. Then someone else will go here http://wyncorporation.com/pokemon/ and put in what was specified above and post those results here.

Stonepaw1 picked my five for me
10:29 Stonepaw1: interesting
» Scrafty
» Ferrothorn
» Haxorus
» Cryogonal
» Alomomola

Grabbing a flying pokemon for my hm slave.

Going for a no items challenge except for balls. Allowing pokecenters and doctors since no items. If a pokemon dies, it's dead and I have an even further limited team. I'm only catching the pokemon listed and legendaries, but not using them, and shinies if i happen to see one. I'm also only capturing the first one I see of a pokemon for my team, so no going back and cherrypicking natures/abilities.

I also have to lvl up my starter, Oshawatt, a bit in order to beat the first gym, since I'm not going to take Pansear from the npc. I also took Oshawatt so I could teach it surf to catch Alomomola.

The earliest I can catch my team:
Scraggy - Route 4 and the entrance to the Desert Resort. -- Around lvl 20
Ferroseed - Chargestone Cave -- Around lvl 25
Axew - Mistralton Cave -- Around lvl 30
Cryogonal - Twist Mountain -- Around lvl 30
Alomomola - Shaking surf spots in route 4, 17, 18 and Driftvel city -- Around lvl 20

Lul well, just found out that you can't go past the double battle by the daycare without having a second pokemon, so I caught a lvl 4 Audino and nicknamed it 'WasteOSpac'.

As of now, I have a lvl 40 Scrafty with the modest nature and moxie ability.
Modest raises special attack and lowers attack, meaning my scrafty is gimped, lmao.
Moxie raises attack upon defeating an enemy.

I also have a lvl 28 Oshawott, lvl 4 Audino and a lvl 12 Pidove.

About to be at the 5th gym, no other pokemon in dex so far. I can get my Ferroseed after the 5th gym from Chargestone Cave