PDA

View Full Version : Aliens: Colonial Marines

Trust, Me I Got This
02-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm sure some of you have heard about this but Aliens: Colonial Marines deserves it's own topic. Basically this is a first person shooter that is based around the film Aliens. The game is being developed by Gearbox Software and being published by SEGA. At the moment it is looking much better than the Aliens Vs Predator game they made that came out back in 2010 (Which I think was much better than how it was critically received). No release date is set yet except for a tentative Fall 2012. So what are your guys opinions on it? Anyone planning on picking it up from the early game play we have seen of it?

Muzy72
02-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Gearbox Software? Aren't those the same people who made Duke Nukem Forever?

Trust, Me I Got This
02-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Gearbox Software? Aren't those the same people who made Duke Nukem Forever?
Not sure, it rings a bell though. But it's harsh to judge a developer by a bad game. All companies make a bad game eventually.

kmmgreen5
02-18-2012, 05:13 PM
they also make borderlands and this game should be pretty awesome too judging by that new trailer that came out a few weeks ago[spoiler:c2wxb7hu][youtube:c2wxb7hu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfOOOAN9e9w[/youtube:c2wxb7hu][/spoiler:c2wxb7hu]

GamingCthulhu
02-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Gearbox Software really didn't make Duke Nukem. Instead it was developed by 3D Realms and Triptych Games and when both those companies essentially fell apart Gearbox said it was time for the game to finally see the light of day and bought it from 3D Realms and Triptych and just finished it and put it out the door. After all 15 years of development errors by 3D Realms and Triptych was what the real problem was and not what Gearbox had done with the game.

If you want to judge Gearbox for one of their games to know how colonial Marines is going to be look to Borderlands or the Brother in Arms series and not Duke Nukem Forever.

Trust, Me I Got This
02-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Gearbox Software really didn't make Duke Nukem. Instead it was developed by 3D Realms and Triptych Games and when both those companies essentially fell apart Gearbox said it was time for the game to finally see the light of day and bought it from 3D Realms and Triptych and just finished it and put it out the door. After all 15 years of development errors by 3D Realms and Triptych was what the real problem was and not what Gearbox had done with the game.

If you want to judge Gearbox for one of their games to know how colonial Marines is going to be look to Borderlands or the Brother in Arms series and not Duke Nukem Forever.
Completely agree with you there. Borderlands is a modern classic in my eyes so I am expecting something good from Aliens.

kmmgreen5
02-18-2012, 05:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wwFcG.jpg

GamingCthulhu
02-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Man he looks like a Centauri from Babylon 5

Trust, Me I Got This
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wwFcG.jpg
You sir, are the winner of this topic.