PDA

View Full Version : PSX/PS2 Mascots Community Marathon (PICK SOME GAMES)

nickyv917
02-21-2012, 06:32 PM
I want to organize some sort of marathon for the end of summer. According to the poll that you guys filled out, we will be doing a marathon of Playstation Mascots (Sly Cooper, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank, and Jax & Daxter). Games are be open for claiming, I just need to talk to some friends about the marathon, to see what games they'll want to do.

[spoiler=Games::3tx3jh90]Crash Bandicoot: marche100
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back: marche100
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped: nickyv917
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex:
Crash Twinsanity:
Crash of the Titans:
Crash: Mind Over Mutant:
Crash Team Racing:
Crash Nitro Kart:
Crash Tag Team Racing: Pokemaniac51 (maybe)
Crash Bash:
Crash Boom Bang:
Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure:
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced:
Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage:
Spyro the Dragon: marche100
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage: nickyv917
Spyro: Year of the Dragon: TheRubyRadio
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly: Pokemaniac51
Spyro: A Hero's Tail:
Spyro: Shadow Legacy:
The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning:
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night:
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon:
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure: themaractus
Spyro: Season of Ice:
Spyro 2: Season of Flame:
Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs:
Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy:
Ratchet & Clank:
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando:
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal:
Ratchet: Deadlocked: nickyv917
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters:
Ratcher & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction: MrCoolz3000
Secret Agent Clank:
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty:
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time:
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One: DoubleThree1
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy: Mintenndo (maybe)
Jak II:
Jak 3: JasefWisener
Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier:
Jak X: Combat Racing:
Daxter:
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus: TheRubyRadio
Sly 2: Band of Thieves:
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves: DemonRazorBlade
Sly 4: Thieves in Time (if it's out):
Playstation Move Heroes:[/spoiler:3tx3jh90]

Tentative Timeline:
March 3: Games decided
March 3: Games and ops will be open for claiming
April 1: Charity poll will open
April 20: Charity poll will close
May 1: Official date decided, Commentary will be open for claiming
mid-August to early September: Marathon will occur

JasefWisener
02-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I would probably be up for helping a bit with this. I'd personally love to see a Sonic marathon or a marathon featuring Jak.

deadbrain
02-21-2012, 11:14 PM
I want to organize some sort of marathon for the end of summer. I have a few ideas floating in my head, but I want some feedback from you guys. What kind of marathon would you like to see?

Ideas for marathon:
4 day Sly, Jak, and Ratchet marathon
3 day Crash/Spyro marathon
3 day Legend of Zelda marathon
3 day Sonic marathon
60 hour Katamari Marathon
2 day Kirby marathon
Whatever you guys want to see!

Whatever I hear the most will be put in a poll, and then we'll go from there. Let me know what you think, and remember this marathon is still in its infancy. Anything and everything is open to change: the length, the games, the date, everything.

....one suggestion, if you can find people who actually have the games, then... "3 day .hack// marathon." _awesome_

otherwise, its sounds like an ok idea with any of the ones you mentioned so far.

Trust, Me I Got This
02-22-2012, 12:09 AM
I would love to see a marathon with Jak, Ratchet, Spyro and Crash all together. It could be a PlayStation mascots marathon.

Daskichan
02-22-2012, 08:02 AM
As always, I'm here to help if you need me. ;3

Also. SPYRO ;-; <333
Only if we do the first 3 games for the PS1. After that, it's not even worth it.

But to fill time and space? I'd go with what Trustme said; Playstation Mascots Marathon. That would allow for a huge range of interests to be covered.

JasefWisener
02-22-2012, 08:51 AM
That's a really cool idea, and I don't think it's been done before. I know I'd be down for helping.

[ Post made via iPod ]

Crysagee
02-22-2012, 10:47 AM
I agree, a playstation mascots marathon sounds like a great idea! It is different, and hasn't really been done before, and can be a lot of fun for everyone since there would be so many games to play! I'm down! (:

[ Post made via iPhone ]

wee187
02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
A Crash/Spyro marathon would be awesome. That's some of my first games right there. Good times. :)

Trust, Me I Got This
02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
You could also throw in Sly Cooper if it is a PlayStation Mascots Marathon. And if someone has Playstation Move for the PS3 we could play Playstation Move Heroes which features Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter and Sly an Bentley.

silverXangel
02-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Sounds fun; I'm interested, and willing, to help out.

Mplay213
02-26-2012, 04:42 PM
I voted for Kirby but Katamari would also be awesome.

Twilight-Brawl
02-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Voted for Sonic marathon

Dannydaw003
02-26-2012, 05:08 PM
My vote went to the Playstation mascots!

Muzy72
02-26-2012, 11:09 PM
PlayStation Mascots!

[ Post made via Samsung Epic ]

Trust, Me I Got This
02-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Playstation mascots for me. Hopefully I would be able to participate in this marathon if it does end up being the Playstation mascots marathon.

skymastergamerpt
02-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Really Like the ideia for the Playstation marathons and such so that is the one I voted on. Just one question how is the commentary for this marathon gonna work?

nickyv917
02-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Really Like the ideia for the Playstation marathons and such so that is the one I voted on. Just one question how is the commentary for this marathon gonna work?
There will be two commentary screens at the same time: one for gameplay, and the other with a live commentator.

skymastergamerpt
02-27-2012, 06:55 PM
ok then nicky do the commenators have to necessarily play on the marathon or they can be like Rust just commentating.

nickyv917
02-27-2012, 08:30 PM
ok then nicky do the commenators have to necessarily play on the marathon or they can be like Rust just commentating.
No, commentators do not have to play.

[ Post made via Android ]

skymastergamerpt
02-27-2012, 09:32 PM
No, commentators do not have to play.

Well then if you want me to do some of the Early Morning commentarys I can do them.

MattThePatrat
02-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Would Rayman be considered a Playstation 1 mascot? If so, I'll vote for that.

nickyv917
03-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't think so, since Rayman was released for the Sega consoles and Nintendo handhelds.

JasefWisener
03-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Jak 1-3

[ Post made via iPod ]

Pokemaniac51
03-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Could I be an OP?

Blaumagier
03-04-2012, 05:29 AM
I don't think so, since Rayman was released for the Sega consoles and Nintendo handhelds.

Spyro and Crash aren't any more playstation mascots than Rayman is as they've also had games on other systems.

Where's the Uncharted, Infamous, God of War and Little Big Planet? Those are PlayStation mascots.

nickyv917
03-04-2012, 06:02 AM

Spyro and Crash aren't any more playstation mascots than Rayman is as they've also had games on other systems.

Where's the Uncharted, Infamous, God of War and Little Big Planet? Those are PlayStation mascots.
I mentioned Rayman to MattThePatrat earlier, he was a multi-console release from the start.
As for the other games, that a fair point. Let me change the name real quick.

JasefWisener
03-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Taking a look at my personal schedule, how about I just take Jak 3 for now? With a job, I have a feeling I won't have time to practice the first two and it's been years since I've played those.

nickyv917
03-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Taking a look at my personal schedule, how about I just take Jak 3 for now? With a job, I have a feeling I won't have time to practice the first two and it's been years since I've played those.
Sure thing, Jasef. I know one person who'll be happy to hear this. Guy on YouTube asked to do Jak 1, and now I can tell him that he can play it.

Blaumagier
03-06-2012, 05:27 AM
As much as i'd like to help, I'm just not familiar with these games. I've always wanted to play J&D and R&C games as I've always heard some amazing things about them.

Marche100
03-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I WANT THE FIRST SPYRO GAME.

RAHHHHH!!!

ALSO THAT FIRST CRASH BANDICOOT GAME.

DOUBLE RAHHHH!!!

AND THAT SECOND CRASH BANDICOOT GAME.

TRIPLE RAHHHH!!!

Well, I can take all three games, but I'm willing to give up Crash Bandicoot 1 or 2 if someone else desperately wants to take one of them (but only one of them, not both).

So many awesome marathon ideas popping up lately, and I get to play in all of them! So awesome! The Spyro games and Crash Bandicoot games were my childhood, so I'm pretty darn familiar with both.

Also, you are very brave to take Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, Pokemaniac. I wish good luck to you. I certainly couldn't get through the game before I turned off my Gamecube in frustration (it's so poorly made, and the glitches...THE GLITCHES!!!)

nickyv917
03-08-2012, 06:50 PM

RAHHHHH!!!

DOUBLE RAHHHH!!!

TRIPLE RAHHHH!!!

Well, I can take all three games, but I'm willing to give up Crash Bandicoot 1 or 2 if someone else desperately wants to take one of them (but only one of them, not both).

So many awesome marathon ideas popping up lately, and I get to play in all of them! So awesome! The Spyro games and Crash Bandicoot games were my childhood, so I'm pretty darn familiar with both.

Also, you are very brave to take Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, Pokemaniac. I wish good luck to you. I certainly couldn't get through the game before I turned off my Gamecube in frustration (it's so poorly made, and the glitches...THE GLITCHES!!!)
RESPONSE RAHHHHH!

Ok, Spyro 1, Crash 1, and Crash 2, got it.

And I agree Poke is crazy.

Pokemaniac51
03-08-2012, 11:03 PM

RAHHHHH!!!

DOUBLE RAHHHH!!!

TRIPLE RAHHHH!!!

RESPONSE RAHHHHH!

Ok, Spyro 1, Crash 1, and Crash 2, got it.

And I agree Poke is crazy. I'm gonna try my darndest... I only beat it 3 times... but not in a speed run...