PDA

View Full Version : First of the series Marathon Idea

Pokemaniac51
03-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Hey Everyone, Today I got an idea for a good marathon. Basically, the games played are going to be the 1st in each series. For example, for Pokemon, Red and Blue. Or for another example, The original Legend of Zelda. Super Mario Bros. Etc. If you are interested, Leave me a comment or a PM of what game you would like to do. (games in the spoiler tab above) I NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE A WEBSITE FOR THIS!!! PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN!!!!! I need two streams on the site, one for gaming and the other for commentary

[spoiler:1gs2wqje]Games:
Super Smash Bros.: Pokemaniac51
Pikmin: NickyV917
Pokemon Red/Blue: TheEpicBeing
Super Mario Bros. (Original):
Legend of Zelda:
Fire Emblem:
Metroid:
F-Zero:
Kirby's Dream Land: Blaumagier
Donkey Kong: MattThePatrat
Wario Land:
Mother 1:
Starfox:
Kid Icarus: Pokemaniac51
Sly Cooper And The Thevious Racoonus:
Jak and Daxter:
Crash Bandicoot:
Spyro The Dragon: nickyV917
Ratchet and Clank:
Rayman:
Gex:
Infamous:
Call of Duty:
Portal: Marche100
Half Life: Marche100
Left4Dead:
Ape Escape:
Sonic The Hedgehog: Pokemaniac51
Little Big Planet:
Kingdom Hearts: NickyV917 (maybe)
Bio-shock:
Assassin's Creed:
Banjo-Kazooie: NickyV917 (Maybe)
Perfect Dark:
Tomb Raider:
Syphon Filter:
Final Fantasy:
Crono Trigger:
Tales of Phantasia:
Golden Sun:
Soul Calibur:
Super Monkey Ball: TheEpicBeing
Megaman: Blaumagier
Castlevania:
Resident Evil:
Silent Hill:
Dead Rising:
Dragon Quest: Blaumagier[/spoiler:1gs2wqje]

Details:
Marathon Date: August 4th-11th (Tentatively)
Charity: Cancer Care
[spoiler:1gs2wqje]OPs:
Nickyv917
Pokemaniac51
Marche100
More TBA[/spoiler:1gs2wqje]

[spoiler:1gs2wqje]Commentary:
colwin1
Pokemaniac51
nickyv917[/spoiler:1gs2wqje]

MSico
03-04-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm intrigued, but that is a HUGE list. Is it going to be narrowed down?

Pokemaniac51
03-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm intrigued, but that is a HUGE list. Is it going to be narrowed down? But a lot of those games are short... plus, I'm not sure if we are going to get EVERY SINGLE one of those games.

JasefWisener
03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
I agree that that is a TON of games, and it may be...difficult to have them all played to completion. But, power to you. I'll be glad to help out some if this gets off the ground.

Pokemaniac51
03-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I agree that that is a TON of games, and it may be...difficult to have them all played to completion. But, power to you. I'll be glad to help out some if this gets off the ground. I took out a few of the games that I thought didn't really need to be in there... just to shorten out the list. If you have any other games that you think shouldn't be in there. Just let me know

Blaumagier
03-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Dibs on Mega Man

Pokemaniac51
03-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Dibs on Mega Man Alrighty

Blaumagier
03-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Looking over the list again, I'll also take Kirby's Dreamland. Also, why no Dragon Quest? I can beast that game in 3 hours.

Pokemaniac51
03-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Looking over the list again, I'll also take Kirby's Dreamland. Also, why no Dragon Quest? I can beast that game in 3 hours. do you want to play DQ for the marathon?

Blaumagier
03-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Sure.

MSico
03-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Dragon Quest? I can beast that game in 3 hours.

YOU'RE A MADMAN! :o

Pokemaniac51
03-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Dragon Quest? I can beast that game in 3 hours.

YOU'RE A MADMAN! :o I agree!

Blaumagier
03-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I almost did in 3 hours during Jasef's SNESfest, but the game locked up on me as I was about to hit up the final dungeon. So it ended up taking me an extra half hour, continuing from a different save that was basically at the exact same spot in the game (and actually saved, I might add).

MattThePatrat
03-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I am very new to video game marathons and this is going to sound like a stupid question. When you do a marathon, do all the players have to be in the same place or can we be in different places on the same stream? If I could do it from my home, I would love to play Donkey Kong on the NES.

Pokemaniac51
03-04-2012, 09:38 PM
I am very new to video game marathons and this is going to sound like a stupid question. When you do a marathon, do all the players have to be in the same place or can we be in different places on the same stream? If I could do it from my home, I would love to play Donkey Kong on the NES. We can do it in different places... All we have to do is make a good schedule! So ya... you can do Donkey Kong!

MattThePatrat
03-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the info.

JasefWisener
03-04-2012, 10:44 PM
I almost did in 3 hours during Jasef's SNESfest, but the game locked up on me as I was about to hit up the final dungeon. So it ended up taking me an extra half hour, continuing from a different save that was basically at the exact same spot in the game (and actually saved, I might add).

Seems like the final time was around 3:20, but that;'s just from memory so I could be off. Either way, it was definitely fun to see.

MattThePatrat
03-05-2012, 02:01 PM
There are 2 versions of Donkey Kong on the NES. One has 3 of the original levels + Donkey Kong Jr. The other one has all 4 original arcade levels. Which one would you rather see in the marathon?

Blaumagier
03-06-2012, 05:19 AM
So are we limiting this to only the very first game in a series (Such as Donkey Kong) or will this include the first in spinoff series as well (like Donkey Kong Country, which one could argue is a different series than the games that pit Mario against our ape friend)? Because if it's the latter, I would do Mega Man X as well (and i'd prefer to do the PSP remake since it's easier to speed run 100%, but I could do the SNES one instead).

[ Post made via Android ]

Muzy72
03-06-2012, 11:58 AM
^I would rather have it be the very first game in the series with no spinoffs, but that's just my opinion.

[ Post made via Samsung Epic ]

MattThePatrat
03-06-2012, 02:49 PM
I'll just do the 4 arcade levels.

Marche100
03-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man. This is an awesome idea.

Heck, there are quite a few games I could take that fill me with gallons of nostalgia, but if I may, I'd like to take both Half-Life and Portal. I've been playing Half-Life since I was in grade school and I've beaten it plenty of times, so I think I can run through that at a pretty good pace. And Portal's a game that's only a few hours long anyways, so I can rush through that, no problem.

And I can be a mod if you need mods. Since the marathon's in August, I shouldn't have a problem with being there most of each day that the marathon goes on for.

Pokemaniac51
03-06-2012, 11:07 PM
So are we limiting this to only the very first game in a series (Such as Donkey Kong) or will this include the first in spinoff series as well (like Donkey Kong Country, which one could argue is a different series than the games that pit Mario against our ape friend)? Because if it's the latter, I would do Mega Man X as well (and i'd prefer to do the PSP remake since it's easier to speed run 100%, but I could do the SNES one instead).

[ Post made via Android ] No, this Marathon would not include the spinoff series'. Only the 1st game of the series

Pokemaniac51
03-06-2012, 11:10 PM

Heck, there are quite a few games I could take that fill me with gallons of nostalgia, but if I may, I'd like to take both Half-Life and Portal. I've been playing Half-Life since I was in grade school and I've beaten it plenty of times, so I think I can run through that at a pretty good pace. And Portal's a game that's only a few hours long anyways, so I can rush through that, no problem.

And I can be a mod if you need mods. Since the marathon's in August, I shouldn't have a problem with being there most of each day that the marathon goes on for. Ok! I'll put you down for Half Life and Portal! But just so you know, the date isn't set in stone just yet. but It WILL start in the summer of 2012... Hopefully! And I guess you can be a mod too... but thing is, I don't want anyone removing people randomly...

nickyv917
03-06-2012, 11:21 PM

And I can be a mod if you need mods. Since the marathon's in August, I shouldn't have a problem with being there most of each day that the marathon goes on for. Ok! I'll put you down for Half Life and Portal! But just so you know, the date isn't set in stone just yet. but It WILL start in the summer of 2012... Hopefully! And I guess you can be a mod too... but thing is, I don't want anyone removing people randomly...
I can vouch for Marche, he's been around for quite a while, he's not gonna do anything stupid. Go ahead and let him mod if you want.

[ Post made via Android ]

Marche100
03-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Fools...muahahahaha!!!

I mean, of course I won't do anything stupid. You can count on me. _awesome_

And I doubt we should have much trouble, if any, in the first place. We all know the rules and I seriously doubt that anyone would break them. Maybe if we have some people outside of the community come in we could possibly have a rule-breaker on our hands, but otherwise, I think we'll be fine (not that I'm saying that people outside the community shouldn't watch the marathon, because by all means they should go for it.

Pokemaniac51
03-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Fools...muahahahaha!!!

I mean, of course I won't do anything stupid. You can count on me. _awesome_

And I doubt we should have much trouble, if any, in the first place. We all know the rules and I seriously doubt that anyone would break them. Maybe if we have some people outside of the community come in we could possibly have a rule-breaker on our hands, but otherwise, I think we'll be fine (not that I'm saying that people outside the community shouldn't watch the marathon, because by all means they should go for it. By "Mod" do you mean an OP?

Pokemaniac51
03-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Hey guys, I need a favour from one of you. I need one of you to make a website for this stream. If you can, leave me a PM.

Thanks, Pokemaniac

Marche100
03-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Yeah, I mean OP.

I mean, it's basically the same thing as being a moderator of the chat, so I always call it that.

Pokemaniac51
03-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I mean OP.

I mean, it's basically the same thing as being a moderator of the chat, so I always call it that. Ok, you're down! _awesome_

colwin1
03-14-2012, 07:44 PM
I would be willing to do commentary, if my very recent switch from lurker to user doesn't disqualify me. :(

Pokemaniac51
03-16-2012, 07:00 PM
I would be willing to do commentary, if my very recent switch from lurker to user doesn't disqualify me. :( Alright, but don't choose a date just yet.

Blaumagier
07-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Seeing as this is far from being ready to go and tentatively scheduled for next week, I'm going to go ahead and drop out of this one. Sorry. Good luck with it, though.

Baltes
07-29-2012, 12:08 PM
considering it doesn't look like he's even posted since this thread, I don't think it's happening anyways lol