PDA

View Full Version : Tribes: Ascend

Pictocheat
04-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Tribes: Ascend is a free-to-play online shooter on the PC that's very similar in style to the Halo series. However, there's two gameplay aspects that make it unique from other games; jetpacking and skiing. Skiing allows you to ignore friction and slide down/over terrain, and you can use your jetpack to fly over steep slopes and large obstacles. When effectively utilized, these allow you to cross the battlefield very quickly and makes combat all the more challenging. You can use experience (earned after matches) or Gold (which you buy with real money) to upgrade/unlock weapons, armor, and new classes. It's pretty fun if you have a computer with a good video card; otherwise, don't expect to do too well. The weapons for the base classes, at least, require near-pinpoint accuracy, so lag can really screw you up.

Who else downloaded the game, and what are your thoughts/opinions? You can also exchange information here to register each other.

kmmgreen5
04-24-2012, 07:39 PM
i love this game and it's a lot of fun my username is the same one as on here

CommentatorGuy
04-25-2012, 12:36 PM
I downloaded Tribes as well. I gotta say its pretty freaken sweet. Its a game where I can hop on and play for like 20 mins and then hop off no problem. I have been looking for an fps shooter like that for awhile but I never really found anything I liked. TF2 got close to filling that space for me but I dunno I just didnt have that much fun playing TF2. Then I gave tribes a shot and I found what I had been looking for =P

Araman
06-28-2012, 10:25 PM
This is on Steam now - you all have absolutely no excuse to go get it! I am aramanKain if anyone wants to friend me on there - let's team up!

DwarfInASuit
07-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Probably my favorite game released so far this year. What a bloody fantastic shooter Tribes is, it's fast paced and explosive and is just a bundle full of fun. I was thinking that if we get enough people on TSG playing it, we might be able to chip-in for a server OR possibly do this:

The most recent update (Twinfusor) has given us the opportunity to add clan tags to the front of our names, we could get together and buy TSG as a clan tag? I haven't checked it out yet, but it might be interesting.

CommentatorGuy
07-27-2012, 01:30 PM
I am a fan of tribes as I have said before and I am down for being part of a TSG clan on there. If there are many others interested I would be down for streaming some for TSG to get a little community going on there =)

Kylethedarkn
07-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Played Tribes a bit at a friends house. Reminded me kind of like a Halo/Unreal Tournament crossover. If a TSG guild get's made I'd probably hop on a lot to play.

irishwinger10
07-27-2012, 03:03 PM
i'd be down. Been playing on and off since beta and recently i've been having a lot of fun with it, so i'd for sure be willing to join up and play seom games.

Tachyon
08-09-2012, 04:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RGlQD.jpg

Araman
08-13-2012, 12:09 PM
I'd be down for a TSG clan. I agree on the UT comparison, which is why I think I'm so drawn to this game, spent many hours in UT getting M-M-M-M-Monster kills! Love it.