PDA

View Full Version : Kirby 2012 Fanfest (Labor Day Weekend)

Daskichan
04-28-2012, 08:02 PM
----INTEREST THREAD-----

Hey everyone!

So in the spirit of our favorite ball of pink joy (sorry Jigglypuff).... We'd like to dedicate an entire weekend to the Superstar from DreamLand~ KIRBY!

Since Kirby games are relatively short, there is potential to squish all of the games into one weekend. OR, we could focus on three console games for Kirby-- i.e....

note that this is just an example
Saturday, Sept 1: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64 / Wii Virtual Console)
Sunday, Sept 2: Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
Monday, Sept 3: Kirby: Return to Dreamland (Wii)

I can make a mock-schedule for squeezing ~12 Kirby games into the weekend as soon as I collect some more data on times as September approaches. Stay tuned for that if it is the route we take.

---
I know it's a different spin on the fanfest idea and event that we put on last year with Super Mario Brothers 3, but since I'm running the show here~ It'll be different!

As Britt did before with the SMB3Fest, each day of the fest will feature artwork of Kirby that you all make. If art is not your thing: fanfiction (nothing above PG, sorry!), music remixes or compositions, interpretive dance, whatever strikes your fancy? We will display it.
--

BUT YEAH. Thoughts? Opinions? Would you down to help out and show off your Kirby skills? What games would you like to see?

I'm eager to hear what you all would like to do! Remember, I am just the conductor, or orchestrator, of this! I am nothing without you all (my metaphorical band)~

If you don't want to post an opinion, my inbox is always open. I'll listen to any concerns or criticisms you have. :]

Muzy72
04-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Someone needs to do the Kirby dance :P

Daskichan
04-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Someone needs to do the Kirby dance :P

I second this notion. C:

metalman27
04-28-2012, 10:29 PM
I think we should have a lot more community stream events like this. Kirby is a great series and I'm sure everyone will have fun.

localretard
04-29-2012, 10:01 AM
I think we should have a lot more community stream events like this. Kirby is a great series and I'm sure everyone will have fun.
We want to have more community events like this, but the problem is that typically too few people participate to warrant the effort; ergo, this interest thread.

Zaerox Gamma
04-29-2012, 11:37 AM
First, I'm cross-posting this into the main Kirby thread.

Second, I'd be up for a run of Return to Dream Land, since I own neither of the other two games, and KRDL is my third-favorite game in the series. The only possible barriers for me are figuring out how to stream it and whether I'd even be allowed/available to, since I start college this fall and I'm not sure if I'd be able to take any of my games.

Crysagee
04-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Oh man, how I love me some Kirby! Sounds like a great idea~! ^.^

Blaumagier
05-04-2012, 10:05 PM
It would be wrong to do a Kirby fanfest without the game that started it all, Kirby's Dreamland. Also, why do Kirby's Adventure and Kirby SuperStar get left out of console status?

*pets NES* Surely she wasn't implying you aren't a console ;_;

[ Post made via Android ]

Daskichan
05-06-2012, 07:47 AM
It would be wrong to do a Kirby fanfest without the game that started it all, Kirby's Dreamland. Also, why do Kirby's Adventure and Kirby SuperStar get left out of console status?

*pets NES* Surely she wasn't implying you aren't a console ;_;

[ Post made via Android ]

It was just an example! I didn't know what games people had that could play so I just used the three recent ones as an example XDD

nickyv917
03-11-2013, 07:48 PM
I'd be interested in this. The only Kirby game I can play is Air Ride, but still sounds good.