PDA

View Full Version : Mario Tennis Open

Nightlingbolt
05-22-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm not 100% if there's a topic for this already, but basically, talk about your experiences with this game.

I only have the Singles Final Cup to complete in the Star Open. I've been working with Diddy Kong so far, and he's worked out for me in the long run. I did, however, struggle with the last match of the Shell Cup, but so far, I've won all my matches first try. But are there only two opens? Or do I unlock another one after the Final Cup?

BroBuzz
05-22-2012, 09:19 AM
I plan on picking it up when the price drops/is on sale. Looks as fun as any other Mario Tennis game.

Nightlingbolt
05-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Yeah, the only reason I picked it up was because I had a GameStop gift card. The tournaments make you work to come out on top, though the AI has a bad habit of prolonging deuces to the point where you just want to give it the game, but you know you can't afford to give it any breathing room. Still fun, though.

the1stpkmnfan
05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
There was a topic, but it got 6 months old without a new post, so it's at the Link to the Past forum.

Anyway I got this game Sunday, overall, it's okay. Th power shots for individual players is taken out. Instead they have about 3-4 different shows you can make that are power shot-esque. But it's not the same.

There's no story mode, like expected, but the online match up is a lot of fun. This is what kept me playing the game.

I haven got far, but I did finish the first 4 tournaments in Singler Playe mode. Yet theres another set of 4.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Nightlingbolt
05-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Just played a few matches against an Ace-level computer. Holy, fuck, that shit's impossible. I mean, I was using Diddy, my star character, and only ever got one point off of Blue Yoshi, which I only got because he got out. I still have a ways to go before I'm that good.

maj495
05-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Like I said in my post on the "Latest Gaming Purchases" topic, I was contemplating on getting this or Kid Icarus Uprising this morning. I ended up getting Kid Icarus Uprising, but I'm gonna get Mario Tennis Open at some point this year when I can get some money. I think I'll really like this game, especially if Diddy Kong is in the game. He's one of my favorite Nintendo charatcer :)

Nightlingbolt
05-23-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm experimenting with Boo at the moment. I want to make him a Star character, but I don't know if I have to beat the first four tournaments with him or just win the Champions Cup. Oh well, only one way to find out.

the1stpkmnfan
05-23-2012, 10:57 AM
I was successful at making my Mii character a star player. And really, it's not that hard to do. Just tedious with every character if you wanna go down that route.

notmman
05-24-2012, 12:23 AM
I was thinking of getting this game, would anyone reccomend it?

Nightlingbolt
05-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Turns out just winning the Champions Cup is enough for a Star character. I don't know what winning the Final Cup again would accomplish, but I'd rather not play Black Hole Roulette again, so I'm just gonna avoid it as much as possible.

@notmman: This game is a fun time waster. With the exception of the last one, the tournaments are winnable first try if you know what openings to take. I will warn you, the Final Cup really makes you rethink Smash Chances, since if you're on the business end of one, you end up with a different style of court on your side, including a black hole court that screws up the ball's gravity. Other than that, it's fun when you're not trying to unlock something.

BroBuzz
05-24-2012, 08:54 PM
http://www.target.com/p/Mario-Tennis-Ni ... A-14029790 (http://www.target.com/p/Mario-Tennis-Nintendo-3DS/-/A-14029790)
Sooooooo tempting. If I wasn't saving up for a TV I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Wallace
05-30-2012, 06:42 PM
I prefer pong.

jdtwins2009
06-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Oh man! I'm actually really enjoying this game!! I decided to check out the coin games and the Super Mario Bros. with a tennis spin is awesome!!

[ Post made via iPad ]

16BitGeek
06-23-2012, 08:27 PM
I absolutely love this game, it's so much fun, especially when your playing online against a friend, and the Streetpass functionality is also pretty cool. It's fun playing the Mii's you got Streetpass with!

notmman
06-23-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm developing a love-hate relationship with this game.

On one hand, the graphics are beautiful to look at, the music's pretty funky, and it controls well.

BUT THE DIFFICULTY. This game, especially that stupid galaxy court with it's disappearing tiles man.