PDA

View Full Version : Community Banner

Muzy72
05-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Can we start doing community contests for the forum banner again? I really enjoyed that and felt like it got the community more involved. Plus it's kinda boring to have the same banner for the blog and forums.

LegendOfCookies
05-25-2012, 09:34 PM
I really enjoyed those.

Sadly I think the community is too dead for consistency of quality. For example we could have a great turn out or a horrible turn out. If you say everyone's banners in the banner contests are good you're lying sadly. I know I made banners before for series I don't even know about. They looked like absolute trash. What happens if only two people like me submitted? We have to put a turd on the site.

It was fun it added community participation but the community is so dead I'm worried nobody would have a sense of quality.

BroBuzz
05-25-2012, 09:39 PM
It was fun it added community participation but the community is so dead I'm worried nobody would have a sense of quality.
COUGH last marathon's medals COUGH

LegendOfCookies
05-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Hooray for blatant attacks.

the1stpkmnfan
05-25-2012, 10:00 PM
On Muzy's matter of the question; both the blog/website and the forum look completely similar in layout and colors. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's why we don't have Banner contests anymore. Of course, we did have one for Star Wars with this type of forum. Though it was still in beta mode.

I thought I heard we would have a contest for banners, but I wouldn't know what's planned.

Muzy72
05-25-2012, 11:25 PM
COUGH last marathon's medals COUGH
...People are still complaining about those? Get over it, jeez!

localretard
05-26-2012, 12:48 PM
We would love to bring it back, unfortunately there isn't a lot of competition at the moment. We're trying our best to spread the word about TSG, but as a community I feel you guys are shifting your communication away from the forums. The forums aren't dead, just sleeping until the next marathon. If you want us to do cool stuff, bring your conversations back here and bring some friends.

We will be promoting the forums hardcore this marathon, while the staff will be posting and greeting people, we'll need you guys to converse with the new comers and keep them engaged. We can only do some much without you guys.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

DrewStern
05-26-2012, 02:50 PM
That's why it would be a great idea to host another forum contest this marathon.

[ Post made via Android ]

localretard
05-26-2012, 02:58 PM
That's why it would be a great idea to host another forum contest this marathon.

[ Post made via Android ]
That doesn't make logical sense to me. Doing a contest for this marathon isn't suddenly going to spark the community's interest in the forums again. We've had plenty of other, easier, contests since the last banner competition and here we are. With that in mind, now what do you think we should do?

[ Post made via iPhone ]

zach2m1
05-29-2012, 04:47 PM
I think that we shouldn't worry about this marathon's banner nor do I think it's a question of a banner contest or some sort of contest or anything like that. Like Local said its all about holding onto our community after this marathon. I remember with the success of the last marathon that I was so excited to have the forums buzzing again but alas it didn't last for to long. I think of putting all our efforts into banner contests and stuff is to focus onto how can we keep hold onto these people. Personally I think that its just about things with community involvement. We gotta remember why we stuck around and why everyone stuck around in the first place. Its the community. Local is right, we need to bring the conversation back here instead of everything else if we want to have banner competitions. We need to get this community impassioned. But I feel that this place isn't the place to discuss said topic though. Sorry for getting off topic, just thought i'd share my two cents.