PDA

View Full Version : Who would be interested in a community TF2 night?

JasefWisener
06-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Hey y'all. For the Summer Camp that the marketing team is working on, we're considering having a night or two of TF2 for people in the community to play in while it's streamed on the TSG Present page. What we want to know, though, is if you guys are actually interested in doing that. If you could, please vote in the poll, and please put comments or reactions in a post so that we can see it.

Thanks, y'all!

mayday22
06-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Bump for great justice. (And because we need more votes.)

AlanEdgeHead
06-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Voted. TF2 may be fun to play, but it's not all that fun to watch, IMO.

untuxable
06-26-2012, 08:42 PM
More streaming games with increased community involvement? Sounds like a win to me.

Instead of having just one game going and changing out people after every round or so, maybe we could have 2 or 3 games going, and the person actually streaming the footage just jump from one game to another. That way, we get to play together for the entire time block, not just a game or two spread out over a few hours.

ArtenXevious
06-26-2012, 08:47 PM
I agree that it isn't that fun to watch, but isn't part of a Community Game Night thing, y'know...playing with the community? That alone is supes awesome.
Unless I'm missing the whole point. <~<
Besides, if you don't get into the current match you can watch [Insert Streamer Here] fail until the next match. I think it'll be fun.
Ooh! We could have makeshift teams! Team Derpskichan ALL THE WAY

JasefWisener
06-26-2012, 08:48 PM
More streaming games with increased community involvement? Sounds like a win to me.

This is kind of what we're going for.

AnythingButAwesome
06-26-2012, 08:59 PM
You really don't have to have people come to have a TF2 night. I'm in charge of the University of Alabama PC gaming club events and scheduling and usually 1 or 2 people attend, but we still have fun kinda. Lots of time it just ends in chatting on group chat for an hour.

JasefWisener
06-26-2012, 09:04 PM
You really don't have to have people come to have a TF2 night. I'm in charge of the University of Alabama PC gaming club events and scheduling and usually 1 or 2 people attend, but we still have fun kinda. Lots of time it just ends in chatting on group chat for an hour.

I think the biggest thing would be that we would be streaming it on the TSG Present page, so the viewers might not want to watch if there are only like 3 people playing.

On an unrelated note, I've got some friends that go to UA. I'm at Auburn right now myself.

acedogge
06-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Spy: "Oh dear I've made quite a mess."
Heavy: "SO MUCH BLOOD!"
Medic!:"Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
Soldier: "Outstanding!"
Saxton Hale: There, there have an eagle."

I approve of this :D :D :thumbs: :D :D

the1stpkmnfan
06-26-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm all for a community night and to get friends and members together, but I wouldn't be able to play on nights that feature TF2 or any other game I don't own. :P

AnythingButAwesome
06-26-2012, 09:56 PM
I think the biggest thing would be that we would be streaming it on the TSG Present page, so the viewers might not want to watch if there are only like 3 people playing.

On an unrelated note, I've got some friends that go to UA. I'm at Auburn right now myself.
I just got the position for the club, but I think I'm going to keep it. To elaborate we've only had 2 TF2 nights since I started, but I've also done TF2 nights with the other group I administrate and they happened about the same. I'd like to organize maybe some sort of cross-university game nights on Steam but that may be pushing the limits of what people are willing to go out of their way to do, or schedule at least.

EDIT: Sorry for the off topic. :P Just wanted to elaborate so my story would check out.

torimori
06-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Heck yes. Love TF2 and so ready for this.

deadbrain
06-26-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm all for a community night and to get friends and members together, but I wouldn't be able to play on nights that feature TF2 or any other game I don't own. :P

I am fairly certain you can get steam for free, and then TF2 for free, on steam, pkmnfan.

I'm all for this event. I just hope it's not on night I have rehearsal, or else I won't be able to join in at all. =s

ShayMay
06-27-2012, 08:29 AM
I'd need to check what the ping would be like (I tend to have it pretty high for American servers), but I would be so up for this. :D

Mplay213
06-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Yes yes yes!
I was sad when Projekt stopped doing TF2 nights on TSG present.

Magichands
06-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Never played the game, but if this started I'd probably end up joining you eventually.

gendarmeofficer
06-27-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm all for it. It sounds like fun. Question though, if this is something we end up doing, would voice chat be something required? Not that it's a deal breaker for me, I'm just curious.

the1stpkmnfan
06-27-2012, 10:22 PM

I am fairly certain you can get steam for free, and then TF2 for free, on steam, pkmnfan.

I'm all for this event. I just hope it's not on night I have rehearsal, or else I won't be able to join in at all. =s

As that is true, I'm just not a huge player of TF2 or shooting games. Nonetheless, I'm not trying to shoot down the idea of bring back Community Nights. Those were fun back in the day, and I would love for the new members to experience those as well.

90HeroMAXD
06-27-2012, 11:07 PM
I've been neglecting this community for quite a while. I am trying to get back into this community so why not just have some fun with the members.

In short: Yes I am interested.

zach2m1
06-28-2012, 01:26 PM
I would LOVE to have a TF2 Community Game night. Hopefully if things go as planned this weekend I will be getting a new graphics card, considering my current one overheats after 20 minutes of gameplay :|