PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIV

lionheart91
08-19-2012, 03:06 PM
So I noticed that there was no thread for this game and I was like WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. There's probably one in the Link to the Past section, but since i'm too lazy to check and XIV talk has started coming up in other threads for seemingly no reason (i'm looking at you FFVII back on PC) I just decided to start a new one.

Anyway, you guys should at least try this game. It's really not as bad as people would have you believe. I'll admit I was skeptical at first after seeing all the terrible reviews, but i'm glad I decided to take a chance on it. I didn't start it until recently so I can't say from experience, but from what i've heard it's improved drastically since it's embarassing release. I actually find it quite fun and addicting, like any good MMO should be. And to top it all off it runs on Crystal Tools. CRYSTAL TOOLZ. The greatest engine ever created for a video game. EVAR. Just ask Oculin, I know he'd agree with me.

So with the release of 2.0 (and the PS3 port) looming and many changes (and hopefully improvements) on the horizon, is anyone planning to give this game a shot? Who is man (or woman) enough to join the revolution and aid me and Oculin in our quest to take over FFXIV????

Alveia
08-19-2012, 07:21 PM
I did try it when it was F2P, it was awful. Worse than FFXI. Terrible responsiveness, laggy menus, unbelievably terrible battle system which ties into the terrible responsiveness, boring, copy-pasted world, you can't jump, the "levequests" were even more boring than usual MMO fare, not friendly to newbies, I'm probably missing some things, but those are what I remember off the top of my head.

Baltes
08-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Alveia what are your computer specs?

i'm probably buying this soon

Oculin
08-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Alveia what are your computer specs?

i'm probably buying this soon

I'm running it on minimum. To put it simply, the game still is buggy and slow. As Mike said, CRYSTAL TOOLS IS CLEARLY THE GREATEST ENGINE OF ALL TIME, SO GREAT IT CRASHES FOR NO REASON NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOUR COMPUTER IS.

So yeah, if you join now you still are going to be putting up with some crap. Copy-pasta world. Responsiveness, while not perfect, is at least at a playable level these days. That and a lot of content will be modified/removed once 2.0 rolls around, especially story quests that are explaining the change between 1.0 and 2.0. Although, for some that's an incentive to get in and get all the current content done ASAP.

If you want the game to be in tip-top shape, or as tip-top as an MMO can be, might want to wait till a couple months after 2.0, so all the bugs and stuff get ironed out. That being said, I don't think you'd be terribly disappointed joining today, just don't expect the perfect MMO experience.

I did try it when it was F2P, it was awful. Worse than FFXI. Terrible responsiveness, laggy menus, unbelievably terrible battle system which ties into the terrible responsiveness, boring, copy-pasted world, you can't jump, the "levequests" were even more boring than usual MMO fare, not friendly to newbies, I'm probably missing some things, but those are what I remember off the top of my head.
Welcome to 1.0.

Although I'd argue wtih you that I find the battle system to be fairly intresting. I thought the stamina management in XIV was pretty awesome, minus having to manually do regular attacks. But the good parts of it survive in the current TP system.

lionheart91
08-19-2012, 08:01 PM

From what i've been told, the battle system has been changed from what it was like initially. Like Oculin said, you had to manually attack, while now you just target an enemy and it auto-attacks. For the most part I haven't had any problems with unresponsive controls or laggy menus, and while the game certainly doesn't hold your hand, according to Oculin it is a lot friendlier to new players than XI was. A lot of the technical problems are due to the Crystal Tools engine, which is being replaced in 2.0, so we will have to wait and see how that goes but it supposedly will fix most of these problems.

And in regards to jumping, was that in XI? Because I don't really know of any MMO that lets you do that...

Oculin
08-19-2012, 08:19 PM
And in regards to jumping, was that in XI? Because I don't really know of any MMO that lets you do that...
Nah, but most MMOs have it.

I personally don't like jumping. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was like a realistic jump. Link's jumping in 3D Zelda games come to mind, but it wouldn't be very useful in a non-linear world. It just looks awkward imo when you have realistic characters jumping really high to me.

Although I have to admit, seeing the chocobo's flutter their wings as they jump in 2.0 is cute lol.

From the other thread

yeah from what I played of XIV in beta, it wasn't XI HD, it was character models and city-state concepts from XI was it
yeah that seemed really lazy, but there's more to the game than just than

I found the city states to be a little boring imo. imsa and Uldah feel all too similar to me. Gridania is definitely an improvement over Windurst though. Gridania is my favorite town, but I hate everything else about The Black Shroud region. What a horrible starting area.

lionheart91
08-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Do they really? I did not know that. I guess I need to play more MMOs.

Also I just remembered, and I know this isn't what you meant Alveia, but there is a skill for Dragoons called Jump.

Baltes
08-19-2012, 08:28 PM
FFFFfffffffff
tried to buy it, I should have bought it a week ago, Square-Enix and Amazon have both delisted their digital download versions

HELP!!!

Oculin
08-19-2012, 08:29 PM
ALso, more concept art/screens of 2.0 from Gamescom if anyone is intrested:

http://gamerescape.com/2012/08/15/new-c ... -gamescom/ (http://gamerescape.com/2012/08/15/new-concept-art-and-screenshots-from-gamescom/)

Also, Shakey Cam footage:
SKIP to 10:10
[ytube:zauqpiv3]Pwenut2xit8[/ytube:zauqpiv3]

Do they really? I did not know that. I guess I need to play more MMOs.

Also I just remembered, and I know this isn't what you meant Alveia, but there is a skill for Dragoons called Jump.

Yeah, last we heard the dev team was a bit split on whether or not jumping should do play a part in gameplay or if it should just be there to satisfy the crowd of people whining for it lol. But it's been awhile, so I'm guessing they've already made that decision. Or at least I hope they have lol.

FFFFfffffffff
tried to buy it, I should have bought it a week ago, Square-Enix and Amazon have both delisted their digital download versions

HELP!!!
You can buy a physical copy~! lol

Baltes
08-19-2012, 08:30 PM
i want to play it NOW!

Oculin
08-19-2012, 08:33 PM
i want to play it NOW!
lol. If you figure out a way to get online, me and Mike are on the Aegis server.

lionheart91
08-19-2012, 08:39 PM
i want to play it NOW!

Get it off Amazon and choose one-day shipping.

wee187
08-19-2012, 11:33 PM
All I know is Naoki Yoshida is currently my hero at SE. So I have a lot of trust that he's gonna make 2.0 awesome.

Oculin
08-20-2012, 12:18 AM
All I know is Naoki Yoshida is currently my hero at SE. So I have a lot of trust that he's gonna make 2.0 awesome.

lol He's definitely done a spectacular job considering what he's done with the original game. So I trust 2.0 will turn out pretty good as well.

i want to play it NOW!

Get it off Amazon and choose one-day shipping.
That's not now. That's one day from now.

Alveia
08-20-2012, 12:52 AM
My computer specs have nothing to do with the terrible engine they used to design the game, Baltes. And my rig is a beast.

Jumping is relevant because it adds so much more to the game in terms of exploration and challenge. You can have boss fights that make you jump over things, you can have platforming, climbing, and most importantly, the notorious knee-high hill from FFXI that you can't get over because you cannot jump, which is incredibly stupid.

I will give 2.0 a chance before judging it, but the original was a terrible game.

Baltes
08-20-2012, 12:55 AM
specs have lots to do with it, it doesn't matter how inefficient it is, you can eventually run it
an 8 core cpu, 16gb ram, and a power graphics card are enough
it was just a question anyways

Alveia
08-20-2012, 01:42 AM
I have all of those and an SSD. It's the game.

lionheart91
08-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Hey Oculin, I asked this in the LS and got a bunch of different answers so maybe you can clear this up for me. How long do you have to have been with XIV to be considered a legacy player and get the subscription fee discount once 2.0 launches?

Oculin
08-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Hey Oculin, I asked this in the LS and got a bunch of different answers so maybe you can clear this up for me. How long do you have to have been with XIV to be considered a legacy player and get the subscription fee discount once 2.0 launches?
You have to have paid at least paid for 3 months of the game in its current form. That doesn't include free trial. Iirc, the last day for Legacy was June 31st. But I haven't checked to confirm that.

lionheart91
09-01-2012, 11:31 PM
OMGOMGOMG NEW GAMEPLAY TRAILER LOOKS AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE

[ytube:2hzkaoxm]bxJt3UOBhU8[/ytube:2hzkaoxm]

And also a gameplay demo:

[ytube:2hzkaoxm]KIOq-2T5V5A[/ytube:2hzkaoxm]

Looks like we're getting new weapon skills, new weapon skill animations, new enemies, new classes and jobs, level syncing, and LIMIT BREAKS! 2.0 is going to be amazing...

Futondean
09-02-2012, 06:16 PM
I have to admit that the new Final Fantasy XIV is looking pretty sweet.

lionheart91
09-10-2012, 04:08 PM
WOOOOOOOOT Just hit level 50!

zion777
09-10-2012, 09:50 PM
I haven't played since I was in the beta (which was a nightmare no matter how many hours I tried to love it). I hope greatly 2.0 makes it a great game, I quite enjoyed XI and want to enjoy this game as well.

@Batles: Ever find a copy? If so let me know where you found one at.

lionheart91
09-11-2012, 12:52 AM
You can still find physical copies of XIV on Amazon, although the price seems to have gone up from when I bought it. Oddly enough though, you can get the Collector's Edition cheaper than the Standard Edition.

Alveia
09-13-2012, 10:44 AM
So I will fully admit, the demo video impressed me.

Oculin
09-30-2012, 02:08 AM
Btw, there was a new trailer at Tokyo Game Show, but imo kind of a boring one lol. I respect anyone who is able to make a trailer out of MMO gameplay though. It must be really tough.

[ytube:36zvkyi2]U8bN6puTqO0[/ytube:36zvkyi2]

Oculin
11-11-2012, 02:38 AM
[ytube:3f11oexv]39j5v8jlndM[/ytube:3f11oexv]

IT'S ALL OVER NOW, RIGHT NOW

I KNOW YOU HATE IT BUT IT'S ALL OVER NOW.

Baltes
11-11-2012, 06:09 AM
TALK TO ME OCULIN!!

DNAbro
11-11-2012, 07:50 AM
wow. that trailer was awesome.

lionheart91
11-11-2012, 01:45 PM
R.I.P Final Fantasy XIV 1.0. But bring on 2.0!!!

That trailer was insane. Can't wait for 2.0 to launch. I wonder if that dragon is going to be like, the main boss of the game.

Oculin
11-11-2012, 02:08 PM
R.I.P Final Fantasy XIV 1.0. But bring on 2.0!!!

That trailer was insane. Can't wait for 2.0 to launch. I wonder if that dragon is going to be like, the main boss of the game.

Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers that I get into alpha. They said they plan on starting world wide alpha November 26th, assuming things continue to go smoothly with Japan.

TALK TO ME OCULIN!!

Wuch u want boi?

Also, other videos if anyone has been missing them:

[ytube:1truv7xq]AQb_t5zkfoY[/ytube:1truv7xq]

*Note for the character creation video, currently they just have the normal hairstyles in Alpha. They're hoping to implement more in Beta, but said they're still working on their animations.
[ytube:1truv7xq]H_EPX_-zHFA[/ytube:1truv7xq]

Wallace
11-11-2012, 04:20 PM
[ytube:3rwqx2xo]39j5v8jlndM[/ytube:3rwqx2xo]

IT'S ALL OVER NOW, RIGHT NOW

I KNOW YOU HATE IT BUT IT'S ALL OVER NOW.

That is the crappiest Halo 4 trailer ever!

Seriously tho, that is one freaking amazing Trailer for FFXIV, now I want to play it!

Baltes
11-11-2012, 05:14 PM
just watched it.
very emotional
trying not to cry over a trailer in front of the wife

jdtwins2009
11-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Holy crap that was a kick ass trailer.

Oculin
11-13-2012, 04:14 AM
Btw, rumor is a June 2013 release. Team is apparently 2 months behind schedule.

If true, that's a REALLY long time for the game to be down lol. With a Late Jan/Early feb Beta peroid, doesn't sounds too entirely far fetched. Maybe a couple months earlier though would make more sense.

That being said, nothing is confirmed yet, so.

I signed up for Alpha, so crossing my fingers I get in.

Wallace
11-13-2012, 10:04 AM
I tried to sign up for the Alpha, but they were like "NO! you are not in our club of elite awesomeness because you don't have an active FFXIV account NOW GO PLAY WOW YOU NOOB!"

Then I cried..

Oculin
11-13-2012, 10:44 AM
I tried to sign up for the Alpha, but they were like "NO! you are not in our club of elite awesomeness because you don't have an active FFXIV account NOW GO PLAY WOW YOU NOOB!"

Then I cried..

Yeah, I think Alpha is all old XIV players. Beta I think is when they'll start opening up outside of that.

caramelslice
11-14-2012, 01:42 PM
I had to give the trailer a look after a couple of my friends were posting it all over facebook. What a trailer ._. Drove me to check out the requirements for being an Alpha tester, but like Wallace, I'm not part of the FFXIV veterans club :(

If you say the Beta testing will be open to non FFXIV vets, I might consider...since Blade & Soul still has no solid western release :lol:

lionheart91
11-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Yeah Alpha was only available to current XIV players, and even then you still had to apply to get in.

Speaking of, when do you find out if you got into the Alpha Oculin?

Oculin
11-15-2012, 02:31 AM
Yeah Alpha was only available to current XIV players, and even then you still had to apply to get in.

Speaking of, when do you find out if you got into the Alpha Oculin?
Think the first round of global emails should be soon. Iirc, they did a letter from the producer for the JP one.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com should have some sort of notification posted.

Oculin
11-22-2012, 01:42 AM
[ytube:20mq4ji4]asqskpLYwrI[/ytube:20mq4ji4]

If you didn't play XIV 1.0, you don't know how much of an improvement this was over the original Black Shroud.

Please see original map:

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww19 ... rmrk11.jpg (http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww198/Khalus_Akuhei/FFXIV%20Maps/The-Black-Shroudwtrmrk11.jpg)

Can't think of a worse starting area lol.

lionheart91
11-22-2012, 04:26 AM
^ Wow, that looks ridiculously better than the original Shroud. I can't wait to see what the other areas will look like.

thewowgamer
11-22-2012, 11:16 AM
it is truly turning into a WoW clone but i will play a WoW clone with final fantasy over any of the other WoW clones out there.

Oculin
11-22-2012, 07:12 PM
it is truly turning into a WoW clone but i will play a WoW clone with final fantasy over any of the other WoW clones out there.
Idk about 2.0, but everyone complained about 1.0 being a WoW-clone prelaunch as well, until they started it up and realized it wasn't at all, but at the same time was also terrible lol.

lionheart91
11-22-2012, 11:23 PM
I only played a little bit of WoW a few years ago, but from what I can recall, FFXIV 1.0 didn't remind me of it at all. We will have to wait and see for 2.0, but I don't really see it in that video at least.

Oculin
11-23-2012, 02:08 AM
I think the one big thing that reminds me of other MMOs in 2.0 is that lock-on camera, which I actually am not a fan of. I prefer XI and XIV's more, I guess you'd call it dynamic camera? Basicaly where if you run left, the game would have the character turn left and run that direction as the camera slowly moved itself back centered behind the character.

In the more standard MMO camera, it locks onto the back of a character's head and the directional buttons are locked to the player's actual movement, sort of like a shooter. So pressing left will casue the player to side step left, kind of thing. Also makes characters like pivot in place when they look around. So I really hope there's an option to unlock that.

Oculin
11-28-2012, 02:51 AM
Alpha invites were sent out btw. My friend got in.

EDIT:
Haven't talked to him in depth, but the short of what he told me was "I am impressed" from the few hours he played.

lionheart91
11-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey Oculin, are the servers supposed to be up still? I logged on today just to see if I could, and to my surprise it actually let me. I just ran around for a few minutes and then logged off, but it was pretty weird. There was not a single person other than me on there.

Shikumozikuto
11-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I heard the servers are going to be down for a while they're working on the game so you probably won't be able to play got at least a couple months.

Oculin
11-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Hey Oculin, are the servers supposed to be up still? I logged on today just to see if I could, and to my surprise it actually let me. I just ran around for a few minutes and then logged off, but it was pretty weird. There was not a single person other than me on there.
Yeah, 1.0 servers were put back up but, based on your experience, they won't be up very long. They said they'd keep the 1.0 servers up as long as 30% of the population continued to play it. Nothing is saved still, hence the lack of enthusiasm for people to play lol.

Pretty much a glorified chat room atm, that crashes every 5 minutes.

I heard the servers are going to be down for a while they're working on the game so you probably won't be able to play got at least a couple months.

A little longer than a couple months. Currently rumors peg the game to be mid 2013. Beta, iirc, is scheduled to start Late feb/ early march.

Apparently they're about 2 and a half months behind because they weren't happy with where the Alpha was at when they originally were planning to start alpha testing. So they instead took the time to fix it up.

We should be getting an updated timeline soon that will show us where they're currently at in their schedule.

Oculin
12-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Gameplay featuring the alpha dungeon

[ytube:3oa9isxw]V97dmN8XgUw[/ytube:3oa9isxw]

lionheart91
12-29-2012, 11:44 AM
That looks awesome. Loving the new look. Can't wait for 2.0!!!

zion777
01-01-2013, 10:18 PM
So is 2.0 basically a different game? I haven't followed XIV at all ever since I was in the original beta.

thewowgamer
01-01-2013, 10:30 PM
So is 2.0 basically a different game? I haven't followed XIV at all ever since I was in the original beta.
the realm reborn is essentially a WoW clone but i might play wow with ff characters if the game is good, at least finish the game before you release it, and no restricted leveling. That was probably the dumbest move in the history of mmos.

zion777
01-02-2013, 03:30 PM
the realm reborn is essentially a WoW clone but i might play wow with ff characters if the game is good, at least finish the game before you release it, and no restricted leveling. That was probably the dumbest move in the history of mmos.

A WoW clone in the FF universe sounds pretty awesome to me lol

lionheart91
01-02-2013, 07:33 PM
^ To give you an answer that doesn't sound like a complete fanboy bashing, 2.0 or A Realm Reborn is a massive overhaul of the previous version of Final Fantasy XIV (1.0). I guess it's basically like a huge patch that's going to bring A LOT of changes, including a whole new game engine.

Oculin
02-28-2013, 12:36 AM
No, get this thread back on first page.

These are a little old now, but with Beta up, there have been a few new things.

Tour of Eorzea, showing off the changed world and the PS3 version (which is 75% optimized).
[ytube:fzlngf9e]KW6fL5X1fM4[/ytube:fzlngf9e]

PS3 version, I think in general is just going to run choppy and bad. Sounds like it's been more just system limitations than anything. They keep bringing up the platform's lack of memory. They said they're open to porting to next gen systems. No mention of Wii U yet. PS4 seems most likely. 720, SE said talks with MS kind of failed with XIV before, so dunno if it will change for A Realm Reborn.

Gamepad controls, which even if you don't care, still shows off some additional footage.
[ytube:fzlngf9e]0J7kO8BTZDU[/ytube:fzlngf9e]

And the first Realm Reborn Benchmark
Here's the promo video they put out for it,
[ytube:fzlngf9e]I38WppE345o[/ytube:fzlngf9e]
But you can download and run the actual benchmark here:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

Muzy72
02-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Wouldn't mind getting it on Wii U. That 2GB of RAM should allow it to run smoothly on the system. Besides, it already has DQX, why not add another MMO lol

[ Post made via Android ]

Oculin
03-01-2013, 01:44 AM
Wouldn't mind getting it on Wii U. That 2GB of RAM should allow it to run smoothly on the system. Besides, it already has DQX, why not add another MMO lol

Because DQX and FFXIV are both SE lol. They'd be products competing against themselves.

I wouldn't mind a Wii U version though. Being able to play via gamepad would be pretty neat, but I'm a keyboard kind of guy when it comes to MMOs.

lionheart91
03-31-2013, 08:14 PM
So apparently the beta testing is about to begin, and SE is looking for testers. For anyone who is interested:

https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/s/r ... 5ce22b09c2 (https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/s/run?sq=6760dc412bba91661085c2aca266a2d8206c2a652c2 41bef4c66a20681cde266ae46821c59628b51c1209565d2104 6a18d622b51c51a9566155ce22b09c2)

Baltes
04-03-2013, 06:47 AM
you mean phase 2 is about to begin i'm already in and I've got a spare beta key sitting here at my desk

lionheart91
06-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Lost amongst all the other SE news coming out of E3, there was a new trailer for FFXIV 2.0. It's pretty awesome if you ask me:

[ytube:3szqmi24]WNj4jOyUoNw[/ytube:3szqmi24]

Only 2 more months!

Also, me and Oculin may be looking to create a linkshell once the game comes back around, so if you're planning to pick up the game and are interested in joining, let me know so we can work out what server we'll be on and all the other details.

Oculin
06-16-2013, 02:06 PM
We'll be on Balmung for official release for anyone who is interested.

Baltes
06-16-2013, 04:34 PM
hey Oculin, since NDA is lifted, what server are you in for beta?

Oculin
06-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Just a note, I'll actually be headed to Sargatanas for final release.
Apparently Balmung was crowded, so I'm shifting gears to make sure everyone I'm trying to herd onto one server can actualy join.

hey Oculin, since NDA is lifted, what server are you in for beta?
1.0 character is on Aegis for beta
I have one from the last beta test on Ultros as well.

thebrbninja
07-03-2013, 01:18 AM
I plan on playing with a few friends but we haven't decided on a server yet. during the beta i've been playing on Adamantoise.

SilverMoon9000
07-03-2013, 03:11 PM
I've been playing on the Gilgamesh server.

LashL
07-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Oh me and my friend would be interested in playing on launch with you guys. ^^

MalkanorBek
07-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Never though I'd play this game, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to preorder this game on the PS3 shortly from Amazon. Right now, it's 40 dollars with a 10 dollar Amazon gift card for preordering.

thebrbninja
07-04-2013, 11:47 AM
do it! :)

Wazuki
07-04-2013, 09:22 PM
so do we have a final server we going to use? i dont want to transfer my character to a realm just to hear we not playing on the realm. considering i have max level conjurer and thaumaturge with a crap ton of money.( yea i kinda went hard for first 2 months of the game before i quit it ......)

thebrbninja
07-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Nice Wazuki! I never picked up the game after the original beta bc there was no hardware mouse (the software mouse was so slow and clunky i just couldn't do it lol) but i've been playing in the beta for a while now and i'm loving the game. I talked to my friends and they are pretty much down for joining any server. I'd love to play on whichever server the TSG community rolls with :)

Kairamek
07-09-2013, 10:32 PM
got a name for the guild/linkshell yet? seems everyone is gonna be a catgirl so a theme presents itself.

SilverMoon9000
07-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Here's my current Character. http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lode ... r/2237354/ (http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2237354/)

lionheart91
07-10-2013, 08:28 AM
We're going to be on Balmung when the game is re-released. No name for the Link-shell yet.

thebrbninja
07-11-2013, 06:34 AM
Looks like legacy players have till the 15th to apply for server transfer.
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

Kairamek
07-12-2013, 11:09 PM
It should probably be noted that Link Shells are basically chat channels. Apparently guilds are called "Free Companies"

thebrbninja
07-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Yeah good thought to mention that Kairamek. Link Shells will be server based so no crossworld chat either.

Kairamek
07-14-2013, 02:38 PM
so do we have a final server we going to use? i dont want to transfer my character to a realm just to hear we not playing on the realm. considering i have max level conjurer and thaumaturge with a crap ton of money.( yea i kinda went hard for first 2 months of the game before i quit it ......)
I've heard Balmung, I've heard Sagetares (forgive the spellings, I'm on my phone and can't easily chec) and last I heard "We're following Wazuki." So I guess it's up to you. Transfer deadline is soon or just past or something, so where did you land?

Baltes
07-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Sargatanas is where Oculin is trying to herd us and i'm down for that
Sargatanas it is

Kairamek
07-14-2013, 07:24 PM
"Sargatanas is a reoccurring weapon, usually a double sided sword or duel blades, originally introduced in FF9." I love, let's do this.

Wazuki
07-14-2013, 11:23 PM
i put in my transfer look forward to playing with all of you :)

Kairamek
07-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Anyone decided on their role yet? I'm leaning towards healer. Wazuki is the only other person I've heard expess interest in healing.

lionheart91
07-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Correct, we are going to be on the Sargatanas server when 2.0 officially launches. I missed Oculin's post saying that before I posted my last post.

As for roles, I already had a Level 50 Paladin and Level 50 Dragoon. I'm probably going to look into Conjurer/White Mage for my next job.

thebrbninja
07-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Sargatanas it is! I plan on going Dragoon first but i'll eventually get around to covering all the roles if not every single job XD

edit: My friends that will most likely be coming with me plan on playing a tank and a healer

Kairamek
07-16-2013, 10:37 PM
The only thing that gives me pause about healing is I can't find an auto-self cast toggle. I usually heal by clicking the spell then the target, never having a player targeted. I can't tell if I have to select the player first in group.

Baltes
07-17-2013, 09:43 AM
i love how i'm helping organize everyone together for a doomed game I'm probably not going to even buy lol

SilverMoon9000
07-17-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm probably going to continue being a Thaumaterge. My friend is looking at being a Gladiator, he was Marauder during the beta, but he really wants to be a Paladin.

Wazuki
07-17-2013, 10:08 PM
i have max lvl conjurer and thaumaturge but for ff xiv arr i do plan on being summoner

Kairamek
07-17-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm gonna dink around with arcanist if it's in phase 4 beta.

Muzy72
07-18-2013, 01:46 AM
I think I'm gonna get A Realm Reborn on PS4. Looks really good, plus I'll need something to play on it :P. Does anyone know if its a launch title, considering its coming on PS3 in August.

thebrbninja
07-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Doomed game? Balthes you're crazy :P

SilverMoon9000
07-25-2013, 08:08 PM
I told one of my friends I'd be switching servers, so that he could join me. Can't wait for this.

thewowgamer
07-25-2013, 08:32 PM
i enjoyed the beta for ARR, still not on board yet since i really don't want to play another sub based mmo post WoW.

Kairamek
08-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Wazuki, get in touch with GamerCthulu please. He has a group of people planning to play FF14 also. They picked a different server, but it's negociable. We talked briefly about combining his group with ours to start a larger guild than either group could manage alone.

Baltes
08-11-2013, 05:53 AM
i think everyone should go where they think they're long term playing friends will be, just sayin

Kairamek
08-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Since the game isn't out yet it has not been fully determined where longterm friends are going. I brought this up because Cthulu was interested in getting his Monster Hunter crew and our TSG crew on the same server. Neither group is looking too like to have end game groups, but together we might.

Kairamek
08-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Double Post for Unrelated Content.

The Open Beta timeline has been published. For people who were in an earlier phase or played the original game, it opens up this Friday at 2 a.m. Pacific (4 a.m. Central for those of us who offset form TSG standard time). For everyone else it opens up on Saturday at 2 a.m Pacific, 4 a.m. Central.

Our chosen server of Sargatanas is listed as a LEGACY realm, I don't know what that means. But it will be available. Per Square unless there is a critical or game breaking bug all character progress and data will transfer over to the early access and full release of the game. This is basically a last minute stress test before launch. As such, it would not be a bad idea to create the character you intend to play during this beta.

Side note for New Media producers, streaming and loading videos is still prohibited during Phase 4 and the early access period. Square has officially stated in the beta forums that you may not upload or share videos or stream the game until the official launch. Screenshots are presumed to still be allowed.

The post says that the client used for Phase 4 can be used for the full release of the game. I have yet to see an option to download the Phase 4 client or if it is even the same one used in earlier beta phases. I suspect not as my launcher is completely failing. It used to open with important links for beta testers even between testing periods. I'll, or anyone who cares to, will be updating as we learn more.

Edit: That was fast. I checked the old post for loading the client, says the original beta client can be used for Phase 4, early access, and official release. I suspect that eventually the beta launcher client will be updated to match the release client without any hard work on the players.

SilverMoon9000
08-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Ok, my name is Silver Moon in-game.

Kairamek
08-17-2013, 01:27 AM
I settled on Kairamek Solace

Naafeih
08-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Finally got a Beta invite and they give me the PS3 version. I think that's karma for all the jokes I made about PS2 players back in the FFXI days.

I'm just curious what Sargatanas is like. Apparently Legacy server means it has people who played FFXIV 1.0.

I'm going to mess around this weekend and see what I like but I'll join ya'll wherever you are.

lionheart91
08-17-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm Clayn Lionheart in-game. Feel free to add me as a friend.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

SilverMoon9000
08-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I tried to add Kairamek Solace and Clayn Lionheart but it said Cannot Locate a character with that name.

lionheart91
08-17-2013, 04:56 PM
You are on Sargatanas right? Maybe it's because we aren't online at the moment?

[ Post made via iPhone ]

SilverMoon9000
08-17-2013, 07:06 PM
I am on Sargatanas. I had the same thought, though.

SilverMoon9000
08-18-2013, 08:21 AM
That appears to be the case. I was able to add Kiaramek

Naafeih
08-18-2013, 09:08 AM
I keep getting an error message telling me I'm still logged in so I can't get on my character. There's a thread somewhere on their forums about it but the forums are so congested they won't even load.

I can't even create a new character on NA/EU servers. So if anyone has that problem, you can create a new character on the Japanese servers if you just want to play.

Kairamek
08-18-2013, 09:26 AM
That appears to be the case. I was able to add Kiaramek
That's a little worry some. I was getting a "you are logged on" error last night and now you found me when I've been logged off since 10:50 central.

SilverMoon9000
08-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Yea, it said you were on in Gridania. That is troublesome.

TheSpeedGamers
08-18-2013, 11:05 PM
I'm having trouble dling because of how FF has there dl system set up. Time Warner keeps throttling my internet and the downloader restarts when it loses internet connection. I keep getting about 10% of the way through and then it restarts. If my job situation turns out the way I hope it does, I'll be joining ya'll in mid Sept.

Naafeih
08-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Testing has been extended for NA/EU servers, I assume because of the errors this weekend.

Edit: Ok. NOW it's over.

Naafeih
08-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Anyone going to stream it this weekend?

Are you allowed to stream starting tomorrow or not til Tuesday?

SilverMoon9000
08-23-2013, 01:57 PM
I won't be able to start EA until Sunday night. I'm attending an anime/video game convention. I also may not get my game till sept 3 or later, according to amazon.

Naafeih
08-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Damn, that's unfortunate. There's no way to get your early access code and use a digital download til you get it in the mail?

Also, NDA is not lifted til full release so looks like no streaming til then.

Kairamek
08-23-2013, 11:32 PM
I'd risk it were I not streaming for the TSG channel.

Baltes
08-24-2013, 03:28 PM
is your own channel broken? i want to watch dangit!

Kairamek
08-24-2013, 11:42 PM
When it officially launches I will stream it so hard!

SilverMoon9000
08-25-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm able to play early access until the 29th. After that I'll have to wait till my game arrives.

Kairamek
08-26-2013, 04:08 PM
NDA lifted!

Naafeih
08-26-2013, 06:49 PM
You going to stream? Well, assuming you can get on.

I didn't even know it went live. I've been logged in all day. Was expecting to get disconnected when it started.

Edit: I'll do it if people are interested. Just a warning, my set up sucks.

Kairamek
08-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Eventually. Maybe Wed or Thursday. Tuesday is already taken and Monday I watch a show.

SilverMoon9000
08-27-2013, 02:53 AM
I can't wait to see. I might be on at the time.

SilverMoon9000
08-28-2013, 11:26 PM
Anyone know a good Free Company?

Kairamek
08-29-2013, 03:47 PM
I will hopefully have my mount by Saturday's stream. The viewers requested FF14 for my regular show this weekend. Any requests on what to see/do?

SilverMoon9000
08-29-2013, 06:32 PM
The Ifrit battle might be worth showing.

Oculin
08-31-2013, 03:09 AM
WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING IN MY THREAD? I was off on vacation and you all moved in.GETOUT,IDUNWANNASEEUAGAIN.

Feel free to add me. I'm Talin Oculin on Sargatanas.

I didn't make a TSG shell or anything, so if anyone wants to or already has, I'd love to join.

SilverMoon9000
08-31-2013, 06:28 AM
I should have my copy delivered by Tuesday. Amazon finally decided to ship my copy, after 4 days of saying Now Shipping.

Kairamek
08-31-2013, 11:45 AM
WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING IN MY THREAD? I was off on vacation and you all moved in.GETOUT,IDUNWANNASEEUAGAIN.

I didn't make a TSG shell or anything, so if anyone wants to or already has, I'd love to join.

We have a TSG linkshell. It doesn't look like we're going to make a TSG Free Company, but rather join companies on our own or join one en masse. The Linkshell covers our desire for easy communications with other TSG members.

I am being one of those jerks who never logs out, so you can almost always find me online to send a friend request. I'll do a Linkshell invite when you're online. The name is Kairamek Solace.

Oculin
08-31-2013, 01:49 PM

We have a TSG linkshell. It doesn't look like we're going to make a TSG Free Company, but rather join companies on our own or join one en masse. The Linkshell covers our desire for easy communications with other TSG members.

I am being one of those * who never logs out, so you can almost always find me online to send a friend request. I'll do a Linkshell invite when you're online. The name is Kairamek Solace.

Neat, I'm working and schooling so I don't know when I'll be on again. I'll probably try to jump on Sunday, even though I should be focusing on school work.

SilverMoon9000
08-31-2013, 03:52 PM
My Copy arrived today! Woo hoo. Now I don't have to wait.

rudy06
12-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Reviving an older topic here, but I just wanted to see if anyone here at TSG is playing and if they were what server? I just picked up the game on sale to try it out and see it goes. The recent editor comments at RPGFan made me want to give it a go. =D

Futondean
12-22-2013, 05:33 PM
I have to renew my subscription, but I play on the Exodus server.

Baltes
12-24-2013, 05:11 PM
i'm still playing, i'm on Sargatanas

SilverMoon9000
12-29-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm Still playing, as well. Sargatanas