PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

Celebeast
09-21-2012, 05:23 AM
http://17f0418678386b4e6860-e4f9fcd924b589d19bf6ccc2802ea9aa.r66.cf1.rackcdn.c om/2282404e14536d4013fa4ebbc373efcd3a62ec1f.jpg__620x 435_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

It looks like Square-Enix has gone and thrown the Kingdom Hearts series into the misty world of HD remakes, as they announce the upcoming release of Kindgom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (catchy title much?) for the PS3, which will be a full HD remake of both Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories, with HD remakes of the CUTSCENES only of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/kingdom-hearts-hd-collection-announced-ps3/

Question:

What do you think? Is this a welcome addition to the series or a cheap dodge of finally making Kingdom Hearts III?

Do you think this version will see FULL international release? (Re: Chain of Memories wasn't ever released in Europe :fail: )

Discuss :3

Baltes
09-21-2012, 07:27 AM
this is just the cutscenes supposedly, not the actual games.
Square Enix told famitsu it's a "video work"

Celebeast
09-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Is that so? All the sources I can see say it is fully playable HD remakes of both Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and RE: Chain of Memories. The video work is of 358/2 Days (theatre mode type deal)

BroBuzz
09-21-2012, 08:54 AM
I thought the DS game was on this collection as well?

Baltes
09-21-2012, 08:57 AM
ah i see it now celebeast.
358/2 days is the DS game, and it's looking like the actual game won't be, just a long video of it, containing the story/cut-scenes

localretard
09-21-2012, 09:00 AM
As a person who didn't own a PS2, but now owns a PS3, I've been wanting to play the first and second Kingdom Hearts games. i find this exciting.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Celebeast
09-21-2012, 09:06 AM
It's a bit of a shame really, as the videos of 358/2 Days on their own won't make a lot of sense.

KH and CoM were both PS2 games, so I suppose it can't be too hard to HD-ify them. As for 358/2 they would have to program the whole thing; I would like to assume that if they have people working on programming a game from scratch, that they would be working on KHIII and not a remake.

In any case, KH Final Mix released outside Japan? 10th Anniversary? It's gotta happen...

Baltes
09-21-2012, 09:17 AM
no KH 2 or BBS T_T

Celebeast
09-21-2012, 09:23 AM
KH HD 2.5 ReMIX coming 2015? It's a cash cow I tell you...

Baltes
09-21-2012, 09:32 AM
if the rest of their re-releases are any indicator, this will cost 40+, possibly 50$

rudy06
09-21-2012, 09:48 AM
I have played both 1 and 2, but I only own 2. I have thought about buying 1 and CoM repeatedly for the PS2, but I may just wait for this now.

Giraffesaredope
09-21-2012, 11:35 AM
no KH 2 or BBS T_T
This is basically how I feel about it. I tried playing KH2 like 3 times and never got past the Roxas bit in the beginning, would like to try it in HD. I just find it real hard to care about the KH story.

DNAbro
09-21-2012, 03:33 PM
they knew even if they split it up between a 1.5 and 2.5 we would still buy it. Those heartless jerks. (Get it?)

But yeah, i am excited for it. Never actually owned the original or the RE:CoM so will be fun.

EDIT: jerks, really? the word J-erks isn't allowed?

maj495
09-22-2012, 07:11 PM
As I've been waiting for this announcement for a while, I'm definitely excited for this! I only own KH2 now (no longer have a PS2, a PS2-compatible PS3, or KH1), so it'll be super excited if we get an international release. SO HAPPY ^_^

zion777
09-23-2012, 04:58 PM
I hope it means the others will be in HD later, but for now I'll take it. I am a big fan of Kingdom Hearts and will enjoy trophies if nothing else. Also the Final Mix content will be enough to have me enjoy the game all over.

Shiron
09-24-2012, 04:37 AM
Pretty much copying my thoughts on this from elsewhere, but anyway, looks decent, but after 3D's disappointing sales in Japan (the 3DS is selling very strongly there, but nonetheless 3D vastly underperformed compared to previous entries in the series), Square-Enix should have realized the need to stop messing around with this series and trim the fat and re-worked the collection as BBS+KH1+KH2 instead, and for maximum effectiveness in reinvigorating the series in all regions, planned to release it on PS3/360/Wii U to reach all those audiences... but, lol, Square-Enix. Such a... dare I say, "Simple and Clean" (yes, I hate myself too) collection is such an obvious and pretty much surefire way to reinvigorate interest in the series, but Square-Enix gonna Square-Enix, I guess and keep doing things the hard way and keep milking this until they can't milk it anymore (sad, since I really enjoy this series, but what are you gonna do =/).

Celebeast
09-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Suddenly, TGS trailer!
[ytube:2oqanufh]1xYDcekBaNM[/ytube:2oqanufh]

DarkMaster
09-25-2012, 06:53 AM
This better come to frigging America, if not I am importing it unless Square decides to region lock for once with a KH game.

Portalair
09-26-2012, 11:37 AM
This looks pretty sweet, now i just need a PS3 -____-

wee187
09-26-2012, 06:00 PM
PS3 games are rarely if ever region locked, so importing probably won't be an issue.

Shiron
09-26-2012, 11:11 PM
PS3 games are rarely if ever region locked, so importing probably won't be an issue.
There's only one known region-locked PS3 game, and it had nothing to do with Square-Enix (and it was also internationally released anyway):
http://kotaku.com/5924128/persona-4-are ... st-the-yen (http://kotaku.com/5924128/persona-4-arena-is-region+locked-because-the-dollar-is-weak-against-the-yen)

So yeah, nothing to really worry about there.

Muzy72
09-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Word on the street is that the game is getting localized. Too lazy to cote sources, search for it yourself :p

[ Post made via Android ]

MySora99
10-21-2012, 06:22 AM
one question. when will this come out

Shikumozikuto
10-21-2012, 07:51 AM
The release date hasn't been released yet we may not get a release date for another 6-7 months.

Kurono
10-26-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm excited, but at the same time not (if only because I don't own a PS3 right now).

I would love to be able to play through KH 1 and 2 with achievements (or just in general since my PS2 is broken), but it would mean shelling out that $300 or so I've been putting off for years as PS3 has nothing I personally want to play that I can't get anywhere else (besides God of War 3).

It would be great if it at the very least came out for the vita as well since I plan on getting one of those within the next year.

Celebeast
02-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Good news everyone!

http://www.gamesradar.com/kingdom-hearts-hd-15-remix-hitting-north-america-fall/

I swear to Dog if it doesn't come to Europe I will....... get an American PSN account :3

16BitGeek
02-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Another reason for me to get a PS3...

zion777
02-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Good news everyone!

http://www.gamesradar.com/kingdom-hearts-hd-15-remix-hitting-north-america-fall/

I swear to Dog if it doesn't come to Europe I will....... get an American PSN account :3

Quite happy it was finally confirmed for outside of Japan!

Muzy72
03-22-2013, 01:56 PM
So people are saying the credits are hinting at a Kingdom Hearts 2.5 with KH2, BBS, and Re:coded. Looks like they're finally gearing up for KH3?

Apple314
03-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Looking forward to this, but I'd prefer to get KH3. Nevertheless, seeing the game remastered in HD will be a treat, and hearing the cutscenes from 358/2 days spoken will be very nice. A 2.5 would be nice as well. It better come to Europe though!

I might wait to buy it until I've finished Uni, since I don't have a TV licence (or even a TV) in my Uni halls and buying games for consoles that sit around at home for most of the year has seemed a waste.

wee187
03-28-2013, 12:12 AM
Looking forward to this, but I'd prefer to get KH3. Nevertheless, seeing the game remastered in HD will be a treat, and hearing the cutscenes from 358/2 days spoken will be very nice. A 2.5 would be nice as well. It better come to Europe though!

I might wait to buy it until I've finished Uni, since I don't have a TV licence (or even a TV) in my Uni halls and buying games for consoles that sit around at home for most of the year has seemed a waste.

You need a TV... license? _ld_ Odd.

Apple314
03-28-2013, 08:34 AM

You need a TV... license? _ld_ Odd.

The BBC doesn't show adverts in the UK, but it's all paid for by the "licensing fee" (essentially, TV tax) I don't even watch the BBC much, but I still need to pay it to so much as have a TV in my flat.

MalkanorBek
04-04-2013, 12:31 PM
I almost don't want this game to come out, since I have the Japanese import of it on the PS2. With this, FF X/X-2, I don't know if I'd want to buy everything again because of higher graphics. I really want a KH 3 to come out. Since they are re-releasing this game, maybe that's the biggest indicator that KH 3 is coming out. Newer audiences will be able to relive the story of KH1 (and soon 2). Then they will release 3.

Shiron
04-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Still wish though that Square Enix had simply released one package that was just Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Birth By Sleep, as having those three games in one package would make it the easiest for new people to get into the series, IMO. The way they're doing it (splitting it into two collections and having stuff like 358/2 Days in there) still makes it more confusing than it needs to be and trickier to tell what the really important games though. Ah well--no real point in complaining now, but it still just kind of saddens me that Square-Enix still just seems to be interested in milking this series for all its worth instead of making decisions that could really potentially benefit the series in a really positive way.

Muzy72
04-05-2013, 07:33 AM
^Square Enix knows we'll buy both collections lol

MalkanorBek
04-05-2013, 11:39 AM
^Square Enix knows we'll buy both collections lol

Of course they do. They know us way too well. I wouldn't be surprised if every combo pack of games was made, including a combo of every Kingdom Hearts game bundled into one, before they think about talking about Kingdom Hearts 3

Shiron
04-05-2013, 04:14 PM
True, but 3D's sales seem to indicate the series is on a bit of a decline. The way to combat that isn't to milk the loyal fans until they finally break as well, but to make it as easy as possible for new people to jump into the series and actually feel comfortable/not at all intimidated by doing so (which is the kinda thing having two separate collections instead of one definitive one does, especially with the reputation the overarching storyline of the Kingdom Hearts series has gotten). Just kinda annoys me how Square Enix doesn't seem to realize this and seems intent on just making the same mistakes with the series again instead.

Muzy72
05-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Game is releasing on September 10th in North America, September 13th in Europe. Comes with snazzy pre-order bonus:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7303/8717158086_a431f6c792.jpg

MalkanorBek
05-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Game is releasing on September 10th in North America, September 13th in Europe. Comes with snazzy pre-order bonus:

This game will be extra special for me. September 10th is my wedding day. :3

Shiron
05-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Really? Wow, love when things end up coming together and working out like that~ (And also, congrats! :D )

Dementrious
05-08-2013, 10:36 PM

Oh man, I am a sucker for art books. Glad I already have it pre-ordered!

16BitGeek
05-09-2013, 07:46 AM
I just pre-ordered mine off of Amazon last night. I can't wait for this, I wish it would just come out already.

Apple314
05-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Hmm. I'm temped to pre-order it as well now, actually. Even though I'd have to wait until Christmas to actually play it... I want that artbook.

MalkanorBek
05-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Really? Wow, love when things end up coming together and working out like that~ (And also, congrats! :D )

Thank you ^_^ Sorry for my comment being so late~

Now I hope to find this the day it comes out. After thinking about this game more, and even though I own these same games in Japanese, I'm really looking forward to them.

Celebeast
05-15-2013, 07:34 AM
DAT. ARTBOOK. I don't see anything on Amazon UK about the pre-order bonus... I think I'll just pre-order anyway. Thank goodness for European releases :3

I'm a little disappointed that development on KH3 hasn't even been started yet (It'll start when FFXIII Versus is finished, whenever THAT will be...) but I understand why Square Enix ended up making the HD remake. It may seem like bandwagon jumping (HD remake ALL THE THINGS!) to milk the fanbase for all its worth but to be honest, given the fact that KH3 cannot be made while FFXIII Versus is still in development (seven years and counting >___> ), an HD remake is a good deal for fans IMO. I want to play KH1 again (in sparkling HD), as a European I never got the chance to play Chain of Memories and the cinematics from 358/2 Days are going to be great compared to those on the DS. Throw in the artbook and I'm sold on the idea.

I don't know about 2.5 though... I wonder how much is required technically to port a PSP game onto the PS3 in HD. I'd like to think it's all the same old code that can be ported from pillar to post, but I doubt it's all that simple. If they have to rebuild the entire thing from scratch we might not see BBS in 2.5.

Muzy72
05-15-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't know about 2.5 though... I wonder how much is required technically to port a PSP game onto the PS3 in HD. I'd like to think it's all the same old code that can be ported from pillar to post, but I doubt it's all that simple. If they have to rebuild the entire thing from scratch we might not see BBS in 2.5.
Shouldn't be too hard considering the two PSP God of War games and MGS Peace Walker were remade on PS3 in HD.

Muzy72
05-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Shouldn't be too hard considering the two PSP God of War games and MGS Peace Walker were remade on PS3 in HD.

16BitGeek
05-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Plus didn't they show footage of BBS during the credits of 1.5? I honestly think it's safe to say BBS will be on 2.5.

Celebeast
05-16-2013, 10:38 AM
That, I didn't know. There's hope yet!

16BitGeek
05-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Hopefully BBS does end up on 2.5. I've never been able to play it but I've always wanted too. I've heard lots of great things about it.

MalkanorBek
05-17-2013, 12:43 PM
I would be upset to see 1.5 but not a 2.5. I think the Kingdom Hearts team would like to port the games as well. Besides, I don't own any KH games that didn't make it to the PS2 or 3DS, so it'd be nice to play those PSP games

PokemonCheese
09-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Gonna pump a revival into this thread. GUYS, how many are of you are playing this right now and are you liking the fact that it's Final Mix? I feel like that's enough to play through it again. [: I'm already about 20 hours in and at Hallow Bastion and for som reason I feel like this game was way longer as a kid.

Sangome
09-16-2013, 03:22 PM
I got this on Friday; I'm running around in Deep Jungle right now. I think I have about 7 hours? Though my actual hours would be more like 3-5 if I didn't keep pausing and running off all the time.

It's been fun, though. I forgot how much fun this series was.

localretard
09-16-2013, 03:49 PM
I preordered it, but unfortunately I don't get a lot of time to play games anymore unless it's in 30 bursts. Since this is my first time playing KH, I figured it deserved better than that. I'm currently in Wonderland.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

16BitGeek
09-16-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm about 24 hours into the game. I just tried to take on the final boss in Final Mix and failed terribly. So it looks like I'm gonna have to do some grinding lol.

Celebeast
09-17-2013, 06:20 AM
I kept meaning to revive this thread since the release but I haven't even played it yet! Unfortunately I am still waiting on some free time to trundle around so that I can can actually start it. Freelancing sucks.

zion777
09-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Are those of you that got it happy with it? I am on the fence about getting it.

Masamune
09-17-2013, 11:27 AM
i have no regrets about buying and it's amazing

Sangome
09-17-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm pretty happy with it so far. The changes in Final Mix are neat and the game's fun to play as always.

Haven't gotten to Re: CoM or the cutscene compilation of 358/2 Days yet though, so I can't comment on those. [I played a bit of both Re: CoM and the original GBA game before, but not the version on here.]

PokemonCheese
09-19-2013, 07:51 PM
I definitely think it is worth buying, because it's the Final Mix version of the game alone. The Final Mix version has one extra hidden boss, a couple of extra cutscenes and is just more overall complete and fluid. I've been messing around with it when I get the chance. Just beat it today. Anybody moved onto Chain of Memories yet?

Celebeast
09-20-2013, 01:14 AM
OK so I started KH:FM, impressed so far, I am very happy with it. I'm also really looking forward to Re:CoM because it was never released here in Europe.

Snowy620
09-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Playing through this is my first time playing through Kingdom Hearts 1 because I never had a PS2, but I've already played the other two games on GBA. Really liking it so far. It looks beautiful in HD. I just hit the Alladin world and it's pretty fun. Really glad I picked this up.

Heufneutje
09-25-2013, 06:05 AM
I've played the first Kingdom Hearts many times but I'm very glad Final Mix is finally being released outside of Japan. It always felt like Japan always got the better versions of the Kingdom Hearts games which bugs me a lot.

I'm also really looking forward to Re:CoM because it was never released here in Europe.
Very much yes to this. I never understood why only America got Re:CoM

zion777
09-25-2013, 07:12 AM
I've played the first Kingdom Hearts many times but I'm very glad Final Mix is finally being released outside of Japan. It always felt like Japan always got the better versions of the Kingdom Hearts games which bugs me a lot.

I'm also really looking forward to Re:CoM because it was never released here in Europe.
Very much yes to this. I never understood why only America got Re:CoM

Was not aware that it never came out in Europe, glad it will now be available to everyone over there :)

Diana3
09-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Playing this game again makes me remember how much I hate the camera / controls. >:(