http://i.imgur.com/Tyv3iWD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2VKADWp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wJzNkon.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G6mKXln.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Uv0f0SG.jpg
IT'S GORGEOUS

DwarfInASuit
01-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Nintendo skipped making a HD Majora's Mask and for that I will never forgive them.

pkGamerB
01-23-2013, 10:27 AM
So, this isn't quite what I had in mind when I said I wanted new Zelda from this Nintendo Direct conference. While this game looks incredible, it's not quite enough to get me to buy a Wii U, unless it has some new content added (same as with Ocarina of Time 3D). That doesn't mean I won't buy it at some point, but I'm in no rush.

Now the new Zelda game that Aounuma said they were still working on is what I'm really interested in.

Sangome
01-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Well, this was definitely out of left field. But oh my GOSH it looks so pretty I want it.

Not a system seller for me all by itself, but it's definitely piqued my interest at any rate. Can't wait to see what'll come of it.

Shiron
01-23-2013, 11:36 AM
YES--now this is a great surprise to wake up to (and great timing, since I've been watching Slowflake's Wind Waker LP the past few days)! So much want! It's beautiful~ Can't wait to see all that hot Moblin-sex action in glorious HD~

Seriously though, wonder if they'll actually change/add anything in this version (like replace the Triforce quest/destroyed Greatfish Island with the original dungeon ideas. ...That's probably too much to hope for, but still). Also, guessing it doesn't mean anything and was just done because it was more convenient or something, but it is interesting that that one picture show the Pirate Ship at Windfall Island during the day...

But yeah, can't wait to do stuff like the huge Hyrule Castle fight in the wonderful new look~

[ Post made via Nintendo Wii U ]

diddyknux
01-23-2013, 11:53 AM
A GameSpot article mentioned some GamePad functionality, but I'm a little worried that that might turn out to just be the Tingle Tuner.

Looks gorgeous, though.

Twister468
01-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Golly that is really pretty. I can only imagine what the other places will look like.
I have the original atm, so I'm not in any rush to buy a Wii U just yet.
But if I do, I would be glad to buy this game again.

Shiron
01-23-2013, 12:08 PM
A GameSpot article mentioned some GamePad functionality, but I'm a little worried that that might turn out to just be the Tingle Tuner.

Looks gorgeous, though.
Nah, if I had to guess, it would be Off-TV Play. If anything, what you might use the GamePad to control is stuff like the Picto Box.

Although, I didn't even think about the Tingle Tuner. Hmm... If I had to guess, that would probably be released as a free 3DS companion-app, but that's just a guess. Will be interesting to see how they handle it.

GrimsChild
01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Seriously though, wonder if they'll actually change/add anything in this version (like replace the Triforce quest/destroyed Greatfish Island with the original dungeon ideas. ...That's probably too much to hope for, but still). Also, guessing it doesn't mean anything and was just done because it was more convenient or something, but it is interesting that that one picture show the Pirate Ship at Windfall Island during the day...

I really want this to happen. In my eyes Wind Waker had all of the components to become the Great Game Ever Made however you can tell just by playing the game that there were parts that had to be cut for time purposes (Nintendo already confirmed at least two extra dungeons were cut).

I'd probably get it anyway considering Wind Waker is the very definition of a flawed masterpiece but this is probably the only chance Nintendo has to correct their errors and I hope they take the initutive.

Also, as nice as the new graphics look, I would like an option to revert to the original graphics A La Radiant Silvergun XBLA.

Sangome
01-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Removing the triforce sidequest was actually one of the first things that popped into my head, maybe even replacing it with the two cut dungeons, but that seems like it'd be a bit...much for an HD rerelease. Though I'm also in the minority that didn't mind all the sailing and hunting because it made me go explore the sea, one of the things I really love about the game, though I could have done without losing all of my rupees...

A dorky thing I'd like to see for no reason other than it'd amuse me is the implementing of Miis. I know Miiverse compatibility has been confirmed but I don't have a Wii U yet so I haven't the foggiest what that would do, but I just like the idea of a Mii flailing around with the ReDeads. :P Even if that's not likely.

Shiron
01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
^Miiverse support pretty much means just that: it will have support for Miiverse, which is basically the social network/message board system built right into the Wii U. Basically, all you have to do is at pretty much any time, just press the Home button in the center of the GamePad and then tap the Miiverse icon. Then, you'll instantly be taken to that game's particular community in Miiverse, where you can post reactions to what happened, do little doodles, or ask for help (and you're able to attach a screenshot of either the Wii U GamePad screen or the television screen to your message, which is particularly helpful for the latter so people know exactly what you're talking about), or simply check out what other people have been saying, like so:
http://www.abload.de/img/wiiu6-660x3480lemi.jpg

In short, it's pretty much like a Twitter-feed or something built around the game you're playing at the time that's always just two button-presses away (Home button --> Miiverse).

jdtwins2009
01-23-2013, 02:02 PM
I haven't actually played Wind Waker to the end myself. Never owned it till a couple years ago, then my gamecube memory card pooped out destroying my save file. So I haven't touched it since.
This is a perfect chance to get to play it completely now!

Sangome
01-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Shiron: OH RIGHT. I remember all that now and how it sounded really cool. Eeesh, how did that slip out of my head.

Mega_Mario
01-23-2013, 03:26 PM
This deserves celebratory music.
[youtube:3hpq964f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRv8gnBMiWM[/youtube:3hpq964f]

I'm not too surprised that they skipped to Wind Waker, as it's one of the few currently unplayable main Zelda games on the Wii U (ex: OoT and MM are on Virtual Console and TP Wii can still be played.)

I'm not expecting much new content or big changes, but since I haven't had a Wind Waker disc for a few years, I'll probably get this eventually.

Sonic62
01-23-2013, 04:40 PM
I was always unsure on whether I'd re-buy Gamecube games on the Wii U VC as I figured it'd just be the straight up games. Seeing this in HD, now I know I'll be getting Wind Waker at least. That looks amazing.

Mr. Olimario
01-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Despite the massive amount of bloom shoved into the game, it looks really nice, and I'm excited to sail on the great sea with those visuals.

Trust, Me I Got This
01-23-2013, 05:09 PM
And Nintendo still haven't announced any games that make me want a Wii U.

Alison
01-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Was not expecting that!! It looks so pretty, I'm gonna have to buy it... Ahh I really wish they would remake Majora's Mask though. It's less accessible than Wind Waker (at least to me) and also one of the few Zelda games I haven't played. Well, it'd be nice on 3DS as a followup to OoT.

notmman
01-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Anyone else think Toon Link looks like he's made out of plastic? Anyone? No one? Someone?

I bought a Wii U two days ago, meaning this'll probably be the first Zelda game I'm playing (don't shoot me, it took a while) for it. Those graphics though...man they are good.

Shiron
01-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Was not expecting that!! It looks so pretty, I'm gonna have to buy it... Ahh I really wish they would remake Majora's Mask though. It's less accessible than Wind Waker (at least to me) and also one of the few Zelda games I haven't played. Well, it'd be nice on 3DS as a followup to OoT.
^How so? Between the two, Wind Waker would seem to be the less accessible one right now to me. Right now, the only way of playing Wind Waker is having an actual Gamecube disc for it. With Majora's Mask, there's the N64 option, but it can also be bought and played directly on the Wii/Wii U through the Virtual Console (and of course, I believe Majora's Mask was also on that special Gamecube collection disc, but that one doesn't really count since that wasn't some widely available thing).

In any case, you know what would be nice for this? If, after you learned the Wind's Requiem, that makes a compass appear on the GamePad's touchscreen and all you have to do to change the wind's direction is simply tap the direction you want instead of playing the song over and over again. Same with the Command Melody--after you learn it, all you have to do is tap an icon and you'll instantly switch between Link and Medli/Makar. Just fixing that would be so nice~

Meta289
01-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Excuse me while I squeal like a little 7-year old girl.

diddyknux
01-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Anyone else think Toon Link looks like he's made out of plastic? Anyone? No one? Someone?

I bought a Wii U two days ago, meaning this'll probably be the first Zelda game I'm playing (don't shoot me, it took a while) for it. Those graphics though...man they are good.

Just looks like Smash Bros. Brawl Toon Link to me. Which I say as a good thing, mind you.

16BitGeek
01-23-2013, 06:31 PM
The reason Majora's Mask won't be remade for the Wii U but rather remade on the 3DS is because it will use the same engine and models as Ocarina 3D. I definitely think it will come to the 3DS but after an original Zelda game is released on the 3DS.

Sonic62
01-23-2013, 06:56 PM
In any case, you know what would be nice for this? If, after you learned the Wind's Requiem, that makes a compass appear on the GamePad's touchscreen and all you have to do to change the wind's direction is simply tap the direction you want instead of playing the song over and over again. Same with the Command Melody--after you learn it, all you have to do is tap an icon and you'll instantly switch between Link and Medli/Makar. Just fixing that would be so nice~
Wasn't there mention of improvements to game play? Maybe they use your ideas? We can hope I guess.

Alison
01-23-2013, 10:02 PM
^How so? Between the two, Wind Waker would seem to be the less accessible one right now to me. Right now, the only way of playing Wind Waker is having an actual Gamecube disc for it. With Majora's Mask, there's the N64 option, but it can also be bought and played directly on the Wii/Wii U through the Virtual Console (and of course, I believe Majora's Mask was also on that special Gamecube collection disc, but that one doesn't really count since that wasn't some widely available thing).

It's because I have the actual disc and my gamecube. :lol: I don't have an N64 though.. I didn't know it was available for download on the Wii U shop! I was thinking about moving my Wii data over to the Wii U and disconnecting my Wii in which case I wouldn't have access to the Wii eShop anymore but cool!

On the other hand though you have a great idea about the gamepad with Wind Waker. I really hope they do something like that. I think the game could really benefit from the.. simplicity? fluidity? (ah, I don't know) that the gamepad touchscreen can give.

Shiron
01-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Well, I suppose I should clarify that--it's not on the Wii U's eShop itself (it might happen in time, but that's not the case yet), but the Wii U can still access the Wii's shop as well by going into "Wii Mode", meaning you can get Majora's Mask on it that way.

DNAbro
01-23-2013, 10:23 PM
YES! YES! YES!

I had a huge sad though when I realized I will be in college when this comes out and won't have access to a Wii U.

DrewStern
01-24-2013, 01:08 PM
I can't believe it can be played Gamepad only. Must buy. MUST BUY!

16BitGeek
01-24-2013, 03:42 PM
I think there's no doubt that your sea chart/map will be on the game pad. That's definitely a plus, no more constantly pressing start to see where I wanna sail!

Alison
01-24-2013, 04:03 PM
YES! YES! YES!

I had a huge sad though when I realized I will be in college when this comes out and won't have access to a Wii U.

I know me too!! :cry:

Wallace
01-24-2013, 07:58 PM
I just had to say that this will be a MUST BUY for me.

Oh man.. I wonder if the Tingle Tuner will be built into the gamepad?

DrewStern
01-24-2013, 09:56 PM
So are you guys saying that you want the sea chart/tingle tuner accessible if you use both screens? Its confirmed you can play on gamepad only so maybe you can swap screens or something.

CurrentLeaf
01-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Looks great from the few shots we have so far, that being said it's still not a system seller for me. I am very much looking forward to seeing how they improve the mechanics and fluidity of the game. I will most likely get it when I do end up getting a Wii U, but they have to wow me with some more triple A titles before I make that kind of investment. A lot of the stuff they have out/ announced for the Wii U are games I'd like to play, but nothing I absolutely need right this instant.

[ Post made via Android ]

the1stpkmnfan
01-27-2013, 10:48 AM
This is a freaking miracle. No way have I expected Nintendo to pull out something like this. It's definitely going to be a purchase for me, but knowing how much Wii U games are priced, it won't be exactly a walk in the park. Especially when I gotta buy a Wii U first.

Also, I hope down the road, they make the water look clear. I know beggars can't be choosers, but I would not mind sailing!

TheGuyWithKnowName
01-28-2013, 02:32 AM
As someone who thoroughly enjoyed Wind Waker, this game looks fantastically sexy. <3

I just hope they fix a few of the "not-so-great" things I thought about the game. The big open sea was a terrific concept, but it just felt like it was.. sortof empty. It wasn't entirely empty, but it could have been so much more and I am sure this is possible with the Wii U. Of course, it is a "remake" but that does not mean they should not change the game a bit, if all that is to be changed is graphics, this is defiantly not even on my wanted list.

Also, that god-awful triforce hunt. What was this? It was neat, sure, but it was ridiculously tedious :( I would rather have dungeons like "Bottom of the well" to find the triforce pieces, rather than fighting a bunch of hostiles.

Dear Nintendo:

The missing water temple would be a nice touch too.

Shiron
01-28-2013, 11:07 AM
The Water Temple does exist though! Just look at the first part of the Tower of the Gods! Seriously though, that has enough water-level stuff for me. Don't need a whole temple based around that junk.

diddyknux
01-28-2013, 01:39 PM
To those complaining about the Triforce hunt, just count yourselves lucky you weren't playing the Japanese version, where it was even LONGER.

Shiron
01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Speaking of the Triforce quest something else that would be nice is if you can simply plop Treasure/Triforce charts on the GamePad's screen, while keeping Link on the television screen, making it super-easy to just sail right on top of them.

the1stpkmnfan
01-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Could that be possible before you go get the Maps and then deciphered? I know they spawn in different places for every file (because if they were in a single spot in all game files, it would be way too easy).

Wallace
01-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Did it mention if the game is digital download or on disk or both?

Shiron
01-29-2013, 11:37 PM
I don't believe it was actually mentioned at all, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be both.

Wallace
01-30-2013, 09:17 AM
^ I do.. It's a re-release of an old game. I'm hoping for Download only, and am only expecting a $40 price tag.

Shiron
01-30-2013, 11:45 AM
It's not a re-release though (this isn't Nintendo Selects Pikmin), but a remake. Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 64 3D got physical releases and I don't see why this would be any different. Going pure digital would just be limiting the potential audience for no reason. That is, there's no actual advantage to Nintendo to only releasing it in that format, especially since this is the type of game that might be able to actually convince someone to buy a Wii U if they see it sitting on the shelf, something Nintendo kind of desperately needs right now.

And of course, it's better from the consumer's POV as well--I understand hoping for a cheaper digital version being available, but why would you actively hope for there to be no physical version period? If you're not interested in a physical version,that's of course your choice (personally, I'd be really tempted to go digital for something like this as well), but how would a physical version being available hurt at all? Many people still prefer physical, whether that be for reasons like bandwidth caps, not having the HD space, being able to trade-in the game when they're done, or, in the case of the Wii U, since the Nintendo Network ID is tied for the system, not exactly being thrilled by the idea that if their system ends up dying for some reason, they'd lose all their games and have to re-buy them. For such people, there should be a physical option available as well (which also ties back into the higher sales for the game thing, especially since you're not going to convince me that we've reached the point where the majority of sales for console games comes from an easily missable digital store-front, in comparison to the hard-to-miss walls of games at stores). I more than understand wanting a digital version, but actively hoping there isn't a physical version, when there are all kinds of valid reasons for a person to want one? That doesn't really make much sense to me.

In any case, shifting gears hear a bit, something that interested me when I read the Iwata Asks for Ocarina of Time 3D (http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time/3/1) for the first time is that to preserve the feel of the original game, Nintendo went so far as to try and preserve/re-create glitches in the remake:

Moriya We sped up revealing it and had Ikuta-san and others try out parts of it. We would ask how it differed from what they had imagined, and then we would fix it. One conflict arose when, as programmers, we wanted to get rid of bugs. But the staff members who had played the old game said the bugs were fun! We were like, "What?!" (laughs)

Iwata Yes, that is an area of conflict.

Moriya It wouldn't be fun if your friends couldn't say, "Do you know about this?" So we left them in if they didn't cause any trouble and were beneficial.

Iwata So you implemented them as you would specs, rather than treating them like bugs. It took some work and you had to go out of your way, but you preserved the spirit of the original.

Moriya Yes. If something simply could not be allowed to stand, we begrudgingly fixed it, so some bugs don't appear, but we left in as many as we could, so people will grin over that.
I wonder if it will be the same deal here and that they'll try to keep in glitches like storage and super-swimming. Hmm...

Muzy72
01-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Nah, the reason OoT preserved as much as possible was because its widely considered the best game of all time. I honestly think they were downright afraid to change anything in that remake.

the1stpkmnfan
01-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Then the troll bulls would have gone Infernape***.

But I can totally see them improving Wind Waker, since the game had mixed reception; but generally good.

diddyknux
01-30-2013, 04:08 PM
In any case, shifting gears hear a bit, something that interested me when I read the Iwata Asks for Ocarina of Time 3D (http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time/3/1) for the first time is that to preserve the feel of the original game, Nintendo went so far as to try and preserve/re-create glitches in the remake:

Moriya We sped up revealing it and had Ikuta-san and others try out parts of it. We would ask how it differed from what they had imagined, and then we would fix it. One conflict arose when, as programmers, we wanted to get rid of bugs. But the staff members who had played the old game said the bugs were fun! We were like, "What?!" (laughs)

Moriya It wouldn't be fun if your friends couldn't say, "Do you know about this?" So we left them in if they didn't cause any trouble and were beneficial.

Iwata So you implemented them as you would specs, rather than treating them like bugs. It took some work and you had to go out of your way, but you preserved the spirit of the original.

Moriya Yes. If something simply could not be allowed to stand, we begrudgingly fixed it, so some bugs don't appear, but we left in as many as we could, so people will grin over that.
I wonder if it will be the same deal here and that they'll try to keep in glitches like storage and super-swimming. Hmm...

That's actually really interesting. So can you actually do things like bottle glitch, Infinite Sword, and bomb hover on the 3DS version? Has anyone tried it, or seen a video of someone doing it?

Shiron
01-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Hmm, not really sure myself, since I naturally suck at doing even the "simple" glitches (not that I've ever really even tried them, but still, it would probably be a safe assumption xD), and never really bothered to look on YouTube or anything--I pretty much just took Nintendo's word for it. Hmm... *Scours YouTube* Ah, interesting! Very interesting! I assume this should pretty much answer your question as to how much OoT 3D can be broken:
[youtube:3tlcfs2l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ7IW3AgX-c[/youtube:3tlcfs2l]

[youtube:3tlcfs2l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mNjDkeLcow[/youtube:3tlcfs2l]

But yeah, the major glitches seem to be there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlcmGLhlWiY

Wallace
01-30-2013, 09:25 PM
It's not a re-release though (this isn't Nintendo Selects Pikmin), but a remake. Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 64 3D got physical releases and I don't see why this would be any different. Going pure digital would just be limiting the potential audience for no reason. That is, there's no actual advantage to Nintendo to only releasing it in that format, especially since this is the type of game that might be able to actually convince someone to buy a Wii U if they see it sitting on the shelf, something Nintendo kind of desperately needs right now.

And of course, it's better from the consumer's POV as well--I understand hoping for a cheaper digital version being available, but why would you actively hope for there to be no physical version period? If you're not interested in a physical version,that's of course your choice (personally, I'd be really tempted to go digital for something like this as well), but how would a physical version being available hurt at all? Many people still prefer physical, whether that be for reasons like bandwidth caps, not having the HD space, being able to trade-in the game when they're done, or, in the case of the Wii U, since the Nintendo Network ID is tied for the system, not exactly being thrilled by the idea that if their system ends up dying for some reason, they'd lose all their games and have to re-buy them. For such people, there should be a physical option available as well (which also ties back into the higher sales for the game thing, especially since you're not going to convince me that we've reached the point where the majority of sales for console games comes from an easily missable digital store-front, in comparison to the hard-to-miss walls of games at stores). I more than understand wanting a digital version, but actively hoping there isn't a physical version, when there are all kinds of valid reasons for a person to want one? That doesn't really make much sense to me.

Why would I actively seek a digital only game? Because the physical copy will likely be $60, and if that's the case, then so will the digital copy.

XModxGodX
01-30-2013, 09:39 PM
I just hope they change the swordless forsaken fortress segment to be less painful. Those moblins have very weird eyesight, one time they caught me going up the stairs WHEN THERE WAS A WALL IN THE WAY!

Shiron
01-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Why would I actively seek a digital only game? Because the physical copy will likely be $60, and if that's the case, then so will the digital copy.
That just seems rather selfish to me though. I of course understand wanting things cheaper, especially since I'm unemployed right now, but wanting it cheaper due to there not being a physical option available, and thus making things very inconvenient for many people who want to enjoy the game but say... got the basic version and thus wouldn't have the HD space to store it digitally and don't have a spare HD they can attach to their Wii U, or have a very limited bandwidth caps and downloading games digitally would put them over it easily, making a digital option non-viable for them despite how much they want to play this remake as well? At least in my case, I'd rather just suck it up and pay the extra $20 so such people can enjoy the game through a physical release as well, and in the case that such a thing means that I don't have enough cash to play the game myself, well, I'd really be fine with that so that it's open to as large of an audience as possible. Even if it causes an inconvenience to me personally, I just can't think that way at all, which is why I was so confused by your initial post--if we're dreaming, I'd rather wish for both versions to be cheaper, but I would never hope against there being a physical version of a console video game, at least while stuff like bandwidth caps and such are still a big problem for many people.

Wallace
01-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Bandwidth caps are terrible! I've never had one.. I would never want one.

Muzy72
01-30-2013, 11:24 PM
I think we'll probably see the game at a $40-$50 price point. I mean, they won't charge us more than what the GameCube game originally cost, right?? xD

Baltes
01-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Thank you wallace, I read the "cheaper digital download" and almost dropped my new, expensive laptop
;)
I can't wait to see if they add te 2 dungeons back.

Wallace
01-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Thank you wallace, I read the "cheaper digital download" and almost dropped my new, expensive laptop
;)
I can't wait to see if they add te 2 dungeons back.

Wait, they removed 2 dungeons from the original? Now I feel ripped off! Granted, it was still an amazing game, and the only thing keeping me from playing it right now is I don't want to be burned out on it when it comes out this fall.

Back to the idea that having this game digital only would alienate some. That's bull crap. I understand some people are slaves to their bandwidth cap. I hope those bandwidth caps will go away some day when the competition forces them to. Many games have thrived on being digital only. My question is, will there really be a market for this game on disk? I'm telling you right now that my choice for this game would be the digital download.

Shiron
01-31-2013, 12:56 PM
...Yes, of course there is. In fact, that question should be the other way around: is there a market for this game digitally? Yes, of course, there's you. But people like you and me are exceptions. We visit sites like this and Kotaku and IGN and Destructoid and NeoGAF or whatever our preferred gaming news sites are. Most people don't. Having worked retail for a few years now, the majority of people who buy games are people who know the bare minimum about games and can barely even remember what an advertisement said about a game. They have no idea what stuff like the Wii U eShop even is/that you can buy games digitally (and are either surprised when you point that thing out or just end up being ambivalent to the idea of getting games that way, because they don't have anything physical to give their kids as a gift or whatever), whereas with a physical release, there are tons and tons of boxes, sitting right there on the shelf, clearly visible (of course, yeah, points cards are visible to, but those don't tell you what games you can buy on them and the typical person is too lazy to be bothered to figure that stuff out on their own), and looking awesome and stuff.

I mean, we're talking about a console Zelda game here, not something that people won't know what in the world it is anyway and won't bother with even with advertising, like will probably the case with Rayman Legends. As long as the game is actually bothered to be advertised, which it certainly will, there's no question a physical release would do better, as tons of 8-year olds and whatever that never played the original game will see the ad for the game, know it looks awesome, bug their parents for it, and neither one of them will likely know anything about some digital version, but the physical version will be right there sitting on the shelves in stores and so that will be what they get. Add on top of that that a good portion of core gamers seem obsessed with the idea of having a physical copy themselves either just to actually have and actually own something physical/not liking how Nintendo's digital stuff is tied to the console and avoiding it, and yeah, there's no question at all it would sell better being sold physically. Again, this isn't something like Rayman Legends, where no one aside from the core will care anyway, and thus sine those would be the only people buying it, would have a chance of doing better. Even if it's a remake, it's still a console Zelda game, and those have mass appeal beyond the core and people who even know about stuff like the eShop, so it only seems logical it would do better physically to me.

Of course, were Nintendo to not bother to advertise it at all and just throw the game into the wild blue yonder, then maybe it would do better digitally due to only core gamers even knowing that it was released (of course, even then I kinda doubt it, because like I said, among core gamers, from what I gather of years of browsing sites like NeoGAF and whatever, the preference is for physical just so that people both have something they actually own and something they can trade-in as well, and this is especially so on Nintendo systems due to everything digital on them being tied to the system). But there's absolutely no chance of that happening. Even as a remake, console Zelda games are one of Nintendo's huge properties, and there's no way they'd send the game out with just a whimper, especially considering that the Wii U kind of needs all the help it can get right now and so it would be absolutely insane of them to just treat this as a core-only game, when it could be so much more for them and a key part to getting things back on track for the Wii U.

Who would the market be that would buy this game physically and make it worth advertising to? Like I said, those like 8 or 10 year olds who don't even have any idea what a Gamecube was, but would just see the ad for it, think it looks awesome, and bug their parents for it. Combine that with how at the very least, the core gamer demographic is heavily split on the issue of buying console games digitally, especially on Nintendo consoles where such downloads would be tied to the system making them even more hesitant, and yeah, there's no question to me that at least if properly advertised, there would be a huge market for this game have physical copies. I mean, it's a console Zelda game--it would be pretty insane if there weren't a market for it. And even if the market weren't exactly to be that sizable, well, something is better than nothing and Nintendo can't exactly afford to be picky at all right now, so I see no reason why they would limit their options here.

tl:dr version:
Casuals: Don't care about a digital version, because they don't even know that the eShop is a thing anyway and would only be bothered with a physical version (and on a personal note on this subject, since I forgot to talk about it above, something interesting that happened to me was that I actually got tons of parents asking me about Minecraft this past holiday season. Of course, that game is only available digitally on the PC/XBLA/whatever, but the interesting thing about this is (besides my surprise that Minecraft really had become so big a thing that not only did I see people looking for it, but a sizable amount of parents were asking about it) every time, the parent came in looking to find some physical version of it, because all they knew was that it was some game their kid was interested in, and so every time I actually had to explain to them that it was a digital-only game and how to buy it on XBLA and the like. People still seem to be hardwired into thinking that physical copies are the norm and that's what they look for first).

Core gamers: For the most part, don't care about digital when it comes to actual console games, because they typically prefer physical versions anyway just to feel like they really own something and to be able to trade it in if they like, with this being even more true on Nintendo systems because of their archaic online policies, creating the risk that if the system dies, they'll lose all their digital games, making the physical version the superior choice to the majority of this market.

Nintendo themselves: Need as much software moving on the Wii U and as many people interested as possible right now, so even if one or the other isn't exactly sizable, will go for both anyway to maximize sales as much as possible as they can't really afford to be picky, with the Wii U not being in the best of shape right now and being a publicly traded company, having investors breathing down their necks about that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, now shifting gears to the cut-dungeon stuff, yeah, that's true. Wind Waker had an extremely rushed development cycle. Basically, the Gamecube was completely flopping for Nintendo (especially when compared to the PS2, but even besides that as well), and so they tried to get this game out to market as quickly as possible to help with that. That being the case though, the development team didn't have time to finish all the dungeons they originally had planned, and because they were rushed for time, some of those ideas just ended up having to be cut with them just tieing things up in the game as best they could in the time they had and then shipping out the Wind Waker we got.

But in all honesty, despite it being great of course if they would be, there's no way those dungeons will be added back in. Those dungeons may have only been cut due to how rushed the original Wind Waker was, but the fact of the matter is the Wind Waker we got is the one we got. And once Nintendo releases a game, even if it wasn't exactly their original vision, they like remaining true to the game that was actually released as much as possible. And that's what will likely be the case here as well: of course, the graphics will be tuned up and they might make slight changes to the gameplay like perhaps making the King of Red Lions a bit faster and adding convenient buttons/functions to the GamePad's touch screen, but the actual game will be the same, because Nintendo just like's being true to their original work and not at all wanting to risk people getting confused when they say get to Greatfish Isle and then aren't redirected back to Windfall and actually have to do something there or some such thing. Of course, that's silly, but that's just how Nintendo is when it comes to this, and so I can feel pretty safe in saying that the dungeons won't be there.

Trust, Me I Got This
01-31-2013, 01:49 PM
$60 is VERY cheap to be paying for a game.

Shiron
01-31-2013, 01:59 PM
Yeah, you Australians definitely get a very poor deal when it comes to game prices. There hasn't been any kind of huge difference between the USD and the Australian dollar in like forever, but new games can easily still run you guys like, what, $80 or $90 there? The way publishers continue to treat Australia despite the AUD and USD being more or less at parity is really just bizarre/nothing more than just pure greed at this point and yeah, I definitely feel for you guys and wish that publishers would stop treating you as basically walking dollar signs.

Trust, Me I Got This
01-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Game companies here are dying because they sell their games so expensive. Everybody now goes to general entertainment stores that don't solely sell games as they sell new releases for $70-$80 and prices for games actually drop. Super Smash Bros. Brawl would still be $90 at EB Games right now.

Meta289
01-31-2013, 07:36 PM
Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, so I wouldn't mind going out and paying $60 for this.

Muzy72
03-25-2013, 12:20 PM
So what are we expecting the price to be? The standard price for HD remasters seems to be $40, so I'm wondering if Nintendo will follow suit.

the1stpkmnfan
03-25-2013, 01:44 PM
40 sounds great, but unfortunately, my money (not really my money at this moment lol) is on 60. Just like New Super Mario Bros. U.

GrimsChild
03-25-2013, 05:42 PM
i also think it will be set at 40...

4o pounds that is.

JaggerG
06-11-2013, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZRTakeKTbw
Looks like they're adding quite a bit of changes. Tyler might actually have to try this version out. If it DOESN'T have additional questing during the triforce searching, that could only mean it's faster because of the faster sailing.

That message in a bottle thing could provide some very interesting prospects for marathoning, too...

Shiron
06-11-2013, 03:02 PM
lol, just watched that again, and noticed Nintendo's totally cheating during some of those segments there (namely, when Link is gliding above Outset with the Deku Leaf near the bridge. Notice the Pirate Ship is still there, when that's only docked at Outset at the beginning of the game when you'd only have the Sword and Shield. Link also seems to have stuff like Light Arrows equipped if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, but still has just the regular sword when that should have long since been replaced by the Master Sword at that point). Oh Nintendo, you silly, silly cheaters you!xD

But in all seriousness, yeah, it's looking good, IMO. Can't wait for this to come out~ :D

Trust, Me I Got This
06-11-2013, 04:01 PM
I have a legitimate question here; What's the point of remaking a game in HD, when said game has stylized graphics? Isn't the whole point of stylized graphics (apart from being a artistic choice) that they will never look old or outdated?

JaggerG
06-11-2013, 04:47 PM
I agree, but then again, I don't comprehend the priority a ton of people have on graphics in a game. It looks really good. I don't deny it's definitely better than the original. But yeah, it sounds really silly and unnecessary, too. I like to assume it's an excuse to make the game as they originally intended in other regards, and use HD REMAKE as a huge marketing point.

Shiron
06-11-2013, 05:14 PM
I have a legitimate question here; What's the point of remaking a game in HD, when said game has stylized graphics? Isn't the whole point of stylized graphics (apart from being a artistic choice) that they will never look old or outdated?
I imagine if anything the point really is more or less the same it is with any HD game regardless: that is, it's about just bringing the game to a new audience and a new generation that never had the opportunity to play it to begin with (and actually making it it's whole own separate retail release that will be available in stores and such over just plopping the actual game onto the Virtual Console or something to actually make it both easier to advertise and get into the hands of this new audience and also give them the opportunity to just see it on store-shelves and be interested in it and end up buying it, which isn't as easy to do with VC games).

I mean, Wind Waker what, came out in (*checks Wikipedia*) 2003 originally? That's over 10 years ago, meaning if a kid's like just turning 10 now, they wouldn't have even been born when the game originally came out and could quite easily not even be familiar with the game's existence (or even if they are, never having had a way to play it or bothered to get one until now). That's a whole new audience to tap and such audience is Nintendo's main demographic to begin with, so put it on disc again and ship it to stores again and start up a new advertising campaign for it, and boom, easy money (or at least so is the idea/intent anyway).

But the reason for the HD graphics? It's basically just that since they're releasing this game to a new demographic, why not throw a bone to the people who have played the original game and try to give them a reason to buy it as well? I mean, if it was literally the same game, graphics and all, the new demographic might buy it, but people who have the original game wouldn't really be interested at all. So even though it doesn't exactly need it per se, the attempt there is that since they're doing it anyway, why not change that type of thing so that there's still something different enough for the game to get those people who've played the original version to get interested enough to give it a try as well?

Of course, really, the point of HD isn't really the graphical changes and added shaders and stuff--those are nice, but like you said, unneeded. The real great thing about remakes of even games like Wind Waker is that despite the fact that Wind Waker was cel-shaded and all and thus more more enduring in terms of graphics than most games of the era, the fact still remains that it was a game made for the Nintendo GameCube. That is, it was an SD game made to be displayed on CRT televisions. Of course, these days, most people probably don't even own a CRT anymore and have switched over to HD and GC games like Wind Waker don't really look their best on such displays since they really weren't meant to run on them at all so even if you still have a GC, if you don't have a CRT, you can't get the most out of a game like Wind Waker, and that's one of the reasons such an HD remake: for it to be able to actually continue to look its best on such modern displays.

The other point is also similarly related to SDTV/HDTV split. Since the original Wind Waker was a GC game, it was limited to like 480p or whatever in terms of resolution. But Wind Waker HD will be running in 1080p, which is much more apt for modern television displays and would have made the game look that much better on them even if they had kept the original graphics (it's this exact reason that many people go gaga over running GC/Wii games on the Dolphin emulator, because just that one change alone really does make a significant difference, even for games like Wind Waker).

And personally, it's for those reasons that I'm personally interested in this version of a game--owning a legal version of it that actually runs in 1080p and has those improvements and stuff sounds good to me. I mean, the original game's good, but I don't have a CRT or anything anymore, and want to have a version of the game that actually does look the best on the displays I do have, and I both enjoyed the original game a lot and don't own a copy of the GC version anymore anyway, so this just seems like the perfect chance to fix that and end up owning the game again to me. At least, that's my take on all this.

But anyway, I suppose just in terms of the graphical changes themselves, the main point is basically just advertising and so that they can show off how much different it looks than the original game and to try and make it a more appealing purchase due to such differences. That and demonstrating that the Wii U is much more powerful than the GC I guess (which should of course go without saying and have been obvious and so that shouldn't be needed, but whatever), but mostly it's just so they make a big deal of the game looking different and improved from the original version and try to use that as a selling point (since that would probably would be more effective than just trying to use a resolution bump as a selling point, as an actual graphical change obviously makes the difference clear even to people who are completely clueless about that type of thing), regardless of whether it's actually really needed or not.

the1stpkmnfan
06-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Wind Waker HD looks really shiny, and more alive. I love the effect of the sun shining onto the islands and sea surface.

I'll be okay with the fact that there's no see/clear through water, since the director did say that this is all cartoon based.

Eji was a little vague about what changes/additions he's making to the Triforce quest. I certainly hope it's different in the Wii U version.

Sonic62
06-12-2013, 01:15 AM
Helmaroc King footage.

[youtube:haau4fi6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZWp9V9L12I[/youtube:haau4fi6]

DrewStern
06-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Why remake this game? For about the same reason any game is remade. It is old, will sell well again and the graphic capabilities have gotten a lot better since 2003. I mean, why do they remake all the Final Fantasy and Mega Man titles?

Trust, Me I Got This
06-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Why remake this game? For about the same reason any game is remade. It is old, will sell well again and the graphic capabilities have gotten a lot better since 2003. I mean, why do they remake all the Final Fantasy and Mega Man titles?
I was talking about remaking this game from a graphical viewpoint, as the whole idea behind the graphical style in Wind Waker is that it will never go out of date. I understand that all remakes are primarily just cash grabs.

Baltes
06-14-2013, 04:07 PM
yeah no, i'm not paying for a transparent sail and bloom effect

DNAbro
06-14-2013, 04:38 PM
I think it was silly to expect them to add dungeons from the "cut content". It's either too much work or they probably have used some of the ideas for another game.

AnythingButAwesome
06-14-2013, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we see more Gamecube remakes.
The WiiU needs games and it's not backwards compatible with Gamecube. Seems like a good way to sell a game to all the little kids who haven't played Gamecube before and aren't used to Gamecube era graphics.

Shiron
06-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Eh, rather have Wii remakes if anything (at least when talking about the stuff that actually has the slightest chance of being remade/getting HD remasters at all). Like, forget about Sunshine, a Galaxy double-pack in 1080p? Now that's more like it! :D

Also, remember that the Wii having BC with GameCube games didn't stop them from releasing those New Play Control versions of GC game, so who knows what will happen this time.

Muzy72
06-14-2013, 10:05 PM
The only HD collections i want to see are a Galaxy pack, Zelda TP+SS pack, and Metroid Prime Trilogy pack

[ Post made via iPad ]

the1stpkmnfan
08-22-2013, 10:44 PM
We can take selfies in the game now! I'm loving this game more and more.

KEM64
08-28-2013, 01:09 PM
I heard the game is coming out first as a eShop download. The downloadable version comes out on September 20th. The retail version comes out on October 4th.

DrewStern
08-28-2013, 02:05 PM
What? So conflicted if that is true...

Sangome
08-28-2013, 02:32 PM
That seems to be the case. The Wii U/Wind Waker HD bundle comes with a digital version as opposed to a physical version. It also comes with Hyrule Historia...which is also digital.

I'm actually considering getting the bundle, especially now that there's a price drop, but I really did want a physical copy of the game. But if it saves me money, then I might just do it.

jdtwins2009
08-28-2013, 02:35 PM
I'll get the download if I end up buying the Zelda Wii U bundle. Otherwise I'll just wait till the 4th probably.

the1stpkmnfan
08-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Getting the Wii U Deluxe at $299.99 + the game digitally is the perfect opportunity for me to buy a system now. Still, I'm already planning to buy a hard copy. Dangit. But I'm glad I waited long enough to get a special edition Wii U (deluxe nonetheless).

localretard
08-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Just preordered my physical copy of WWHD with the Ganondorf Figurine. Aww yeah.

As for the bundle, all of that is true. It will include the special zelda decorated Gamepad, digital codes for WWHD and Hyrule Historia (I'm interested in how that one work). You should also still get the digital promotion since it's the deluxe version, but they haven't specifically said yet. https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

The bundle releases Sept 20th along with the eshop version of WWHD, and physical editions are available Oct. 4th. Japan gets WWHD first, and US and UK get it on the same day, and AUS the next day. Also sidenote the Nintendoland Deluxe bundle will apparently still be for sell.

EDIT: There have been conflicting reports as to whether the WWHD bundle will only be available at Gamestop or not. My money is on it will be available everywhere. However, the WWHD physical copy with Ganondorf Figurine is Gamestop only.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/28/466783 ... ng-sept-20 (http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/28/4667836/the-wind-waker-hd-wii-u-bundle-coming-sept-20)

jdtwins2009
08-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Can you sync a different gamepad to your Wii U? Cuz if so I'm super tempted to do so and just flop gamepads then I dunno what I'd do with my extra console.

localretard
08-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Can you sync a different gamepad to your Wii U? Cuz if so I'm super tempted to do so and just flop gamepads then I dunno what I'd do with my extra console.
Yeah you can.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/system ... ad-ht-pair (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_wiiu_gamepad.jsp?menu=wireless_and_sync&submenu=wup-gamepad-ht-pair)

the1stpkmnfan
08-28-2013, 03:45 PM
I thought the Gannondorf figurine was for UK only. But if it's not, then I'd much rather get the game physically + the figurine. But at the same time, I really want a Wii U deluxe, and this seems like a good chance to nab one. If only I could just ask for the physical copy of the game (once it comes out) rather than the digital version. But I bet it would already be planted into the system's bundle.

Sangome
08-28-2013, 03:58 PM
So is the Wii U/WW HD bundle limited edition? I seem to be reading as much, but I'm still not sure. I want to preorder if that's the case but I don't know if I'll have the money in time...but if I do end up getting the money in time and didn't preorder, then I'd probably have to run on a wild goose chase to find one if it is indeed LE.

Then again most Gamestops will let you preorder all the way until the day before something comes out, so maybe I'll be able to squeeze a few paychecks in beforehand...

EDIT: Okay yeah it is an LE, I just checked Gamestop's site. Hmmm.

localretard
08-28-2013, 04:21 PM
I thought the Gannondorf figurine was for UK only. But if it's not, then I'd much rather get the game physically + the figurine. But at the same time, I really want a Wii U deluxe, and this seems like a good chance to nab one. If only I could just ask for the physical copy of the game (once it comes out) rather than the digital version. But I bet it would already be planted into the system's bundle.
Nope, GameStop is selling it right now. As for the bundle: you could get it, sell the digital key since its basically free, then get a discounted price on a physical copy.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Muzy72
08-28-2013, 06:49 PM
The physical copy with Gdorf statue is GameStop exclusive. Pre-ordered it today, with my employee discount it'll be cheaper than the game by itself 8-)

the1stpkmnfan
08-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Nope, GameStop is selling it right now. As for the bundle: you could get it, sell the digital key since its basically free, then get a discounted price on a physical copy.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

I like, I like. That's kind of how my conversation went at Gamestop today, so there's really no way out of it. Perhaps I could donate the download copy of WWHD to the Zeldthon.

DNAbro
08-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Incredibly tempted to use my limited funds on the special edition wii u. Looks so amazing.

zion777
08-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Incredibly tempted to use my limited funds on the special edition wii u. Looks so amazing.

Been wanting a Wii U myself, this price cut and Zelda version really has pushed me way further into the direction of getting one. I still regret not grabbing the Zelda version of the 3DS. :omg:

the1stpkmnfan
08-30-2013, 07:15 AM
I went ahead and pre ordered the Zelda Wii U bundle. Man, this is just building up to something great.

zion777
08-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Did you just have to pay a portion or the whole thing? I am hoping to get one, but can not afford to pay it all right now. Currently just hoping to find one on launch unless I can conjure up some funds.

Sangome
08-30-2013, 04:31 PM
If it's anything like normal Gamestop preorders, you have to play a deposit of $5 minimum from the get-go, but no, you don't have to pay it all up front unless you just really want to.

localretard
08-30-2013, 05:21 PM
If it's anything like normal Gamestop preorders, you have to play a deposit of $5 minimum from the get-go, but no, you don't have to pay it all up front unless you just really want to.
If you do it online you don't even have to pay the deposit. It's charged when the shipment is processed, that's typically a few days to a week before the games release.

MSico
08-30-2013, 10:47 PM
I got a job at Gamestop at the PERFECT TIME. Yay employee discount _awesome_

Shiron
08-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Awesome when things just come together like that. :D

Muzy72
08-31-2013, 12:38 AM
Did you just have to pay a portion or the whole thing? I am hoping to get one, but can not afford to pay it all right now. Currently just hoping to find one on launch unless I can conjure up some funds.
For the WWHD bundle the minimum deposit is $50.

the1stpkmnfan
08-31-2013, 12:46 AM

I can pay a part of it, but the minimum I could place was 50 dollars. Understandable when it's a 300 dollar purchase.

Sangome
08-31-2013, 02:30 AM
Oh goodness I was completely off the mark with my post there ahaha. Guess I shoulda known better since I've never preordered an actual system before.

zion777
09-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Yup you were all correct. I went in and dropped $50 for the reserve. Now I just have to wait and wait and wait... ok only 19 days but man that feels like ages when I am excited about a games haha.

HowlingRetribution2
09-01-2013, 11:24 AM
I was debating on whether to buy a 3DS or a Wii Uin the near future and I decided to go with the 3DS. But this Wii U Wind Waker Bundle has made me reconsider my previous decision :o Now I'm back to square one and I have to decided which one to get before it's too late :'(

DrewStern
09-01-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm debating whether or not to peeper because in all honestly I could care less about the Ganondorf statue. I mor get it from Walmart so I can get it right at midnight.

DNAbro
09-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Okay ended up pre-ordering the console. PS4 will have to wait, I can't miss out of a zelda console that is cheaper, comes with a game, limited edition, and all the nintendo games.

AlanEdgeHead
09-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Definitely gotta buy my game from GameStop so I can get that exclusive figurine. Now to get the $55... >_>

MalkanorBek
09-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I kind of wish I waited for the Wink Waker Wii U, just because it looks so cool. Oh well, I'm glad I have a Wii U now.

I wouldn't mind not getting the Ganondorf figure, but I wouldn't mind getting this game. I played a demo of it (I've never played the original WW, even though I own it), and I thought it played very nicely.

DNAbro
09-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Apparently GameStop is already sold of of the limited edition of the game! Sucks for the people who didn't get the preorder in on time. Getting the console limited edition so doesn't really matter to me.

Shiron
09-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Eh, that's fine with me. Still not quite sure if I want to get this or not (as I have limited funds and there are a bunch of games I want releasing soon), but if I do, I'll probably get it digitally on my Wii U, as that will probably work out best for me.

Sangome
09-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Hopefully the system bundle itself doesn't sell out; I won't have the money in time for the release, so I can't preorder. It's not the end of the world if I can't get the bundle, but it'd save me money...

zion777
09-07-2013, 08:11 AM
IGN recently did a feature of a trailer release in Japan in which the graphics of the gamecube and the Wii U version are compared. Its around 15 minutes long and they break down each part of the trailer and point out some pretty amazing changes. Got me even more excited!
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/09/05/rewind-theater-the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd

Shiron
09-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up getting this. I really can't wait. It looks amazing~ :D

https://twitter.com/TheBitBlock/status/ ... 28/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/TheBitBlock/status/376477779157475328/photo/1)

DNAbro
09-07-2013, 10:51 PM
I'll post the screen shot here. and more of them.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTmEi6UCYAAFhLi.png:large
http://i.minus.com/iLbQ8MGia1z95.gif
http://i.imgur.com/InlHjX3.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTnSVt4CQAAvxct.png
http://abload.de/img/wwhdcomp2bwxsm.gif

http://gifs.gifbin.com/227839420.gif

zion777
09-08-2013, 08:18 AM
http://i.minus.com/iLbQ8MGia1z95.gif

So beautiful looking. :omg:

That is the kind of stuff that has me so eager to replay that game.

DrewStern
09-08-2013, 10:25 AM
I want this game so so bad.

That's it, I'm downloading it.

DNAbro
09-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Only 12 more days! Well 12 days plus shipping + time it takes for my university to accept my console so I can download it.

localretard
09-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Well I'm officially on the hype train. You can thank that last zelda gif for it.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Sangome
09-08-2013, 12:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTmEi6UCYAAFhLi.png:large

Man, if that were bigger, I'd so slap that on as my newest wallpaper. I love that sky.

the1stpkmnfan
09-08-2013, 03:31 PM
I want this game so hard. It's gonna be a challenge to not play the digital download of the game when the Wii U bundle arrives for me.

DNAbro
09-08-2013, 08:56 PM
More screenshots!
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/AssassinXBlade/banner_zps8465f968.jpg
http://www.gamnesia.com/?ACT=28&f=17__large.jpg&fid=11&d=12077
http://www.gamnesia.com/?ACT=28&f=14__large.jpg&fid=11&d=12077
http://www.gamnesia.com/?ACT=28&f=34__large.jpg&fid=11&d=12077
http://www.gamnesia.com/?ACT=28&f=22__large.jpg&fid=11&d=12077
http://www.gamnesia.com/?ACT=28&f=47__large.jpg&fid=11&d=12077
http://www.gamnesia.com/?ACT=28&f=39__large.jpg&fid=11&d=12077
http://www.gamnesia.com/?ACT=28&f=35__large.jpg&fid=11&d=12077
http://www.gamnesia.com/?ACT=28&f=45__large.jpg&fid=11&d=12077

Shiron
09-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I saw those shots earlier. This game just keeps looking better and better the more I see of it. I can't wait~ :D

zion777
09-09-2013, 11:42 AM
I want this game so hard. It's gonna be a challenge to not play the digital download of the game when the Wii U bundle arrives for me.

Why will you not want to play it?

DNAbro
09-09-2013, 12:01 PM
I think he said he is going to wait for the physical version of the game and give away the code.

zion777
09-09-2013, 12:12 PM
[strike:2zfr5wbb]Does it comes with a code? I feel like I read somewhere it is preinstalled. Will search for sources.[/strike:2zfr5wbb]

Edit: Nevermind found overwhelming stuff that said its a code. I understand why that will be hard to wait now lol

DNAbro
09-09-2013, 12:13 PM
it said code. I wish it was pre-installed. Would make it easier for me.

the1stpkmnfan
09-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Yup! I do plan to give away the code, and just wait for the actual release of the game itself. Which I have no problem waiting for. Not too big of a waiting period anyway. I also wanna get a hold of playing the Wii U as well.

Muzy72
09-10-2013, 10:53 AM
I know a lot of people are picking up a Wii U with Wind Waker, so I thought I'd mention The Wonderful 101 is coming out 5 days earlier, a criminally underrated game that deserves a LOT more success. It's a masterpiece by the genius behind Viewtiful Joe, ?kami, Devil May Cry 1, and Bayonetta, so it's definitely worth checking out!

[ Post made via iPhone ]

diddyknux
09-10-2013, 03:36 PM
I know a lot of people are picking up a Wii U with Wind Waker, so I thought I'd mention The Wonderful 101 is coming out 5 days earlier, a criminally underrated game that deserves a LOT more success. It's a masterpiece by the genius behind Viewtiful Joe, ?kami, Devil May Cry 1, and Bayonetta, so it's definitely worth checking out!

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Seconded. Platinum Games always does a wonderful job, so The Wonderul 101 is at least worth checking out.

zion777
09-11-2013, 12:51 PM

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Don't worry that game is on my must get list. Makes the timing of Wind Waker Wii bundle even better since Wonderful 101 will already be out and ready for me to pick up :)

Muzy72
09-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Something else for new Wii U owners, the day the Zelda bundle comes out, Target is having a B2G1 sale on Wii U games!

So you can get a special edition Wii U, digital copy of Wind Waker, and 3 more games for $420! [or you can get 6 for $520 if you have another $120 to blow :P]

My suggestions for those 3 games would be The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, NSMBU, Lego City, or ZombiU. Those first 3 games in particular, ESPECIALLY TW101, are highly recommended!

http://i.imgur.com/a7Vouao.jpg

Shiron
09-14-2013, 11:45 PM
NSLU, Rayman Legends, and Lego City would be my top recs. Of course, for this type of deal, getting New Super Luigi U. wouldn't exactly be the best way to take advantage of it, but either way I definitely enjoyed NSLU more than the main game and it's definitely worth checking out, IMO.

Apple314
09-15-2013, 04:07 AM
Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101 and NSMBU would be my top picks! That's a really good deal!

the1stpkmnfan
09-16-2013, 11:47 AM
I preordered my Wii U at Gamestop, and buying the system will be a huge money sucker as it is. So I won't find myself picking up additional Wii games at that moment.

DrewStern
09-16-2013, 02:20 PM
4 days, ahhh! I need to hook up my WiiU soon!

zion777
09-18-2013, 06:47 AM
2 days away! For anyone wanting to get all the Wind Waker HD they can (like me) there are reviews starting to hit the internet today. I watched IGN's video review and it only made me want it all the more.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/17/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-review

I will be trying to figure out how to put some money together take advantage of that Target deal, but doubt it will work out.

DrewStern
09-19-2013, 06:08 PM
While I may not have GTA to look forward to this weekend, I couldn't be any more anxious for this little gem. :)

Shiron
09-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Same here. Unfortunately, it's looking like I'll be busy with classwork this weekend, so I probably won't be able to get to it for a bit.

zion777
09-20-2013, 05:48 AM
Quite excited to pick up my Bundle today! However, I am so addicted to GTAV, it may not get undivided love this weekend.

DrewStern
09-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Incredibly jealous of anybody who had their hands on this. Monday could not come any faster.

the1stpkmnfan
09-20-2013, 11:22 PM
The Wii U bundle is fantastic. Glad I got my Wii U all set up; now to just transfer my stuff from the Wii.

Overload
09-21-2013, 12:39 AM
I've barely played through the original Wind Waker release. Got a bad habit of starting Zelda games and not finishing them. I'm partway through that, Twilight Princess, and Majora's Mask. Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time are the only 3D ones I've finished. One of these days I'll get around to it.

Sonic62
09-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Anxiously awaiting the game's disc release. At least I have a few games to keep me busy until then...

DNAbro
09-21-2013, 08:05 PM
My bundle comes in Monday and I'm pretty excited. Though I need to find time to actually play it.

TheSecretStaraptor
09-22-2013, 01:48 PM
[spoiler:20bmnw3w][youtube:20bmnw3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nlq8RpXV-k[/youtube:20bmnw3w]

[youtube:20bmnw3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YFeam_PAXY[/youtube:20bmnw3w][/spoiler:20bmnw3w]

I just finished the Tower of the Gods, and I am loving this remake so far.

Also, word of advice for other people who are currently playing this game/plan on playing it, get the Swift Sail as soon as possible. It makes getting from place to place so much easier.

Shiron
09-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh yes, the Swift Sail is definitely great. The only problem is that it seems whether the Auction House wants to sell it or not seems to be completely up to luck, and I had pretty poor luck on that front. I didn't want to use up any of my Rupees until I bought the Swift Sail so I was sure I would have enough for it, and so I kept using the Song of Passing to reset the Auction until it showed up. Unfortunately, it took like somewhere between 15-20 tries for it to show up for me! xD Still definitely worth it, but yeah, it can apparently be a pain to get to show up if you have bad luck like I did, unless you just want to buy whatever shows up in the auction.

zion777
09-22-2013, 08:05 PM
[spoiler:1vxjehv0][youtube:1vxjehv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nlq8RpXV-k[/youtube:1vxjehv0]

[youtube:1vxjehv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YFeam_PAXY[/youtube:1vxjehv0][/spoiler:1vxjehv0]

I just finished the Tower of the Gods, and I am loving this remake so far.

Also, word of advice for other people who are currently playing this game/plan on playing it, get the Swift Sail as soon as possible. It makes getting from place to place so much easier.

Thanks for the tip!

ZebraGoomba
09-22-2013, 08:15 PM
While I don't have the game myself (or plan on getting it at the moment), I've been watching CosmoWright's streams/videos to see the differences between the two versions and the one that has interested me the most so far is this one:

[ytube:2al8kbzl]GnEs7LUdiAg[/ytube:2al8kbzl]

It's interesting that they patched this. I can see why they patched storage since it was such a huge glitch and easily accessible, but this one is such a random detail that it's surprising to see. (By the way, for those who don't know, most glitches were actually carried over, strangely enough.)

the1stpkmnfan
09-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Nintendo must has been watching us very closely this past decade. It's scary to see a neat change in the remade version of the game. :P

Can't wait to get the physical copy in 2 weeks. Both literally and excitingly.

diddyknux
09-23-2013, 03:11 PM
I don't know if I'd call it a neat change...

Still, it'll be interesting to see how different runs on the HD version are. To me it looks like for people who run without the Tingle Tuner anyway, the HD version will probably be the way to go. But people like Cosmo will probably stick with the GameCube version.

DrewStern
09-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Just got to Dragon Roost Island. Absolutely loving the HD!

Shiron
09-23-2013, 03:35 PM
I don't know if I'd call it a neat change...

Still, it'll be interesting to see how different runs on the HD version are. To me it looks like for people who run without the Tingle Tuner anyway, the HD version will probably be the way to go. But people like Cosmo will probably stick with the GameCube version.
The Tingle Tuner's relatively minor in terms of speedrunning though--it does save time, but you also have to spend time warming up the GBA and getting the Rupee's to buy the Tingle items, so it only saves a bit of time overall. The much more important difference is how Wind Waker diving/storage was patched in the HD version, which was a glitch that saved you a humongous amount of time throughout the game. That being the case, I'm not really sure if people what speedrunners will do with the HD version--it does have some improvements, like removing most of the Triforce charts, but losing storage really hurts.

ZebraGoomba
09-23-2013, 03:44 PM
It's kind of disappointing that storage of all things had to be removed. That's such an influential glitch. It will lead to a completely different route now. Though, everything else major seems to be intact, I think. Back to the video I posted, though, it's strange that they fixed that and not zombie hovering itself, which would make much more sense from their point of view.

diddyknux
09-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Right, I brain farted and completely forgot storage being taken out. In that case, WWHD will just be like its own category.

Also, Cosmo recorded this funny glitch.

[youtube:18ppb9k0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8ZLnypHOQ[/youtube:18ppb9k0]

DNAbro
09-23-2013, 11:33 PM
My Wii U came in! But now i have to wait until my college approves the console so I can download it. Usually I'm all for digital but this makes me really wish it was a physical copy.

EDIT: College approved it this morning and copy is downloading!

DrewStern
09-25-2013, 07:57 PM
At Outset for the 2nd time. This has been quite the throwback!

DNAbro
09-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Just got back to Outset. Love the fact that you don't have to wait till forest haven to get the deluxe pictobox. Makes getting the pictures for the figurines much easier. Also got the swift sail and my god it's so useful. Game is fantastic but i think everyone knows that already. Only thing I'm a bit upset about is that I remember the game so well none of the puzzles make me stop and think. But obviously that is just on me.

So far I think it was worth buying the Wii U for it. Also got Earthbound and Pokemon Rumble U.

the1stpkmnfan
09-27-2013, 10:10 AM
I think taking selfies is one of the most amusing and creative additions to WWHD. It's a whole lot of fun with the ideas you can come up with. Wow, we're all so 21st century. :P

DNAbro
10-04-2013, 11:35 AM
So the boxed copy finally launched! Who got it?

Also here is an AMAZING molgera remix/orchestrated by Theophany. He was the one who did the fantastic majora's mask album.
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/the-w ... :14:55:00Z (http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/the-wind-waker-hd-hits-store-shelves-today-theophany-presents-us-a-kickass?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zeldainformer+%28Zelda+Inform er+News+Feed%29#When:14:55:00Z)

the1stpkmnfan
10-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Got it today + the Ganondorf Figurine. Can't wait to play it... right after I go take my History Exam.

MrMahoses
10-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Absolutely loving my Zelda-themed game pad. Matches my 3DS!
The game itself is beautiful, and all the small changes that they put in are super nifty too!

DNAbro
10-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Something I didn't know was changed. Apparently the reward for completing the savage labryinth is no longer a piece of heart but the hero's charm. This piece of heart was moved to another treasure chart.

jdtwins2009
10-07-2013, 10:30 AM
My copy should be showing up today! So I'll be playing all night long tonight!

the1stpkmnfan
10-07-2013, 03:58 PM
DNA where can I find that Labyrinth place?

Shiron
10-07-2013, 09:30 PM
On Outset Island, once you have the Hookshot (to grab onto a tree on a ledge behind Granny's house) and the Power Bracelets (to lift a giant rock blocking the entrance).

the1stpkmnfan
10-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Ohhh right, right. Now I should have done the 50 trials instead of stopping at 30 for the shard.

Oh well. I can do that in my Pajama Link playthrough. :P

Also, I'm loving the new change to the fuction of the Nintendo Gallery. Glad we can take up to 12 photos at a time. Not only that, we can give the same amount to Carlov (who makes the figurines) and build up the collection even faster!

I'm nearly done with Windfall figurines, as well as Outset. This definitely encourages me to actually complete the Gallery in this version. But I respect anyone who had to go through to complete the GameCube version.

DNAbro
10-10-2013, 12:05 AM
I'm amazed what the tingle bottles are being used for. Spreading around rare pictures for figurine usage. I really need to get one of Cyclos because I didn't realize I could get him.

the1stpkmnfan
10-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Much better than buying them, that's for sure. The Tingle Bottle is a lot more useful than the Tuner for the single player experience. Still, I could see the Gamepad working as the Tingle Tuner if they still wished to added it in.

But still, the Tingle Bottle is freaking genius. Yeah DNA, it can be hard to get Cyclos and impossible to get Zephlis (however his name is spelled). I got pretty nervous about getting a photo in time for the Big Octo.

Everything about this game just feels right, or at least a majority of it does. Just like Goldilocks, it's just right.

DrewStern
10-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Woah. I forgot to get the big octo and I've already encountered him twice. Can I catch him again?

DNAbro
10-10-2013, 03:34 PM
There are 6 or 7 so yeah.

jdtwins2009
10-11-2013, 12:09 PM
How do I get the statues that I keep seeing people have/post about in their Tingle bottles?
I probably missed something.

Sonic62
10-11-2013, 10:24 PM
But I respect anyone who had to go through to complete the GameCube version.
I'll take that respect thrice please! :P

DNAbro
10-11-2013, 10:52 PM
How do I get the statues that I keep seeing people have/post about in their Tingle bottles?
I probably missed something.

The gold statues? The only way you would know about them was if you use the tingle tuner in the original game. In each dungeon there is a secret location that you have to bomb that will reveal a treasure chest with one of the statues in it. The tingle tuner gave the locations before but now you just have to know it.

the1stpkmnfan
10-12-2013, 09:43 PM
But I respect anyone who had to go through to complete the GameCube version.
I'll take that respect thrice please! :P

With that I praise you sir.

I remember the GCN version being quite a hassle haha.

Sonic62
11-11-2013, 11:35 AM
On the subject of the Tingle Tuner, does anyone know if the Legend of the Fairy is still in this game?

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_the_Fairy