PDA

View Full Version : Game Boy Extravaganza - DONE! WE RAISED OVER $2013!!!!

JasefWisener
03-01-2013, 04:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PpFKtyB.png

http://gameboyextravaganza.weebly.com/

Hey everyone!

Many of you probably remember that I hosted community marathons the previous two summers. After talking with some friends today, we've decided to host another one!

This summer's marathon will be called the Game Boy Extravaganza, and, as you can probably guess, the theme will be games released on the Game Boy, Game Boy Color, or Game Boy Advance. All of those systems are eligible to be played in this marathon, and I hope all are represented in some form! As per usual, we'll be gaming for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The marathon will be held for 72 hours from May 10 through May 14. We'll have up to two different gaming streams going at all times, so there shouldn't be problems with having too many players.

A few things to take note of:

- As much as we all love Pokémon, I'm limiting the marathon to a single Pokémon game. That way we won't just have everyone playing that series. It'll be first come, first serve as for which game is played and by whom, so call it if you want it!
- For chat ops, don't feel bad if you're not chosen. I only need a certain number, but I'm open to as many volunteers to choose from as possible!
- There will again be raffle prizes for this marathon that will be given away. I'm still working to get those, but we'll for sure have some.

So, yeah, let me know that you want to commentate, moderate, and game (and which game!), and we'll get this show on the road!

Gaming Schedule
[spoiler:1jq931fd]Note: First game listed is for the primary stream

ALL TIMES CST!!!

Friday, May 10

6pm-9pm: Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey (Robert - In-House)/Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon (jakepeter)
9pm-12am: Super Mario Advance 2 (AlanEdgeHead)/The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Gendarmeofficer)

Saturday, May 11

12am-3am: Mario Tennis: Power Tour (the1stpkmnfan)/Castlevania: The Adventure (Iron Punkle)
3am-6am: Kirby's Dream Land (Mplay213)/Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GamerDavid)
6am-9am: Metroid Zero Mission (TheSecretStaraptor)/Final Fantasy Bonus Dungeons (MegaKidIcarus)
9am-12pm: Wario Land 4 (MattThePatrat)/Final Fantasy Bonus Dungeons (MegaKidIcarus)
12pm-3pm: Super Mario Advance (Wolf of Storms)/Final Fantasy Bonus Dungeons (MegaKidIcarus)
3pm-6pm: Sonic Battle (spn_phoenix_92)/Pocky and Rocky with Becky (Dellyflo613)
6pm-9pm: Super Mario Advance 4 (AlanEdgeHead)/Boktai (Blaumagier)
9pm-12am: Fire Emblem Part 1 (Jeffrey - In-House)/Boktai (Blaumagier)

Sunday, May 12

12am-3am: Harmony of Dissonance (Iron Punkle)/Puyo Pop and Super Mario Advance 3 (Wolf of Storms)
3am-6am: Hamtaro & The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons Part 1 (Kennyan)/Fire Emblem: TSS (GamerDavid)
6am-9am: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons Part 2 (Kennyan)/Fire Emblem: TSS/Mario & Luigi (GamerDavid)
9am-12pm: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages Part 1 (Jasef - In-House)/Sonic Advance (Sonic62)
12pm-3pm: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages Part 2 (Jasef - In-House)/Shantae (Blaumagier)
3pm-6pm: Shantae (Blaumagier)/Metroid II: Return of Samus (Emptyeye2112)
6pm-9pm: Pokemon Blue Speedrun (Ice)/Fire Emblem Part 2 (Jeffrey - In-House)
9pm-12am: Wizards and Warriors X (Dellyflo613)/Donkey Kong '94 & A Boy and His Blob (Blaumagier)

Monday, May 13

12am-3am: Pocky and Rocky with Becky (Dellyflo613)/Mother 2 (Blaumagier)
3am-6am: Metroid Fusion (JaggerG)/Dragon Warrior I (Blaumagier)
6am-9am: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (GamerDavid)
9am-12pm: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (GamerDavid)/In-House
12pm-3pm: Crash Bandicoot Double Feature (Untuxable)/Pokemon Trading Card Game (Nickyv917)
3pm-6pm: Advance Wars (Alex - In-House)/Dragon Warrior II (TheSecretStaraptor)[/spoiler:1jq931fd]

Commentary Schedule
[spoiler:1jq931fd]ALL TIMES CST!!!

Friday, May 10

6pm-9pm: In-House
9pm-12am: Ice

Saturday, May 11

12am-3am: GamerDavid
3am-6am: MattThePatrat
6am-9am: MalkanorBek
9am-12pm: Crysagee
12pm-3pm: In-House
3pm-6pm: Jefferlope
6pm-9pm: PokemonCheese & Andrew
9pm-12am: In-House

Sunday, May 12

12am-3am: Alxamei
3am-6am: MattThePatrat
9am-12pm: In-House
12pm-3pm: Stonepaw & Sister
3pm-6pm: Crysagee
6pm-9pm: In-House
9pm-12am: Untuxable

Monday, May 13

12am-3am: Alxamei
3am-6am: Iron Punkle
9am-12pm: Jefferlope
12pm-3pm: GamerDavid
3pm-6pm: In-House FINALE!![/spoiler:1jq931fd]

List of Chat Ops (Final)
[spoiler:1jq931fd]- Crysagee
- AlanEdgeHead
- Stonepaw
- Daskichan
- Nickyv917
- Alxamei
- the1stpkmnfan
- Iron Punkle
- MissPokemonCheese
- Sangome
- Heufneutje[/spoiler:1jq931fd]

AlanEdgeHead
03-01-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm definitely down for moderating the chat. And I think I could throwdown maybe some Super Mario Advance 2 & 4, Link's Awakening DX, and Dragon Ball Z The Legacy of Goku. All of which are relatively short games.

JasefWisener
03-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm definitely down for moderating the chat. And I think I could throwdown maybe some Super Mario Advance 2 & 4, Link's Awakening DX, and Dragon Ball Z The Legacy of Goku. All of which are relatively short games.

For right now, I put you down for all those except Zelda. Imma see how other volunteers are before that, but don't let me forget that you volunteered for that one too.

Blaumagier
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM
I'd like to do Boktai (pending me getting a UV lamp before then), Shantae, Donkey Kong '94, and Dragon Warrior I. Perhaps more if I can think of any later. I'll take Oracle of Seasons if no one else does, but I'm not super familiar with that game right now, so if someone else lays claim to it, by all means.

JasefWisener
03-01-2013, 05:33 PM
I'd like to do Boktai (pending me getting a UV lamp before then), Shantae, Donkey Kong '94, and Dragon Warrior I. Perhaps more if I can think of any later. I'll take Oracle of Seasons if no one else does, but I'm not super familiar with that game right now, so if someone else lays claim to it, by all means.

I put you down for Shantae, DK, and DW for now.

Iron Punkle
03-01-2013, 05:38 PM
I'll sign up for Castlevania: The Adventure, and tentatively for one of the GBA Castlevanias. I'll look through my GB games and see what I have, then maybe sign up for more if needed later on.

gendarmeofficer
03-01-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm interested in participating, although I do have one question. Would it be alright for me to play a game that wasn't originally for a Game Boy system but was ported to one later? Because I'm thinking of playing the GBA version of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past if that's alright. If not, then unless someone else wants to play a Pokemon game, I might play either Crystal or Emerald. And if I can't do either one of those games, I'll find some other game to play.

JasefWisener
03-01-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm interested in participating, although I do have one question. Would it be alright for me to play a game that wasn't originally for a Game Boy system but was ported to one later? Because I'm thinking of playing the GBA version of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past if that's alright. If not, then unless someone else wants to play a Pokemon game, I might play either Crystal or Emerald. And if I can't do either one of those games, I'll find some other game to play.

Ports are cool for this, so no worries. So would you like to play ALttP or Crystal?

gendarmeofficer
03-01-2013, 05:57 PM
ALttP, since that's my personal favorite video game. Plus this way, someone else can play Pokemon if they wish.

JasefWisener
03-01-2013, 06:01 PM
ALttP, since that's my personal favorite video game. Plus this way, someone else can play Pokemon if they wish.

I got you down.

Dellyflo613
03-01-2013, 06:40 PM
I am definitely down to be a commentator for this. Game wise, as of now I will sign up for both Power Quest and Wizards and Warriors X: Fortress of Fear, since I have no idea how long any of those games are going to take me. I am going to try and find some more games before this starts, so I may end up either adding a game to the list, or swapping a game for another one that I find, if that is ok with you.

JasefWisener
03-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I am definitely down to be a commentator for this. Game wise, as of now I will sign up for both Power Quest and Wizards and Warriors X: Fortress of Fear, since I have no idea how long any of those games are going to take me. I am going to try and find some more games before this starts, so I may end up either adding a game to the list, or swapping a game for another one that I find, if that is ok with you.

Yep yep yep.

Stonepaw
03-01-2013, 08:27 PM
I would love to commentate for this. To make it even more fun I have asked my sister and she said she will commentate with me if she is available.

I would like to game as well but I don't have any way to stream a game boy game :(

I can also chat op if needed.

nickyv917
03-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Does the Pokemon Trading Card Game count as the ONE Pokemon game? If not, I can do that one.

untuxable
03-01-2013, 10:01 PM
I'd be down for commentating a shift. I'd love to play something, but I have no means to stream it, so oh well.

JasefWisener
03-01-2013, 10:12 PM
I would love to commentate for this. To make it even more fun I have asked my sister and she said she will commentate with me if she is available.

I would like to game as well but I don't have any way to stream a game boy game :(

I can also chat op if needed.

Stonepaw? More like Stone-d'awwww!

Haha that'll be awesome.

Does the Pokemon Trading Card Game count as the ONE Pokemon game? If not, I can do that one.

I'll allow that since it's so different.

I'd be down for commentating a shift. I'd love to play something, but I have no means to stream it, so oh well.

I got chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu down.

jdtwins2009
03-02-2013, 12:49 AM
baby, you know I'm down for anything and everything.

WolfAmadeus
03-02-2013, 01:31 AM
I would be more than happy to OP if needed.

TheSecretStaraptor
03-02-2013, 09:47 AM
I can play Metroid Zero Mission and Dragon Quest II. I can also moderate the chat, if it is needed.

Daskichan
03-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Commentating and OP-ing.
awwwww yesssssss.

nickyv917
03-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Alright, cool, I can commentate and op, if opping duties haven't filled up already.

JasefWisener
03-02-2013, 12:29 PM
I got y'all.

<3

Alxamei
03-02-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm totally up to commentate and/or chat op for this stream! I'd volunteer to game, but I don't have my gameboy advance games anymore, so I'm just happy to help any way I can!

So yeah, if spots are still available for either, sign me up! <3

JasefWisener
03-02-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm totally up to commentate and/or chat op for this stream! I'd volunteer to game, but I don't have my gameboy advance games anymore, so I'm just happy to help any way I can!

So yeah, if spots are still available for either, sign me up! <3

Awesome! I got you down.

jefferlope
03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Sign me up for commentating! Looking forward to this!

Mplay213
03-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Oh definitely! I wont be able to play too much due to exams though but I can play Kirby's dream land if that's good? :)

JasefWisener
03-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Oh definitely! I wont be able to play too much due to exams though but I can play Kirby's dream land if that's good? :)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

_awesome_

the1stpkmnfan
03-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Don't know if I can game yet, if I may, but I could I OP for now?

JasefWisener
03-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Don't know if I can game yet, if I may, but I could I OP for now?

Sure thing!

Kennyan
03-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't mind playing Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite!, and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons..

Take notice of my swedish time zones when planning, please! Shouldn't be too bad since it's on a weekend though..

Edit:
Looking at this thread I get the feeling that it'll end up with no one playing pokemon because everyone is too polite to take away the one pokemon game from someone who might want to play it more..

Crysagee
03-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Oh my gosh, I am sooooo excited for this.

gendarmeofficer
03-04-2013, 08:22 PM
You know, I've been thinking, if anybody is interested in doing a Pokemon game, perhaps instead of just making it a single person affair, why not have a bit of competition going on, and have two people playing separate, non deluxe versions of some generation? Granted, I'm not entirely sure how well such an endeavor would work out, but we've got two months to play around and try stuff out, seeing what works and what won't. What do you guys think, would anybody be interested in such an idea?

Sonic62
03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Guess I better keep my promise on Twitter and sign up. There's a few more games I can play if needed, for now I'll start with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan for GB and Sonic Advance for GBA.

JaggerG
03-04-2013, 11:14 PM
I could totally play Bill & Ted's Excellent Gameboy Adventure: A Bogus Journey!

Oh, and Metroid Fusion.

JasefWisener
03-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Alright, I got y'all down.

<3

AlanEdgeHead
03-05-2013, 09:56 AM
If it is ok I would like to change my Legacy of Goku to Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury. Same series, just 3rd game in it instead of first.

JasefWisener
03-05-2013, 10:52 AM
If it is ok I would like to change my Legacy of Goku to Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury. Same series, just 3rd game in it instead of first.

Done.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Iron Punkle
03-05-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm going to go ahead and sign up for Harmony of Dissonance, and also throw my hat into the OP ring. I'll also be interested in a possible commentary shift if Alan is down for co-commentary via Skype.

AlanEdgeHead
03-05-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm totes down.

Blaumagier
03-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I want to add A Boy and His Blob The Rescue of Princess Blobette to my list of games.

MegaKidicarus
03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
I could possibly do ff6 advance. (saturday or sunday) if one sitting. I just need to figure out a strat for atma weapon. donations for a dragon's den run from a premade save. probably sub 14 hours. also It would be cool if someone played kingdom hearts Chain of memories.

Pictocheat
03-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Aw dang, Zero Mission's already been taken. :what:

I don't own many other GB games aside from Pokemon games (I can't really speedrun RPGs), and they've either been taken already or I've never beaten them before. I wouldn't mind commentating, but I have no idea if I'd be able to; depends if my parents are around.

JasefWisener
03-05-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm going to go ahead and sign up for Harmony of Dissonance, and also throw my hat into the OP ring. I'll also be interested in a possible commentary shift if Alan is down for co-commentary via Skype.

I got that and y'all down.

I want to add A Boy and His Blob The Rescue of Princess Blobette to my list of games.

Done.

I could possibly do ff6 advance. (saturday or sunday) if one sitting. I just need to figure out a strat for atma weapon. donations for a dragon's den run from a premade save. probably sub 14 hours. also It would be cool if someone played kingdom hearts Chain of memories.

I put you down. I can't guarantee times right now, though, since I won't do sign ups until early-April. Keep an eye on this topic and your Inbox so you can try to get your time in.

Aw dang, Zero Mission's already been taken. :what:

I don't own many other GB games aside from Pokemon games (I can't really speedrun RPGs), and they've either been taken already or I've never beaten them before. I wouldn't mind commentating, but I have no idea if I'd be able to; depends if my parents are around.

Haha, well, speedrunning isn't so much the priority. I like for my community marathons to be more of a "showcase" than a speedrunning fest. So if you want to play one (and just probably not finish), then feel free. As for commentating, I'll put you down on the list if you want, but it's up to you.

Blaumagier
03-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Now that I think about it, I'll do Mother 2 in Japanese.

[ Post made via Android ]

jdtwins2009
03-06-2013, 06:13 PM
If I've got my new computer by then, and am capable of streaming I'd be down for either Legacy of Goku 2, Golden Sun (1 or 2), or Minish Cap.

Just games I own/owned and know well enough to play.
Got the LOTR gba games as well....

JasefWisener
03-06-2013, 06:22 PM
If I've got my new computer by then, and am capable of streaming I'd be down for either Legacy of Goku 2, Golden Sun (1 or 2), or Minish Cap.

Just games I own/owned and know well enough to play.
Got the LOTR gba games as well....

Oh buddy. Any of those are good. I'd love for Minish Cap to be played. Just let me know if you think you can.

the1stpkmnfan
03-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Totally didn't cross my mind that it didn't have to be just Game Boy games. lol

Could it be possible to tentatively play Mario Tennis: Power Tour? It's got an RPG story that I'd love to tackle again. Plus I can name my character for donations.

Griffinboy775
03-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Cool! It ends on my Bday! :thumbs:

Emptyeye2112
03-08-2013, 11:13 PM
I <3 Community marathons!

I'd like to sign up to play Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge, if possible.

JasefWisener
03-08-2013, 11:18 PM
I <3 Community marathons!

I'd like to sign up to play Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge, if possible.

I got you down.

Gamer David
03-10-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm totally up for commentating and gaming if I can fit it into my work schedule and OP'ing if needed. Game-wise, I can do the GBA version of Lego Star Wars, one of the GBA Fire Emblem games, Mario&Luigi SuperStar Saga, or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team if it won't count as the one Pokemon game allotted for the marathon. Or, if you're looking for something really different, I also have Jeff Gordon XS Racing for the GBC.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I also have Tales of Phantasia (GBA)

MegaKidicarus
03-10-2013, 04:32 PM
on the website will there be 2 game streams?

JasefWisener
03-10-2013, 07:32 PM
on the website will there be 2 game streams?

Yes

vakamajordan
03-11-2013, 10:08 PM
I could probably play Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories or Megaman Battle Network.

JasefWisener
03-11-2013, 10:16 PM
I could probably play Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories or Megaman Battle Network.

Do you have a preference?

vakamajordan
03-11-2013, 10:20 PM

Kingdom Hearts

AnythingButAwesome
03-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Why have I not heard about this?

I could probably play some Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBC). I could probably also commentate since that game is fairly short.

jakepeter
03-12-2013, 10:11 PM
I would love to commentate at some time, especially since I have benefitted from Make-A-Wish directly <3 And I would love to play a game, as long as I can get my hands on a gameboy player (Going to try and either buy my Uncle's or borrow his GameBoy Player) I would love to play a game. If no one else is really wanting to play a pokemon game I can speedrun leafgreen, but if I have to play a different game than I would have to wait 'til next week when I go home to check out what advance games I have.

JasefWisener
03-13-2013, 03:35 PM

Kingdom Hearts

I got you down.

Why have I not heard about this?

I could probably play some Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBC). I could probably also commentate since that game is fairly short.

I got you down.
I would love to commentate at some time, especially since I have benefitted from Make-A-Wish directly <3 And I would love to play a game, as long as I can get my hands on a gameboy player (Going to try and either buy my Uncle's or borrow his GameBoy Player) I would love to play a game. If no one else is really wanting to play a pokemon game I can speedrun leafgreen, but if I have to play a different game than I would have to wait 'til next week when I go home to check out what advance games I have.

Awesome! I put you down for commentary, and you can just let me know if you'll be able to play a game and I'll put you down for one.

MegaKidicarus
03-13-2013, 07:21 PM
I've got some notes incentives are naming, fighting gilgamesh. and a dragon's den run from a premade save (takes 72 hours to prepare).
edit: donate for sabin to suplex a train

untuxable
03-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm gonna talk to a friend of mine sunday and see if I can use his Gamecube and GBA Player. Not sure what game I'd play, but I look through my library once I have an answer.

MalkanorBek
03-14-2013, 11:48 AM
May 10th is actually my birthday, but I would love to participate as a commentator/chat op/any other way possible. My only request is that I might commentate during a Zelda shift, so I can co-commentate with my kitten Zelda. She digs games (I am super lame).

Sangome
03-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I would like to sign up to be a chat op, if you're still taking 'em? I'd love to commentate but my microphone isn't great and I have no webcam [unless people don't mind a random disembodied voice that's not playing any games], but I really would like to help with anything, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring to be an op. :D

JasefWisener
03-14-2013, 12:32 PM
May 10th is actually my birthday, but I would love to participate as a commentator/chat op/any other way possible. My only request is that I might commentate during a Zelda shift, so I can co-commentate with my kitten Zelda. She digs games (I am super lame).

I got you down. As for the Zelda shift, that's fine as long as everything works out. When I play Ages, the commentary will probably be in-house, but Seasons and ALttP will be played so hopefully that'll work out.

I would like to sign up to be a chat op, if you're still taking 'em? I'd love to commentate but my microphone isn't great and I have no webcam [unless people don't mind a random disembodied voice that's not playing any games], but I really would like to help with anything, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring to be an op. :D

Sure thing!

MalkanorBek
03-14-2013, 02:05 PM
I got you down. As for the Zelda shift, that's fine as long as everything works out. When I play Ages, the commentary will probably be in-house, but Seasons and ALttP will be played so hopefully that'll work out.

Don't worry about it! I would not mind whatsoever if I don't commentate during a Zelda game. I'm flexible with anything. It was just a small request~ ^_^

MegaKidicarus
03-14-2013, 02:13 PM
may I OP?

Ice
03-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Yes! Jasef you know I'm all over commentary for this one.

gendarmeofficer
03-15-2013, 10:04 AM
If the schedule can be worked out to do so, I'm willing to let Malkanor commentate during my run of LttP.

MegaKidicarus
03-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Speaking of Schedule my game Needs to be played on the weekend.

JasefWisener
03-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Yes! Jasef you know I'm all over commentary for this one.

I got you down. <3

Speaking of Schedule my game Needs to be played on the weekend.

That'll just depend on if you can get signed up first, unfortunately. Keep an eye on this thread, and I'll post an announcement before I send out the messages to everyone about sign ups. It'll be in about 3 weeks.

Wolf of Storms
03-16-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm up for streaming games, and I should be done with finals before this all starts, so there shouldn't be any problems. For games, I could play the original Super Mario Advance and Puyo Pop, and if time allows it maybe Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island.

Heufneutje
03-17-2013, 05:47 AM
Oh gosh I'm late >w< I really should check the forums more. I would love to help you out Jasef. If you still need any OPs/commentators I'll gladly be a part of your marathon again ^^

untuxable
03-17-2013, 03:54 PM
I talked to a friend of mine, and he's willing to let me borrow a GC and a GBA player for the marathon! _awesome_

So I'll sign up to play Crash's Huge Adventure and Crash Bandicoot: N-Tranced. I know Huge Adventure takes just about an hour, and I'll get back to you on the length of N-Tranced.

EDIT: N-Tranced is going to be about an hour as well. I might even throw in a third game if there's time and I can find one that takes under an hour.

spn_phoenix_92
03-17-2013, 07:10 PM
I might join Cheese when she commentates, but would it be ok if I played Sonic Battle for the event?

Emptyeye2112
03-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Okay, so, I have a slight problem. It turns out that I don't actually know where my copy of Mega Man in Dr Wily's Revenge is. So I'd like to change my game to be the one Metroid Game Boy game that does not seem to be represented, Metroid II: Return of Samus, an often overlooked game in the series. Thanks!

Heufneutje
03-18-2013, 11:42 AM
You know what I just realized? My bot that was used as a donation tracker last year was based on Chip-In. And now that Chip-In shut down, I should probably figure something out and update my code ;-;

JasefWisener
03-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Sorry for being so late on these replies! I've been busy.

I'm up for streaming games, and I should be done with finals before this all starts, so there shouldn't be any problems. For games, I could play the original Super Mario Advance and Puyo Pop, and if time allows it maybe Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island.

I put you down for the first two, and we'll see how that goes.

Oh gosh I'm late >w< I really should check the forums more. I would love to help you out Jasef. If you still need any OPs/commentators I'll gladly be a part of your marathon again ^^

Thanks Hoofnoot! I got you down in both.

I talked to a friend of mine, and he's willing to let me borrow a GC and a GBA player for the marathon! _awesome_

So I'll sign up to play Crash's Huge Adventure and Crash Bandicoot: N-Tranced. I know Huge Adventure takes just about an hour, and I'll get back to you on the length of N-Tranced.

EDIT: N-Tranced is going to be about an hour as well. I might even throw in a third game if there's time and I can find one that takes under an hour.

Awesome! I got you down.

I might join Cheese when she commentates, but would it be ok if I played Sonic Battle for the event?

Sure thing! I got you down.

Okay, so, I have a slight problem. It turns out that I don't actually know where my copy of Mega Man in Dr Wily's Revenge is. So I'd like to change my game to be the one Metroid Game Boy game that does not seem to be represented, Metroid II; Return of Samus, an often overlooked game in the series. Thanks!

No problem. I got that switched.

Ice
03-20-2013, 05:01 PM
I feel like it wouldn't be a Gameboy marathon without some good ol' Pokemon Blue. It's about a 2.5 hour run, so its up to you if you want to throw it in there. I would be able to do it if you need an extra game!

Blaumagier
03-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Gettin' so hyped! I'd be down for commentary if AlanEdgeNub would join me and make it a Super Bama Bros. commentary shift.

JasefWisener
03-20-2013, 05:18 PM
I feel like it wouldn't be a Gameboy marathon without some good ol' Pokemon Blue. It's about a 2.5 hour run, so its up to you if you want to throw it in there. I would be able to do it if you need an extra game!

Oh snap! I got you down.

Gettin' so hyped! I'd be down for commentary if AlanEdgeNub would join me and make it a Super Bama Bros. commentary shift.

That's cool with me. I'll wait to put y'all down when you decide, so just lemme know.

AlanEdgeHead
03-20-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm down

untuxable
03-20-2013, 10:53 PM
N-Tranced is probably going to be more like an hour and a half. It just depends on how moronic the final boss decides to be with his randomized attack pattern _dead2_

MattThePatrat
03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Hey, it's been a while since I've been here. I was here for last year's marathon, so you might remember me. N64 Galore was a ton of fun, so I would love to help out with this. If you have any gaming slots left, I could play some Wario Land 4.

JasefWisener
03-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Hey, it's been a while since I've been here. I was here for last year's marathon, so you might remember me. N64 Galore was a ton of fun, so I would love to help out with this. If you have any gaming slots left, I could play some Wario Land 4.

Yup! I'll get you down!

Also, everyone, MAYBE next week I'll start actual time sign ups. Either next week or the week after. We're only around 6 weeks away!!

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Trombonus
03-28-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm afraid there aren't many Gameboy games I'd be good at, but I could volunteer as a commentator if you like. ^_^

Blaumagier
03-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Everything is setup for streaming Boktai now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF1I_koVwIw

Gamer David
04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Well since Jasef is too lazy to go back and find my first post I'll just have to make another.

I'm available to both game and commentate and I can OP if need me to. For games I have Lego Star Wars (GBA), Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Tales of Phantasia, either of the two GBA Fire Emblem Games, or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team if spin-offs aren't being counted as the one Pokemon game.

MattThePatrat
04-02-2013, 01:56 PM
I'll do some commentary!

JasefWisener
04-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Well since Jasef is too lazy to go back and find my first post I'll just have to make another.

I'm available to both game and commentate and I can OP if need me to. For games I have Lego Star Wars (GBA), Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Tales of Phantasia, either of the two GBA Fire Emblem Games, or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team if spin-offs aren't being counted as the one Pokemon game.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan which?

Also, I got all y'all down <3.

Gamer David
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Whichever one you think will add the most variety, I was just informing you of which games I had available. Could always make a donation incentive out of it or something. Also, I noticed my name wasn't added to the list of commentators, has that been filled up already?

MegaKidicarus
04-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Whichever one you think will add the most variety, I was just informing you of which games I had available. Could always make a donation incentive out of it or something. Also, I noticed my name wasn't added to the list of commentators, has that been filled up already?

I'd think mario and luigi would be the best option if limited to one. one it could bring in the most donations. two it's the most fun to watch. three it adds the most variety.

JasefWisener
04-02-2013, 09:55 PM

My bad. I didn't see the commentary part. I got you down. For game, I just stuck you with Superstar Saga for now, and we can think about it more in the next few weeks.

JasefWisener
04-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Double post, but schedule sign-ups for the marathon will be sent out NEXT WEEK, so make sure to keep an eye on your PM inbox if you've signed up to game or commentate.

About 2 weeks after these have gone out, I'll be posting the schedule for both gaming and commentary in this forum topic, and then both community members that didn't pre-signup and people who signed up and want more shifts will be able to fill in any gaps.

Sonic62
04-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Sounds good. It's slowly but surely getting closer! :D

jakepeter
04-07-2013, 07:12 PM
I was able to get a gameboy player! The only games I have though are megaman battle networks 3-5, chronicles of narnia and warioland 4. But warioland is taken and I've never played narnia through... If megaman wouldn't be too boring as it was just played I can do them or I would have to ask my friends which games they have on them. :thumbs:

JasefWisener
04-07-2013, 07:57 PM
I was able to get a gameboy player! The only games I have though are megaman battle networks 3-5, chronicles of narnia and warioland 4. But warioland is taken and I've never played narnia through... If megaman wouldn't be too boring as it was just played I can do them or I would have to ask my friends which games they have on them. :thumbs:

I'll send out the gamer PM to you and you can pick a time and game then. _awesome_

PMs GOING OUT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Wolf of Storms
04-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Well, I'm up for gaming during the Saturday 5/11 shift from 12-3PM and the Sunday 5/12 12-3AM shift.

JasefWisener
04-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Well, I'm up for gaming during the Saturday 5/11 shift from 12-3PM and the Sunday 5/12 12-3AM shift.

Hey hey. do be a favor and send me that in a PM along with which game when.

_awesome_

Emptyeye2112
04-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey, is there a website for this yet? I'd like to add it to my "Upcoming Events" section on Twitch, and would like a link to the page it'll be on to do so. :)

Kennyan
04-13-2013, 02:35 PM
So I've completed my first practice runs, and if the timer I used is accurate (might not be, it's old) then it looks like I'll be able to finish both of my games in the time allotted to me.. I think I managed sub 4h 30m on OoS, but I messed up with the timer at one point so I'm not sure.. Either way I did a lot better than my last run which was over 5h.. Could still have done a lot better though.. *Looks at the 003 next to save file*

JasefWisener
04-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Hey, is there a website for this yet? I'd like to add it to my "Upcoming Events" section on Twitch, and would like a link to the page it'll be on to do so. :)

Not yet! It'll probably be a week or two before I get around to that.

So I've completed my first practice runs, and if the timer I used is accurate (might not be, it's old) then it looks like I'll be able to finish both of my games in the time allotted to me.. I think I managed sub 4h 30m on OoS, but I messed up with the timer at one point so I'm not sure.. Either way I did a lot better than my last run which was over 5h.. Could still have done a lot better though.. *Looks at the 003 next to save file*

Oh man. That's going to be awesome!

MegaKidicarus
04-13-2013, 10:09 PM
so far got my I've decided to switch to ff1,ff2,ff4, and ff6 bonus dungeons,

I got my save ready in ff1, all level 99,(knight,master, black wizard,white wizard) the run thoughs went well omega is a HUGE troll though. so ff1 will be last.

ff4 has changeable names (cecil, kain, rosa, rydia,edge, cid,edward, palom,porom and yang). donate to name them. ff4's save is ready.

ff6 still have to do some more level grinding. but it will be quick.

ff2 is the most level grinding. that's really the only big thing left to do is complete the stat grinding for that.

untuxable
04-15-2013, 08:36 AM
At first, it was like "I think I can maybe finish these 2 Crash Bandicoot games in 3 hours."
Then it was, "Man, I can beat both of these in, like, 2 and half hours. Maybe I should pick a third one."
Then it was, "Dang it! I can't beat these three games in 3 hours."
Now it's, "I can finish these three games in under 2 and half hours, now I need a filler."

Speedrun practice does indeed make you better at a game.

Kennyan
04-15-2013, 11:54 AM
My second practice run didn't make me any better.. I went up to 14 deaths from the previously mentioned 3.. Although this time I played it on the gameboy player, so I would like to pin some of the blame on the fact that I'm not used to the gamecube controller..

Emptyeye2112
04-15-2013, 03:36 PM
So I figure I can do one of two things for my timeslot:

1. I can come up with some kind of "conservative" 100% route, where you get all the items, and even use all four beams for a bit of time. This would effectively be, not even a Metroid II speedrunning tutorial per se (Getting and using all four beams for a decent amount of time is not what you do in a 100% speedrun; since you only have to possess each beam to fulfill the definition of 100%, the actual speed run route keeps the default beam until a hallway when you can get each beam, then picks up each for about five seconds, ending with the Ice Beam which is used for the rest of the game.), but a "This route will comfortably get you all items and the best ending if you ever want to show your friends!" stream.

2. I can just try to do the absolute best I can for 3 hours, possibly including resets left and right. In particular, with abut 34 Metroids left (The game starts with 39), there's some ridiculous damage boosting that will make me sad to have to try because it leaves me at low health.

I'll leave it up to you guys which you want to see, given my desire to Give the People What They Want (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9DIN0nFHvs). :)

JasefWisener
04-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Commentary schedule is open! But there are only 2 slots left. :/

If you want one of those two remaining times, LET ME KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Gaming schedule will be up sooooon for signups.

jefferlope
04-17-2013, 07:58 PM
I'll go for that 9:00 am shift. I'm sure that I'd regret not taking a second shift when the marathon actually starts.

untuxable
04-17-2013, 08:08 PM
I remember AnythingbutAwesome saying that he might take a commentary shift if one was open, though it depends on his schedule and whether or not his finals are over.

JasefWisener
04-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Cooooool cool.

Also, I'm still working on it, but I threw up the website real quick for the marathon here: http://gameboyextravaganza.weebly.com/. That way if y'all need it for promoting, etc., you've got it.

Alxamei
04-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Oh, woah. I thought I'd grabbed the two 12-3 times on sunday, not both the 12-3am slot on Monday. >_< But since I guess I screwed up on my end with it I'll still go with what I've been placed in. I'll just have to find somewhere where I can hopefully be loud in my house. Since I was hoping to offer singing for donation in the daytime shift. ^^''

JasefWisener
04-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Oh, woah. I thought I'd grabbed the two 12-3 times on sunday, not both the 12-3am slot on Monday. >_< But since I guess I screwed up on my end with it I'll still go with what I've been placed in. I'll just have to find somewhere where I can hopefully be loud in my house. Since I was hoping to offer singing for donation in the daytime shift. ^^''

:/ I guess I misunderstood. If you need to be taken off from that Monday one, I'd understand. If you want, you can be swapped for that 6-9 one, but I don't know if that works for you.

JasefWisener
04-17-2013, 09:58 PM
I just posted the gaming schedule and the finalized list of chat ops. If you want to take a gaming slot, there are TWO slots per time, so you can sign up for one if there is only one listed at the given time.

As for the chat ops, please don't feel bad or be offended if you offered to be a chat op and weren't taken. For the most part, I chose the final list from those I've worked with in the past and it has nothing to do with not wanting anyone. There's also a chance I'll need more during the actual marathon, so you may be called upon later.

Only 23 more days!!

MalkanorBek
04-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Seeing as how I've done the 6am-9am both Saturday and Sunday, I'd be more than happy to fill in that time slot on Monday if no one else ends up filling it. :3

Sonic62
04-17-2013, 10:19 PM
It's coming up quickly, can't wait to play!

JasefWisener
04-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Seeing as how I've done the 6am-9am both Saturday and Sunday, I'd be more than happy to fill in that time slot on Monday if no one else ends up filling it. :3

_awesome_ Do you want me to put you down?

MalkanorBek
04-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Of course! Sign me up ^_^

Alxamei
04-18-2013, 01:45 AM
:/ I guess I misunderstood. If you need to be taken off from that Monday one, I'd understand. If you want, you can be swapped for that 6-9 one, but I don't know if that works for you.
Oh, naw. It's just one of life's many surprises! I'm looking forward to doing it, and since my first class isn't until like 11 in the morning I should be able to still do the Monday one. I'll just have to work out with the family where I would be allowed to be somewhat noisy, and it should all be good. <3
Edit: I also just realized it means I get to commentate while the Earthbound gaming is going on, so it's even more awesome! <3

Blaumagier
04-18-2013, 06:47 PM
So, since a lot of people have moved away from FMLE and are using OBS and Xsplit now, I feel I must ask, do you have any assets you'd like people to use to fill black space in the widescreen since this should all be 4:3 games?

MegaKidicarus
04-18-2013, 06:51 PM
So, since a lot of people have moved away from FMLE and are using OBS and Xsplit now, I feel I must ask, do you have any assets you'd like people to use to fill black space in the widescreen since this should all be 4:3 games? is there a way to fill blank space in manycam?

MegaKidicarus
04-18-2013, 07:07 PM
sorry for double post another incentive vote for best Gameboy/GBC/GBA final fantasy

JasefWisener
04-18-2013, 07:21 PM
So, since a lot of people have moved away from FMLE and are using OBS and Xsplit now, I feel I must ask, do you have any assets you'd like people to use to fill black space in the widescreen since this should all be 4:3 games?

Nah, nothing in particular. Just nothing inappropriate.

As for Manycam, I have no idea. Maybe someone else can help?

diddyknux
04-19-2013, 10:02 PM
I don't think I'll be able to do much with this, as its kind of bad timing for me, but I will look forward to watching. And if you end up needing any more Chat OPS I can maybe help with that. But in any case, this'll be a fun watch.

Kennyan
04-20-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm getting worse and better at the same time.. But if I can manage to not die as much I find it highly likely that I'll reach run time under 4 hours for OoS..

nickyv917
04-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Does anyone have anyone have advice on streaming what on your screen?

gendarmeofficer
04-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Can you tell us what sort of equipment and software you'll be using so that we can provide advice that you can actually use?

Gamer David
04-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Well, for anyone who's seen me stream before, my commentary is...not the greatest. Any advice/tips/genuine words of encouragement from you more experienced commentators?

AnythingButAwesome
04-25-2013, 09:55 AM
So: How to set up OBS (or XSplit, or FMLE)

Step 1: Download and install OBS http://obsproject.com/download

Step 2: Find your upload speed http://speedof.me/
Take the mb/s number you get and multiply it by 1000 to get your kb/s
Then take about 2/3 of that and that will be your bitrate. Bitrate is how fast OBS will try to send data to twitch.
Divide that number by 10 and that will be your audio bitrate
Open up OBS and find the menu with those options and set them

Resolutions:
If your upload speed is 1mb/s or less set it to 240p (you have to type in the resolution, go look up what 240p is)
If it is between 1mb/s and 2mb/s put in 360p
If it is between 2mb/s and 4mb/s put in 480p
If it is 4mb/s or greater put in 720p
You can set any stream to any resolution but if your bitrate is too low then it will look like garbage.

Step 3: Figure out your stream key for testing
You have to give OBS your steam key before you can stream. It is in one of the menus.
You can find it on Twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/broadcast

Step 4: Adding your monitor/capture device/whatever
When you right click on one of the boxes on the bottom right there is an option that sounds something like add a monitor and you have to go through the menu there, I dont have the program on this computer so I forgot.

Step 5: Test your stream
Start broadcasting and go to your twitch page

If you are using XSplit or FMLE then it pretty much works out the same.

untuxable
04-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Well, for anyone who's seen me stream before, my commentary is...not the greatest. Any advice/tips/genuine words of encouragement from you more experienced commentators?

I'm not too great of a commentator, but since I've started streaming, I've noticed some things that make my commentary a little better.
1. Pay attention to the chat. Seems simple, but people can get a little miffed if you keep missing what they're saying.
2. Talk freely. If someone says something in the chat about a game or a movie, just start rambling on about it for a bit. Just saying "yeah, I've played that game, it was pretty good" doesn't encourage much discussion.
3. Ask the chat questions. Ask people how they're doing is a good way to get a conversation going since most people say something more than just "i'm doing okay." Especially with TSG chats, people seem to want to tell you what they're doing.
4. Have a water bottle. Seriously, your mouth will get so dry commentating for 3 hours straight.
5. Make sure your mic volume is high enough so that we can hear you, maybe put it a little higher than you normally would. Viewers can always turn your volume down, but we can't turn it up any higher than you've got it. Play around with the volume on your stream to find a good balance.
6. Enunciate clearly. I noticed early on in my own stream that I mumbled a good bit, and that mumbling was completely incoherent to the viewers. It's better to speak slowly and enunciate clearly than to speak quickly and jumble words together, which I am very much guilty of.
7. Don't be nervous. No one is going to think you're stupid no matter what happens. If you say something weird on accident, or you trip and fall, don't worry. The chat will just laugh it off, and it's important you don't let it get to you.

It's also a good idea to have some donation incentives prepared beforehand, like eating some weird sandwich or co-commentating with your pet (if you have one of course.) If you can't think of anything, that's okay too. I believe there are a few games with donation incentives, such as MegaKidIcarus's Final Fantasy stuff, so just plug those if nothing else.

gendarmeofficer
04-25-2013, 05:32 PM
If I may offer some advice as well, I'd suggest studying up on the games being played during your commentating shift. You never know when someone in the chat might ask what's going on, and offering little tidbits of trivia regarding the game(s) being played can get the chat talking when it enters a lull.

Ice
04-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Someone had mentioned a question about streaming:

So for streaming GB and GBA games there is really only 3 options for direct feed (which excludes like digital cameras fixed on the GB ect)
1) Using a capture card and a Gamecube GBA player. This will allow you to play GBA games and feed it to your capture card which then can be routed through xsplit/obs to twitch.

2) DS fat internal capture card. The old NDS had a GBA slot built in so some people have bought a capture card for that which can then be hooked up via USB.

3) Emulator and screen capture. (obviously abide by copyright laws)

That's all I really know of in terms of game capture for gameboys/GBAs. I hope this helped! If anyone has a question about streaming or using xsplit or obs you can feel free to PM me! I've been crazy busy but I'll try and get back to you asap.

Blaumagier
04-27-2013, 01:24 AM
Dunno if you meant to omit it, but there is also the Super GameBoy for the Super Nintendo. It is incompatible with GBC-only and GBA games, however.

Sonic62
04-27-2013, 02:07 PM
So, are these a lot better than FMLE? I have not kept up with these things. :?:

JasefWisener
04-27-2013, 02:15 PM
So, are these a lot better than FMLE? I have not kept up with these things. :?:

For me personally, yes. Although, I was never a big fan of FMLE.

JaggerG
04-28-2013, 01:51 AM
As I understand it, FMLE is pretty CPU friendly, but you can only use one video source, and can't screen capture directly. XSplit is very CPU-intensive, but lets you capture multiple regions of the screen in addition to direct game/camera sources, letting you customize the layout easily. OBS is only compatible for 7 (someone said once maybe Vista?) and up, but it's as versatile as XSplit and less of a resource-hog. My 8-year old laptop can run FMLE (much to my astonishment a year ago), but is too outdated to run the others. :^(

I think audio sources are a hassle regardless. Settings and setups vary from streamer to streamer.

MegaKidicarus
04-28-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm making a google Spreadsheet for incentives. if your game has an incentive please tell me. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArPydfnf4wTtdENWZERKOFJQVW10eDRnM05vdi1Bc Wc&usp=sharing)

Kennyan
04-28-2013, 11:19 AM
If the people who will be commentating during my games have any questions about them I could provide some notes..

gendarmeofficer
04-28-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm making a google Spreadsheet for incentives. if your game has an incentive please tell me. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArPydfnf4wTtdENWZERKOFJQVW10eDRnM05vdi1Bc Wc&usp=sharing)

Just a heads up, for the incentives to name stuff, it might be a good idea to state the character limits for each game. I'd also like to mention that LttP has a 6 character limit for its save files.

untuxable
04-29-2013, 09:25 AM
I don't have any incentives for games, but I do have some for my commentary shift. I was going to do fanfiction readings (reminiscent of Squint), as well as possibly dressing up depending on how much is raised total before my shift. Like, if 1000 dollars was raised before my shift started, then I'd wear a button down and a tie, and if 1500 was raised, I'd wear a full tuxedo. I don't know what the donation goal is though, so I can't really put exact values to that.

JasefWisener
04-29-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm going to set the donation goal at $1000 like I did last year. I'd LOVE to get more than that (I think last year we made around $1300?), but I think $1000 is reasonable for a community marathon.

Again, though, surpassing that goal would be the best.

Alxamei
04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm still debating what my commentary incentives will be as well. I've been planning to do song requests, (If I can find a place where my family won't yell at me for singing at midnight), and other than that I don't know. I'm hoping to find more creative ideas to do besides that as well.

MegaKidicarus
04-29-2013, 10:57 AM
So I just screwed up preparing my ff2 save by forgetting the blood sword. at least I still have a save after my grinding. hell empior is a butt to kill without blood sword

untuxable
04-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Alr
I'm going to set the donation goal at $1000 like I did last year. I'd LOVE to get more than that (I think last year we made around $1300?), but I think $1000 is reasonable for a community marathon.

Again, though, surpassing that goal would be the best.

Alright then, if there's $700 raised by my commentary shift, I'll do the button down and a tie. If we reach the goal (maybe within a coupla hundred bucks) I'll do the full tuxedo. Atleast I think it's a full tuxedo, it might just be a nice suit that looks like a tuxedo.

Dellyflo613
04-30-2013, 03:19 AM
After doing a couple of runs of Pocky and Rocky with Becky, I noticed that it is only going to take me about an hour to beat it. So, I have decided to make things more interesting. As a donation incentive, I will play through the hard mode of the game in the time I have left. Fair warning though: the hard mode for this game is very difficult, and there is most likely going to be extreme failure at certain parts during the run.

Instead of playing Wizards and Warriors X, (which I feel would get boring to watch real fast, since I would have to start from the beginning of the game every time I got a game over), I will be playing a game called Lady Sia in its place, which I am hoping will not take more than one shift to finish and should be more fun to watch.

If by some chance I manage to beat both of these games and still have time left over, I was thinking about doing a little variety showcase of some of the Game Boy and Game Boy Color games that I own.

PokemonCheese
04-30-2013, 04:34 AM
Gonna post some of the commentary incentivies that had ideas for. Y'all can approve or disapprove of what you think would be good and bad.

1) Donations for Halloween Costume. Pretty much gonna let you guys decide what Halloween costume I go in to the Halloween Marathon in October. I'll narrow down some choices, but I'll let y'all have an all out bidding war for that.

2) Fish Sticks and Vanilla Pudding. Donation goal for the whole entire shift. FISH FINGERS AND CUSTARD. All you Doctor Who fans better donate for that. >.>

3) Cute Kitten being Cute! So, there's this cute kitten at my best friends house and she's quite adorable. So adorable that she wins the internet. So like donate and I'll find the kitten and show it on camera. DO IT.

4) Crazy Dancing and Songs. Like 1 dollar just for a song to be played, 3 dollars for it to be sung, and 5 dollars for additional crazy dancing happy fun time.

If y'all want to take some ideas as well, feel free!
Just some ideas that I'm throwing out there. If anybody wants to chime in and help me, please do!

JasefWisener
04-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Gonna post some of the commentary incentivies that had ideas for. Y'all can approve or disapprove of what you think would be good and bad.

1) Donations for Halloween Costume. Pretty much gonna let you guys decide what Halloween costume I go in to the Halloween Marathon in October. I'll narrow down some choices, but I'll let y'all have an all out bidding war for that.

2) Fish Sticks and Vanilla Pudding. Donation goal for the whole entire shift. FISH FINGERS AND CUSTARD. All you Doctor Who fans better donate for that. >.>

3) Cute Kitten being Cute! So, there's this cute kitten at my best friends house and she's quite adorable. So adorable that she wins the internet. So like donate and I'll find the kitten and show it on camera. DO IT.

4) Crazy Dancing and Songs. Like 1 dollar just for a song to be played, 3 dollars for it to be sung, and 5 dollars for additional crazy dancing happy fun time.

Just some ideas that I'm throwing out there. If anybody wants to chime in and help me, please do!

Cheese, you da best.

MalkanorBek
04-30-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm still thinking of incentives to go by. I want to be a little different but nothing too outrageous.

Luckily when I told my mom about this (was refraining because she was never into video games and complained any time she saw me play a video game), she already told me she wants to donate at least a hundred dollars. Then she's going to tell her friends about it too. Hopefully that should get more donations pouring in.

Wolf of Storms
04-30-2013, 04:44 PM
I've got a donation incentive for me playing Super Mario Advance. We could have donations going into each of the four playable characters sometime before then and whoever gets the most I've got to stick with that character throughout the whole game.

Sangome
04-30-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm glossing over the list of games being played and trying to see what donation incentives that we could derive from those, and I'm just gonna pick some off as I go along. Forgive me if any of these have already been mentioned as incentives, I've been reading the thread but I have a really bad memory. XD

~ Fire Emblem: Similar to Wolf's suggestion, donate for a certain team of characters to be used throughout the game, maybe? Could also donate to have the strategist/tactician named as well [assuming Blazing Sword is the one being played -- I only really know about that and Awakening], though it's got rather limited characters.

~ Megaman Battle Network 4: I feel like something could be done for this too, though I'm not sure what. I thought maybe donating to see, say, a buster-only run of some sort, but that would probably take way too long and knock everything off kilter.

~ Pokemon Blue: Donating for the PC/Pokemon names, of course~ A tried and true incentive method. _awesome_

Well poo I thought I'd have way more than these.

JasefWisener
05-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Hey guys! We're only about 9 days from the start of the marathon! What I need you guys to do is start promoting! While this is just a community marathon, we still want to raise as much money for Make-A-Wish as possible!

Here's a shorter link to our website so that you don't have to use the super-long url in tweets/facebooking/etc.: bit.ly/ZW8ysp

Thanks for all your help!!

Kennyan
05-01-2013, 01:53 PM
How I wish the practice run I just made was the real one.. 3h 25m and only two deaths.. Almost everything felt like it went perfect, if only someone else had been here to see it..

Kennyan
05-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Sorry for the double..

Anyway, donation incentives:
Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite! - Character Name (7 char limit)
Oracle of Seasons/Ages - Character Name (5 char limit)

From the look of things Seasons/Ages will be linked so the winning bid covers both games..

Ice
05-02-2013, 10:31 AM
I play Blue late on Sunday, but of you want to add starter/rival/red name to the donation incentives, I'm more than happy to do so!

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Gamer David
05-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Well since we're getting close to the start and no one else seems to be interested, would it be ok if I took another gaming slot or two? I have a few other games that I wouldn't mind showing off a bit and might be able to come up with a few donation incentives for.

Heufneutje
05-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Do we know what donation system we're using yet? I would love to get HeufyBot to help us again :3

JasefWisener
05-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Well since we're getting close to the start and no one else seems to be interested, would it be ok if I took another gaming slot or two? I have a few other games that I wouldn't mind showing off a bit and might be able to come up with a few donation incentives for.

I'll be glad to put you down, but remind me next week. Finals and stuff right now and I don't want to deal with that schedule at the moment haha.

Do we know what donation system we're using yet? I would love to get HeufyBot to help us again :3

Most likely, Local's going to take care of that. I'll know more next week.

MattThePatrat
05-02-2013, 07:03 PM
I was bored today, so I decided to write a quick promotion song. I consider myself a novice songwriter, so it might not be the best, but I tried. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqi0gq7Ki0o
I'll also send out tweets and stuff.

Kennyan
05-06-2013, 11:06 AM
So I'm consistently beating Seasons in under 4 hours and with Hamtaro being near 1 hour I have about an hour extra for my shift, maybe more. So unless someone is planning to play it as their main game, would it be okay if I filled out the gap with some Golden Sun?

JasefWisener
05-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Website is complete, gaming and commentary login info has been sent out, chat ops are modded, prizes are on the website, and the schedule is complete.

ALMOST TIME GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Dellyflo613
05-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Well, just managed to finally find the time to do a Lady Sia run. With showing off all the dialogue, along with it being my first complete playthrough, it took me a little under 6 and a half hours to beat. I am hoping to polish the run before I play it on Sunday, but even if I am not able to, I am still certain that it won't take me longer than 2 shifts to beat it, I hope.

On a more positive note, I somehow managed to get my Pocky and Rocky with Becky run, (Normal mode and Hard mode), down to a combined total of about an hour and 20 minutes. As for the donation incentive for this game, I was thinking about making it so if we reach a certain amount by the start of my first shift, which is when Pocky and Rocky with Becky is going to be played, I will do a hard mode run of the game immediately after the normal mode run. Only problem is that I really don't know what a good goal would be. I was thinking maybe somewhere between $100 to $200 since I am playing the game within the first day of this marathon, but I wanted to run it by everyone here first before I finalized the amount.

If I have some time left over, I was thinking about playing some Pokemon Puzzle Challenge and Pokemon Pinball. I have other games I could show off as well, but those are the two games I can think of at the moment that would be fun to watch.

untuxable
05-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Managed to beat all 3 of my games within 2.5 hours the other day on stream (even with that stupid glitch with the Final Boss of Frogger), so I can either have some filler or give the time to whoever is streaming next if he/she needs it.

gendarmeofficer
05-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Right now, it's looking like the main deciding factor of how long my run is will be whether or not Moldorm cooperates with me. Everything else should be a piece of cake, I've got the dungeons memorized well enough to be able to run through them quickly, and none of the other bosses really give me too hard of a time, especially in the Dark World.

That said, in case Moldorm does decide to be a butt, Punkle, do you mind me possibly taking some extra time to finish my run? Granted, whether I need the time or take advantage of it will depend on where I'm at in the game by the time you're scheduled to go on. I won't ask to be allowed to keep going if I'm not at least at Ganon's Tower by midnight, so don't worry about me taking like an hour of your time or something.

Iron Punkle
05-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Right now, it's looking like the main deciding factor of how long my run is will be whether or not Moldorm cooperates with me. Everything else should be a piece of cake, I've got the dungeons memorized well enough to be able to run through them quickly, and none of the other bosses really give me too hard of a time, especially in the Dark World.

That said, in case Moldorm does decide to be a butt, Punkle, do you mind me possibly taking some extra time to finish my run? Granted, whether I need the time or take advantage of it will depend on where I'm at in the game by the time you're scheduled to go on. I won't ask to be allowed to keep going if I'm not at least at Ganon's Tower by midnight, so don't worry about me taking like an hour of your time or something.

I don't mind... The Castlevania Adventure definitely won't take the whole three hours to beat, so I should have some time to spare.

Reozen
05-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Oh man one more day this is going to be awesome.

JaggerG
05-09-2013, 07:44 AM
I figure Metroid Fusion Jagger% is a pretty good incentive. I'm gonna do a 1%, using the standard route, but Jagger% has a LOT more pizazz. My time estimate is about 1:45.

For a higher donation goal, I might also do 100%. I'm not sure if that's gonna be a problem though, because it takes almost 2 hours. I asked for Monday at 3am, and nobody's scheduled for 6, so that might actually be fine.

Ice
05-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Nothing sounds better to me....than Jagger% ^

Quick question: would it be possible for us to get the login for the donation widget, I would love to read off donation comments!

[ Post made via iPhone ]

untuxable
05-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Quick question: would it be possible for us to get the login for the donation widget, I would love to read off donation comments!

Come to think of it, will there be a person/people available to tell the commentators what the donation comments say? Some donation incentives depend upon the commentators knowing what the donators are requesting, such as songs to sing or fanfics to read aloud in funny voices.

MegaKidicarus
05-09-2013, 02:12 PM
I figure Metroid Fusion Jagger% is a pretty good incentive. I'm gonna do a 1%, using the standard route, but Jagger% has a LOT more pizazz. My time estimate is about 1:45.

For a higher donation goal, I might also do 100%. I'm not sure if that's gonna be a problem though, because it takes almost 2 hours. I asked for Monday at 3am, and nobody's scheduled for 6, so that might actually be fine.
how much should each be.

MalkanorBek
05-09-2013, 09:30 PM
I was also wondering about the whole Donation Comments thing will work, since a lot of incentives for commentators might rely on the comments. I personally just wanted to know if my mom donates or not, like she told me she would. :P

jakepeter
05-09-2013, 11:42 PM
So, after finally finding time to do a MMBN 4 Blue Moon run I found I can get to about the first round of the Second Tourny and with another three hours I am just about finishing the final tourny, but that means I still have the rest of the game left which I assume would be another hour maybe (Haven't tested this part, only have had time for the beginning, busy college student here lol) My time also depends on a who I face in the tourny's. Since I have only one spot at the beg. I would definitely not mind filling in for any game time where I can be awake without repercussions for _awesome_

[strike:ccncvf13]But I am just about to test out the stream, I will edit this post when I confirm I have it working.[/strike:ccncvf13]
I am good, XSplit is deciding to tolerate me :D

gendarmeofficer
05-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Also, in regards to how commentators will keep track of donations, how will gamers who have donation incentives in their streams be informed of donation totals and winners of bidding wars to name stuff?

Gamer David
05-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Ok, now that everything is set in stone I have my donation incentives set as well:

Gaming

Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones
Choice between Eirika's or Ephraim's Route: whichever one gets more donations will be the one chosen

Donate for me to use specific characters, make sure to include how to recruit them in the donation comment. This will be limited to about 8-10 characters total

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
Donate for starter and partner Pokemon, each one will be a separate donation pool. This will need to be cut off early so I have time to get the chosen starter without wasting stream time.

Donate for starter and partner names, each one will be a separate donation pool. Can be running concurrently or started after the starter and partner are picked

Donate for rescue team name, Pokemon and Team names are all 10 characters maximum IIRC.

Commentary

I'm gonna keep most of them a surprise for my shifts but these two are definatly going to be going on throughout both of my shifts :P

Have a game you've wanted to see someone stream but no one does? Ask me in the chat during one of my shifts and if I have it, donate for me to play it sometime after the marathon. Games will be played in highest to lowest donation order

If I manage to get a combined total of $50 during my commentary shifts I will finish the games I play during the marathon on my own stream

Any other ideas will be listened too and considered so don't be shy.

JasefWisener
05-10-2013, 11:15 AM
HEY COMMENTATORS AND GAMERS! Incentives will be tricky, but I'll do the best I can framing them around my commentary shifts. MegaKidIcarus has been keeping track of them on a google spreadsheet. That link is somewhere in this topic, but it'd be great if he could repost that link. That's what I'll be using, and we'll just have to communicate to each other how things are going.

As for the donation comments, unfortunately I'll be the only one with access. That said, I'll be in the chat a ton and I'll let the commentator know if we get comments so he or she can read those off. I might give the mods that login info so tht they can help out with it too. The ONLY reason I'm not giving it to everyone is that I just feel better not going out donors' personal info to everyone.

If y'all need me desperately, Twitter is probably the quickest way.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Heufneutje
05-10-2013, 11:17 AM
I got my bot up and running for this marathon if people want to use him. The most useful command he has right now is !log which will let you view the chat log for that day. You can also use !log <yyy-mm-dd> to get the log for a specific date. It's not much, but I hope he will be of use ^^

localretard
05-10-2013, 11:21 AM
I don't know if the donation system will work with multiple people logged in to the same account at the same time as well. I need to test that.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

gendarmeofficer
05-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Here's a link to the spreadsheet with the donation incentives on it. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArPydfnf4wTtdENWZERKOFJQVW10eDRnM05vdi1Bc Wc&usp=sharing)

untuxable
05-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Just 5 hours out.

I think having a handful of trustworthy mods to relay donation comments would work great. Chances are, atleast one will online at any given time, so commentators shouldn't have a problem getting song/character names/story requests. The only other issue is how the mods/commentator will communicate, but that can just be left up to the commentator.

MattThePatrat
05-10-2013, 01:43 PM
I probably should have posted this earlier, but here are my commentary incentives. My shifts are 3am-6am Saturday and Sunday mornings. Hopefully someone will be there.
Incentive 1: During my first shift, I will be writing song lyrics. For a $5 donation, you can write a line of the song. Must be Gameboy/Video Game related.I would like for all the lyrics to be written by the community, but that depends upon the number of donations, After my shift is over, I will work like a madman to write the music and record the song. I will then premier the song on my next shift.

Incentive 2: I will find every T-shirt I own and for every $5 donation I will put on another T-shirt. This incentive will carry over to my next shift, so if I end my 1st shift with 5 shirts, I'll start the 2nd shift with 5 shirts. I hope to have many layers by the time this is over. (Note: if you donate to write lyrics, you can also use the $5 to choose a shirt.

Incentive 3: 2nd shift exclusive- I happen to be able to do pretty good voice impressions. Donate $10 and choose a video game (or movie I guess) character and I will make a YouTube video of myself doing an impression of that character.

If I come up with any other ideas, I'll announce them during my shifts. So, please stay up for this. I don't want to be lonely.

MegaKidicarus
05-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Incentives are up to date. Jasef If you will PM me on facebook whenever I need to update an incentive/give me the email to add you to editing the doc that would be nice.

Dellyflo613
05-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Just wanted to give one final update before this starts:

Pocky and Rocky with Becky: As of now, it looks like I will be able to beat both modes in anywhere between 1-2 hours, but I still want to make the hard mode run a donation incentive. So, after thinking about what would be a reasonable goal, I have decided to do this: if we reach $150 by the start of the shift this game is going to be played, (3PM-6PM on Saturday), I will do a playthrough of hard mode immediately after finishing the normal mode run.

Lady Sia: For this game, it looks like I will be able to finish it in about 3-4 hours with showing off all of the dialogue. The only things I can think of that could make this run take longer than it should is a glitch in one level that makes it so the puzzles don't work and/or activate properly and a very annoying blind jump in another level.

What that now means is that I am most likely going to have more filler time than I initially thought I would, and I really don't know what I would want to play in the left over time. So, I was thinking of making the filler game I play a bidding war, with the games being played in order of highest to lowest donation amount. Not really sure how that would work though, or if it will even work at all for that matter, so feel free to let me know if you have a better suggestion on what I could do to pick a game.

The games I was thinking of playing as filler are:
[spoiler:z17q4v4m]Pokemon Pinball
Power Quest
ESPN International Track and Field
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge
Shrek Fairy Tale Freakdown
Mario Kart: Super Circuit[/spoiler:z17q4v4m]

untuxable
05-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Commentary incentives:

-If the donation total is over $700, I'll wear a nice button-down shirt and a tweety-bird tie for my shift. If it's reached $900 or above, then I'll wear the nicest thing I can find in the house, which I believe is either a full suit or an actual tuxedo.

-If a person donates $5, they can pick a fanfiction for me to read in an epic/funny voice. If the story has characters, I'll probably let the chat choose what voice to use for each character if the donator doesn't specify.

-I'm working on getting a speech jammer ready for donations, but I'm not sure how well I can get it to work right now. I'll keep you posted.
EDIT: Speech Jammer is up and running, though I can't figure out if I'm immune to it or not.....so I guess I'll just get back to you again.

At some point, I'll probably bring in my cat to co-commentate, because why not.

Alxamei
05-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Oh, for commentary incentives?
For my shifts for 12-3am both Sunday and Monday:

1. A $5 donation will have me sing a song of your choosing.
2. For my first shift, I plan on having a vote on which of my three cosplays I'll wear for the next shift, the highest amount donated towards one of them wins, the options being
a)Pikachu
b)Dennis the box (From the youtube series "The Sora Show")
c)Crow(From "Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon")
And other than that I might think up a random incentive on the fly for different goals.

MalkanorBek
05-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Since I'm so early in the morning for most people, I don't think I'd hear the donation comments for any incentives I'd have. I think I'll create things off the top of my head, and once I reach a certain amount (such as 5 dollars), I'll do it. :3

Ice
05-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Hype-O-Meter set to MAX...

MalkanorBek
05-10-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm so happy we've already made it to 50% of the goal in 3 hours

the1stpkmnfan
05-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Probably late, but I'd like to take incentives for the name of my character for Power Tour. It goes up in 3 hours, and you can pick either a male or female name to go for whichever character.

Stonepaw
05-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Wow just got back from work and it's already at 50%!

The incentives my sister and I are planning:

1. Song duos
2. Three things on a spoon
3. Whatever else we/the chat come up with.

JasefWisener
05-10-2013, 09:59 PM
You guys are totally awesome. We're just getting started, though, so let's keep going all weekend!

<3

Sonic62
05-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Nice, you guys work fast!

JaggerG
05-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Maybeeeee $50 for Jagger% Fusion, $100 for 100%?

Reozen
05-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Knarf donated most of it.

the1stpkmnfan
05-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Just finished Mario Tennis: Power Tour, and boy did I plow through it. Had fun playing it for y'all!

Sangome
05-11-2013, 01:37 AM
We're completely decimating this goal so soon and I love it.

Great job so far everyone~! <3

Heufneutje
05-11-2013, 03:39 AM
It's been awesome so far. 75% of our goal already and we're only 10 hours in :D

MalkanorBek
05-11-2013, 08:14 AM
The Donation button was down for a few hours, but it came back and I think we made up for lost time. :3

MalkanorBek
05-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Sorry for the double post, but did we just reach our goal in only 20 HOURS?!?!?!?!!

Yeah, we did.

Sangome
05-11-2013, 01:39 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/e2c365315b843bd695a4a1b53bfc5492/tumblr_inline_mmnfwi8Nwk1qz4rgp.gif

Heufneutje
05-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Congrats guys! Sorry I'm missing all of it ;-;

JasefWisener
05-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Alright guys! We dominated that first goal, so let's see how high we can go! The new goal is $1500, and we've still got SO MANY PRIZES ETC for you allllllllllll.

nickyv917
05-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Sorry Jasef and Co., but my computer is acting really bad right now, and I don't think I'll be able to play Pokemon Trading Card game. Sorry, and congrats on knocking out the goal.

JasefWisener
05-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Alright guys, here's the dealio. If you've been watching the in-house stuff any, you know there's been internet problems. I got off the phone with Charter for the third time this morning, and we figured out the issue. The problem now is that it won't get fixed until tomorrow morning. So, what I'm going to do is have someone cover the in-house commentary tonight (S/O TO STONEPAW FOR COVERING THIS MORNING), and we're going to extend the marathon by a little at the end, adding more of an in-house shift as well as letting me play Ages since I won't get to today. I'm totes sorry this happened, but it was out of my control.

In happier news, as of right now, we're about to reach our first stretch goal of $1500!! If we reach it soon, I'll get our goal upped to $2000, so thanks to everyone who's helped!

Sonic62
05-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Sucks about the internet, I know how that feels. At least donations are going very well.

Sangome
05-12-2013, 12:48 PM
It is too bad that Charter's been a poophead, but I'm so happy with everyone completely stamping through all of our goals! Shows how fierce we are. :D

Reozen
05-12-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm glad we beat the last two donation goal and I'm sure we'll get $2000 before the marathon is over.

MalkanorBek
05-13-2013, 04:51 PM
We made it to 2k guys. I'm so proud of all the donators <33

Wolf of Storms
05-13-2013, 07:26 PM
So, in all, gotta say, that was an awesome community marathon and I'm honored to have been part of it as one of the many gamers. Kudos to all the other gamers along with all of the commentators, kudos to all the donators who helped to crush our goal by double, and of course major props to Jasef for organizing all of this. You rock, dude, and I'm sure I speak for many when I say that I look forward to future community marathons. =D

Gamer David
05-13-2013, 07:42 PM
All I can say is WOO-HOO, We had and awesome time, broke 3 GOALS, gamed and commentated awesomely and we're all around just plain awesome. High-fives and group hugs all around for the greatest group of people I have had the pleasure to know. And for one last time #GETHYPE

Sangome
05-13-2013, 07:50 PM
SO this was pretty much AMAZING and I had such a blast! I got to see and meet so many awesome people and I'm very happy for that~ You all are awesome and I'm so glad to be here <3

JasefWisener
05-13-2013, 07:51 PM
OH MAN!

I can't even believe how awesome all of you guys are. When we first started this, I didn't even expect that we'd get $500. When we reached that at the end of the first shift, I just knew that this was going to be incredibly successful. We reached $1000 in 20 hours, $1500 in 44 hours, and $2000 in a little over 72 hours. It was, without a doubt, my favorite community marathon that I've ever been a part of.

Even with all the technical issues with Charter being the worst, you guys stepped up and covered for me when I needed it. I want to especially thank the backups: Stonepaw, Gendar, David, Sonic62, and AnythingButAwesome. IF I MISSED ONE OF YOU, I AM SO SORRY PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!!! I really want to thank all of the gamers, commentators, donators, chatters, cookers, honkers, workers, bananas, torpedoes, Alaskan wildlife, and everyone else who had even the smallest part in making this marathon as great as it was.

THANK YOU TSG COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.twitch.tv/gbecommentary/c/2280793

gendarmeofficer
05-13-2013, 08:01 PM
This was my first time participating in one of these marathons, and I must say, it was incredibly fun. I can't believe that we managed to reach 3 separate goals, and yet we did and I am proud to have been a part of this. Also jasef, I'm glad I was able to help out a bit more than I expected to. I hope that should we do this again next year, I can do even more to make things as great, or even greater than this one was.

Alxamei
05-13-2013, 08:17 PM
I had a ton of fun as well! Would definitely commentate again in any future streams!

MattThePatrat
05-13-2013, 08:24 PM
I had tons of fun this year! We blew that goal out of the water! I sure hope we can do this again next year!!

JaggerG
05-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Congratufreakinglations y'all! You guys did such a great job. I enjoyed the poop out of it.

jefferlope
05-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Oh man, this marathon was the most fun I've had since.. well, since the last community marathon. Huge thanks to everyone who gave up their time and energy (and sleep) into making this weekend incredible. I got to meet tons of wonderful people on top of getting to hang out with wonderful people I've met before. I got to rock out to some amazing singers as well as some not-so-amazing singers. I got to rage about pennies and learn a thing or two about the best sleeping positions.

10/10 Would watch again.

I knew that if I kept claiming that the Link pillow was mine, then the universe would believe it to be true.

Ice
05-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks for everything guys! It was tons of fun, see you all at the next one. (Gamecube-a-thon?)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/darkceo/Frankerz.png

Blaumagier
05-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Another great console-a-thon, Josef. I don't want to chose between my favorite of the. So I'll just say I had a blast once again!!!

Dellyflo613
05-14-2013, 12:58 AM
Wow... I don't even know where to begin. This marathon was just a blast to watch and I am glad that I was actually able to play in it this time. It was fun watching all of the commentators do crazy things as well as the gamers playing their awesome games. I am still shocked and amazed that we not only managed to just decimate the original $1000 goal, but we also destroyed the $1500 goal and got past the almost elusive $2000 goal as well. I am sad that I missed the beginning and end of the marathon, but nether the less, I enjoyed every minute of what I saw.

Heufneutje
05-14-2013, 01:28 AM
This marathon was the best one so far. I mean, the SNESFest and the N64 Galore were amazing but this one was just beyond amazing. I am proud of each and every one of you and I loved being a part of this. Great job everyone! And whatever marathon is happening next May, I'll be there ^^

MegaKidicarus
05-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Each of my your Marathon's had there epic moments for me. for this it was raising as much as we did. for N64 it was the zelda oot race (can we do a race again?) the snesfest it had some of my favorite games.

Apple314
05-14-2013, 06:30 AM
That was amazing! I can't believe how much we raised! All the players and commentators did a fantastic job, and I enjoyed every minute!

the1stpkmnfan
05-14-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm beyond words to use to describe this marathon. Y'all blew up the donation goals and got us over 2k for Make a Wish. Unbelievably incredible! Well done to everyone involved!

PokemonCheese
05-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Dude this marathon was really amazing. I had a great time hanging around in the chat and watching everybody commentate and everything. So happy that was got 2k for Make a Wish! It's been unbelievable and this has totally been one of my favorite marathons, going down in history. Let's go on a highlight spree and highlight everything guys! KEEP THE WHOLE MARATHON!

TheSpeedGamers
05-14-2013, 10:22 AM
You guys are incredible!

MalkanorBek
05-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I had so much fun this marathon! It was my first time involved with one, and I can't believe I was commentating. You guys were so supportive, and I can't thank you all enough for how much fun it was, and how much money we raised. :3 I really hope we have a new marathon next year. It will be just as fun, if not more.

AlanEdgeHead
05-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Can't wait for the next system themed Jasef Marathon! I'll always be down to help!

knarfelyk
05-14-2013, 02:11 PM
This marathon was incredibly fun. Glad I was able to do my small part in reaching some of those goals. Now to start saving monies for the FF marathon.

Reozen
05-14-2013, 02:32 PM
This marathon was so much fun and we raised so much can't wait until next year it'll be even better. Right now I'm looking forward to the Final Fantasy marathon next month it's going to be awesome.

spn_phoenix_92
05-14-2013, 05:36 PM
This was an amazing marathon, I was honored to be a part of it. I hope everyone enjoyed me & PokemonCheese's commentary, some crazy stuff man. :lol:

diddyknux
05-14-2013, 07:00 PM
I forgot this happened. :( Oh well, last weekend was just really busy. Congrats on a good marathon, though.

Reozen
05-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Sorry that you missed it Diddy, what you could do is watch the awesome highlights that Jasef will probably make later this week.

JasefWisener
05-15-2013, 06:43 AM
I "saved forever" all of the commentary shifts (except for Monday's...someone tweet at me and remind me later today), so you can go to twitch.tv/GBEcommentary and look at past broadcasts. I also highlighted Ice's Pokemon Blue speedrun (THAT WAS INCREDIBLE) at twitch.tv/gbegaming.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Emptyeye2112
05-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Jasef, would it be possible for you to also highlight my Metroid II run from Sunday afternoon (I believe it was from about 3 to 4:30PM) on gbesecondary? That was a personal best for me. :D

JasefWisener
05-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Jasef, would it be possible for you to also highlight my Metroid II run from Sunday afternoon (I believe it was from about 3 to 4:30PM) on gbesecondary? That was a personal best for me. :D

Sure thing! http://www.twitch.tv/gbesecondary/c/2287476

Stonepaw
05-15-2013, 11:49 AM
What a great marathon!

Sisterpaw and I have tons of fun commentating and I had a lot of fun watching the games and other commentary shift.

Sisterpaw and I would love to help out again if/when another community marathon happens.

mayday22
05-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Someone tell me who won the Link Pillow so that I can [strike:yci14zvs]STEAL IT FROM THEM[/strike:yci14zvs] become their best friend and [strike:yci14zvs]molest[/strike:yci14zvs] snuggle it.

Kennyan
05-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Does this mean we have to get over $2014 for next year?

Also if possible highlight my Oracle of Seasons run.. It's not very remarkable, but it was the first time I got under 3 hours so it would be nice..

JasefWisener
05-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Does this mean we have to get over $2014 for next year?

Also if possible highlight my Oracle of Seasons run.. It's not very remarkable, but it was the first time I got under 3 hours so it would be nice..

Glad to! I'm busy at the moment, though, but I don't want to forget. Can you log in on twitch with the gbegaming info and highlight it? _awesome_

the1stpkmnfan
05-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Jasef, is there any way you could highlight a part of my Power Tour run? You don't have to get it all, but could you capture the final match of the Island Open? You'll know what it is when you see me facing against the red/blue looking characters.

MegaKidicarus
05-15-2013, 03:03 PM
is can you highlight my ff2 bonus area.

gendarmeofficer
05-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Can you also please highlight my LttP run on the secondary channel? With this being my first marathon, I want to be able to remember my main contribution for a while.

Kennyan
05-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Glad to! I'm busy at the moment, though, but I don't want to forget. Can you log in on twitch with the gbegaming info and highlight it? _awesome_Alright, done..

Emptyeye2112
05-15-2013, 08:32 PM

Sure thing! http://www.twitch.tv/gbesecondary/c/2287476

Thanks so much! Hopefully I'll be beating that time soon. :)

Reozen
05-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Someone tell me who won the Link Pillow so that I can [strike:1y5j4jjj]STEAL IT FROM THEM[/strike:1y5j4jjj] become their best friend and [strike:1y5j4jjj]molest[/strike:1y5j4jjj] snuggle it.
I know Crysagee wanted it too everyone would probably go to Jasef's and steal the awesome Link pillow.

jefferlope
05-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Someone tell me who won the Link Pillow so that I can [strike:1ds7o6ha]STEAL IT FROM THEM[/strike:1ds7o6ha] become their best friend and [strike:1ds7o6ha]molest[/strike:1ds7o6ha] snuggle it.
I know Crysagee wanted it too everyone would probably go to Jasef's and steal the awesome Link pillow.
Jasef, I think you had better put that pillow under maximum security. Also, you should be sure to keep the winner's address secret for their own safety, WHOEVER THAT WAS.

*darts eyes side to side all shifty-like*

JasefWisener
05-16-2013, 06:51 AM
Hey if y'all want Jefferlope's address to totes stalk him and/or steal the pillow, I'm fo sho yo guy.

Haha jk lol lol

[ Post made via iPhone ]

MalkanorBek
05-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Remeber Jeff, you're stealing that pillow away from Bed. Beds get super cranky without their pillows.

Heufneutje
05-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Better make it up to her Jeff :P

JaggerG
05-16-2013, 01:27 PM
someone's jelly

untuxable
05-16-2013, 05:47 PM
someone's jelly

...expired jelly.

MalkanorBek
05-16-2013, 07:42 PM
I taste like olives.

Seriously I still have that stuff and I don't know what to do with it. I kind of want to keep it until I've eaten every last olivey bite.

Sangome
05-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Careful now, don't go giving yourself botulism or something. [strike:1kuibj18]Because if that happened then how else will you steal the pillow from Jefferlope?[/strike:1kuibj18]