PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. 4

Sonic62
06-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Just shown for E3, we now know it'll be out in 2014. The new characters are "Villager" from Animal Crossing and Mega Man.

What did you think of what we saw?

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

the1stpkmnfan
06-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Megaman is a great surprise, and I'll happily welcome Villager into the group.

This was a really good looking game. Although the 3DS' graphics looked a bit flaky. I hope that improves later on. But other than that, I can't wait! Next year, baby.

Amaterasu
06-11-2013, 08:54 AM
I'm really excited about Mega Man being a part of Smash Bros 4.

Twister468
06-11-2013, 09:15 AM
I want to play as the villager so bad.
The Mega Man intro surprised me. I never thought that was going to happened.

Meta289
06-11-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm crying right now. This is a big moment.

KEM64
06-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Mega Man is in the next Smash Bros. YES! I'd like to see Sonic return so he and Mega Man can finish their battle from their "Worlds Collide" crossover.

It'll be interesting to see what other characters will be in the game.

I wonder if Sakurai will have a weekday update thing like with Brawl.

MalkanorBek
06-11-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm very happy. I plan to get both versions on Wii U and 3DS and do everything possible. Mega Man looks interesting, and I'm glad he finally got in, but I might try out this new Villager too.

As long as they have Marth (my main), I will play this every day.

diddyknux
06-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Mega Man is in the next Smash Bros. YES! I'd like to see Sonic return so he and Mega Man can finish their battle from their "Worlds Collide" crossover.

It'll be interesting to see what other characters will be in the game.

I wonder if Sakurai will have a weekday update thing like with Brawl.

I too would like Sonic to return, but its much to early to speculate characters.

Sangome
06-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Best part of the Direct. So happy to see Megaman. ;___;

Wonder if we're gonna get version-exclusive stages. 3DS one had Spirit Tracks whereas the Wii U one had Skyloft.

JaggerG
06-11-2013, 10:08 AM
If they're looking to make it less competitive like they said for SSBB, they could just put in Kratos like they did on Smash Bros. All-Stars on PS3/Vita.

GrimsChild
06-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Seeing Mega Man duck in a video game broke my soul in two.

Everything else seems fine. Any news on whether they'll be a dojo for it?

Shiron
06-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Not sure. For now, there is this though:
http://www.smashbros.com/

Meta289
06-11-2013, 12:55 PM
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=204716

2014 GOTY

Amaterasu
06-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Why is Wii Fit Girl in Smash Bros?

Muzy72
06-11-2013, 12:57 PM
WII FIT GIRL BAHAHAHAHA

Sangome
06-11-2013, 01:02 PM
wat

DNAbro
06-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Yeah that's weird. Makes me worried for the rest of the roster. Regardless looking at those screens on the website makes me want to buy my own Wii U right now. Like damn it looks good.

Meta289
06-11-2013, 01:07 PM
I, for one, think that the Wii Fit Trainer is hilarious. I'm not worried about the game one bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ#aid=P-_6kKFPkbY

In depth gameplay footage. Goes into more detail on the three newcomers.

Sangome
06-11-2013, 01:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQB8cJTCgrI

Okay nevermind Wii Fit Girl just won E3.

Vaati33
06-11-2013, 01:24 PM
New main: Wii Fit Girl

XModxGodX
06-11-2013, 01:32 PM
I really hope this isn't the only character in the game that comes out of nowhere like that. Now we need something like this:
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz261/KTH-SSBB/SSBB%20Pics/Shigeru%20Miyamoto/RSBE01-192_zps0d6bfe91.png
And no this isn't in SSB4... (not yet at least)

JaggerG
06-11-2013, 02:33 PM
My biggest concern is their piece on the triplets born in '86. "So here's Link, Pit, and Samus. Samus gets an upgraded character model Look at these sleek lines and speedholes. Pit gets different moves and is based more off of Rising. Look at him use these moves to knock link out of frame. Okay, let's talk more about Animal Crossing."

Zelda-bashing confirmed for Smash 4. ;>_>

DrewStern
06-11-2013, 03:07 PM
I hope they bring Sheik back to promote OoT3D. Also I hope they tease abit of Majora's Mask 3D (Assuming it is out there...) with mask-like moves for Link.

Shiron
06-11-2013, 03:13 PM
If Link has new moves from anything, it will probably be stuff from A Link Between Worlds, since that will be the newest Zelda game at that point. But I'm really just expecting them to keep things fairly standard with the Boomerang, Sword, and Bombs and such.

Trust, Me I Got This
06-11-2013, 03:30 PM
If they're looking to make it less competitive like they said for SSBB, they could just put in Kratos like they did on Smash Bros. All-Stars on PS3/Vita.
Or they could just put in Metaknight again

Also am glad there is at least 1 other peson who though the 3DS versions graphics looked quite off.

For the new characters; Cool, MegaMan is finally in, but seriously Wii Fit Trainer Girl and Villager are two of the most uninspiring characters ever. Hopefully Nintendo are just getting the shit characters out of the way.

Mr. Olimario
06-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Or they could just put in Metaknight again

Also am glad there is at least 1 other peson who though the 3DS versions graphics looked quite off.

For the new characters; Cool, MegaMan is finally in, but seriously Wii Fit Trainer Girl and Villager are two of the most uninspiring characters ever. Hopefully Nintendo are just getting the * characters out of the way.

I couldn't disagree with you more, and I fail to even see any lack of inspiration. In fact, the Villager is incredibly interesting. His combos are entirely dependent on what smash you start with, and that makes the character take a lot of planning. Also, the fact that he can store projectiles adds a whole different dynamic to the game. It looks like he'll have a decently high skill-cap because of these things. The Wii Fit Trainer has VERY fluid movements with powerful smash moves-- she reminds me of Zero Suit Samus in that regard. Every attack is quick and deliberate, and it makes her extremely useful.

As for the whole 3DS graphics thing, of course they looked "off." It's a weaker console. Nintendo could have just accepted that and had an ugly game, or they could have tried for a different art style. I think it looks really good, actually.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw characters like Mii, Little Mac, Girahim and Chrom revealed in the coming months.

Trust, Me I Got This
06-11-2013, 04:07 PM
I guess uninspiring was the wrong word. I was trying to say that they were very bland inclusions when you think of many other Nintendo characters that could be added which would be interesting and bring something new in terms of gameplay.

I'm not comparing 3DS graphics to Wii U, the games graphics look ugly when compared to say, Luigi's Mansion 2.

Also, did anyone see the Villager trip in the Nintendo Direct trailer? I guess tripping is confirmed to be back?

Mr. Olimario
06-11-2013, 04:17 PM
^Sadly, yes. Sakurai really wants to keep the series casual. I have no idea why, when it seems they've started to accept the Pokemon competitive scene.

Shiron
06-11-2013, 04:17 PM
I guess uninspiring was the wrong word. I was trying to say that they were very bland inclusions when you think of many other Nintendo characters that could be added which would be interesting and bring something new in terms of gameplay.

I'm not comparing 3DS graphics to Wii U, the games graphics look ugly when compared to say, Luigi's Mansion 2.

Also, did anyone see the Villager trip in the Nintendo Direct trailer? I guess tripping is confirmed to be back?
I really think of it the other way around myself though. The fact that they're willing to even include characters like the Wii Fit Trainer in the first place and they're using slots on completely random stuff like that gives me a very good feeling that they're really going to go all out and include all kinds of characters in this game. I mean, if they were going to be conservative with this stuff, no way would stuff like the Trainer be any more than an Assist Trophy at most. But the fact that she's an actual character instead gives me a good deal of confidence that Nintendo's just going to go crazy with the characters in this one. Only one way to find out though, I suppose (unfortunately, just playing the waiting game and seeing what ends up happening).

And in any case, characters like the Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager and stuff like Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. and stuff are the characters I absolutely love the most--just completely random stuff that Nintendo somehow manages into fully fleshed out characters anyway. I mean, just being able to take characters like that, and be able to somehow create fully-realized movesets for them for a fighting (or whatever you want to call it) game like Brawl shows a good deal of creative thinking and inspiration. I mean, making a moveset for a character like Link or Bowser or something? Easy peasy. A character like the Wii Fit Trainer on the other hand? Now that's more of a challenge!

Plus, that kind of thing is all just in good fun regardless. Yeah, it's silly, but that's the whole point in the first place! xD Plus, managing to kick your friends butts with a completely nonsensical character like the Wii Fit Trainer just adds that much more insult to injury and just makes it all the more fun and stuff! Again, yeah, it's completely silly and nonsensical and stuff, but at least to me, that's what makes those type of characters so much fun in the first place and is part of why such characters are among my favorites in previous SSB games.

JaggerG
06-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Before post-sniped:
[There's a boxing ring stage, so not so farfetched.

Also about promoting OoT3D, there's a Gerudo Valley stage in there.

As for Link updates, it looked like the old TP bombs, although I'm not sure if that item pouch on his hip is from TP. I instantly thought SS, and that made the most sense to me as the most "modern" looking Zelda game.

The Trainer and Villager may be uninspiring characters to you, but think about it. Since the very first game, they used a driver from a racing game as a playable character. Nobody ever complains about Captain Falcon being "uninspiring" anymore. Villager seems to have a VERY interesting moveset, given his role in his respective games. As for the trainer, I get the feeling they really felt like challenging themselves to pull effective gameplay out of such generic concepts. If you think about it, the very first game had been based around the concept of make believing that some dolls came to life and fought each other. Its design is primarily driven by imagination and creativity. You don't play pretend by mimicking things you actually do in real life. So their ragdolls from the toybox don't fight each other by headbutting and body slamming each other. I have a really boring imagination, but I enjoy playing the result of theirs.

I'm not sure about the tripping, though. A lot of the characters in the gameplay footage look very unchanged. I figure they're copying over the coding from SSBB and altering it as they go, so things may change later. At least, I hope they change. Smash hasn't really done mere roster/level updates a la Madden. They're likely going to change at least SOME gameplay mechanics.]

Okay about tripping specifically:
It's dumb, and hurts casual players even more than competitive players. It's counterproductive to eliminating the competitive scene. Also trust me, Metaknight's nothing compared to Kratos. Metaknight had plenty of cons that people underestimate. Casuals just try to parrot pros to act like they're veterans or something. Yeah, he's too good on the upper levels, but I can dominate a scrub Metaknight any day using Link, because I actually learned him, and I certainly don't consider myself tourney level.

Trust, Me I Got This
06-11-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm completely shit at fighting games, but I was still able to deal with scrubs who used Kratos in All Stars. IMO Sackboy was way more OP than Kratos.

Speaking of All Stars, why did everyone lambaste Sony when they added some "obscure" characters to it, but if Nintendo add in "obscure" characters such as Villager and Wii Fit Trainer Girl, they are applauded for it?

JaggerG
06-11-2013, 04:37 PM
If you're pessimistic, you might say it's because Sony fanboys are cynical of everything, and Nintendo fanboys are just blind and eat up everything they're given.

About Sackboy, I haven't played much of it, and haven't played strangers online, so I hadn't been sure. He looked like he had HUGE potential for shenanigans, but he seemed really difficult to use for me at least. But the balance ranges from that, Kratos' absurd range, speed, and damage output, and Sir Daniel almost sometimes KOing someone. My casual friends thought it crazy enough that I got any KOs at all using him, but I had a pretty decent consistency against them.

Shiron
06-11-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm completely * at fighting games, but I was still able to deal with scrubs who used Kratos in All Stars. IMO Sackboy was way more OP than Kratos.

Speaking of All Stars, why did everyone lambaste Sony when they added some "obscure" characters to it, but if Nintendo add in "obscure" characters such as Villager and Wii Fit Trainer Girl, they are applauded for it?
Did people really complain about that? I didn't really follow that game too closely myself, but from I did and can recall, I thought most of the complaints circled around stuff like how many third-party characters like Big Daddy managed to make it in over characters from Sony's own IPs and characters associated with PlayStation systems and other than that stuff like Light and Dark Cole as two separate characters and stuff. I suppose there was some degree of shock over Fat Princess making it in at first, but that's about it I think (and the people complaining over that were indeed silly for the same reason--using characters like that is half the fun) and I think most of the complaints over Fat Princess quickly subsided for those other types of complaints once more of the roster was revealed. But like I said, I didn't follow that one too closely, so I'm not really sure of that stuff.

Trust, Me I Got This
06-11-2013, 05:04 PM
It wasn't really complaining. It was more like non Sony fans making fun of the game because Fat Princess and Nariko were in the game, and acting like Smash didn't have it's share of random characters.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

the1stpkmnfan
06-11-2013, 05:35 PM
At first, when I saw Wii Fit Trainer, I was all "wat. A waste of space"

but when I saw her in action.... "OMG, THIS IS HILARIOUS. AWESOME. WELCOME TO THE GROUP."

Yeah, never judge a book by it's cover. :P

Amaterasu
06-11-2013, 06:00 PM
At first, when I saw Wii Fit Trainer, I was all "wat. A waste of space"

but when I saw her in action.... "OMG, THIS IS HILARIOUS. AWESOME. WELCOME TO THE GROUP."

Yeah, never judge a book by it's cover. :P

My thoughts exactly. When I heard that she was a part of the roster, I was like "WTF?", but when I saw her trailer, I instantly liked her being in there.

...I'm still probably going to main Mr. Game & Watch though, although Mega Man would be interesting to try. Ditto with Villager.

dryuriev7777
06-11-2013, 06:06 PM
stuff
This has nothing to do with anything you've said, but we should battle each other again once this game comes out. I always really enjoyed fighting you and Kumquat, and since she's no longer around I'LL JUST BUG YOU YEAH!

Mega Man seems like an interesting character to get used to based on what I saw from the Sakurai developer video. I'm also really interested to see if they use the Zelda/Shiek combo again or separate them into Zelda and Impa.

ALSO WHERE IS PALUTENA JEEZ SAKURAI GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

ALSO ALSO WII FIT TRAINER IS MAI WAIFU! FEEL THE BURN!

ZebraGoomba
06-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Game&Watch 5ever

I honestly thought the WiiFit Trainer had an interesting looking playstyle. I'm at the very least interested at giving her a shot. I'm generally better with the weird characters like Wario and Game&Watch. Also, after seeing that in-depth gameplay video, I'm much more interested in playing around with the Villager's moveset.

Meta289
06-11-2013, 06:31 PM
The trip is one of Villager's attacks. From what we've seen, actual tripping is gone.

notmman
06-11-2013, 06:39 PM
I guess the girl isn't a miss fit.

Thankyou, thankyou I'm here all week.

But yeah, Smash Bros 4 looks graphically beautiful for the Wii U (I actually like the 3DS version too) and the characters are definately unique. Comparing this to Melee which had a lot of clone characters, I like the route they are going with this one: introducing main series characters with unique fighting styles. That's what we saw a bit of in Brawl and I hope to see it again in SSB4

DNAbro
06-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Yeah I love the new characters. Wii Fit Girl looks so entertaining to use.

KEM64
06-11-2013, 06:57 PM
When I heard that the Wii Fit Trainer was confirmed, I thought it was a joke. Guess not.

I can't even watch her fight without laughing over the ridiculousness of it. I'm sure laughs will be had with her.

MalkanorBek
06-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Man, I wish I could move like the Wii Fit girl. She can attack people with Yoga. YOGA. I really want to try her our, just to see what it's like. I just hope her place doesn't take away someone else's place. There were more Nintendo characters I would have liked to see, but she's still a fire cracker.

pkGamerB
06-11-2013, 10:19 PM
This game is looking pretty cool so far. Looks like Nintendo heard the fanboys' cries from last time, and added Mega Man into the fray, but I'm not complaining. I like how they're implementing the robot master weapons as both his standard and special attacks, rather than giving him some generic fighting style with the Mega Buster being his special moves (and I love that he has the old school look and sound effects). Kinda makes me wish they had given Samus more of her powers from the games, like the Ice Beam or Speed Booster.

As for Villager and Wii Fit Girl, they came out of nowhere, haha. I haven't actually played they games they're in, so I'm somewhat indifferent to them in that sense, but they do both look fun to use. I hope we get someone from Golden Sun as a playable character. Preferably Isaac or Felix, but I'd be happy with Matthew from Dark Dawn, too.

Portable Smash Bros. sounds good in theory, but we'll see how it turns out on 3DS. Hopefully it's not heavily touch screen based.

Trust, Me I Got This
06-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Anyone think Tom Nook will be a playable character? He looked at Villager's invitation quite suspiciously.

Also, the more I look at the 3DS version, the less I want it. God, I'm probably going to shell out for a Wii U just for one game -.-

Mr. Olimario
06-11-2013, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't be too surprised. He's in EVERY Animal Crossing game.

KEM64
06-13-2013, 02:13 PM
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205175

Here's something that Smash Bros. fans will like: Sakurai has confirmed that the next Smash Bros. games will not have tripping.

Sangome
06-13-2013, 02:48 PM
I get the feeling that I'll probably end up getting both versions of this game eventually. I'm a huge fan of the series and own every entry so far, so this probably won't be too different. Whatever version exclusives each will have will probably determine which one I gun for first, though.

Speaking of which, I already know Sakurai said that certain stages will be exclusive to each game [the Wii U one will have the home console based stages while the 3DS has the handheld based stages], but I wonder if the same is true for characters? I noticed on the official site and in the reveal trailers that the Villager and Wii Fit Girl have no footage or screenshots of them in the 3DS version, whereas everybody else does [including Megaman]. It'd make sense for Wii Fit Girl to be Wii U only, but not so much the Villager, since Animal Crossing has had multiple games for both consoles and handhelds.

pkGamerB
06-13-2013, 03:45 PM
It's a bit ambiguous the way Sakurai worded things regarding the characters. He says something along the lines of "both games will have the same number of characters, but some of the stages will be different". Initially, I interpreted that as him implying the characters in both versions would be the same, but now that you mention it, there could very well end up being exclusive characters for each one. I hope not though, because then I'd probably end up buying both versions, too.

I wonder if the two versions will be compatible at all. Probably not with the exclusive stages and possibly characters, but it'd be cool if they were. It would be such a Nintendo move to have a trophy that you can only get if you have both versions/know someone who has the other version.

Trust, Me I Got This
06-13-2013, 05:59 PM
It's a bit ambiguous the way Sakurai worded things regarding the characters. He says something along the lines of "both games will have the same number of characters, but some of the stages will be different". Initially, I interpreted that as him implying the characters in both versions would be the same, but now that you mention it, there could very well end up being exclusive characters for each one. I hope not though, because then I'd probably end up buying both versions, too.

I wonder if the two versions will be compatible at all. Probably not with the exclusive stages and possibly characters, but it'd be cool if they were. It would be such a Nintendo move to have a trophy that you can only get if you have both versions/know someone who has the other version.
I think they said they were trying to make it so you could fight against people on Wii U even if you were playing on 3DS. Or in other words, a carbon copy of what you can do on Vita/PS3 with All Stars. But they mentioned this feature a long time ago and I haven't heard anything since, so whether it will ever be implemented it unknown.

Muzy72
06-13-2013, 06:01 PM
The Wii U and 3DS versions of the new Super Smash Bros. will not feature cross-platform play, director of Sora Ltd. Masahiro Sakurai tells Joystiq. Since each version of the game has completely different stages, cross-platform play wouldn't work, he told us through an interpreter. Each version will interact with one another, however, as announced back in 2011. Specifically, players will be able to take characters they've customized and transfer them to the Wii U version.

He wouldn't elaborate on exactly what those customizations are, saying only that they won't be costumes and they won't be something that players have to unlock through repetitive tasks. Different costumes, he said, would take away from what makes each character unique. He also wanted to avoid boring, repetitive tasks, while Sora works to produce a "stress free, easy connectivity" between the two versions.

When asked if the level editor would return, Sakurai gave us a "no comment."
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/wii-u ... -play-wil/ (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/wii-u-and-3ds-smash-bros-will-not-have-cross-platform-play-wil/)

Sakurai confirmed to Joystiq that the Wii U and 3DS versions of SSB4 will interact, but not through cross platform play. You will be able to customize characters in the 3DS version and then send it to your Wii U. We don't know what kind of customizations he's talking about, but they won't be simply cosmetic changes it seems.

Trust, Me I Got This
06-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Ehhhh that's lame. If All Stars could do it, surely the superior Nintendo version could do it. Even with different stages, you could surely make it work by only letting 3DS players play against Wii U players on the shared stages.

I guess no cross platform play is another strike against the 3DS version. Goddamn you, Nintendo! You're going to force me to buy a Wii U just for this game!

EDIT: Just saw that the game will not be using touchscren controls. +1 to the 3DS version.

EDIT: You can also change the title for the topic. The games are now called Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.

Absolutely shit names.

diddyknux
06-13-2013, 06:49 PM
I would argue that those are probably just working titles. At least, I really hope they are.

Shiron
06-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I really doubt those will be the final names. The same way the next Halo on Xbox One probably won't end up simply being called "Halo" in the end. I mean, they both could be going the "new iPhone" route, but I doubt it.

Trust, Me I Got This
06-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I really doubt those will be the final names. The same way the next Halo on Xbox One probably won't end up simply being called "Halo" in the end. I mean, they both could be going the "new iPhone" route, but I doubt it.
I don't know, they were pretty much confirmed as the titles.

AnythingButAwesome
06-13-2013, 08:17 PM
I hope wii fit trainer is OP and gets banned from all the tournaments.

About the villager, I wonder if they were thinking about putting the balloon fight guy in the game. I bet there will be one 8bit character like ice climbers or pit in previous games.

[ Post made via Android ]

Trust, Me I Got This
06-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Also, Ice Climbers have all but been confirmed to return, as in an interview Sakurai said they were having trouble with getting characters that use multiple people such as Ice Climbers, to run properly on 3DS.

We should get a confirmed character/stages list going on the first post.

Muzy72
06-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Sakurai confirmed that the titles are SSB for _____. It's official ya'll

DrewStern
06-13-2013, 08:40 PM
I'd love to see a DigDug/Galaga themed stage in this game. Just imagine all the arcade madness!

notmman
06-14-2013, 06:31 AM
We should get a confirmed character/stages list going on the first post.

Lemme help you out with that.

Here are the stages:

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/994782_542945489080574_774590495_n.png
Name: Battlefield
Universe: SSB
For: Wii U[/spoiler:23fg2w41]

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1010731_542945645747225_305846013_n.png
Name: Smashville II?
Universe: Animal Crossing

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p206x206/1005860_542945492413907_1591901029_n.png
Name: City from City Folk
Universe: Animal Crossing

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p206x206/5752_542945465747243_1199375125_n.png
Name: Arena Ferox
Universe: Fire Emblem
For: 3DS[/spoiler:23fg2w41]

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p206x206/375580_542945505747239_752614907_n.png
Name: Battlefield
Universe: SSB

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969459_542945512413905_1730202999_n.jpg
Name: Boxing Ring
Universe: Either Punch Out!! or Kirby

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/600289_542945522413904_63934369_n.jpg
Name: Dr Wily's Castle
Universe: Megaman

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969204_542945552413901_1683265603_n.png
Name: Gerudo Valley
Universe: Zelda

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/p206x206/969083_542945562413900_1561796293_n.png
Name: Mario 3D Land Stage
Universe: Mario

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p206x206/7167_542945575747232_411804594_n.png
Name: Nintendogs Living Room
Universe: Nintendogs

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/p206x206/969207_542945605747229_1440654935_n.png
Name: Skyloft

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p206x206/1010517_542945629080560_124055510_n.png
Name: Spirit Train

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/998907_542945642413892_615529337_n.png
Name: ?
Universe: Mario

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/p206x206/968921_542945682413888_1399259980_n.jpg
Name: Wii Fit training room
Universe: Wii Fit

[spoiler:23fg2w41]http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p206x206/425221_542945729080550_2000099751_n.png
Name: ?
Universe: Donkey Kong Country
For: ?[/spoiler:23fg2w41]

the1stpkmnfan
06-14-2013, 06:53 AM
[spoiler:3okqcqju][spoiler]http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969459_542945512413905_1730202999_n.jpg
Name: Boxing Ring
Universe: Either Punch Out!! or Kirby
For: Wii U[/spoiler:3okqcqju]

BROFIST

Sangome
06-14-2013, 01:37 PM
[spoiler:gax5y6ev]http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p206x206/5752_542945465747243_1199375125_n.png
For: 3DS[/spoiler:gax5y6ev]

Oh man, I didn't notice this! Really hoping we get some Fire Emblem announcements soon. Chrom's pretty much a given, but I'm really hoping Lucina turns up because she's awesome.

ZebraGoomba
06-14-2013, 01:40 PM
[spoiler:3vmthiaa]http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p206x206/5752_542945465747243_1199375125_n.png
For: 3DS[/spoiler:3vmthiaa]

Oh man, I didn't notice this! Really hoping we get some Fire Emblem announcements soon. Chrom's pretty much a given, but I'm really hoping Lucina turns up because she's awesome.

But, as you can see from some screenshots, we've already got Kellam. 2 characters would be one thing, but 3 characters would definitely be pushing it.

Sangome
06-14-2013, 01:51 PM
But, as you can see from some screenshots, we've already got Kellam. 2 characters would be one thing, but 3 characters would definitely be pushing it.

Oh. I thought that was the statue of the goddess that I saw in Skyloft. Guess I overlooked him.

ZebraGoomba
06-14-2013, 01:52 PM

Oh. I thought that was the statue of the goddess that I saw in Skyloft. Guess I overlooked him.

Then again, who doesn't?

Trust, Me I Got This
06-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Notm, I think that the boxing ring stage is actually a Smash creation and isn't part of the Punch-Out or Kirby universes. The big smash logo being on the canvas pretty much confirms it.

notmman
06-14-2013, 05:31 PM
The thing that's clear is that a lot of these are either unconfirmed or speculation (for example, I doubt the Mario stage would actually just be named Mario 3D Land Stage) so some of them will change as time goes on.

And now for the characters:

Mario, Bowser, Link, Pit, Samus, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Pikachu, and Fox are all CONFIRMED Veterans. Villager (Animal Crossing), Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man are all CONFIRMED Newcomers.

AnythingButAwesome
06-14-2013, 06:24 PM

It took me way too long to get that joke.

Trust, Me I Got This
06-15-2013, 03:39 AM
Might as well throw in Ice Climbers as confirmed as Sakurai mentioned having problems implementing them for 3DS.

DrewStern
06-15-2013, 06:29 AM
I have a feeling that the city from City Folk and the village are in fact the same map...

notmman
07-14-2013, 03:07 AM
Olimar confirmed, kinda expected him to be honest.

[ Post made via Nintendo 3DS ]

the1stpkmnfan
07-14-2013, 11:28 PM
No surprise. I didn't even pay attention to the new characters with the absence of Olimar in Pikmin 3. From what I've seen.

KEM64
10-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Guess who got confirmed in today's Nintendo Direct?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/01/ ... smash-bros (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/01/sonic-coming-to-smash-bros)

Sonic is returning to the next Smash Bros., and he's bringing a Sonic Lost World level with him as a stage.

Also characters confirmed in this game since the last post of this topic....

-Luigi.
-Peach.
-Toon Link.

the1stpkmnfan
10-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Sonic Heroes theme was played when Sonic appeared.

I am a happy camper.

diddyknux
10-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Finally, we get the trifecta of Mario, Sonic, and Megaman that people had wished would be in Brawl.

the1stpkmnfan
10-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Is there possibly a 4th iconic character we can throw in with Mario, Sonic and Mega Man? Unless that 4th spot can be filled by any other character whose acceptably iconic.

KEM64
12-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Today's Nintendo Direct had a new trailer of Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U that revealed a new character....

[spoiler:28vw8mpk]Rosalina has been confirmed to be a character.[/spoiler:28vw8mpk]

MalkanorBek
12-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Can I just say about this new character, I adore them. Really, I'm glad to see them in it. And in HD. Man, it's so beautiful. I usually main as Marth or Link (I like swords I guess) but I really think I might switch over. Even if they are terri-bad.

I know I'm a fan-girl, but I don't care. _awesome_

Trust, Me I Got This
12-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah, Smash Bros. totally needed more Mario characters.

pkGamerB
12-20-2013, 01:21 AM
I'm excited for the game because I love the series, but I'm pretty underwhelmed with all of the new characters announced so far, bar Mega Man. They don't necessarily look bad from a gameplay standpoint, but rather, I don't really care about any of them, even though they're all from well known games. I'll give them Villager, since the Animal Crossing series is such a wildly popular Nintendo IP, but Wii Fit Trainer and the newest revealed character (should I spoiler tag stuff for a game like this?) leave a little to be desired. Especially the latter, due to all of the other Mario characters in the game already.

diddyknux
12-20-2013, 01:39 AM
I'm cool with it. It kind of reminds me of when Injustice came out, people complained about the number of Batman characters... but the reason there were so many was because people like Batman characters. And the same is true here. A lot of people like the Mario series characters.

Sangome
12-20-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm pretty meh on the newest reveal as a character [probably because I never finished the game], but welcome her still because I want more ladies to kick butt with.

Speaking of which, I'm waiting for the Zelda/Sheik reveal any minute now...wonder if she'd be using her Skyward Sword design or if they'd go for a more all-encompassing one like they seem to have done with this game's Link? [Though some say he's TP Link but he doesn't really look it to me? Or maybe I'm just dense. He doesn't look like SS Link at any rate]. Or maybe we'll finally see that unused data from Brawl put to use and actually get Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik this time around. [Or even Toon Zelda/Tetra.]

KEM64
02-13-2014, 04:50 PM
A new Nintendo Direct that just ended revealed that Little Mac from Punch-Out! is the newest fighter.

Meta289
02-13-2014, 08:59 PM
I swear to god, if Little Mac doesn't have an orange palette swap that I can call Mac & Cheese, I'm going to be so disappointed.

FlibberMagee
02-17-2014, 03:54 PM
That reveal trailer for Little Mac was really cool, seems like a character I might use quite a bit.
So, as far as we know, is this game still coming out in 2014? I haven't seen anything that says otherwise, but it wouldn't be too surprising if it was delayed I think.

KEM64
02-22-2014, 04:14 PM
In time for the release of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze in the U.S. and Europe, Diddy Kong has been confirmed as a playable character.

OmniSlacker
03-27-2014, 07:27 PM
Better have John Cena

KEM64
04-05-2014, 01:07 PM
A new Nintendo Direct that's going to be about Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U is on Tuesday at 6PM Eastern.

KEM64
04-08-2014, 05:30 PM
All right, the Direct is over. Here's the new information:

-Release Launch Window: 3DS version is Summer 2014, Wii U version is Winter 2014. These are launch windows, they might change.

-3DS Version is 60 FPS even in 3D. Pokeball Pokemon and Assist Trophies only move in 30 FPS though. Palkia confirmed as a Pokemon that comes out of the Pokeball and Samurai Goroh is returning as an Assist Trophy.

-Differences between versions: Different Stages, Each 3DS Stage has 2 Songs. Wii U version brings back the "My Music" feature from Brawl.

-There will be Connectivity between the 3DS and Wii U versions. But what wasn’t shown.

-New Stages: Rainbow Road, Balloon Fight, Jungle Japes (Melee) (3DS). Windy Hill Zone, Wii Fit Studio, Palutena Temple, Halberd (Brawl) (Wii U). Each version has different Past Stages.

-Yellow Devil appears in Wily Castle and can be fought. Explosion upon defeat can damage fighters.

-Ridley appears in Pyrosphere as a hazard like Yellow Devil.

-Online: Wii U has online (With Friends or With Anyone matches). 3DS has online as well.

-With Anyone has For Fun and For Glory modes.

-For Fun Mode has Random Stages, All Items, Smash Battles only, and only wins are recorded.

-For Glory Mode has No Items, Final Destination only, and wins and losses are recorded.

-Against Friends allows you to set rules.

-Final Destination: Almost all stages have a Final Destination Mode.

-Online names linked to Nintendo Network IDs. You can report troublemakers (like cheaters, people who are starting but not playing, people who do nothing but self-destruct their character, frequent dropping, targeting specific players and more). You will get penalized if you wrongfully report players who aren’t causing trouble though.

-Scoring Competition for Solo Play. Global Smash Power (Higher Power, the stronger the player. For Example: Smash Power of 300,312 says that player is better than more than 300,000 people).

-Items: Beam Sword, Bumper, Pow Block, Beetle, Fire Bar, Back Shield, Bombchu, Fairy bottle, Ore Club, X Bomb, Hocotate bomb, Rocket Belt, Steel Diver (A gun shaped like a submarine).

-Assist Trophies: Andross, Devil, Knuckle Joe, Saki (from Sin & Punishment), Lyn, Nintendog, Waluigi, Dr. Wright, Skull Kid, Mother Brain, Midna, Ashley, Dark Samus, Chain Chomp, Isabelle, Elec Man, and….Color TV- Game 15 (looks like a Pong screen)?

-Pokeball Pokemon: Rare and legendary Pokemon come out from Master Ball like Arceus. Other Pokeball Pokemon include Meowth, Electrode, Eevee, Staryu, Metagross, Fennekin, Meloetta, Gogoat, Entei, Deoxys, Palkia, Kyurem, Victini, Keldeo, Xerneas.

-Information on the Returning Fighters: Samus still has Zero Laser for Final Smash. But her Power Suit doesn’t fall apart this time. Zero Suit Samus does return as a separate fighter this time.

-Zero Suit Samus has jet boots and an improved recovery.

-1 of Zelda’s moves summons a Phantom. It can be reflected, though.

-Zelda can’t turn into Sheik this time, but….

-Sheik is back as a separate fighter and has 2 new moves. The Burst Grenade, and Bouncing Fish.

-Kirby can charge his hammer (but will take damage if you charge it too much and don’t use it). Final Smash is Ultra Sword.

-King Dedede throws Gordos only now.

-Lucario’s Aura is stronger. Too much power can be bad though (You might accidentally overshoot the stage while recovering). Lucario can Mega Evolve.

-Olimar can only have 3 Pikmin. Pikmin are plucked in fixed order. Winged Pikmin are now recovery (It can be affected by having Pikmin, though. The Winged Pikmin are carrying Olimar and whatever Pikmin he has).

-Pit lost his ability to glide. He has been powered up though. Three Sacred Treasures are Final Smash.

-Yoshi is returning. He now stands upright.

-Info on the revealed Newcomers: Rosalina can send Luma to fight separately and call him back. Rosalina has Star Bits as an attack. Launch Star is recovery. Gravitional Pull pulls in items. Power Star is final smash.

-Little Mac: Attack Power on Ground is very powerful. Not so much in air though. Recovery is weak (Uppercut that looks like Luigi’s Super Jump, but not as good). Pow Meter fills when attacking or getting attacked. Full Pow Meter unleashes KO Uppercut (a 1 hit KO to anybody it hits). Final Smash is Giga Mac. Wireframe Mac from Arcade Punch-Out!! is alternate costume.

-Villager: Final Smash is Dream Home where the Nooks build a home for the target and it sends them flying.

-You can have Custom Move Sets (but they can’t be played online with Anyone).

-Smash Run: A new Mode for the 3DS Version only. Basically Super Smash Bros. version of Kirby Air Ride’s City Trial.

-Enemies from different series appear in Smash Run. They will be different each time you play.

-Charizard confirmed as a new character (A Separate Character this time. No Pokemon Trainer was revealed).

-Greninja is confirmed as a new character.

-Charizard can Mega Evolve.

That's all the information from the Direct.

diddyknux
04-08-2014, 05:40 PM
I approve of these.

ZebraGoomba
04-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Seeing yet another alternate costume gets my hopes up for more. I doubt it would ever happen, but it would be great if all fighters had them. Well, a bunch of them anyways. That's a bit more realistic.

No comment on anything else because, well, what can be said? That was incredible. I expected it to be kind of boring at the beginning and ending with an epic newcomer reveal and maybe some talking about some cool game modes somewhere in between, but we got FAR more than that.

One question, I kind of didn't understand; did Sakurai explain Mega-Evolution or did he just let us know that it was there?

Meta289
04-08-2014, 06:31 PM
My body wasn't ready for this.

Seeing yet another alternate costume gets my hopes up for more. I doubt it would ever happen, but it would be great if all fighters had them. Well, a bunch of them anyways. That's a bit more realistic.

No comment on anything else because, well, what can be said? That was incredible. I expected it to be kind of boring at the beginning and ending with an epic newcomer reveal and maybe some talking about some cool game modes somewhere in between, but we got FAR more than that.

One question, I kind of didn't understand; did Sakurai explain Mega-Evolution or did he just let us know that it was there?

Mega Evolutions are most likely Final Smashes.

KEM64
04-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Also from the Direct:

-Find Mii Stage (probably for the 3DS Version).

-Mega Man's Final Smash....

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7001/13726008703_fe531d549b_o.gif

Yes, that is Mega Man X, Mega Man EXE, Geo Stelar (in Mega Man form), and Mega Man Volnutt with the Blue Bomber.

DwarfInASuit
04-08-2014, 06:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FNFBdGR.gif

Seriously though, bringing back the spirit of City Trial made me shed a loving tear. I can't wait to drop out of school because of it.

ZebraGoomba
04-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Funny enough, I said about three times to my brother, "Woah, it's just like City Trial!" and then Sakurai confirmed that it was inspired by City Trial. (Off topic, but there NEEDS to be a Kirby Air Ride 2)

Meta289
04-08-2014, 09:48 PM
A bunch of goodies from press kits: https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/sets/72157643678092364/

Look at all of those items.

Notable new items that weren't in the Direct:

Tanooki Tail
Treasure Chest
Drill Arm
Special Flag
Bullet Bill
That eye turret thing from Kid Icarus: Uprising that I don't remember the name of
Blue Shell (hoo boy)
Beehive (Cue the Nicolas Cage jokes)
Magic Boomerang
Galaga enemies (could be an Assist Trophy, but the screenshots are included with the regular items, and not with the ATs)

Returning items:

Screw Attack
Franklin Badge
Lightning
Stopwatch
Warp Star
Food
Heart Container
Super Scope
Explodey Crate
Hammer, also in Golden flavor
Lip's Stick
Pitfall Seed
Smoke Ball
Sping
Team Healer
Deku Nut
Mr. Saturn
That fireball thing from Mario that I can't remember the name of
Banana Peel
Freezie
Soccer Ball
Unira

Whew.

notmman
04-09-2014, 05:22 AM
Seeing Mr.Saturn and the Franklin Badge all but confirmed the return of Ness for me (not that I doubted he wouldn't make it in the first place). I will admit to being a little disappointed that Ridley is just a stage boss, but it's still awesome to see him in the game (that and stage bosses are a neat concept).

KEM64
04-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Oh boy, I can imagine the fan reactions to the Blue Shell being in the game. But thankfully, unlike Mario Kart, you at least have the option to turn it off in the Item Settings.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=225862

It looks like the Kalos Pokemon League from Pokemon X & Y is a new stage.

zach2m1
04-23-2014, 12:29 AM
At first when I saw gameplay footage of Smash 4 on the 3DS and Wii U I was honestly skeptical. At first I thought it was going to be an HD version and polished version of Brawl (which personally I would detest, but that's beside the point). Anyways, after carefully watching the release of characters over the last couple of months I think that what Sakurai and Namco Bandi are really doing some work to make the new Smash game a beast of its own. After the Nintendo Direct conference I felt a lot better about the game. It looks like that it will have more elements of brawl but it shows that they are putting a real effort to make it balanced, more fast paced and action packed. Again I am skeptical because in Brawl's trailers they increased the power of the characters they were showcasing before the game came out. However I have faith in Nintendo and Bandi. I really hope this game is something special. I am so going to play For Glory mode to death ^.^

Meta289
06-10-2014, 11:25 PM
I'm still in awe from today. Pac-Man really looks like he will be my main this time around.

diddyknux
06-11-2014, 11:17 AM
I like that they decided to make Pac-Man a love letter to other Namco arcade games, as Mr. Game and Watch is to.. well, Nintendo's Game & Watch series. But if one of his attacks isn't a Dig Dug reference, I'll be sad.

Sangome
06-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Really ticked that the 3DS one got delayed to October after an initial release window of summer, but if it means the game is the best it can be, then I suppose I'm all for it in the end.

Sonic62
06-15-2014, 04:07 AM
Anyone else attend a Smash-Fest at Best Buy? I went yesterday.

pkGamerB
06-15-2014, 07:07 PM
I wanted to, but didn't get a chance. How was the game, and did you get to try out both versions?

Sangome
06-16-2014, 12:19 PM
I wanted to, but no Best Buy within feasible driving distance was doing it. =/

KEM64
07-11-2014, 03:49 PM
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=232938

A Trailer that's going to reveal a new character is going to be shown on Monday at 7AM Pacific Time. The trailer of this new character will be shown on the Smash Bros. site.

KEM64
07-14-2014, 08:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW6TpZPYd58

Lucina and the player avatar (going by the default name of Robin) from Fire Emblem Awakening confirmed to be playable. Like the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, you can play as a male or female Robin. Chrom also makes an appearance, it looks like he's part of Robin's Final Smash.

Also, Captain Falcon is confirmed to be returning in the gameplay footage showing off Robin.

Oh, and the Pic of the Day today has Rayman....as a trophy (a normal trophy, not an Assist Trophy).

diddyknux
07-14-2014, 11:11 AM
To think we went from the Fire Emblem characters almost being taken out of the international release of Melee, to now having 4 Fire Emblem characters to play as. Not a complaint, mind you, they seem really cool.

Sangome
07-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Lucina being in this game makes me deliriously happy. She was the character I wanted the most and I literally started screaming when she showed up.

Robin's really interesting, too. Glad I can play as lady Robin as well.

ZebraGoomba
07-14-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm incredibly excited here. Not just because these two are awesome and that Awakening is one of my favorite games, but also because this is a huge curveball. Now there's room for real speculation again since this is the first time the Gematsu leak has been straight up wrong. Sure, it missed Rosalina, but there's a huge difference between leaving out a character and being straight up wrong about one being in it. But the best part is, this doesn't mean Shulk and Choir Boys (or Chorus Kids or whatever, everyone calls them something different) aren't in; it just means there's more room for guessing without feeling like everything is already known. I'm still surprised that there are 4 FE reps, which I know is going to cause a ton of rage in some circles, but I'll tell, you, I couldn't be happier.

Also, Captain Falcon was a monster in that trailer. Like, what was up with him. He was such a beast. I loved it!

caramelslice
07-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Lucina being in this game makes me deliriously happy. She was the character I wanted the most and I literally started screaming when she showed up.

Robin's really interesting, too. Glad I can play as lady Robin as well.
As happy as I am with Lucina's addition, I know a few people were worried about the whole clone character deal. Might be a bit early to say much on it though?

BlckDragon
07-15-2014, 08:56 AM
I love FE:A so very excited about this addition.

just to note apparently sakurai has tried to clear up some of the marth clone worries Here (http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/15/sakurai-clarifies-lucinas-differences-to-marth-in-smash-bros-screenshot/)

Slowflake
07-15-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm no expert, but isn't a character colloqually referred to as a clone when they have essentially the same abilities, with tiny variations? You know, JUST LIKE THIS? Just like Dr. Mario and Roy and Pichu and Toon Link? If Sakurai thinks the clones everybody hates so much are stuff like the male/female Wii Fit trainer, male/female Robin and so on, he's way off the mark. I mean, to my knowledge there's been only one such example thus far in the series, that being Wario's regular outfit in Brawl. And I've never heard anyone complain about THAT.

ZebraGoomba
07-15-2014, 08:43 PM
It's a shame to see that she's a clone, but let's hope that she and Toon Link are the only ones. I never hate clones solely for being clones, but that doesn't mean I think they should exist as clones. Obviously I'd prefer an actual new move set and play style, which could have been done here. She could have used a lance for some attacks since that's something she can do that Marth can't. At the very least, she should have a different Final Smash from Marth. I'll be legitimately angry if it's just "Critical Hit." There's no excuse for that. Marth only has that because the games weren't as complex when he was around, for obvious reasons. However, there are plenty potential Final Smashes for Lucina. Just look at Robin's. That seems to me like Dual Strike, which was a great idea. Lucina should have something interesting like that, whether it's a Skill from the game or even something loosely based on something in-game as long as it makes sense. I'm pretty sure Ike's was made up. Sure, there's Aether, but there's no Great Aether. Something like that could work. As long as it's not Critical Hit 2.0.

CurrentLeaf
07-16-2014, 02:38 AM
While their move set will be the same, I think the differences are enough to justify a separate character. For those of you who aren't into Fire Emblem, Lucina is probably one of the most important and interesting characters in the series as a whole and most certainly in the most recent installment. Because of her build and lineage, it would be very hard to differentiate her from Marth who has to be in the game as he is sort of the "Pikachu" of the franchise if you will excuse the comparison, and I think they went about it in the best way possible. To have Lucina carry a lance instead of a sword would seem out of place, even though that is a weapon type she can use in the game, she is presented in every instance of story wielding a sword, and it is her default weapon. For people who are casual about the game, it's pretty much an aesthetic difference. That being said, height is very important, Lucina being shorter gives her the advantage of a smaller hit box that will give skilled players a little extra wiggle room to work with that Marth simply won't have which is a point in her favor. Everything else sans the power distribution of their swords remain the same, I'm making an assumption here, but the the height difference doesn't seem to be enough to warrant a drop in weight. The main thing that makes them a distinctive choice is the power of Marth's blade being concentrated at the tip while Lucina's is distributed evenly. Lucina appears to be character more geared toward less experienced players compared to Marth and I don't mean that in a disparaging way. With Marth's larger hit box and need for greater precision with sword strikes, more care must be taken with each attack. When it comes down to it, it was a caviot to allow an important character to the franchise a spot in the game and I'm happy that she got in.

Sangome
07-16-2014, 12:08 PM
Also, with custom move sets, you can make her fight totally differently if you so choose. Some might see that as a copout, but it's there.

I honestly don't really mind if she's a clone. So far she's the only one and like I said, she's a character I've been dying to see in this game since I finished Awakening. I could argue why she's got a similar moveset for story reasons, but that probably doesn't matter much to some folks.

As a side note, I wonder if Robin will have a bunch of hair/color/face options like s/he does in the actual game? While I doubt you'll be able to pick the taller or shorter versions, I'd love to be able to recreate my tacticians to the best of my ability and fight with them.

ZebraGoomba
07-16-2014, 12:17 PM
I can see Robin being more similar to Villager, with just a few sample designs. It would be awesome if we could design them, but I really doubt that it would ever happen. That'd be an even bigger surprise than his/her inclusion!

diddyknux
07-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Also, with custom move sets, you can make her fight totally differently if you so choose. Some might see that as a copout, but it's there.

I thought custom movesets were only for the Miis? But I may just have a crappy memory. In any case, I don't mind if she's mostly a clone of Marth. So was Roy and I still liked him.

CurrentLeaf
07-17-2014, 02:10 AM
Every character get's 4 custom moves in addition to their default set to swap as the please. Each Mii class get's 12, so 36 total if you count all 3 classes as one character. Only default move sets can be used online with strangers that affect your ranking. Online with friends allows custom move sets however.

Sangome
07-29-2014, 01:35 AM
Paper Mario stage confirmed. This is officially the best game ever. (https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl5xqOx1g)

Kind of "meh" at half of it being from my least favorite Paper Mario, but am pretty happy to see half TTYD as well and am happy to see Paper Mario represented regardless. Wonder if the Wii U version of the stage might represent PM64 and Super? Or if we'll see Paper Mario himself playable?

KEM64
08-29-2014, 05:24 PM
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236213-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-shulk-details

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236154-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-shulk-officially-announced

Shulk officially confirmed as the newest fighter. 1st link is the Pic of the Day showing him off. 2nd link has the trailer confirming Shulk.

KEM64
10-07-2014, 01:56 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/07/super-smash-bros-on-wii-u-gets-european-release-date

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U now has a release date....

US: November 21st.
Europe: December 5th.
Japan: December 6th (or 5th?).
Australia: December 6th.

untuxable
10-10-2014, 11:42 PM
Interesting that the US gets it that far ahead of everyone else. I wonder what the reason is……

CurrentLeaf
10-11-2014, 12:08 AM
Master Core on 9.0 is ripping me a new one. Anyone been able to take it out/have any tips to share on the subject? They would be greatly appreciated.

Ammy175
10-11-2014, 06:32 AM
Interesting that the US gets it that far ahead of everyone else. I wonder what the reason is……

Perhaps it has something to do with Japan favoring portables over home consoles?

cHicKeLoR
10-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Perhaps it has something to do with Japan favoring portables over home consoles?

isn't there some black friday around the time it is published in the us? maybe that is a reason.

ZebraGoomba
10-11-2014, 12:33 PM
That's what I was thinking. It would make a lot of sense for them to get it out for Black Friday so they could increase sales. That's really the only reason I can think of for releasing it at that exact time. I would have expected December (which based on the other release dates, wasn't a bad guess, it seems), but then all the release date rumors started to show up due to various store leaks, and it turns out they were true.

KEM64
10-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Oh boy, here we go....

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/

A Nintendo Direct on Super Smash Bros for Wii U is going to air on Thursday. The Direct is going to reveal 50 new things about the game.

diddyknux
10-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Gasp! Hurray! Huzzah!

Sangome
10-22-2014, 12:42 AM
Looks like Duck Hunt is getting a belated reveal trailer (https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoTUvptDQ). It'll probably be during the aforementioned Direct.

Wonder if Bowser Jr and Dark Pit will get the same treatment, though the latter is already on the official site.

ZebraGoomba
10-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Hype is the only suitable description for what unfolded before us tonight. I literally jumped up and down at that last reveal. This game is MADE of hype. I'll let KEM do the usual honors, of course.

KEM64
10-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Warning: Huge Post Ahead, as a lot was covered in the stream....

-There will be 5, 6, & 8 Player Battles along with the standard 2-4.
-8 Player Battles can only happen on certain stages and not online.
-8 Player Battles can be played on bigger stages like Palutena's Temple and Temple.
-Battlefield has a bigger version for 8 Player Battles.
-Great Cave Offensive is a stage.
-Has Danger Zones that instantly KO fighters over 100%.
-Stage has Mine Carts and chests.
-Jungle Hijinxs is a stage with a background and foreground.
-Use barrels to shift between the 2 planes.
-There will be more stages in Wii U Version.
-Mario Circuit is 2 stages (A new version and Brawl's version).
-Miiverse stage confirmed, but won't be ready for game's launch.
-Pit and Star Fox characters have special conversations on their respective stages.
-Metal Face appears at night in Gaur Plains as a boss.
-Ridley....is a boss at Pyrosphere.
-Damage him enough to have him fight alongside you.
-He can become Meta-Ridley by absorbing electricity on the sides of the stage.
-KO Ridley for a point.
-Coin Battles in Wii U version.
-Stamina Battles Return.
-Special Smash Mode returns.
-Item Frequency is in Wii U version.
-My Music is in Wii U Version.
-Customize the menu music as well as the stage songs.
-Lots more songs in Wii U version.
-Almost all 3DS songs are in it.
-CDs return.
-Challenges are all on 1 screen, 140 of them.
-Classic is now skill based (Battles are now determined by how well you're doing).
-Rivals and Challengers may show up to challenge you during Classic.
-The Intensity Scale is present.
-Classic has Co-Op.
-Characters have Clear Movies when you clear a mode with them.
-All-Star is still in chronological order, but reversed (You start with fighters from recent games and go backwards).
-All-Star has Co-Op.
-Event Mode Returns.
-Clear Events to create paths to new events.
-Events have 3 difficulties.
-Meet certain requirements for rewards (like beat an event on Hard, for example).
-2 Player Event Mode as well.
-Wii U has Smash Tour.
-It's a board game.
-Move Miis and move around the boards, collecting fighters and stat boosts for them.
-Cross paths with opponents and you will fight them with the chance to steal their fighters if you win.
-Final Showdown is Stock with all the Collected Fighters you and your opponents got.
-Target Blast is also in the Wii U version.
-Round 2's Bomb is bigger and has a bigger blast.
-3 types of Stages.
-There's a Multiplayer Group Stadium, where 4 players can take turns playing the Stadium Modes.
-Home Run Contest is alternate and Co-Op.
-Special Orders.
-Take on special challenges like fighting battles under certain conditions.
-Spend Gold in Crazy Order to enter.
-Master Core is in Wii U version.
-Master Fortress is a massive form of Master Core that's only in the Wii U version (but only in higher intensities).
-Wii U version has many control options.
-You can customize the Controls.
-3DS can be a controller.
-Transfer Customized characters from 3DS version to Wii U version.
-Tons of trophies.
-Most Trophies are from console games, much like most 3DS Version trophies were from handheld games.
-Characters have Final Smash Trophies.
-Beat All-Star for them.
-There are Trophy Boxes that trophies are catergorized in.
-There's a Photo Studio to create diagrams with trophies.
-Trophy Rush is in Wii U version.
-It has Co-Op option.
-The Masterpieces return.
-Play a timed Trial of past games that the fighters were in.
-Like a game? You can access the eShop from Masterpieces and can buy it.
-Can play online with 2 players.
-Online will have tourneys.
-Tournament Mode returns (I think it's for online, though).
-GamePad can be used to edit snapshots that you've taken.
-Voice Chat with Friends on the Wii U Gamepad's microphone.
-Can't chat during battles, though. Only before battles and the Results Screen.
-Stage Builder returns.
-Use the GamePad to create custom stages.
-It has 5 Themes.
-You can share custom stages.
-There was a Reveal Trailer for Bowser Jr. & the Koopalings.
-There are reveal Movies for the new fighters in the game.

And now the big one....

Mewtwo will be playable. You will get him if you bought both the 3DS and Wii U versions. However, he won't be available until Spring 2015.

Ammy175
10-23-2014, 05:32 PM
So much hype for the Wii U version. November 21st can't come soon enough.

ZebraGoomba
10-23-2014, 05:32 PM
...Wow, right on cue. Thank you for this, because I forgot a few of these due to that bombardment of facts at the end.

KEM64
10-23-2014, 09:14 PM
There were a lot of interesting things revealed in today's Nintendo Direct (Even though some of it was accidentally revealed by Amazon like the Special Orders and Smash Tour). The only thing that disappointed me though was the fact that Target Blast is also in the Wii U version (I rather have Target Test back).

Now that Mewtwo is confirmed to be added to the roster after the game's release, who else will be confirmed via DLC? Well, we all know it won't be Ridley.

diddyknux
10-24-2014, 07:33 AM
It should be noted that (well, at least according to NOE's Twitter), Mewtwo will be available for regular purchase down the line, but he's free for owners of both versions as a promotion.

To be honest though, I'd be more interested in the soundtrack that Club Nintendo memebers can get if they have both versions.

Anyway, it was a cool video. The hype is real! Smash Tour and the new variation on Classic Mode seem VERY cool.

Nightlingbolt
10-26-2014, 06:14 PM
I assume DLC characters don't show up in All-Star Mode?

DavyBones24
11-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Already got this predownloaded and ready for tomorrow I'm so hyped. If anyone wants to play my NNID is Davybot!!

KEM64
04-01-2015, 05:21 PM
According to a new Nintendo Direct that just ended....Mewtwo is expected to arrive April 28th (April 15th for those who registered both versions on Club Nintendo) for $3.99 for each version ($4.99 for both versions). Not only that, but in June....

Lucas returns.

There's also new costumes coming for the Miis like Dunban, Mega Man X, and Proto Man.

And they also are creating a Super Smash Bros. Ballot where you can enter which character you want to see playable as well as why they would be good as a playable character. Who knows? Maybe that character might appear as a future DLC character.

Reaction: (The return of the character in the spoiler tag) Hmm....if he's coming back, who wants to bet that Wolf could also return in the future?

(About the Super Smash Bros. Ballot) The problem I see with this ballot is that it'll probably be bogged down with stupid requests like Ridley, Goku, or Shrek.

untuxable
04-04-2015, 09:58 AM
Lucas DLC HYPE

kmmgreen5
04-06-2015, 07:31 PM
so we're all voting for shantae right in the smash ballot?

Mplay213
06-15-2015, 05:04 AM
Ryu and Roy were great unexpected DLC yesterday! They both appear to be pretty decent characters too!