PDA

View Full Version : The Hardest Game or Games You Have Ever Beaten (Or Not)

supersonicrulz101
07-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Hey guys.

Soo, I've been recently playing Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube, and I can tell you right now, it's not that easy to complete the game 100%, meaning getting all the stages, clearing all of the events, getting all the characters...You know what I mean. To this day, I have never cleared two events in the 1-Player Event Match mode: Event #36. Space Travelers and Event #49. All Stars Match Deluxe.

Lately, though, I've been thinking back about the first time I have beaten Sonic Unleashed for the Sony PlayStation 2, and now that I think about it, just trying to clear the game is NOT an easy task. It took me a lot of attempts, and a lot of lives, to clear the game alone. I tried clearing it 100%, but clearly that ain't happening for a while. But at least I'm glad to clear the game at all. Clearly to this day, it's one of the hardest games I have ever beaten in my life, next to games such as Kirby's Adventure for the Nintendo Entertainment System (CURSE YOU NIGHTMARE!!!!! XD).

Just thinking about those alone gave me an idea for this topic: What is, or are, the hardest game, or games you have ever beaten in your life? What I mean is, I want to know your opinions about some of the most recent games you have played through, or have beaten before, and think back and ask yourselves, "Was this game hard to beat?" And it doesn't have to be one game, it can be multiple games. Also, when I say "game", I mean games you play on consoles or on the PC via Steam or as a retail or on mobile devices.

And if it was, how was it hard for you to complete? Was it because of the mechanics of the game? Or was it because of random enemy placements? Or was it because you had no idea of what to expect later on in the game? If the game also has bonuses for clearing 100% of the game, would you go back and do those if you never did that in the past?

And if you're like me and had some hard games you have never beaten, I want you to explain why. Was it because you made no progress on a certain level? Or was it because you got so frustrated of a certain gimmick or mechanic in the game that you'd just quit the game and never touch it again?

Let me know in the topic replies below, and I'll talk to you guys later! ;)
EDIT NOTE: If this topic is in the wrong section, I do apologize for that! :( I thought this was a good place to put this topic.

Amaterasu
07-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Uncharted 2 on whatever the name of Very Hard mode is called (is it Crushing?) was pretty difficult, since you can only take, like, two hits. I actually had to glitch the final boss in order to finish the game on that difficulty, it was so hard.

Mega Man 2 was another pretty difficult for me to beat. Even though it was on Normal, it was still challenging to beat. Probably a combination of enemies doing a decent bit of damage to you and the fact that it was my first time playing through MM 2, so I didn't know what to expect.

There's also the original Super Mario Bros, which I beat not too long ago on my 3DS. It would have taken me a lot longer to beat that game if there weren't save states on 3DS VC games. My main problem there was the fact that I don't like how Mario is... floaty, I guess, when he jumps. He's the exact opposite of Mega Man when he jumps, basically, and I don't like that.

As for difficult games that I haven't finished, Battletoads. ...Do I really have to explain why? I think everybody knows how evil that game is. But, the combination of now invincibility frames and 2-3 hits being enough to kill you, in addition to the occasional devilish jump is pretty annoying. I do want to finish that game someday, though.

thebrbninja
07-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Zelda 2 was probably the most difficult game i committed to beating. There have definitely been a few other games (like battletoads) that i never even really tried though, but would probably fail if i did really try to beat them lol.

AnythingButAwesome
07-05-2013, 10:09 AM
I've beaten all of the Advance Wars games on hard campaign mode except the 4th one which lacked a hard campaign mode entirely. When I beat the campaign of the game I was excited that even though they changed too many things around at least I'd have hard campaign mode to force me to learn the new mechanics. Nope.

Any chance I get to complain about that game I will take.

Trust, Me I Got This
07-05-2013, 02:52 PM
The original Super Mario Bros. is hard as hell. Until yesterday I'd probably played that game across various platforms for like 25 hours and could only beat it when I realized that you could save state on 3DS.

untuxable
07-05-2013, 02:55 PM
I've beaten all of the Advance Wars games on hard campaign mode except the 4th one which lacked a hard campaign mode entirely. When I beat the campaign of the game I was excited that even though they changed too many things around at least I'd have hard campaign mode to force me to learn the new mechanics. Nope.

Any chance I get to complain about that game I will take.

This.

Also, trying to beat Halo: Reach Solo on Legendary was a pretty immense challenge. I took a good week and a half to do it, and averaged 2-3 hours per mission because I kept dying so much, but I eventually got through it. Sadly, Halo 4 was a good bit easier, as it only took me about 1.5 hours per mission or so.

pkGamerB
07-05-2013, 03:54 PM
The hardest game I've ever played, is one most people probably haven't heard of, an old SNES game called Jim Power: The Lost Dimension in 3D. To this day, it's probably the only game I've ever ragequit due to its difficulty (to be fair, I haven't played Battletoads before). It's a sidescrolling platformer/shooter similar to the Contra games, with a few Gradius-eque spaceship levels, as well as some overhead-perspective shooter sections.

You get very little margin for error in this game, as you start with only 3 or 4 lives and a few continues, but it only takes one hit to kill you. A lot of the enemies' actions are predictable after playing the same section over and over for a while, but things are moving so fast that it usually doesn't matter that much. The pseudo-3D background in this game generally serves to further disorient the player, as well. If that's not enough, there's also a time limit.

I've had the game for at least 15 years, and I never made it past the first level until two years ago, when I made it to the fourth level, I believe. Here's a short gameplay clip for you to get the general idea:
[youtube:16wumdl7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BQbH3clkkw[/youtube:16wumdl7]

It's a decent game if you want a challenge, and the music is pretty good.

supersonicrulz101
07-05-2013, 04:03 PM
That's what I don't get: Why do some games, such as the main Contra games (1, Super-C, 3, and 4), give you only 1 hit before you lose a life? To be fair, though, the Contra games are hard to beat, and it's hard to beat the first or second games without the magical powers of the Konami code. I have never beaten the first Contra game to date, even with the Konami code.

untuxable
07-05-2013, 06:06 PM
That's what I don't get: Why do some games, such as the main Contra games (1, Super-C, 3, and 4), give you only 1 hit before you lose a life? To be fair, though, the Contra games are hard to beat, and it's hard to beat the first or second games without the magical powers of the Konami code. I have never beaten the first Contra game to date, even with the Konami code.

I have beaten the first game, but only with the 99 live Konami code. I've gotten very close with the 30 live code, but that last level is quite the troll.

For the contra series, the one hit life makes it a challenge, and that's the draw of the game. The average person doesn't sit down and play contra for a quick run-through, they sit down and see how far they can get before getting undeniably pwned.

lionheart91
07-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was pretty hard on Crushing.

The original release of Devil May Cry 3 was really hard because the English Normal mode was actually the Japanese Hard mode.

The original Halo was hard on Legendary (I think that's the hardest difficulty)

Lair was hard because the controls sucked.

supersonicrulz101
07-05-2013, 06:13 PM
only with the 99 live Konami code.

The 99-life Konami Code? I have never heard of it. All I know is the 30-life Konami code and that's it.

untuxable
07-05-2013, 06:50 PM
only with the 99 live Konami code.

The 99-life Konami Code? I have never heard of it. All I know is the 30-life Konami code and that's it.

Yeah, it's kind of weird. Both my brother and I knew about the Konami code and used on Contra many times, but sometimes we would get 30 lives and sometimes we would get 99. The difference was some button press, or me remembering the wrong code, but for the life of me I don't remember what the difference is between the two button combinations.

Also, just thought of some more:

Super Monkey Ball 2 Hard Challenge Mode. You can buy lives later on to make it super easy, but beating it with 2 lives (and 5 continues) is no easy feat, even with skips.

Jet Moto 2: beating a full season on the hardest difficulty. You had to beat the "Full Season" 4 times to have "beaten the game." The first time is 3 tracks on easy, 2nd is 6 tracks on medium, 3rd is 9 tracks on hard, and the 4th is all 10 tracks on Insane (or whatever it's called). You have to finish 1st in practically every race since 2nd place is always the same person, and winning the race requires a near-perfect run on every lap.

Actually, I just looked it up on wikipedia. Apparently, on the hardest difficulty, you aren't facing a real AI, but recorded racers, meaning they have a perfect run every lap, every race, every time you play (unless you run into them of course). This is explains why it's SO BLOODY DIFFICULT.

FlibberMagee
07-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Trying to complete Donkey Kong 64 101%, while I love that game, is fairly difficult. Especially the one level in the Aztec area with the beetle race. So annoying, so many terrible childhood memories.

[ Post made via iPod ]

MalkanorBek
07-05-2013, 07:19 PM
This is going to sound entirely cliche, but Battletoads.

I only had the Gameboy version, but it's the same version as the one on the NES. I would play the game constantly day and night when I was about 9. It got to the point where I wouldn't get hit until the 4th level, and not die until the 8th or 9th. It took me until I was probably 11 or 12 to finally beat the game. I've tried playing the game again, but I can't do it. I don't even know how I was able to beat this game before.

Wolf of Storms
07-05-2013, 08:21 PM
It's a spinoff game, but... Mario Strikers Charged. Good. Gravy. The Striker Cup is near impossible to beat unless you know what you're doing. I didn't beat the Striker Cup until about a year ago, and I've had the game since 2007 a little after it first came out.

untuxable
07-05-2013, 08:37 PM
It's a spinoff game, but... Mario Strikers Charged. Good. Gravy. The Striker Cup is near impossible to beat unless you know what you're doing. I didn't beat the Striker Cup until about a year ago, and I've had the game since 2007 a little after it first came out.

Holy crap, this game. I played it Co-op with my brother, and we STILL couldn't beat the final cup on Normal. Whenever we'd get to the final match, we would just get trolled out of our minds by whoever we were facing (usually Petey Piranha somehow).

King Kienzan
07-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Probably Gradius III on the SNES. Of course, I haven't even beaten it on the harder difficulties, which are all apparently still easier than the arcade version of the game. I couldn't even imagine playing that. X_x

Celebeast
07-06-2013, 03:19 AM
Probably Sonic '06. Not because it was especially difficult, but because it is a hopelessly broken, unfinished mess which was more rage inducing than any game I remember playing. The satisfaction of beating it comes mostly from the idea that you never have to play it again.

Snowy620
07-06-2013, 09:32 AM
I've platinumed Demon's Souls if that counts for anything.

But right now Metal Gear Rising in Revengence is possibly the hardest thing I've done, and I'm not even finished yet.

NicoCW
07-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Trying to complete Donkey Kong 64 101%, while I love that game, is fairly difficult. Especially the one level in the Aztec area with the beetle race. So annoying, so many terrible childhood memories.Oh boy, do I have some bad news for you when you think you're finally done with that dumb beetle and you reach Crystal Cave.

I'm actually replaying Donkey Kong 64 right now. I love the game to death, but there are some things they expect you to do that are just flat out ridiculous to the point where you wonder if it was even playtested properly.

-The Beaver Bother minigame having terrible hit detection and making it a huge pain to herd the beavers into the hole. They expect you to beat this minigame twice on its hardest difficulty. Expect to rage hard.

-Minecart Mayhem is just one of those minigames that's trial and error mixed with memory, and that's the only reason it's hard.

-The second race with the rabbit in Fungi Forest is borderline impossible. You have to take every single cut-corner imaginable and you'll still only end up beating him by a hair (no pun intended) if you're lucky.

-That stupid beetle that I want to punch in the face so hard and his slide in Crystal Caves. Not only do you have to beat him to the end, but you have to collect 50 coins as well. And if you touch him, you lose some coins. On top of all that, you have to deal with ice physics, and just when you think you're doing good and will probably win, you may end up sliding off the edge only to start all over again and hear that beetle's stupid "HUR-HURHURHURHEA-HEHEA-HEHEAH!" laugh and it makes you want to murder the nearest mammalian infant.

-That igloo in Crystal Caves with Donkey Kong where you have to navigate through a spiky maze that's constantly rotating. Doesn't sound bad? Touching the walls takes a whole melon of health (you only get 3 max) and there's ice physics (as far as I can remember). You're gonna die a few times before getting it right. Yeah, I looked all over for a Strong Kong Barrel. There's isn't one.

-And worst of all, having to beat Donkey Kong Arcade with one life. TWICE. The second time being on hard mode where 75m will end your game if you're not pixel perfect dodging those trampolines. The thing that makes this one the worst is that on top of being unreasonably hard, it's a requirement, that's right, a REQUIREMENT to fight the final boss.

-And then when you do get the final boss, it's a gauntlet that takes forever and has no checkpoints. How can it get worse? You're timed on each section. So on top of worrying about your health (which will drain fast), you have to balance it out with completing the segment fast enough.

Yeah. Donkey Kong 64 isn't for the innocent. To this day I consider 101%ing it my greatest life achievement and I put it on my resume. Just a shame it only took me about a decade to fully beat it.

supersonicrulz101
07-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Probably Sonic '06. ...because it is a hopelessly broken, unfinished mess which was more rage inducing than any game I remember playing.

I do agree with that, though it makes sense since it was considered one of the worst video games of all time, as probably the worst in the Sonic franchise.

I do remember having rage against a bonus mission in the Eggmanland level in Sonic Unleashed for PS2 where I had to go through a certain section of the level unscathed. It was an absolute NIGHTMARE. XD To this day, I have never beaten said mission, and I don't expect to beat it anytime soon. XD

diddyknux
07-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Trying to complete Donkey Kong 64 101%, while I love that game, is fairly difficult. Especially the one level in the Aztec area with the beetle race. So annoying, so many terrible childhood memories.Oh boy, do I have some bad news for you when you think you're finally done with that dumb beetle and you reach Crystal Cave.

I'm actually replaying Donkey Kong 64 right now. I love the game to death, but there are some things they expect you to do that are just flat out ridiculous to the point where you wonder if it was even playtested properly.

-The Beaver Bother minigame having terrible hit detection and making it a huge pain to herd the beavers into the hole. They expect you to beat this minigame twice on its hardest difficulty. Expect to rage hard.

-Minecart Mayhem is just one of those minigames that's trial and error mixed with memory, and that's the only reason it's hard.

-The second race with the rabbit in Fungi Forest is borderline impossible. You have to take every single cut-corner imaginable and you'll still only end up beating him by a hair (no pun intended) if you're lucky.

-That stupid beetle that I want to punch in the face so hard and his slide in Crystal Caves. Not only do you have to beat him to the end, but you have to collect 50 coins as well. And if you touch him, you lose some coins. On top of all that, you have to deal with ice physics, and just when you think you're doing good and will probably win, you may end up sliding off the edge only to start all over again and hear that beetle's stupid "HUR-HURHURHURHEA-HEHEA-HEHEAH!" laugh and it makes you want to murder the nearest mammalian infant.

-That igloo in Crystal Caves with Donkey Kong where you have to navigate through a spiky maze that's constantly rotating. Doesn't sound bad? Touching the walls takes a whole melon of health (you only get 3 max) and there's ice physics (as far as I can remember). You're gonna die a few times before getting it right. Yeah, I looked all over for a Strong Kong Barrel. There's isn't one.

-And worst of all, having to beat Donkey Kong Arcade with one life. TWICE. The second time being on hard mode where 75m will end your game if you're not pixel perfect dodging those trampolines. The thing that makes this one the worst is that on top of being unreasonably hard, it's a requirement, that's right, a REQUIREMENT to fight the final boss.

-And then when you do get the final boss, it's a gauntlet that takes forever and has no checkpoints. How can it get worse? You're timed on each section. So on top of worrying about your health (which will drain fast), you have to balance it out with completing the segment fast enough.

Yeah. Donkey Kong 64 isn't for the innocent. To this day I consider 101%ing it my greatest life achievement and I put it on my resume. Just a shame it only took me about a decade to fully beat it.

Yeah, straight up, DK 64 is very tough. And with Beaver Bother, they have the nerve to put it in Creepy Castle TWICE.

King Kienzan
07-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Yeah, the first time you get 101% on DK64 is BRUTAL! Took me like a whole two weeks, even though I had already beaten the game before.

supersonicrulz101
07-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Don't even get me started on Portal for PC. Took me, I don't know how many takes, but probably almost an hour to beat GLaDOS and finish the game...And that was ALL while I was recording it because I was doing a blind LP of the game at the time. Took me probably either longer or par to beat the final boss of Portal 2 for PC as well! XD

Celebeast
07-14-2013, 07:35 AM
I do remember having rage against a bonus mission in the Eggmanland level in Sonic Unleashed for PS2 where I had to go through a certain section of the level unscathed. It was an absolute NIGHTMARE. XD To this day, I have never beaten said mission, and I don't expect to beat it anytime soon. XD

Heh. Try the 'Hard Boiled' achievement on the XBOX 360/PS3 version of Unleashed. All you have to do is get all the way through all of Eggmanland without dying. Three times. The time restriction is irrelevant, you can do it and have time to spare, it's the getting through unscathed which is the real test of your mettle. I got it eventually, (without the patch that fixed the frame rate issues I'll have you know) but MAN was it a nightmare to do!

In fact the lack of the frame rate patch was the reason that the last achievement on that game I got was the hot dog missions for Adabat. The lag. Oooooohhhh my goodness the LAG!! Fake difficulty in spades. It took months to learn to play around the lag and navigate the buggy level.

Hartross
07-14-2013, 05:56 PM
I have trouble with Metro 2033. About halfway through the game I always run out of air filters and ammo and die almost instantly

DrewStern
07-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Ghosts and Goblins for NES is without s doubt the most difficult game I have ever personally encountered.

[ Post made via Android ]

untuxable
07-14-2013, 07:52 PM
I bought FTL just a few days ago since it was on sale. IF I ever beat this game, I will be overly proud of myself.

XModxGodX
07-14-2013, 08:12 PM
The GBC version of "Super Mario Brothers for Super Players" or as it's commonly known as Lost Levels and that version at least saves the exact level you get a game over in as opposed to the beginning of the world. I can't imagine beating it on any other version as a result. _dead_

diddyknux
07-15-2013, 10:45 AM

Heh. Try the 'Hard Boiled' achievement on the XBOX 360/PS3 version of Unleashed. All you have to do is get all the way through all of Eggmanland without dying. Three times. The time restriction is irrelevant, you can do it and have time to spare, it's the getting through unscathed which is the real test of your mettle. I got it eventually, (without the patch that fixed the frame rate issues I'll have you know) but MAN was it a nightmare to do!

In fact the lack of the frame rate patch was the reason that the last achievement on that game I got was the hot dog missions for Adabat. The lag. Oooooohhhh my goodness the LAG!! Fake difficulty in spades. It took months to learn to play around the lag and navigate the buggy level.

I'm still lacking the ones from Eggmanland and Adabat myself. Shamar too, but that one's just cause I'm lazy.

cHicKeLoR
07-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Ghost n Goblins and Punchout are both games I played and never beat (& I don't own them anymore). Never beat Castlevania 1 as a kid... bought it in the eshop and I am trying to beat it now - in "original mode".

the hardest game (at least in my subjective point of view) that I have ever beaten is Gothic 2 (with add on).. where all enemies are on steroids because the original as too easy...
I only managed to beat it once... the original in contrast I've beaten 5-6 times without problems...

Overload
09-22-2013, 04:15 PM
The Lion King on SNES. Anyone who's played it will know what I'm talking about. There are only 5 levels or so, but starting at the second level things get brutal. Until about a year ago, I'd always give up at that point. Then, a friend and I played nonstop until we finished it. We had it down to a science, running through levels like nothing. That would be a satisfying game to speedrun.

NicoCW
09-22-2013, 04:22 PM
WAIT, I had The Lion King on the Genesis and level 2 was absolutely merciless. It was the "I Just Can't Wait to be King" level and you had ride an ostrich and use rhino (or was it hippo) tails as swings, both of which were unbelievably finicky and caused instant death with one screw up.

I tried playing it again a few weeks ago and it was just hard. Still can't beat it over fifteen years later.

ZebraGoomba
09-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Peter Pan: Return to Neverland for the GBA. I don't know if the game was legitimately challenging or not, but the controls were atrocious. I could never get him to fly correctly. Also, the first few levels were possible to navigate if you just kept trying to head right, but I remember there was this one level I could never beat because I just didn't know where to go, since that didn't work in this case. It wasn't challenging in the sense that it was difficult, but instead it was just to hard to play. Also, I didn't dedicate myself to it since I didn't enjoy it, so I haven't bothered trying for ages.

Also, Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku was too hard for younger me to beat. The game expects you to spam a stun move on bosses every 5 seconds just so you can get hits in, which isn't even fun anyway. When I was little, though, I never used it because I was stupid and didn't get how helpful that would be. Nowadays, I'd blaze through it with that knowledge, but it still wouldn't be fun. The way I did it back then was to get the boss to stand slightly off screen. They'd still be loaded, so I could shoot them, but they wouldn't come after me. After a good what felt like 20 minutes of this "strategy", he'd die and I would feel victorious. Then, I just got stuck at the "Namekian Temple" (which never actually existed in DBZ), but that was just because I got lost. That's as far as I ever got. I sold it soon after, and a while later, I found out that there was an invincibility glitch which completely breaks the game, but I'd still be lost anyways so it wouldn't have helped me. Don't ask me how I got lost; I've seen someone else go through in a Let's Play and I fail to see where younger me had trouble. I guess I just ignored something obvious.

I don't feel like going back to play these to see if I could beat them now. I know I could beat the latter, even without invincibility, so there's no reason to test. As for Peter Pan, well, I don't care about it. It wasn't fun anyway; I only played it because I got it as a gift from my mom and I felt like I needed to play it out of gratitude.

diddyknux
09-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Metroid 2 was pretty hard. Mostly because a lot of places look the same so its easy to get lost. Sonic Adventure 2 wasn't that hard to beat, but to beat with all 180 Emblems, which requires getting all A Ranks.. THAT was hard. Also DK64 101% was tough. Even just beating the game was challenging.

pkGamerB
09-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Also, Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku was too hard for younger me to beat. The game expects you to spam a stun move on bosses every 5 seconds just so you can get hits in, which isn't even fun anyway. When I was little, though, I never used it because I was stupid and didn't get how helpful that would be. Nowadays, I'd blaze through it with that knowledge, but it still wouldn't be fun. The way I did it back then was to get the boss to stand slightly off screen. They'd still be loaded, so I could shoot them, but they wouldn't come after me. After a good what felt like 20 minutes of this "strategy", he'd die and I would feel victorious. Then, I just got stuck at the "Namekian Temple" (which never actually existed in DBZ), but that was just because I got lost. That's as far as I ever got. I sold it soon after, and a while later, I found out that there was an invincibility glitch which completely breaks the game, but I'd still be lost anyways so it wouldn't have helped me. Don't ask me how I got lost; I've seen someone else go through in a Let's Play and I fail to see where younger me had trouble. I guess I just ignored something obvious.I actually remember having a little trouble with this game too as a kid. Was Namekian Temple the last area of the game (or whichever one had all the warps)? Because I got stuck in there for a while before finally beating the game. Haven't played it since.

Metroid 2 was pretty hard. Mostly because a lot of places look the same so its easy to get lost.Have you played the original Metroid? I thought that one was even worse about similar looking areas, and I don't think I ever beat it until after I played Zero Mission, since I kind of just followed the same general paths from ZM. Lack of a save battery made things tougher too, since dying means you start at the nearest spawn point with 30 health.

diddyknux
09-23-2013, 12:35 AM
I've played the original Metroid, but I've never beaten it. Only Zero Mission. Figure that's close enough. But yeah, similar looking areas are a big problem there too.

Hartross
09-23-2013, 03:12 AM
Super Empire Strikes Back so fun but I have never been able to beat it. It get's beyond infuriating

ZebraGoomba
09-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Also, Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku was too hard for younger me to beat. The game expects you to spam a stun move on bosses every 5 seconds just so you can get hits in, which isn't even fun anyway. When I was little, though, I never used it because I was stupid and didn't get how helpful that would be. Nowadays, I'd blaze through it with that knowledge, but it still wouldn't be fun. The way I did it back then was to get the boss to stand slightly off screen. They'd still be loaded, so I could shoot them, but they wouldn't come after me. After a good what felt like 20 minutes of this "strategy", he'd die and I would feel victorious. Then, I just got stuck at the "Namekian Temple" (which never actually existed in DBZ), but that was just because I got lost. That's as far as I ever got. I sold it soon after, and a while later, I found out that there was an invincibility glitch which completely breaks the game, but I'd still be lost anyways so it wouldn't have helped me. Don't ask me how I got lost; I've seen someone else go through in a Let's Play and I fail to see where younger me had trouble. I guess I just ignored something obvious.I actually remember having a little trouble with this game too as a kid. Was Namekian Temple the last area of the game (or whichever one had all the warps)? Because I got stuck in there for a while before finally beating the game. Haven't played it since.

Metroid 2 was pretty hard. Mostly because a lot of places look the same so its easy to get lost.Have you played the original Metroid? I thought that one was even worse about similar looking areas, and I don't think I ever beat it until after I played Zero Mission, since I kind of just followed the same general paths from ZM. Lack of a save battery made things tougher too, since dying means you start at the nearest spawn point with 30 health.

Yeah, it's the last area. I just remember it being a really confusing maze, but once I saw the solution, it didn't look as bad as I remembered.

HowlingRetribution2
09-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Aegis Wings on Insane Difficult D: Whenever my friends and I have that slow day of gaming we hop on the Aegis Wings. While playing on Insane everyone would try to get other achievements which meant all power-ups were up for grabs. Even if we already had one we would just take another one anyway lol. So for most of the game it would be a free-for-all and our teamwork and communication was gone because of that. Everything was easy but whenever we got to the 2nd to last or last mission that was when we'd choke. When we all died one person out of the 4 would quit and the rest would follow. To this day my friends and I haven't beaten Aegis Wings on Insane :(

LegendOfCookies
09-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef of Destruction on the GBA. You started off with an absolutely terrible deck and it felt near impossible to improve it.

Snowy620
09-23-2013, 06:51 PM
I recently tried DMC4 on Hell or Hell mode again. Now I remember why I was so happy when I finished it.