PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Sammiches

TheSpeedGamers
08-23-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm sitting here at work thinking about food... I've made many a sammich that I expected to taste horrible and was pleasantly surprised. Is there any combo that I should try out that you have come across?

Diana3
08-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Cream cheese (With chives. What are we, animals?) + slices of the sharpest cheddar you can find + jalapenos + some kind of awesome bread = best grilled cheese of your life.

Edit: Also I was served a bunch of fancy grilled cheeses at a wine tasting, and one of them was some kind of dessert thing. It was nutella, raspberries, and I assume some sort of cheese in fancy bread. Grilled, of course. I don't even have words... IT CHANGED MY LIFE.

Shiron
08-23-2013, 01:55 PM
I suppose it's not really that unusual, but nonetheless peanut butter+honey=the best. God, I haven't had one of those in forever (why must honey be expensive? :( I blame the bees. GIMME MORE OF YOUR NECTAR-VOMIT, DAMMIT!), and now I'm kinda craving one. xD

As far as actually unusual stuff goes though... god, I don't know. xD I'm really kind of a vanilla-guy when it comes to sandwiches. I typically stick to either peanut butter or turkey+American cheese+Miracle whip. Haven't really ventured far outside of that, since those have worked more than well enough for me and unfortunately I really am kind of a picky-eater, myself. xD

TheSpeedGamers
08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
geez... you guys are killin me. I'm grabbin some bread on the way home with some of ya'lls recommendations.

StopDropAndBear
08-23-2013, 03:01 PM
One day Phil had a dream about a turkey, dried cranberry, orange zest and mayo sandwich. He said in his dream it was the most amazing sandwich he'd ever had, and all dang day he would NOT stop thinking about this sandwich. So eventually he went out and bought the stuff to make it.
He loved it. I thought it was weird.

inferno12
08-23-2013, 04:52 PM
On one slice of bread, spread jelly, honey, and marshmallow fluff. On the other, put creamy and crunchy peanut butter, as well as Nutella. :thumbs:

MSico
08-23-2013, 08:18 PM
MAKE MY DREAM SANDWICH YOU IDIOTS

jdtwins2009
08-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Your dream sandwich sounds amazing Phil!

localretard
08-24-2013, 01:15 AM
As a kid I used to toast some bread and put A1 and Parmesan cheese on it. Kid me loved it, Adult me hasn't tried it yet.

TheSpeedGamers
08-24-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm here at work again, and again..I'm salivating over ya'lls suggestions. This thread is turning into exactly what I wanted it to be.

StopDropAndBear
08-24-2013, 01:23 PM
As a kid I used to toast some bread and put A1 and Parmesan cheese on it. Kid me loved it, Adult me hasn't tried it yet.

I used to make ketchup and mustard sandwiches, eventually they just became mustard sandwiches.
We also used to have a lot of spaghetti with meat sauce growing up, so I used to heat up the leftovers and make spaghetti sandwiches. Those were actually not so bad, but you need a thick sauce to keep it all together.

untuxable
08-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Wheat Thins + Cream Cheese + Jelly (pretty much any kind) = Amazing.

Technically not a sandwich, but still tastes great.

Diana3
08-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Wheat Thins + Cream Cheese + Jelly (pretty much any kind) = Amazing.

Technically not a sandwich, but still tastes great.

If you put another wheat thin on top... you got yourself a sammich _awesome_

GreenBrindle
08-25-2013, 02:11 PM
nutella + bacon + white bread

not unusual, but oh so good

AnythingButAwesome
08-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Set out a bunch of Ritz crackers on a plate, then put shredded cheese on them, then Franks hot sauce. Optionally: zap it with the microwave.

I've not tried that many hot sauces with it, I just know that sometimes it didn't turn out well with other sauces.

Froznpanther
08-28-2013, 12:18 PM
1.) Bake a ham (I personally favor Ham baked with my secret RUM reduex recipe)
2.) Keep Ham for left overs
3.) Acquire a Bullet or Ninja (The Food belndy thingy)
4.) Place Ham in Ninja
5.) Add your favorite kind of sauces and condiments to the Ninja
6.) Blend into a Ham-ish paste
7.) Spread on bread (Numbers can range from 2+ slices)
8.) Bacon and cheese Optional-ly-mandatory
9.) Find a Novelty Flag/Sword Toothpick
10.) Conquer

caramelslice
08-29-2013, 02:41 PM
My friend recently sent me a picture of a banana and mayo sandwich. The mayo has to be kewpie mayo though. I don't know what it is about kewpie mayo...but it's great in sandwiches.

HowlingRetribution2
09-01-2013, 03:53 PM
I haven't tried this yet but I'm tempted to in the near future ;) It's made up of bread, turkey, strawberry jam (but if you'd like to use another jam go for it) and cereal (use your favorite cereal). If anyone tries this out can you tell me if its any good I'm starving over here :cry:

Chimrango
09-02-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm not one to try a variety of foods, but my dad had this while we were in Boston.

It's pretty much your typical chicken sandwich, includes all the veggies and whatnot. Then you proceed to add mayo, not bad I don't think. However, the final topper is a nice knife full of smooth peanut butter. According to my cousin who tried it, you would get random moments where it tasted just like a chicken sandwich, then the peanut butter would attack your taste buds and it would just be confusing.

Do with that what you will.

Apple314
09-03-2013, 07:56 AM
A restaurant I went to did a panini with chocolate spread and marshmellows then they toasted it for you so the marshmellows melted and you got that lovely warm-panini feeling. It was amazing!

Diana3
09-03-2013, 02:39 PM
A restaurant I went to did a panini with chocolate spread and marshmellows then they toasted it for you so the marshmellows melted and you got that lovely warm-panini feeling. It was amazing!

Was the restaurant HEAVEN? BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE THE GREATEST SANDWICH OF ALL TIME.

MalkanorBek
09-03-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't think my favorite sandwich is weird, but everyone who hears I eat it thinks it's gross.

I love eating a Cheese and Mustard sandwich. No lunch meat. Just cheese and mustard. It's so tasty!

Diana3
09-04-2013, 01:30 PM
I thought of another sandwich that I love: cream cheese and olive.

White bread + cream cheese spread on one side + as many slices of green olives as you can possibly fit in an orderly fashion on top of that

MMMM

MSico
09-07-2013, 09:51 PM

Was the restaurant HEAVEN? BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE THE GREATEST SANDWICH OF ALL TIME.

I'm gonna need new pants. WHERE IS THIS MARVELOUS SANDWICH. Forget that, WHERE IS MY SANDWICH PRESS

markus
09-18-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't know if it's a Kiwi thing or what, but Marmite (Vegemite works too) and Cheese sandwiches are nice. My Dad made me lunch once and it's what he grew up with and now it's one of my favourite sandwich combos!