PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto V

Froznpanther
08-28-2013, 12:03 PM
I am someone who is hit and miss with Sand-box style games. The Grand Theft Auto series has never really interested me for long. Saint row 3 was the only one that kept in the game for the longest at 25% complete. Now we have Grand Theft Auto V. According to everything I have learned about the upcoming game, I am actually excited. But at the same time I am not quite sold yet.

If you haven't already known. There are a couple of sites dedicated to the game and it's release.
http://www.igta5.com/ - Not that great
http://www.gtav.net/ - The site I get all my information on

I am at an impasse with this game. It has a story mode featuring 3 characters that you play as separately and somehow at the same time. Intriguing but not at all a matter of rushing to pre-order the game.Then we get into the Online player content. A vast open world game with endless possibilities. So what do I buy the game for? Enjoy the stories that I do but never keep me wanting to finish the game. Or get Trolled online by people that play the game solely to have fun by aggravating others.

I like games that allow me to customize as much as possible. Forza, Need for Speed, Saints Row, A.P.B.. So at this moment I am focused on the Online play and the risk of having everything I earn destroyed by random players. The way I see it. GTAV is the SIMS with no rules, and a game that is so large it takes appeal out of it.

How are others beginning to feel with GTA? Too big? Too Late (Playstation 4 coming)?

zion777
08-30-2013, 03:19 PM
There is not really much known about the online part yet other than that video released. The most players at a time will be 16 so it is really unsure how the game world will work. Seems your house/garage will be persistent but that could be an instance in the main city and the rest is simply your typical cause destruction and it goes back to normal. Or perhaps the hosts world will stay the way it was left or something. Hopefully we will know more soon.

My biggest concern is the fact that I am unsure if I will buy it so close to the next gen consoles coming. Will I really play it when I have Watch Dogs etc on PS4?

JoeGamester
09-02-2013, 07:11 AM
I pre-ordered the Special Edition PS3 version that recently sold-out on Amazon and Gamestop. I might stream some gameplay on my Twitch channel the day it's released :3

Trust, Me I Got This
09-02-2013, 02:56 PM
You're not quite sold on GTA V? Wow.

Muzy72
09-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Someone has a different opinion than you, crazy, right!?!

diddyknux
09-03-2013, 04:33 AM
Well, I'm not gonna be getting it day one. I want to see what the "feel" of the game is. If its more like GTAIV then I won't be getting it, as I found IV very boring.

Trust, Me I Got This
09-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Someone has a different opinion than you, crazy, right!?!
A different opinion to 95% of people who have seen the game.

zion777
09-13-2013, 06:11 AM
Ended up reserving it the other day, and find myself counting down til I can play it next week.

Hartross
09-14-2013, 03:47 AM
Unless we get a PC release I am not getting it period. Hate playing games with shooter elements with a controller

zion777
09-14-2013, 05:58 AM
Unless we get a PC release I am not getting it period. Hate playing games with shooter elements with a controller

I often am all for waiting on the port to PC, but Rockstar has a rough track record of poorly launched PC games. Typically some patchets etc clean things up, but they do not seem to be very interested int he PC market.

Baltes
09-14-2013, 04:23 PM
hey! i'll be streaming GTAV for TSG Presents beginning at 9pm EST on Tuesday!

StopDropAndBear
09-14-2013, 07:21 PM
So who's getting it on PS3 and will join me in online adventures _awesome_

DNAbro
09-14-2013, 07:59 PM
This gif almost sold me on the game. Almost
[spoiler:13n0rvx3]http://i.minus.com/iRcKqZZKKi02.gif[/spoiler:13n0rvx3]

I would get the game but I am getting the Zelda Wii U bundle and my time will be occupied with that.

Baltes
09-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Bear I will be joining you on PS3!

StopDropAndBear
09-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Bear I will be joining you on PS3!

Awww yiss

Muzy72
09-14-2013, 11:43 PM
I'll probably be joining you Bear :D

Crap, now that I think about it, I totally forgot to add your 3DS FC didn't I? D:

Hartross
09-15-2013, 01:47 AM

I often am all for waiting on the port to PC, but Rockstar has a rough track record of poorly launched PC games. Typically some patchets etc clean things up, but they do not seem to be very interested int he PC market.
Actually that's a good point I got GTA IV on steam and it's basically unplayable it's so buggy. I dunno I just wish Microsoft or Sony would make their consoles have mouse connectivity. I am sure it's going to be a good game, I'll just be useless at it in it's current form though

Reozen
09-15-2013, 05:21 AM
Bear, I'm going to get the game but not sure when exactly I'll be getting it.

cHicKeLoR
09-15-2013, 12:53 PM
well... I will probably play it someday but only on PC. I am not planning to buy a gaming system just to play GTAV. I'll just have to wait. Just gonna replay another GTA game for quench my thrist ;)

StopDropAndBear
09-15-2013, 02:18 PM
I'll probably be joining you Bear :D

Crap, now that I think about it, I totally forgot to add your 3DS FC didn't I? D:

Heh, no worries! Just added yours

zion777
09-15-2013, 03:03 PM
So who's getting it on PS3 and will join me in online adventures _awesome_

I will be on PS3 as well.

DNAbro
09-16-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm starting to want it more >_<

Gah I might give in. I need to see how big the download is for it on PS3. If i can make enough room on the harddrive I will probably give in.

EDIT: Still not 100% but y'all should add me on PSN anyways.

Reozen
09-17-2013, 04:12 AM

Gah I might give in. I need to see how big the download is for it on PS3. If i can make enough room on the harddrive I will probably give in.

You should get it looks like it's going to be a great game. Don't forget Baltes is going to be streaming the game on his channel between 7-8 AM CST and he'll be streaming on TSG Presents at 8 PM CST.

zion777
09-17-2013, 07:45 AM

You should get it looks like it's going to be a great game. Don't forget Baltes is going to be streaming the game on his channel between 7-8 AM CST and he'll be streaming on TSG Presents at 8 PM CST.

Not sure how big it is overall, but you have to install 8 gigs even with the disc.

DNAbro
09-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Okay I gave in and got it. Installing on ps3 as i type

Edit: rumors were right and digital version has pop-in issues. get physical if you can.

Froznpanther
09-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Okay. I made a mistake. That mistake is I missed reading somewhere that Online will not be available for two weeks _dead_ I really never cared for the stories. I though they were good and deep but way too...boring. So I currently own a game that my original intent was online. Rockstar has forced my hand at story...Well played Rockstar...

First off I did read it will never be released for PC (or mac...However there is an app you can buy for your iPhone that is directly linked to the games....iFruit)

So those of you playing and not playing nothing at this point will be a spoiler.

The game is great. I hate that fact. I am weird like that I admit. Seriously my favorite movie is Tremors....Anyways the story answers questions, it makes sense and continues to make you question what next. Or makes you question hey whats over there. OH-Shiny, does this blow up, why did I die from running? How come I can jump off a bridge with a parachute and deploy but i can drive a perfectly healthy semi-truck off the top of a mountain and dive out and deploy my parachute (it is because gap between leaving the truck and the ground is too shallow...You will die, if you were wondering)

Back to things that matter. Rockstar has compiled the random missions from the previous games including some game mechanics from Red Dead Redemption. It worked. They also spliced in the racing and customization of cars from Midnight Club. Hit or miss (I am an avid racing fan. I do not appreciate a car that feels like a shopping cart on ice. However they were very forgiving in this aspect and often your failure results in misguided carnage). The shooting and shootouts have been fun. They often are easy, and you begin to get cocky and want to one-man-army the game and Rockstar is quick to remind you bullets+explosive containers= Press "X" to retry.

Moving on like an adult with ADD and possibly forgetting what he was originally ranting about. I was in the end correct. This game is massive and because of that there seems like there is just way too much to do. I have enjoyed the story line. It has definitely gone into a direction I was not at all expecting from Rockstar. So next time I hear they are creating a game where they can do ANYTHING they want, I will be sold. There so far is something for everyone in this game. So if you are interested and have the $60. After selling over $800,000,000.00, feel free to buy it and resell it before too many used copies tarnish the market. But definitely give it two more weeks until the online content comes out.

Snowy620
09-23-2013, 06:55 PM
I got this last Friday. I wasn't completely sold on it, but me and some friends wanted to do the online so I got it. I started playing it the next day and I fell in love with it. The story is so fun and the characters are great. I just love every little bit of it. I'm playing it on the 360 with no major graphical problems.

zion777
10-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Online mode launched today, I am about to log in and give it a try. I am playing on Playstation, and would love to have some of you playing add me on there. Zion1453 is my name on PSN and I hope to join some in some crazy adventures soon.

IG_42
10-01-2013, 05:13 PM
if anyone is interested in 360 shinanigens my gamertag is IG_4T2

diddyknux
10-02-2013, 01:30 AM
My name on there is the same as here. I'm on the PS3 Haven't gotten to play it yet. I'm not mad though, anyone who expected a flawless launch was never gonna be happy.

zion777
10-02-2013, 04:53 PM
I so far have been unable to play as well, I was not mad either. They will figure it out and then I will have a blast.

diddyknux
10-02-2013, 06:11 PM
I've been able to get online, am going through the required tutorials now.

StopDropAndBear
10-03-2013, 11:23 AM
I understand they're trying to do something different but I'm a little bothered that I can't just jump right into free roam and start terrorizing the city with a bunch of strangers. That was really the best part of 4's online.

DNAbro
10-04-2013, 09:18 PM
I just want it to work...

Other than online woes, i finished the game! One of the most pure fun games i have played. Immensely enjoyable overall.

Trust, Me I Got This
10-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I really don't care about Online and will probably never touch it. I'd much rather mess around with the world on my own, rather than go online and have to worry about dicks, trying to gun me down every 5 minutes.

diddyknux
10-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Actually, I haven't had problems with online since that first day. And I've only gotten targeted by a griefer once. You have a point though, there's tons to do in just the single player for those uninterested in online.

zion777
10-11-2013, 08:06 AM
I played about an hour, and was pretty bored of the online. Been sticking to the single player since then. Perhaps I just need a headset and people to play with, but it just felt like I was forced to wait over and over on strangers.

Froznpanther
10-14-2013, 07:47 PM
So after many many many deaths, and rage induced tantrums. I have concluded that the game has set out to do what it wanted....To aggravate me...after being unable to play online for the first week after launch. I was finally able to make a troll and a serious player....after watching the intro to the video about 10 times (Because my character kept being deleted) I got passed the first mission with a group of other trolls that forced us to stay on one mission far longer then intended...Eventually I arrived to free roam aspect of the game.

Things to note. Yes you can kill someone who is a player just for the hell of it. You can also pay $100 to place yourself in passive (if you attack a player are removed from passive with a cooldown). Online the cops are a lot smarter and relentless. they still have standards, unable to drive in subway or on railways. However if you rob a store or shoot someone the cops keep track of your crimes. You can do anything you want with a mask for temporary relief from the cops once you escape.

With everything you can do. If you have a group of people this all becomes way more fun. Also trolling as a team is enjoyable. i prefer following someone and waiting when they go into a store to rob the place or to buy close to call 911 and also shoot the living out of them while they are distracted. Each kill will drop $100 unless you deposit your cash at an ATM to store in the bank.

There are loads of activities to partake in. Most of the activities are group based such as races and death matches. All of which are fun. All of which are trollable. The actual missions that do exists range from stealing cars to money. They also tend to require more then one participant. The good news is if you hire a random player you can by all means rate that individual. If they trolled or just wern't good enough the feed back you leave will last for all to see. Troll too much and you may not be invited to other missions, or you may not be able to get others to join your missions.

In the end Online is/can be pretty fun. It is GTA online and is as simple as that. And who couldn't use a friend like Lamar.

diddyknux
10-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Beat the game. Thought it was great, I have very few problems with it. Not sure if it overtakes San Andreas as my favorite GTA, but its close.