PDA

View Full Version : Hearthstone

zion777
09-01-2013, 10:16 AM
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

I just got into the beta for Hearthstone. Which for those of you that are unaware it is a online TCG game by Blizzard. It is based on World of Warcraft, with familiar characters and skills. So far I am really enjoying it. The game moves at a fast paced and has enough similarities and differences from games like Magic the Gathering to keep it fun and exciting. You pick a class and level it up as you play and customize decks around that class. In order to unlock the other classes you must beat the AI version of them.

Multiplayer can be random match ups which when playing ranked mode you earn medals. The other option is the Arena (which I have not tried yet). You have to pay real money to enter the Arena, and in which you draft a deck and compete until you have lost two matches. At that point you would need to enter the arena (by paying) and draft a new deck.

I foresee I will playing this way too much and get pretty addicted, especially since I love TCGs but do not have the time or really anywhere I could play in person.

Hope to see some of you in the game during beta/retail. If anyone else has gotten in let me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQvtgCfvnN4&list=PLEFn_PVNSM6j_-4YpjZn1aLvp-K5F-F7T&index=1
Video link since I failed at getting the embedded to work :(

Kairamek
09-01-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm looking forward this game. Like a lot. I like the idea of CCG but I'm not about to invest. Plus I like practicing on AI. At this time can you play against friends, or is PvP strictly matchmaking?

[ Post made via Android ]

TheSpeedGamers
09-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Tha's awesome! I'm super jealous of you. I've been watching a lot of streams of the game and it looks fantastic. I hope I get into the beta soon.

zion777
09-01-2013, 09:51 PM
I believe you can play with friends but none of my friends are in the beta. If I read right, you can play with friends but you do not earn levels or anything when you do. I also forgot to mention that they give you quests and challenges that completing give you gold to buy booster packs with or even give you booster packs. So You should be able to play without any money investments, but likely at a slower deck building rate.

Kairamek
09-02-2013, 03:36 AM
That's good. I hate pay to win, but I like the pay to accelerate model.

[ Post made via Android ]

Overload
09-09-2013, 05:08 PM
I've been playing the beta and am enjoying it quite a bit. It's extremely frustrating though, playing on a wireless connection. Games drop frequently and there's no chance to reconnect. It would be nice if there was some sort of grace period to reconnect to the match instead of losing instantly. It kind of ruins the game...

zion777
09-09-2013, 11:34 PM
I've been playing the beta and am enjoying it quite a bit. It's extremely frustrating though, playing on a wireless connection. Games drop frequently and there's no chance to reconnect. It would be nice if there was some sort of grace period to reconnect to the match instead of losing instantly. It kind of ruins the game...

I have only disconnected once, but yeah that is something that needs to be addressed.

Naafeih
11-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Just got my beta invite.

I forget how Blizzard friends list works. If it's just user name, feel free to add Naafeih.