PDA

View Full Version : Mighty No. 9 by Keiji Inafune

Kennyan
09-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Since he no longer has the rights to use the Mega Man IP, Keiji Inafune is kickstarting a spiritual sequel. It's doing great with over one million dollars pledged and fully funded after only two days.

Worth looking into if you're a fan of the sidescrolling MM games..

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Amaterasu
09-02-2013, 02:38 PM
I commented about this on FMT, but I'm really looking forward to this. I'm hoping that the stretch goal of $2.5 million is met, since I use a laptop for PC gaming, and those aren't exactly the best for playing games.

cHicKeLoR
09-02-2013, 02:57 PM
really looking forward to this. I really love Mega Man and this seems to be a must play for me. I hope that they reach all goals (since I might want to get a Wii U sometime in the far future). Also.. If I remember correctly some developer wrote them on twitter that he/she would be interested to do a 3ds version.. in that case I would have to buy it twice. Which is ok with me :)

TheSpeedGamers
09-02-2013, 05:30 PM
I was so pumped watching the video for this on kickstarter. What's even cooler is our friends from Fangamer are partnered with this project!

philip0544
09-02-2013, 07:00 PM
i just backed it with $20. looks like its gonna be totally sweet. too bad its not going to be out until Q2 2015. _megaman_

Muzy72
09-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Pledged $120. This game is going to be SWEET

LegendOfCookies
09-02-2013, 11:04 PM
I haven't played too much Megaman (I've only played 2, 9 and 10) but I'm really excited for this game! Hopefully I'll be able to back it soon enough because I really want to see this game succeed.

zion777
09-03-2013, 07:10 AM
I was so pumped watching the video for this on kickstarter. What's even cooler is our friends from Fangamer are partnered with this project!

Assuming this means we can expect some pretty sweet Mighty No. 9 stuff then!

I am excited about this game as well. The trailer I saw looks quite fun. I was glad to see how fast they hit the goal.

Sangome
09-03-2013, 08:19 AM
I'm totally going to be backing at least $20 for this baby as soon as I can spare it. Really hope they can hit 2.5mil, I'd love to get this on the PS3 or the Wii U when I get one.

Kennyan
09-03-2013, 10:34 AM
So a quick hypothetical question.. It's some time after the release of Mighty No. 9 and there is an upcoming Mega Man marathon, this game should be:

A) Included, of course! Why wouldn't it be?
B) Added as a bonus game if there is time left.
C) Not included at all.

cHicKeLoR
09-03-2013, 11:05 AM
I would say B and only because I think the game will be good and therefore I would like to see it. It is not a Mega Man game. Althogh very similar it is its own creation and might even spawn several sequels itself.

Muzy72
09-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Man, this has been a damn good year for Mega Man fans. First the Mega Man marathon early this year, then Mega Man in Smash Bros., now this!

Kennyan
09-05-2013, 10:39 AM
They rearranged the stretch goals to prioritize console versions.. The new amount sits at $2'200'000.. While I was certain they were going to reach the old amount anyway, it's nice to see that they respond to feedback..

MalkanorBek
09-05-2013, 12:06 PM
I've never played a MEga Man game in my life (besides 64), but if this came out on the Wii U, I'd buy it in a heat beat. Hopefully I'll get some spare change by the end of September so I can back this project.

ZebraGoomba
09-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Even though I have had little to no experience playing a Mega Man game (I had 3 on my phone, but that was a crappy port and I didn't finish it), I'd be really interested in this. I saw it like last week or something and though it seemed interesting, but looking at it a second time, I'm genuinely interested. That sample track was pretty awesome, too.

knarfelyk
09-05-2013, 04:05 PM
This seems pretty interesting. I only wish the kickstarter video had shown more of the concept of the game. I haven't backed anything on kickstarter yet, but I've been thinking about it for a while. My biggest worry with funding games is that I'll no longer be interested by the time the game actually gets released in 1.5 - 2 years. I'll probably back this at $20, since that seems like a reasonable amount for a game, and if I do lose interest, its not a huge amount of money to lose.

Kennyan
09-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm still excited about the DFA kickstarter and that was a while ago now.. Of course it helps that it has an ongoing documentary, but MN9 will have a documentary too by the same people even..

Btw they announced some new stretch goals.. Among them online co-op, I really hope they hit that..

Kennyan
09-17-2013, 11:58 AM
So they hit another stretch goal and now the game is confirmed for consoles..

LegendOfCookies
09-17-2013, 07:53 PM
I really want them to hit the online co-op stretch goal. I'm interested in seeing how that would work.

Kennyan
09-29-2013, 04:31 AM
Yay, online co-op is confirmed.. They also reached the stretch goal for intro stage + boss..

KEM64
10-02-2013, 12:23 PM
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=213558

Well, the Kickstarter for Mighty No. 9 has ended. And they've reached every stretch goal with the help of Kickstarter and Paypal.

The Stretch Goals after the Intro Stage and Boss that the game was able to reach....

-$3.1 million: Support Character (I'm guessing this support character is Beck's answer to Mega Man's Rush).

-$3.3 Million: PS4 and XBox One Versions.

-$3.5 Million: 3DS and PS Vita versions.

-$3.7 Million: A Single-Player stage starring Call (The Heroine of the game), complete with a boss.

Speaking of Call, they have a poll going on allowing voters to vote for her design.

-$3.8 Million: An option to play the game with a Chiptune Soundtrack and Sound Effects along with the actual soundtrack.

-$4 Million: Online Battle Race Mode.

The game was able to reach all those goals. Over $4 Million dollars funded....

I bet Capcom is really kicking themselves right now.

Governor_Explosion
11-04-2013, 10:40 PM
A friend of a friend made a joke about the protagonist of Mighty No. 9 being named Beck because he's "an alternative Rock", and I was just...I don't know if that was intentional, but I still like that explanation.

Kennyan
09-01-2014, 11:59 AM
They released the beta today.. Quite nice for an early build, shame it's only one level so far though.. Would have loved to actually try out the abilities..