PDA

View Full Version : PS Vita TV

DNAbro
09-09-2013, 09:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sey0Iyl.jpg

Basically it's a PS Vita for your tv that can play PS Vita games and compete against Apple Tv/Roku as a media box. All for 99$. I don't know about you but this sounds amazing.

Persona 4 Golden box.

localretard
09-09-2013, 11:39 AM
I might actually be interested in the Vita now considering it's basically a $100 price drop.

zion777
09-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Perhaps it is because i have a Vita and use it when I don't have TV access, but this does not really interest me. Perhaps when I know more about what all it does I will change my mind though.

localretard
09-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Perhaps it is because i have a Vita and use it when I don't have TV access, but this does not really interest me. Perhaps when I know more about what all it does I will change my mind though.
Probably not. If you already have a Vita, I doubt you'll care about getting basically another one just to play on your TV. For other people though, this is a cheap way to play good quality games while also having access to Hulu and Netflix. It's a mini console essentially.

DNAbro
09-09-2013, 11:59 AM

The other thing it can do is allow you to play PS4 games on any TV in the house. (I think something like that.) But yeah that requires a PS4.

Also I realized i can get DanganRonpa when it comes out in America.

zion777
09-09-2013, 12:11 PM

The other thing it can do is allow you to play PS4 games on any TV in the house. (I think something like that.) But yeah that requires a PS4.

This is a feature that may spark a little bit of my interest. But yeah Local, if it basically would just let me play vita on TV then yeah it would not be for me.

Baltes
09-09-2013, 12:32 PM
i want this, but i also want to play FF 14 while i poop
so do i go for this to get vita games in general
or an actual vita to craft on the john...
hmmmm, decisions decisions

DrewStern
09-09-2013, 12:56 PM
This is interesting, will probably give OUYA a run for its money.

[ Post made via Android ]

DNAbro
09-09-2013, 01:10 PM

Ouya doesn't need anything to give it a run for its money.

GoldGameMaster
09-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Might have to get me one of these. There are several titles from both the PSP and Vita that I have wanted to play, but I just couldn't see paying 250$ as being worth it.

Baltes
09-09-2013, 03:58 PM

Ouya doesn't need anything to give it a run for its money.

that implies the Ouya is making money

DNAbro
09-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Good point. Let's pretend Ouya didn't happen and people weren't stupid enough to kickstart it.

localretard
09-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Good point. Let's pretend Ouya didn't happen and people weren't stupid enough to kickstart it.
The Ouya is great for developers, but it was a test to see if there is a bridge between the casual phone gamer and the console gamer. Ouya proves there isn't that bridge or market yet. I'm glad people are still willing to take risks. Which is why I'm glad to see this coming from Sony. If this is popular, I can easily see Nintendo doing something similar with DS/3DS games and the gamepad.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Overload
09-09-2013, 05:06 PM
This squashed any interest I had in the Ouya. Methinks I'll ask for one for Christmas if they're out at that time. It's a shame that touch-based games won't be supported though. It would be neat if they later added PS4 controllers support, utilizing the touch panel on that.

DNAbro
09-09-2013, 05:20 PM
This squashed any interest I had in the Ouya. Methinks I'll ask for one for Christmas if they're out at that time. It's a shame that touch-based games won't be supported though. It would be neat if they later added PS4 controllers support, utilizing the touch panel on that.

It's not coming out in America this year. SCEA is focusing completely on PS4 this holiday while SCEJ is focusing on PS Vita/TV for Japan. We will be getting it eventually though.

they are going to support dualshock 4 in the future.

LegendOfCookies
09-09-2013, 05:52 PM
I never even considered getting a vita but this really interests me. I might pick it up (mostly for Dangan Ronpa).

Masamune
09-09-2013, 06:18 PM
cheap and tv play oh my, guess i'm getting this when i decide to get a vita

Sangome
09-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Kinda wondering how well Vita games would actually display on a big TV. Seems to me like it'd be stretchy.

Regardless, though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested. Perhaps I shall pick this up at some point were it to come over here.

jdtwins2009
09-10-2013, 09:37 AM
I hope this does really well too. Make Nintendo take a look into doing something similar!

Really like how it's a hub too. Don't know if I'll get this or not whenever it comes out since I've already got a Vita but its a possibility.
Of course I'll need to actually have some physical games for Vita for that to be a point of interest.

Muzy72
09-10-2013, 10:55 AM
The Ouya is great for developers, but it was a test to see if there is a bridge between the casual phone gamer and the console gamer. Ouya proves there isn't that bridge or market yet. I'm glad people are still willing to take risks. Which is why I'm glad to see this coming from Sony. If this is popular, I can easily see Nintendo doing something similar with DS/3DS games and the gamepad.

[ Post made via iPhone ]We do NOT want something similar for 3DS. The thought of polygonal 240p games stretched out to fit an HDTV makes me barf.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

pkGamerB
09-11-2013, 01:23 PM
I haven't been all that interested in getting a Vita, but for a price like this, I'd consider it. Even though I'd prefer to have an actual handheld rather than having to play on my TV, paying almost $200 for an actual Vita wouldn't be worth it for just a handful of games I'd want to play. Media box features are cool too I guess, but I already have a bunch of other stuff that can do that.

diddyknux
09-11-2013, 03:28 PM
I dig it. Same principle as the Game Boy Player, really. And the cheaper price tag is nice.

zion777
09-14-2013, 05:57 AM
I am wondering how all the touch screen and rear touch etc of the Vita games would be handled or if those game just wont be able to be played. I have played a lot of Vita games that have those elements for no other reason than to have them, and think it would be a shame if due to that they couldn't be played on the Vita TV.

Masamune
09-15-2013, 04:04 AM
no plans to release this outside asia, rip :(

zion777
09-15-2013, 03:08 PM
no plans to release this outside asia, rip :(

I think they said they are gonna see how it does in Japan first and then see about bringing it west. So there is still a chance it will.

90HeroMAXD
09-26-2013, 04:37 AM
Regardless of whether or not it'll be released in the states, PS Vita is region unlocked. If I recall this thing will only read game cards(though if it can read memory cards as well I'd be even happier) Yeah we may have to pay more, but psh If I can record any PS Vita games without having to upgrade to a v.2000 just to plug my vita to a tele I'm down.