PDA

View Full Version : Life Stinks

ShonnaRose
09-15-2013, 12:07 AM
I don't think I've mentioned everything that's been going on with me lately. My life changed a whole lot in 2012. I'm sure a lot of you know that my Orientation for college fell on the same day the week-long Pokemon marathon started last year. While everybody was hanging out in the chat, getting pumped for the marathon, I was at school getting pumped for college. My very first day of class started on July 16th, and I was beyond excited. I had been waiting years to start going to school, and I fell in love with the school that I'm at. It's called Robert Morris University, and it's based in Chicago, IL, but I go to the much, much, much smaller Springfield, IL campus. I am currently majoring in Graphic Design, and I should have Associate's Degree at the end of next week. I start working towards my Bachelor's Degree the week right after.

If starting college was the only thing that happened last year, last year would have been the best year of my life. I'm sure some of you know for those who follow me on Twitter or are friends with me on Facebook know, but my mother passed away December 26th last year. I won't go into detail exactly what we went through with her for many years, but it ended the way we didn't want, of course. This year has been very difficult to get through, but I'm still in college. I'm not giving up on my life no matter what.

Since then, I have started to be afraid of what will happen to me later on. I can't stop thinking about it, but the past couple of days have been better.

I don't know. I just thought I should mention it on here, since I've been inactive for so long. I'm trying to be back on here more often, and I plan on donating during the Christmas marathon. I'll definitely be watching it. I'm going to need as much distraction as I can get.

Apple314
09-15-2013, 04:03 AM
That's horrible! I'm so sorry to hear that, and I really don't know what to say! My condolences, and I do hope things get better for you. :(

Reozen
09-15-2013, 05:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Rose, I hope you and your family are going to be alright It's great to have you back on the forum if you need talk or anything don't hesitate to ask. By the way, happy belated birthday!

Shiron
09-15-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family. Hope things turn around for you. ^_^ From what you've said though, despite it being difficult, you sound like you've been handling it well, so I hope you can keep that up.

Also, you're university likely offers some type of counseling services, including grief counseling. Don't be afraid to seek those out at all (especially since they're likely part of your tuition anyway), as they're just there to help, especially with these type of situations. Despite any connotations the idea might have, there's nothing shameful or embarrassing about seeking out counseling services. They're just there to give you someone you can talk to, in a completely safe and secure environment (since due to doctor-patient confidentiality, nothing you tell them can leave the room without their permission). And also, typically you can just talk about whatever you want and whatever makes you feel comfortable--it doesn't have to be anything negative or that you're not comfortable with, unless you do want to talk about that stuff.

Of course, it might turn out that that's not the right fit or option for you, but what I'm getting at is that don't forget that your university likely does have resources like that available, just for these type of situations, and never feel afraid or embarrassed to use them or anything if there's any chance they could help you to get through this, as that's what they're there for. ^_^

ShonnaRose
09-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. It's been hard, but we've been getting through it. We all miss my mom, and I don't think a day goes by that my dad doesn't cry for her. Some days, I do, but some days I don't. I still miss her.

Anyway, it's just been a crazy couple of years, and I'm glad to be back around more often. (The contest is helping. Lol) I might start sharing some of my work that I've done on college on here soon. I have some of my photography pictures uploaded on my Facebook, but I don't have them anywhere else. I need to get back on my tumblr and post some blogs and photos. I would love to show you guys some pictures of my nieces, but I don't think their parents would be happy about that. They had a cow (well, their mom did) when I mentioned about using pictures of their daughters for class, but they had already known that from the beginning. Yeah, I won't go into detail about that whole situation, but they really created some drama for us before and after my mom's death. Not fun.