PDA

View Full Version : 2013-14 TSG Fantasy Basketball League (sign up thread)

pkGamerB
09-22-2013, 03:34 PM
The NBA season is nearly upon us again, so it's time for fantasy basketball again! If you're interested in joining this year's league, just say so here in this thread. I'll use the same head-to-head-points scoring system we've had for the last two years, and as usual, you'll need an ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/) (free) account to join. We need at least 8 people to start the league, and we can add as many as 20. Like last season, I'll buy a $10 Steam game for the league champion.

Sign ups will be open from now until October 30, 2013, and the draft will be held on November 3 (Sunday), at 7PM CST (don't forget daylight savings time ends this weekend). If you think you'll miss the draft but still want to join, there is an auto-draft feature that you can customize to your liking.

Anyway, for anyone who's new to fantasy basketball but interested in joining, I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have in this thread or via PM.

1. pkGamerB
2. DrewStern
3. Brineboy
4. Trombonus
5. Naafeih
6. GiraffesAreDope
7. 16BitGeek

2011-2012 - pkGamerB
2012-2013: Brineboy
2013-2014: Naafeih

DrewStern
09-22-2013, 03:40 PM
You can count me in!

[ Post made via Android ]

pkGamerB
10-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Bumped to see if anyone else is interested in signing up.

Brineboy
10-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Somehow missed this so of course I'll join in. Currently I believe that saturday will work better for me.

Trombonus
10-09-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm totally in! :D

Brineboy
10-17-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm surprised so few people are up for it this year.

Naafeih
10-18-2013, 09:05 AM
I'll go again.
I need to start doing research. The only thing I've been watching is Simmon's and Jalen's NBA Preview.

pkGamerB
10-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Well, we're still three people short. The season starts next Wednesday, so I'll leave sign ups open through next Wednesday (10/30), and we'll draft sometime the following weekend (11/2 or 3). It'll mess with the scoring for the first week, but the alternative is cancelling it altogether. If you know anybody who might be interested and may have missed this thread, let em know.

Giraffesaredope
10-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Oh me put Giraffes in again

pkGamerB
10-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Still looking for two people to join. Today's the last day.

Question for those of you that have joined already, if we don't manage to get 8 people, do you guys still want to try and do this with 6? I'm cool with it either way, so I'll let you guys decide.

16BitGeek
10-30-2013, 08:52 PM
You know what sign me up, I'll try fantasy basketball this year! :)

Brineboy
10-30-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm cool trying it however way. Shame more people aren't up for it

pkGamerB
10-30-2013, 09:59 PM
With 7 people, we can make this work, since I'll reuse last year's dummy account and we can have the top 4 go to the playoffs. I'll create the league and send out the info tomorrow afternoon, so if any last minute stragglers want to join, be sure to post or PM me ASAP.

The draft will be this Sunday (November 3). Is 7PM CST cool with you guys? Don't forget to account for the clocks going an hour back this weekend.

16BitGeek
10-30-2013, 10:36 PM
7PM CST works good for me! :)

Brineboy
10-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Yea that sounds good to me. But knowing my past record I'll forget that its happening the half an hour before it starts like before. I'll pick it up from there though.

Naafeih
10-31-2013, 10:24 PM
Fine with me.

pkGamerB
10-31-2013, 11:17 PM
I created the league and sent out PMs with the info, so everyone be sure to actually go and join the league sometime before draft day, even if you can't make the draft.

Rules are the same as last year, and the top 6 teams will make the playoffs (division winners get a first round bye).

Trombonus
11-03-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm excited for this you guys! Good luck tonight!

pkGamerB
11-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Draft is in just under 2 hours, fellas. Good luck!

pkGamerB
11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Good draft, guys! I think I've got a decent team this year, even though I lack a true superstar. I'm hoping Love, George, or Cousins can possibly fill that role though. At the very least, my team's well balanced. How do you all feel about your teams?

On a different note, there was no way to make the stats from last week not count, so today is technically the end of week 1, unfortunately. Our first full week starts tomorrow, so don't forget to set your lineups!

16BitGeek
11-03-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm really happy with my team. Managed to get Harden and Rose as my super stars. Rose is gonna need some time to get back his rhythm but I think it won't take him to long. Really excited that I got Anthony Davis, I really think he is going to have a big breakout year. Also got Kawhi, Oladipo, and Jimmy Butler. I watched the first 3 Bulls game and Jimmy is looking pretty solid, he's been getting good numbers all around. All and all I think I've got a good team. Good luck to all of you this year. :)

Brineboy
11-04-2013, 01:11 PM
I said it would happen and it happened. I even had the page up (and this topic) and forgot right before it started like always. Oh well I am happy with my team and will be able to shape it up however needed.

pkGamerB
11-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Jordan Hill would drop 24 and 17 the day after I decide not to pick him up. Cost me this week's game, haha. I thought he'd be overmatched by the Pistons' huge frontcourt, so I went with Robin Lopez instead. DeMarcus Cousins having a terrible night and only playing 18 minutes certainly didn't help, either. Oh well, it was a fun matchup to watch throughout the week. GG, Naafeih.

Naafeih
11-19-2013, 02:22 PM
It was pure luck that MCW got hurt and I could put him on IR to pick up Hill. That was fun though.

Trombonus
11-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Don't forget to utilize your Injured Reserve list guys! I notice a few of you keeping injured players on your main roster. By placing those players on the IR, you can free up a spot on your roster to add another player temporarily until the injured player is ready to return. It's better than playing them every game and not getting any points. Just keep track of how the injured players are doing and if they'll be back soon. You may miss a game or two when they come back, but chances are they'd get limited minutes anyway so you wouldn't be missing much.

Also I noticed a couple times that some days people would leave eligible players on their bench and would miss out on those points as well. Don't forget you can set your lineups as many days in advance as you like, and can adjust them whenever. I usually set mine at least a week in advance, and sometimes even two weeks. That way, if you're not around on a particular day, it doesn't matter as much. It's hard getting online to set your rosters every single day for various reasons, so at least this is flexible.

Brineboy
11-30-2013, 09:21 PM
I realized earlier today that I forgot to put Steve Nash in my IR. Picked up Steve Blake in his place hopefully he can do me some good.

Trombonus
12-01-2013, 05:40 PM
I realized earlier today that I forgot to put Steve Nash in my IR. Picked up Steve Blake in his place hopefully he can do me some good.
Always a good idea to replace an injured starter with the guy who's going to replace him, and he's been playing well lately.

Trombonus
12-02-2013, 05:10 PM
So we currently have two undefeated teams, but after this week there will be only one. I've been looking forward to this matchup for a while! May the best team win! :D

Naafeih
12-09-2013, 10:00 AM
I couldn't remember my forum log-in.

But I just wanted to say *grumble* *grumble*

Brineboy
03-24-2014, 10:46 PM
Playoffs and I want nothing more than to beat Tromby this round especially after our close game 2 weeks ago where I thought I was doing good than the last day he

pkGamerB
03-31-2014, 02:40 PM
Well guys, this is it. Championship round starts today, between Tromby and Naafeih, who have been on a collision course with one another all season long. Remember, I'm buying $10 worth of Steam game(s) for the winner, so don't forget to set your lineups. Good luck to both of you!

pkGamerB
04-06-2014, 09:59 PM
With tonight's games all finished, I can officially crown this year's winner. Naafeih is this year's champion, with a 803-787 win against Trombonus! Congrats on the win! It ended up being a lot closer than I thought it'd be, but you managed to hold on to the lead in the end. Congrats to Tromby as well for making it to the finals, and nearly pulling off an undefeated season.

Naafeih, I'll be sending you a PM shortly asking what Steam game(s) you want for your prize.

Good season fellas, and hopefully I'll see you all again next year!

Naafeih
04-07-2014, 02:37 PM
216 points on the last day. That was amazing and scared the heck out of me.

Good season y'all.

Trombonus
04-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Congratulations Naaf! That was about as epic of a final matchup as you can get and I tip my hat to you.

Can't wait for next year! :D

Brineboy
04-08-2014, 10:00 PM
That was a very good year. Had a lot of fun. A lot of close games. Congrats Naafeih. Looking forward to next year.