PDA

View Full Version : 7 Nintendo 64 games that could be remade on Wii U

the1stpkmnfan
11-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Apparently, there's talk around Nintendo. There are going to be a given number of Nintendo 64 games to be remade on the Wii U. My only puzzling thought is "what games can they be?" Seven seems like a small number, but it's got a lot of open opprotunities here. I just wonder which 64 games can be remade. It may also sound too good to be true, but hey, I never say no to a remake.

Here's the article from MNN:
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/24/ni ... ed-series/ (http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/24/nintendo-planning-hd-remakes-of-seven-n64-titles-on-wii-u-as-reumagined-series/)

List of Nintendo 64 games:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_64_games

So what 7 games from the Nintendo 64 console can you see be remade onto the Wii U?

My list:
1. F-Zero
2. Donkey Kong 64
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (if not on the 3DS)
4. Yoshi Story
5. Pokemon Snap (more enhanced while remade)
6. Snowboard Kids
7. Super Mario 64 (eh? I know a DS remake was made, but it seems way too iconic to not be remade)

I could count Banjo-Kazooie and Conker out since they're owned by Microsoft/Rare. It'd also be silly and uncessary to remake a Mario Kart or Party game. Let alone Paper Mario for that matter.

cHicKeLoR
11-20-2013, 07:19 AM
My list:
1. F-Zero
2. Donkey Kong 64
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (if not on the 3DS)
4. Yoshi Story
5. Pokemon Snap (more enhanced while remade)
6. Snowboard Kids
7. Super Mario 64 (eh? I know a DS remake was made, but it seems way too iconic to not be remade)

I agree with some of your choices. I would like to see a remake (or new entry in the franchise) of F-Zero and Pokemon Snap. Majora's Mask would be better on 3ds but I'll take any remake of that.
My list consists of games I would like a remake OR a new entry. I would prefer the latter but I'll take anything ;)

My list:
1. F-Zero
2. Pokemon Snap
3. Pokemon Stadion (a real good remake with x/y Poke gen and possibly poke bank link)
4. Pilot Wings
(5. Majora's Mask - would prefer 3ds remake)

That being said.. alot of games I would like to see a remake of belong to Rare and I do not think that will happen. That is why I do not have a 6 and 7...

Nightlingbolt
11-20-2013, 10:02 AM
I think Paper Mario could be remade, but with TTYD mechanics (namely partners having HP), but also having two partners out at a time for greater puzzle depth than the original game.

Muzy72
11-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Lol, this is completely fake. Don't expect any 64 remakes for Wii U, the effort in remaking N64 games would be too much. That's why you never saw PS1 games remade on PS3. Expect GCN and Wii remakes, but not N64.

Also, MyNintendoNews is notorious for reporting on even the most BS rumors. Don't believe any rumor on that site.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

cHicKeLoR
11-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Lol, this is completely fake. Don't expect any 64 remakes for Wii U, the effort in remaking N64 games would be too much. That's why you never saw PS1 games remade on PS3. Expect GCN and Wii remakes, but not N64.

Also, MyNintendoNews is notorious for reporting on even the most BS rumors. Don't believe any rumor on that site.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

I did not even read the article... :D
Just thought about what would be nice

the1stpkmnfan
11-20-2013, 11:13 PM
That's why my skeptism came in. I didn't find this article first, I got the news from LPers in their videos. :P Still, I do think it feels too good to be true. Guess we'll see. Bet it'd be nice to replay a game remastered on the Wii U.

Hartross
11-21-2013, 06:00 AM
Pokemon snap is definitely something they should look at for the wii u. Donkey Kong, MM and Yoshi story I think would be better 3ds games

cHicKeLoR
11-21-2013, 06:39 AM
That's why my skeptism came in. I didn't find this article first, I got the news from LPers in their videos. :P Still, I do think it feels too good to be true. Guess we'll see. Bet it'd be nice to replay a game remastered on the Wii U.

Well, even if it is not true, thinking about what game could eventually come out and what you would like to see as a remake is kinda fun :) .

zion777
11-21-2013, 07:29 AM
I will try to avoid any Rare games since well Microsoft owns Rare I think. My list of 7 would be (in no particular order)
1. Pokemon Snap (GamePad could be perfect for it)
2. Rocket Robot on Wheels
3. Star Wars: Rouge Squadron
4. Star Fox 64
5. Body Harvest
6. N64 Castlevania games
7.Majora's Mask

MalkanorBek
11-22-2013, 12:18 AM
If there were any N64 games I'd really want to be remade, they'd be the Rare games that Nintendo doesn't have a license for anymore. I always wanted a good remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I would really, really, really, really, really want a remake of Space Station Silicon Valley. That's one of my favorite games from my childhood. It's a very quirky, interesting platformer that has been left unbeaten (100%-wise) because of a programing glitch that makes one of the collectables unobtainable. It would be nice to be able to beat the game and play the extra stage, without using a cheatcode.

Sangome
11-23-2013, 11:07 AM
I'd love love love to see Paper Mario see some sort of remaster, whether for the Wii U or 3DS. Maybe a compilation of the first three games if we're feeling ambitious. But I think a Paper Mario redone with TTYD/SPM's graphics, and the mechanics TTYD introduced like Safeguard and partners having HP would be pretty neat.

Other than that, I'd rally behind Majora's Mask and Pokemon Snap as well. Maybe even Megaman Legends/64, although that'd be more likely on a Sony system than anything else [although it's not very likely at all anyway cough cough].

oziliyaa
01-16-2014, 06:08 AM
For me it's the nostalgia of it all. The NES was a total monster in the 80's - it's probably my favorite toy of all time. Playing games like Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Brothers, Mega Man, etc was magical as a child. Their titles are innovative and fun. I still play a lot of the old Nes titles today, and Nintendo's done a great job of keeping the franchises alive by being one of the most innovative developers in the industry. Nintendo will most likely always have a place in the gaming market.

MSico
01-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Banjo was fully handed over to Microsoft, what with Nuts & Bolts and the re-release (and achievements added) on XBLA.

Here's what I hope happens

1. POKEMON SNAP omg omg please
2. Majora's Mask, although I hope it's a sequel and not a remake (crashing into the sun, do it Nintendo)
3. Star Fox, probably updated or given a new questline since it's also on 3DS
4. Pokémon Stadium, probably, because it'd be easy

I would really, really, really, really, really want a remake of Space Station Silicon Valley. That's one of my favorite games from my childhood. It's a very quirky, interesting platformer that has been left unbeaten (100%-wise) because of a programing glitch that makes one of the collectables unobtainable. It would be nice to be able to beat the game and play the extra stage, without using a cheatcode.
5. ^This. It's also one of Bear's favorites :3
6. Spider-Man 64, seriously the best, needs a remake like yesterday
7. Mischief Makers

Shiron
01-17-2014, 01:00 AM
If something from the N64 were to be remade, I'd love for it to be an actual remake of Diddy Kong Racing. First console game I played as a kid (can't remember if I actually played Pokemon before or after this, so I'm not sure if it's the first game I played period) and just a great game in general so I'd love to see it happen.

Other than that, you know you all want to see this game remade~ :D
[youtube:xgck4ay8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUaYkDMrIIQ[/youtube:xgck4ay8]

Homura
01-23-2014, 09:13 PM
1) Majora's Mask (Though I've never actually finished it before, or any other Zelda game for that matter)
2) Kirby 64 (Or an original Kirby game in a similar style, which would be better)
3) Yoshi's Story
4) Pokemon Stadium (Something like what they did with Battle Revolution)
5) Super Mario 64

That's all I can really say, since I never played many N64 games :<

Wallace
01-26-2014, 06:33 PM
1. Waverace 64
2. Pilotwings 64
3. Blast Corps
4. Cruis'n USA
5. Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
6. South Park
7. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter