PDA

View Full Version : Your favo[u]rite Zelda dungeon (possible spoilers)

cHicKeLoR
11-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Hello!

I wanted to create a topic for a long time, especially one that has a connection to an upcoming marathon, but for different reasons that never happened. Since most of us were blessed with a new shiny Zelda game which removed us from most social events for a certain period of time. For me, it was a whole weekend of Zelda fun. I did not beat the game yet, because I want to get every collectable (and item) in the game before I attempt the final dungeon (and its boss). Due to work I will not be able to play the game during the week. _dead2_
All that aside, delving into a new Zelda made me think about all the Zelda games I have played to far and their dungeons. I was wondering, which dungeon/temple did I enjoy the most? Was there even one that impressed me more than others or offered a different emotion on playing/beating it than others in the franchise? Well, that is what I want everyone to share and enjoy finding out about other members of this community.
The problem that might emerge concerns a variation in experience. Not everyone has played the same games to completion. What I would suggest is that before posting your fav. dungeon(s)/temple(s) you list the games you have not beaten. If you only played one Zelda game but want to share your opinion anyway you can just write which one you played, since that list is shorter :). I think it might be nice to put your reasoning of why you like a certain dungeon/temple in the spoiler-thingie.

Ok.. here I go

Zelda games I have played: OoT, OoS, LA, A Link between Wolds, Majora's Mask (but never finished it), LttP (never finished it), and Four Swords (but I forgot which version...)

Fav. :
Spirit Temple (OoT):
[spoiler:2qda18f3]I really loved this temple. Visiting it as young and old Link made this a unique experience for me. The atmosphere of the temple (desert and stuff) really made it stick with me. Not to mention that the boss is my fav. in OoT. It just somehow felt that by using both forms of Link, and therefore more items than usual (although that might just be remembering it wrong), made it stand out amoung all the excellent temples[/spoiler:2qda18f3]

The next two are in the new game.. so spoilers if you have not played it and want to dungeons to be a surprise.
[spoiler:2qda18f3]Desert Palace (A Link between Worlds) and Ice Ruins (A Link between Worlds)
As you might see I love the desert theme for temples :). Strangely, I dislike it in most games but those two Zelda games made them work so well! The aesthetic and sound. Marvellous!
Although, the boss did not feel that special to me, I still liked the feel of the dungeon and was sad when I realized that I am at the final door and I cannot play more of it. Oh, and the sr is so much fun!

As for the Ice Ruins, the ice topic almost always delivers aesthetically. However, this dungeon was fun, (in my opinion) challenging, thrilling, had a great boss, and probably my fav. music so far! Since the boss was pretty cool, I was left in awe when it was over. It really felt like a threatening dungeon all the time.[/spoiler:2qda18f3]

As I said when writing which games I have played... I have not finished MM. The Stone Tower Temple looks and sounds like something I would love but since I have never played it.. it cannot have a place (yet) :omg:

I hope some of your write your favs in this as well. Remember, this is just a fun topic to share some feelings and acknowledge those of others. Not criticising them for not liking/feeling the same way you do.
Enjoy :)

JasefWisener
11-26-2013, 03:01 PM
I tend to like ice dungeons and fire dungeons (with the exception of the Fire Temple from OoT). Not sure what my favorites are, but I really like Snowhead in MM.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Apple314
11-26-2013, 04:03 PM
I like the topic title. :)

I really like the Shadow Temple in OoT. The boat crossing is really cool and the entire dungeon is wonderfully atmospheric.

The Earth Temple from WW is another of my favourites, with the really clever puzzles involving both Medli's harp and the Mirror Shield.

I'm not far enough into ALBW to really make a judgement on it's dungeons. I'm having too much fun exploring Hy/Lorule!

MalkanorBek
11-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Personally, the fire/lava themed dungeon of any game tends to be my favorite. That goes to any game, really. I'm all about the lava themed levels of anything.

As for anything specific, I can't think of what my all time favorite dungeon is. I plan on replaying through every Zelda game (in chronological order) during my winter break. Maybe then more dungeons will stick out to me as clear favorites.

AnythingButAwesome
11-26-2013, 05:42 PM
My favorite dungeon in terms of game design would probably be the Dark Temple in Link to the Past.

JasefWisener
11-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Oh I forgot about the Shadow Temple. That's totally my favorite.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

diddyknux
11-26-2013, 10:38 PM
I think the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time is still my favorite. I also really like all the dungeons in Majora's Mask, except for Stone Tower Temple (the music's great, though). Even the Great Bay Temple has grown on me.

DNAbro
11-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Sandship in skyward sword is one of my absolute favorite dungeons. Just love the mechanic behind it, going back and forward in time.

Pictocheat
11-27-2013, 10:17 AM
I'd say my favorite Zelda dungeon is Dodongo's Cavern from Ocarina of Time, if more because of nostalgia than anything else.

cHicKeLoR
11-27-2013, 05:31 PM
I like the topic title. :)

You're welcome :D

As for anything specific, I can't think of what my all time favorite dungeon is. I plan on replaying through every Zelda game (in chronological order) during my winter break. Maybe then more dungeons will stick out to me as clear favorites.

I hope to hear about your adventure during that break. Sounds awesome!