PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Mandela Dead At Age 95

markus
12-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Today the whole world will be saddened by the loss of a great man that is Nelson Mandela. The news literally got me out of bed this morning. It has been a very depressing week around the world that's for sure, but I think this one will hit more people than ever. The tv has been on all day and all that's playing on the news is this tragic event.

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/201349/two.jpg

[spoiler=Picture taken from the following site:1y4fq53e]http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11168116[/spoiler:1y4fq53e]

This was one quote that my mum has on the fridge that Nelson once said:

"Overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity. It is an act of justice. It is the protection of a fundamental human right, the right to dignity and a decent life. While poverty persists, there is no true freedom".

R.I.P Nelson Mandela! :'(

pkGamerB
12-06-2013, 12:04 AM
We definitely lost an amazing and influential person today, and that's putting it lightly. DarkBlaze made a great point in another thread though, that "...it sucks he died, but it seems he died in the best case scenario, peacefully after 95 years of hard work."

Mandella was a true survivor whose life impacted people internationally, and his legacy will live on forever. May he rest in peace.

Apple314
12-06-2013, 08:33 AM
The world might've lost an amazing person, but the thing about influential people is their legacy lives on. People will continue to be inspired by Mandela for many years to come. R.I.P.

DrewStern
12-06-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't think we should take Nelson Mandela's death and claim it as a tragedy. He lived a long, fulfilling life and changed the world with his message and influence. I believe history will treat Nelson Mandela well, so it would be best to let him rest in peace and use this time to celebrate his memory.

[ Post made via Android ]

JaggerG
12-07-2013, 05:08 AM
Agreed to all of the above. Legacy can immortalize a person.