PDA

View Full Version : Starbound: Where there are more frontiers

Melcadrien
12-10-2013, 10:49 PM
I suppose everyone has an idea as what a sandbox builder game is?

If not, here's a refresher. It's where you have a lot of creative freedom in destroying the landscape, rebuilding it to your own desires, and decorating it so your friends would be in awe of it. Such examples are Minecraft and Terraria.

Now Starbound is almost like Terraria. However, instead of using the arcane magic that Terraria has Starbound uses the Science Fiction aspect. You have your own space ship you can use to travel the stars and use as your own home base. When beaming to the planet you can find treasure, fight alien creatures for food, money or resources, and you can possibly find signs of civilized life (Or hostile ones).

The game is still not finished. However, from what I played (And shown) I am quite impressed that I will have a lot of fun exploring the stars and finding new planets with different environments both externally and internally.

Now I played as part of the human species. I haven't found myself interested in the other species yet. If you have played the game what is your sort of preferred species in the game?

You can find their site here: http://playstarbound.com/

Also, here's a video of me showing off the game
[ytube:3oljoemu]5OcrnR6gjao[/ytube:3oljoemu]

Hartross
12-11-2013, 04:38 AM
I've been addicted to this game. I've been playing as the Apex race mostly. Large part of that is so I can name my characters after Donkey Kong and Planet of the Apes characters :thumbs:

Wallace
01-18-2014, 04:35 PM
So, this is also a game I have, and would recommend.

It's funny, when I heard of this I instantly remembered telling people I wanted a Terraria, or Minecraft like game that I would be able to visit other planets. Tho, I meant by building a space ship within the game. Still this game delivers!