PDA

View Full Version : Hyrule Warriors!

Apple314
12-18-2013, 12:43 PM
As many of you know, today's Nintendo Direct revealed "Hyrule Warriors", which is a collaboration between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei, and is essentially Zelda X Dynasty Warriors.

[ytube:388a28rx]ZOq4IiuRMWk[/ytube:388a28rx]

So, what do you think? Will this game be an effective entry into the Zelda Dynasty, or will it turn out to be quite Dy"nasty"?

And the most important question, where does it fall on the timeline?

Reozen
12-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Sadly, I missed Nintendo Direct but this looks like an awesome game.

Meta289
12-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Zelda as an Action/Beat 'em up game? Sign me up.

the1stpkmnfan
12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Too cool. Want it now.

Crysagee
12-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Wow the game looks awesome! I enjoy the dynasty warrior games, so I am totally looking forward to this!

pkGamerB
12-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Personally, I'd rather have a full fledged Zelda game on the WiiU, but ALBW just came out, so I won't complain. I don't know anything about the Dynasty Warriors series so that doesn't appeal to me at all, but the combat looks pretty fluid and fast paced from this trailer. I'd have to see more to form a real opinion on it. If it turns out to be more combat based than typical Zelda games, hopefully it's more challenging.

zion777
12-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Sadly, I missed Nintendo Direct but this looks like an awesome game.

You can find it on youtube still :) [ytube:2h8acpxr]OS_gYzv02SQ[/ytube:2h8acpxr]

I am interested in Hyrule Warriors (also interested in what the final name will be). I have actually enjoyed Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, and Dynasty Warriors Gundam, so I will gladly play one in one of my favorite universes! My thoughts on the trailer though were "thats a lot of enemies on screen" and "the levels don't really look like Hyrule"

Reozen
12-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks Zion! I appreciate it looks like there's going to be a lot of awesome games this year I don't have a Wii U yet but today's Nintendo Direct is really making me want to get one.

Futondean
12-18-2013, 08:47 PM
All my yes!

MalkanorBek
12-19-2013, 08:00 AM
From what I've seen so far, this looks amazing. I want right now. I was always more into the more actiony Zeldas. I'm also really liking Link's look, though I do hope he gets more detail as the game development goes on. Not that it's bad, it just feels a little flat from what we've just seen.

gendarmeofficer
12-19-2013, 12:04 PM
The game looks pretty interesting. Now if only I had a Wii U.

rudy06
12-20-2013, 07:38 AM
I haven't played a Dynasty Warrior game since 3 (Lu Bu anyone?) but I really enjoyed it so that alone makes this news exciting. Being able to run around and decimate entire armies as the Hero of Hyrule! I know, from my limited experience, that some had a co-op aspect as well. Maybe we will get to see Zelda (Sheik) run around and bust up some enemies too.

The closest thing I can compare this too is when Super Smash Brothers was announced. It was awesome to see the characters we love in a new, different environment. I am not saying this will take off as well, but we can hope it works!

Bek, I agree. The Link model does look cool, but at the same time a bit flat.

Hartross
12-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Looks fun but I still would of preferred a "proper" zelda game if you know what I mean.

diddyknux
12-21-2013, 11:41 PM
You just got Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD. And if you really think about it, Skyward Sword isn't THAT old. Like, 2 years, maybe 3? I think you can wait for a proper Zelda a little while. ;)

Hartross
12-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Fair point lol

the1stpkmnfan
12-22-2013, 03:18 PM
I certainly wouldnt mind waiting for Zelda Wii U; any forms of art shouldn't be rushed.

Along with ALBW, SS, Hyrule Warriors + a MM remake, I can enjoy all those and wait til 2015/6 for Zelda Wii U if I have to. :P

untuxable
12-22-2013, 05:51 PM
I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game, but this still looks pretty stinkin' cool. I'll wait to get some friend's opinions before I get it myself, but I'm still keeping an eye on it.

DNAbro
12-30-2013, 05:53 PM
I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game, but this still looks pretty stinkin' cool. I'll wait to get some friend's opinions before I get it myself, but I'm still keeping an eye on it.

Pretty much feel the exact same way. Never tried any of the Warriors game and this will most likely be my first. Really hope Nintendo releases a demo of it first.