PDA

View Full Version : What will you play over holiday break?

icarusfalls
12-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Hey all,
Now that the holidays are approaching and everyone will hopefully have time to relax and play some games, are you planning to spend the break playing one or two games in particular? Maybe you are buying a new game as a gift to yourself, if so what do you plan on getting?
I'm going to be flying to visit the in-laws, so I'll be playing Ocarina of Time on my 3DS on the flight and then possibly some Shin Megami Tensei IV. I also plan on buying and playing Dragons Crown on my Vita.

I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday season and a happy new year!

Apple314
12-20-2013, 09:39 AM
I'll be doing the Christmas stuff on AC:NL, attempt to 100% ALBW, speedrun Pokemon Blue again and might buy Bravely Default with Christmas money.

Amaterasu
12-20-2013, 09:44 AM
^What's your best time for Pokemon Blue?

As for what I'll be playing... Probably what I am now. Gonna try and finish up Ristar, play some more Xenosaga Episode I and Persona 3 FES, and the occasional bit of Senran Kagura Burst. I also plan on starting up Fate/EXTRA today.

Apple314
12-20-2013, 09:49 AM

3:30ish... I want to try and trim it down a lot.

cHicKeLoR
12-20-2013, 09:58 AM
I will be playing Attack of the Friday Monsters for the first time on my 3ds and The Dark Eye: Satinav's Chains on steam.
Probably some AC:NL as well. There is a slight possibility someone might give me a game as a present for Christmas ... who knows ;)

icarusfalls
12-20-2013, 10:57 AM
I'll be doing the Christmas stuff on AC:NL, attempt to 100% ALBW, speedrun Pokemon Blue again and might buy Bravely Default with Christmas money.

I haven't played AC:NL yet, mainly because I hear it is super addictive! But, maybe I'll pick it up soon.

As for what I'll be playing... Probably what I am now. Gonna try and finish up Ristar, play some more Xenosaga Episode I and Persona 3 FES, and the occasional bit of Senran Kagura Burst. I also plan on starting up Fate/EXTRA today.

I love Persona 3 FES. I recently purchased it on PSN so I could start playing it again. Now that you reminded me of it, I want to play it again! I also have the portable edition, but I like the console release more.

DNAbro
12-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Just got a PS4 so I will be mostly playing with that. Also started working through the Ace Attorney games so i have that.

Heufneutje
12-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Persona 3. Got really into the Persona series lately but I just never find any time to play it with working so much. So hopefully I'll be able to play that a lot more now.

caramelslice
12-20-2013, 12:19 PM
I'll be visiting relatives in the Philippines. Since it's been almost 10 years since I last went, I don't think I'll get to catch up with games much. I did recently beat Tomb Raider though. Might try to plat the Last of Us or just continue playing EX Troopers before I fly out. If anything I'll probably just bring my PSP with me for the flight and try to finish Tactics Ogre.

lionheart91
12-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 -____-

caramelslice
12-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 -____-
You make it seem like you don't want to play it.

pkGamerB
12-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Apart from Christmas and New Year's Eves/Days, I don't get an actual break per se, but I'll mostly be finishing up Pokemon X and starting A Link Between Worlds over the next week or two. It's too bad the holidays don't fall on Tuesdays this year, since I'd have back to back four day weekends if they did.

Kennyan
12-20-2013, 05:20 PM
I host a game night/christmas party in december every year, so I'll be playing a good variety of games be it video ones or the tabletop kind.. Also I'm trying to stream Crash Bandicoot, but I've been having some bad luck with the game freezing..

MalkanorBek
12-20-2013, 05:24 PM
I've been trying to play a lot of Zelda games because I've been in one of those moods. I've also wanted to get around to speed running final fantasy IX. I also need to play through my backlog of Steam games (let alone my backlog o all video games). So much, I'm trying, but I don't think I can do a lot during the break.

Twister468
12-20-2013, 06:15 PM
I accidentally turned December into Zelda month, so hopefully I'll finish OoT3D and Link's awakening soon. I might start Majora's Mask and/or A link to the past since they've just been sitting around.
oh and New Leaf with friends.

zion777
12-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Finishing up Wind Waker HD so far (should complete it tonight) then will likely start Skyward Sword and play through the Jak and Daxter trilogy.

lionheart91
12-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 -____-

Is it that obvious? lol

Nah i'm actually kind of excited to finally get around to playing it.

caramelslice
12-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 -____-

Is it that obvious? lol

Nah i'm actually kind of excited to finally get around to playing it.
It's fun though. Gameplay is what I really liked about it. Didn't care much for the story.

Futondean
12-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Probably a lot of Ys: Memories of Celceta and finishing Tales of Xillia.

DrewStern
12-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Twilight Princess and hopefully finish Wind Waker. So glad to be of school right now.

[ Post made via Android ]

lionheart91
12-21-2013, 01:41 AM
It's fun though. Gameplay is what I really liked about it. Didn't care much for the story.

The story is actually what i'm most interested in. Although I have heard the gameplay is pretty fun.

caramelslice
12-21-2013, 01:49 AM
Probably a lot of Ys: Memories of Celceta
Wish I could play this during my flight, but I still need to grab a Vita.

Futondean
12-21-2013, 12:33 PM
It's actually really good and addicting XD

Sangome
12-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Well I was gonna chip away at all of the games on my 12 Games of Christmas list, but now Minecraft PS3 happened so I can kiss all of that goodbye. Gonna at least finish up my replay of Year of the Dragon though since it's my favorite Spyro and one of my favorite games period.

Other than that, probably Katamari Damacy and then whatever else I may or may not get for Christmas. Kinda wanting to go on a big Zelda binge but my Wii isn't very cooperative with discs anymore.

NostalgiaHolic
12-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Probably finish FF IV for Ds and then maybe play FF III on DS :thumbs:

caramelslice
12-21-2013, 02:33 PM
It's actually really good and addicting XD
Yeah, when I tried it at E3 it felt pretty much the same as Ys Seven, which I enjoyed since it was a nice change that Adol actually had some other people with him to help him fight this time around. Thinking about snagging a copy just to have until I get a Vita.

Futondean
12-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Well Memories of Celceta is my first Ys game, but I do want to go pick up the other games.

Hartross
12-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Already playing Bravely Default and will probably finish Wind Waker HD

icarusfalls
12-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Well, I have to update my games being played over the holiday! I bought A Link Between Worlds and it is one of the most amazing 3DS and Zelda games I've ever played! Also, this is the first use of 3D that doesn't make my eyes hurt! It is an absolute masterpiece. If you haven't picked it up you owe it to yourself to play it! Amazing!

Happy Holidays!
Jason / IcarusFalls

[ Post made via iPhone ]

caramelslice
12-22-2013, 02:32 AM
Well Memories of Celceta is my first Ys game, but I do want to go pick up the other games.
Yeah, if you like Memories of Celceta, definitely pick up Ys Seven.

Futondean
12-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Yeah, if you like Memories of Celceta, definitely pick up Ys Seven.
Planned on it. I have been wanting to but there is always something else that catch's my attention.

Sonic62
12-23-2013, 11:39 PM
I'd like to start Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. As always I'll be playing lots of New Leaf.