PDA

View Full Version : Just an Idea

DrewStern
01-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Okay, so this idea for a game has been bugging me for a while. (Not sure if this is even the appropriate forum, haven't posted here for a while.

Does everybody remember Star Wars Battlefront II? The game was incredible, a shooter that brought you to all different corners of the galaxy and even allowed you to play as a Jedi! There was a story mode and even online multiplayer that worked relatively well for that time. It was so great that EA announced they are developing a remake/sequel last E3.

Now here's my idea, a Hunger Games video game that follows the same formula. You play a tribute who has to survive and obtain his own weapons for battle. You can customize a character from any district and send them off to battle with 23 other players. There would be different maps that can be randomly selected, not announced to the player until they start the game. You could even unlock special characters like Katniss, Peeta and Finnick or learn special skill sets. When you die, though, you're dead for good and have to start your next games with a new character. (or the same character reincarnated)

There could even be online mutiplayer. Face off against players from all over the world. As soon as you are killed you can become a spectator or just move onto your next match. The longer you live the more points you obtain! There could be special "Quarter Quell" clauses like twice as many players or maps that are double sized. Special DLCs could give you access to maps from the movies.

What do you all think?

zion777
01-06-2014, 05:40 PM
I would likely play that... if the licensing didn't make it suck (which seems to be the case 9 out 10 times). THe closest thing I have heard of is the Hunger Games servers on Minecraft, in which I have spent a ton of time.

Amaterasu
01-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Yeah, since licensed video games nowadays are rarely good, I'd be a bit cautious about a Hunger Games game. If your idea were to actually become a game, and if it was done right, though, it would probably be something that I'd look into (despite not having seen/read anything Hunger Games related; sue me).