PDA

View Full Version : Consoles Powered On

jdtwins2009
01-13-2014, 08:55 PM
I got a new tv for my room yesterday and I hooked up my Wii, sitting here right now with the Wii menu playing and started thinking about the first games that came to mind whenever I hear the menu noise. Got me thinking about all of my past memories and what first comes to mind when thinking about turning on the consoles.

What comes do your guys' mind when you think about the menu/power on of your old consoles?

Mine:
GB/C - Pokemon Silver
GBA - Golden Sun/Pokemon
DS - Animal Crossing WW
3DS - Fire Emblem/Animal Crossing
PS1 - Tom Clancy/Cool Boarders
PS2 - Star Wars Battlefront 2
PSP - Final Fantasy Dissidia
Gamecube - Super Mario Sunshine
Wii - SSBB

DrewStern
01-13-2014, 09:21 PM
This is tricky, I can only think of a few.

NES: Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros. 3
GBA: Pokemon Emerald
PS2: Star Wars Battlefront 2
XBox: Halo 2
Gamecube: Super Mario Sunshine/Mario Kart Double Dash
DS: Pokemon Pearl
Wii: Twilight Princess/Super Mario Galaxy
3DS: Animal Crossing New Leaf
WiiU: Wind Waker HD/New Super Mario Bros. U

[ Post made via Android ]

Amaterasu
01-13-2014, 09:30 PM
Nothing comes to mind, really, but if I had to associate a game or two to each of the game systems I have, I guess it would be something like this:

GBA SP: Pokemon Ruby (Emerald is definitely superior, but Ruby was my first Pokemon game)
DS: Mega Man Starforce 3/Pokemon Black 2/White 2 (neither are my favorite DS game (that goes to 999), but I really enjoyed them, and remember sinking a lot of time into them)
3DS: Kinda tough due to my small-ish 3DS library (and no nostalgic-ish titles), but I think I'm gonna go with SMT IV or Pokemon X/Y. I've been having a good time with the former (probably gonna sink 100+ hours trying to get everything), and the later is Pokemon, and Pokemon is probably my favorite series.
PSP: Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (I was this close to unlocking the final character, but then I accidentally deleted my save. ;~; Over 100 hours down the drain. Haven't touched it much since). Second choice would be one of the PSP Project Diva games (probably Extend).
PS Vita: Virtue's Last Reward/Persona 4 Golden. The former is the second game in the Zero Escape series (the first being 999), and was amazing to go through (even if I did find 999 a bit better), while the latter is probably my favorite game on the Vita.
Gamecube: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (so many good, fun memories/feelings of this game)
Wii: SSBB (so much fun to play when friends are over)
Wii U: A bit too early for me to really say anything on this, but if I had to, I'd go with Wind Waker HD. It was a nice reminder of all the good memories and feelings I have for the GC Wind Waker.
PS2: Mega Man Anniversary Collection (I need to play more PS2 games...)
PS3: Final Fantasy XIII (yeah, I'm sure this isn't gonna be a popular choice, but it was my first (and, except for XIII-2, only) Final Fantasy game, so I have some fond memories of it)
360: Gonna leave this one blank, since all I've played on it so far is Sonic 06, Minecraft, and several Cave shmups.

...Hooray for unnecessarily listing the reasons why I picked the games I did.

Twister468
01-13-2014, 11:16 PM
GBC: Pokemon Gold
GBA SP:Pokemon Ruby
Gamecube: Luigi's Mansion
Wii: Mario Kart Wii/Okami
DS: Kirby Superstar Saga/Heartgold
3DS: Animal Crossing New Leaf
WiiU: Wind Waker HD

cHicKeLoR
01-14-2014, 05:13 AM
GB: Pokemon Red
GB/C: Dragon Quest Monsters (was kinda for both...)
GBA: Golden Sun
Snes: SMW
PS1: Breath of Fire
n64: smash
ps2: okami
3ds: ac:nl

sadly.. aside from portable gaming devices I sold most of my orginal consoles and games :/

diddyknux
01-14-2014, 08:42 AM
GB - Pokemon
GC - Either one of the Sonic Adventure games or Super Smash Bros. Melee. Maybe Metroid Prime.
Wii - Either Smash Bros. Brawl or Metrod Prime 3 and Metroid Other M
Dreamcast - even though I never had one, DEFINETLY Sonic Adventure 2
PSOne - Metal Gear Solid, or maybe Spyro (which is weird because I've never played Spyro)
PS2 - Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
PS3 - Not sure. I guess either Mortal Kombat or the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (usually I think of MGS3 first)

localretard
01-14-2014, 11:14 AM
NES: Super Mario Bros. 3
SNES: Super Mario World
Genesis: Toejam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
GB: Pokemon Red
GBA: Golden Sun
N64: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Dreamcast: Skies of Arcadia
GC: Windwaker
DS: Spirit Tracks
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy
PS3: Red Dead Redemption

pkGamerB
01-15-2014, 02:21 PM
NES: Xevious - I was only around 2 or 3 years old at the time and didn't actually play video games yet (it was my dad's game), but that music is one of the most nostalgic things for me.

Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog - Like Xevious, I was too young to really play it apart from the first level, but when I think Sega Genesis, I think Green Hill Zone.

SNES: EarthBound - So many games I could list here, but this game basically defined my childhood and really sparked my love for gaming. Chrono Trigger is a close second, and it was my second favorite game overall until about 5 years ago. LttP, Super Metroid, and Super Mario RPG are honorable mentions.

GB: Link's Awakening - I'm listing GB and GBC separately since they were pretty distinct eras for me. This was the first system I actually owned, and LA was the first game that made me really love it. Kirby's Dream Land and Super Mario Land are fairly nostalgic too.

N64: Super Mario 64/NBA Hangtime - I listed two equally important games here, the former being one I played for years before I finally beat it, and the latter is one I played with my dad a lot, and to this day remains the only sports game I'll go back and play once newer ones come out. Of course the two Zelda games and Pokemon Stadium were also great.

GBC: Pokemon Yellow - My original GB broke shortly after this game came out, so I got a GBC along with Yellow the following Christmas. I spent countless hours playing it, trading with friends, and completing the Pokedex for the first time. It was my favorite Pokemon game until I played Fire Red. Shoutouts to Pokemon Gold and Oracle of Ages, though.

GBA: Golden Sun 1&2 - Both games get the nod here since they're one continuous story, but if I have to pick one, the first gets a very slight edge. I preferred the atmosphere of Isaac's story (racing to pursue Saturos & co.) over Felix's (more exploration, less urgency), even though The Lost Age was a better game overall.

GCN: Super Smash Bros. Melee - This is the game I bought a GCN for, and it stands as my most played game on the system. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is another one I spent a lot of time on, both in game and in Chao Garden.

DS: Pokemon Platinum - I could have gone with any of the DS Pokemon games here, but I'll go with Platinum since it was my main game at the peak of my competitive battling days, and I enjoyed the in-game side as well. My current file has over 300 hours on it, mostly from breeding and training Pokemon for battle. Even though I like the gen 5 games, I was never able to get into the competitive side like I did with gen 4.

Wii: Netflix (lol) - Yeah, my Wii is basically a Netflix machine, and I've only played 5 games on it. I did like Skyward Sword, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Rhythm Heaven Fever though. Not sure which was my favorite.

PS3: Portal 2 - Like the Wii, I've only played a handful of games on my PS3, so this one's tough. Portal 2 was memorable enough for me to choose it, even though it was multiplatform. Valkyria Chronicles was really good too.

Steam: The Binding of Isaac - I've never really had a great gaming computer, so I haven't played a lot of serious PC games, but I spent nearly 150 hours getting all of the achievements in this game. I also loved Cave Story+ and Bastion.

Apple314
01-15-2014, 02:42 PM
GBC: Pokemon Yellow
GBA: Pokemon Sapphire
DS: Pokemon Diamond
3DS: Fire Emblem: Awakening

N64: Ocarina of Time
GC: Wind Waker

PS2: Kingdom Hearts

Well, those are the ones that come to mind immediately.

untuxable
01-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Hmm, this might be difficult….

GC: SSBM
Wii: Wii Sports
PS1: Crash Bandicoot
PS2: Sly Cooper 2: Band of Thieves
GBC: Pokemon Trading Card Game
GBA: Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced (probably because I've been speed running it lately)
DS: Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Even though I also have an Xbox 360 and a 3DS, neither of those systems actually have a noticeable and nostalgia-inducing start up sound to me. Heck, I don't even think the 360 has one at all except maybe a little "whoosh" when the menu comes up.

rudy06
01-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Atari: Maze Craze
NES: Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros. (Combo Cartridge)
SNES: Illusion of Gaia...I actually think of the place where I went and rented SNES games from. XD
Genesis: James Pond
N64: Mario Kart 64
Playstation: Wild Arms/Suikoden
Playstation 2: Kingdom Hearts
Playstation 3: Arkham Asylum/ Infamous
Wii: Mario Kart Wii
Wii U: Sonic Racing Unleashed
Gameboy: Pokemon Red
DSi: The World Ends With You

Homura
01-19-2014, 11:39 PM
NES: Super Mario Bros 3
Sega Genesis: Sonic 3 & Knuckles
PlayStation: Metal Gear Solid
PS2: Devil May Cry 3
GameBoy: Pokemon Red
GameCube: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Wii: Super Smash Bros
GameBoy Advance/Nintendo DS: Pokemon FireRed (I'm grouping them together because I bought FR for my DS first, and later bought two GBAs so I could trade with myself >...>)
PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4
360: Halo 3/Portal 2
3DS: Pokemon X
Wii U: Internet Browser :V

Amaterasu
01-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Wii U: Internet Browser :V

It's kinda sad that this is my most played thing on my Wii U, just because my laptop is being lame right now.

LordDirtyBrit
01-21-2014, 11:18 AM
N64: Super Mario 64
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Game Boy Color: Pokemon Crystal
Game Boy Advance: Pokemon Emerald
Nintendo DS: Pokemon Diamond (bought it before Platinum duh)
Nintendo 3DS: Pokemon Y

Sega Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure

Playstation: Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Playstation 2: Sega Mega Drive Collection

Xbox 360: Minecraft (Haven't bought the PC version)

PC: Pokemon White (ROM)

MasterLemon
01-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Wii: SSBB
GBC: Pokemon Gold/Crystal
GBA: Pokémon Emerald
DS: Pokémon Pearl
3DS: Pokémon X

Sega Dreamcast: SoulCalibur

PS1: Crash Bandicoot Warped
PS2: Sonic Mega Collection Plus

Xbox 360: Sonic CD