PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Video Game Death Scenes/In-Game Deaths

AnythingButAwesome
03-16-2014, 03:20 PM
What are your favorite video game death scenes/in-game deaths?

One of my favorites is in Nethack, how you can be killed if you kick a wall too many times.
http://i.imgur.com/efh5D2U.png

And who can forget the eye exam in Dead Space 2?

JaggerG
03-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Adam's death scene in Other M. Shoots Samus, babbles nonsense excuse, gets refuted, ignores refute, then is like "okay time for my death scene, see ya!"

ZebraGoomba
03-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Adam's death scene in Other M. Shoots Samus, babbles nonsense excuse, gets refuted, ignores refute, then is like "okay time for my death scene, see ya!"

Truly inspiring.

Do fake-outs count? I mean, they technically are no different from death scenes until you find out "lol jk I'm alive"

If they do, I'll nominate Drachma from Skies of Arcadia, mainly because of that touching scene beforehand. Although, I'll admit, I never really believed he was dead, but man did it take forever for him to resurface!

Also, it's not technically death but in the endings of the first two Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, especially the second one, since it might as well be considered death in a sense. I couldn't help but get a little emotional. I think it was that music. It was some powerful tune man.

Also, the infamous game over at the start of Super Paper Mario if you say no and something similar to that in Custom Robo for the GameCube.

I'll drop by again if I think of a death scene that actually involves death.

DrewStern
03-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Raticate's death in Pokemon RBY. It was truly peculiar, and sparked one of the biggest mysteries in the franchise's history.

JaggerG
03-19-2014, 01:20 AM
oh since fake-deaths have been brought up, I can take it a step further and mention the Sign Ring in The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. Pretty great scene.

Apple314
03-19-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm going to have to go with Aerith's death in FF7 as it is just so iconic.

GoldGameMaster
03-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Crash Bandicoot Warped: He can get cut in half with a sword and his legs just walk away.

Kennyan
03-19-2014, 04:18 PM
oh since fake-deaths have been brought up, I can take it a step further and mention the Sign Ring in The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. Pretty great scene.The sign ring was so cruel, I was not prepared for that at all..

Hartross
03-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Probably a tie between Lee Everett in the Walking Dead, John Marston in Red Dead Redemption and The Joker in Arkham City. I am still not over the feels yet

Homura
03-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Pretty much any important death scene in Asura's Wrath, ESPECIALLY from the final act DLC, Nirvana (I think it was called Nirvana, at least >>). It was the first game within recent memory to have made me honestly cry from all the events. I hate that I can't bring myself to replay the game, because it's truly fun, but I just can't seem to stay interested long enough to get through it.

The Boss' death scene is another favorite. Unfortunately the scene was spoiled for me, so it wasn't as good as it could have been. Regardless, it's still amazing.

untuxable
03-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Crash Bandicoot Warped: He can get cut in half with a sword and his legs just walk away.

Crash Bandicoot always had great in-game deaths starting with the very first where the background goes black, he spins around, and falls down to anvil sounds.

Sonic62
03-27-2014, 05:57 PM
The baby Metroid in Super Metroid was pretty sad.

As for a pseudo death if you will, the point in Sonic Adventure 2 where Dr. Robotnik thinks he's finally disposed of Sonic, Amy thought so too with her "Soooooooonic!"

OmniSlacker
03-27-2014, 07:28 PM
That time I fell down that hole

diddyknux
03-28-2014, 11:39 AM
As for a pseudo death if you will, the point in Sonic Adventure 2 where Dr. Robotnik thinks he's finally disposed of Sonic, Amy thought so too with her "Soooooooonic!"

Shadow's "death" (well, at the time, there wouldn't be the quotations) used to get me as well.

spn_phoenix_92
04-18-2014, 10:40 PM
The whole ending of Sonic Adventure 2. Probably my all time favorite game growing up, & Shadow was my favorite character. Also gonna throw out nothing specific or spoiler wise, but to anyone that's played Bioshock Infinite, there are a few scenes that blew my freakin mind.

Trust, Me I Got This
04-19-2014, 12:33 AM
The Joker in Arkham City. 'Nuff said.

MasterLemon
04-19-2014, 01:14 AM

That.

Sonic62
04-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Shadow's "death" (well, at the time, there wouldn't be the quotations) used to get me as well.

How I mentioned SA2 but not Shadow boggles my mind. :lol: Thanks for bringing it up.

LordDirtyBritt
04-19-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm the devil because I didn't cry when Shadow died, I'm also the devil because I hated him right off the bat. Mine favorites would be the Crash 3 sword death in terms of humor and Mario drowning in Super Mario 64 in terms of horror.